PDA

View Full Version : The race to become the first player with 20k points and 10k assists - CP3 Vs LeBron

TheGoatest
01-26-2021, 07:05 AM
Chris Paul needs 964 points and 212 assists.
LeBron needs 521 assists.

CP3 will probably beat LeBron by a couple of months - He will get it around halfway through next season and LeBron in the latter half of next season.

SATAN
01-26-2021, 08:01 AM
I blame Dennis.

BigTicket
01-26-2021, 09:13 AM
If we assume they continue at their current averages, both players need another 70 games to get there, so likely it will be decided who misses the most games due to injuries.

light
01-26-2021, 02:42 PM
Chris Paul needs 964 points and 212 assists.
LeBron needs 521 assists.

CP3 will probably beat LeBron by a couple of months - He will get it around halfway through next season and LeBron in the latter half of next season.

What's amazing about this is that they're so close in assists.

The King has 9,500 assists, Point God has 9,800 assists. Close.

The King has 35,000 points, Point God has 19,000 points. Not so close.

3ball
01-26-2021, 02:59 PM

They're the same player

except lebron team-hopped/colluded, so he won and CP3 didn't - CP3 wins easily with Wade/Bosh

Airupthere
01-26-2021, 03:02 PM
They're the same player

except lebron team-hopped/colluded, so he won and CP3 didn't - CP3 wins easily with Wade/Bosh

Why is collusion being completely ignored?

8Ball
01-26-2021, 03:08 PM
Because collusion doesn't apply? You have to prove it in court. You guys never did.

LeBron played by the rules of the NBA. End of story.

Deal with it.

rawimpact
01-26-2021, 03:13 PM
Stupid stats,

I mean John Stockton all time record is 19.7k points and 15.8k assists is easily more impressive than 20 and 10

3ball
01-26-2021, 03:22 PM
Because collusion doesn't apply? You have to prove it in court. You guys never did.

LeBron played by the rules of the NBA. End of story.

Deal with it.

Think of it this way - Dirk would be rated ahead of Michael Jordan if he teamed up with Wade/Bosh and 4-peated from 11-14'

That's how big a factor colluding is and that's why it distorts a player's ranking

(remember, Dirk's 8 seed almost beat the 14' Spurs in 7 games)

aj1987
01-26-2021, 04:05 PM
Think of it this way - Dirk would be rated ahead of Michael Jordan if he teamed up with Wade/Bosh and 4-peated from 11-14'

That's how big a factor colluding is and that's why it distorts a player's ranking

Ordan is 1-9 without Pippen. Heck, he never had a winning record without Pippen. :roll: :roll:

rawimpact
01-26-2021, 04:09 PM

Dirk is already ranked ahead of Jordan by some of the most well known statisticians and most NBA players.

8Ball
01-26-2021, 04:09 PM

No.

Dirk would be rated ahead of MJ if Dirk had 17 All-NBA teams, 14 All-NBA 1st teams.
Approaching 40 000 points.
Averaged 27/7/7 for 18 seasons.

LeBron has all of the above and its all individual accomplishments.

Then Dirk would have to make 10 finals, win 4 mvps, 4 finals mvps.

Airupthere
01-26-2021, 04:12 PM
Stans trying hard to forget about collusion. It happened. It's real. He did collude or recruit or however you want to call it.

“I’ve always recruited,” James told ESPN’s Rachel Nichols in a sit-down interview that will air Christmas Day at halftime of the Lakers-Golden State Warriors game on ABC. “I’ve been trying to get guys to come play with me since, like, 2007. I’ve got rejected a lot. But I’ve also have not got rejected a lot.”

To say that he did not benefit from these collusions is absurd.

8Ball
01-26-2021, 04:14 PM
No proof of collusion. No penalty, no investigation, all played by the rules in free agency.

Players are allowed to talk during the summer while they are free agents.

Deal with it.

Airupthere
01-26-2021, 04:18 PM
No proof of collusion. No penalty, no investigation, all played by the rules in free agency.

Players are allowed to talk during the summer while they are free agents.

Deal with it.

No proof? He took top competition in the East by colluding with them (thus eliminating them as competition and doubling down by having them as teammates) and they won 2 rings in 4 years together. You see the effect, the damage it has done to the league.

KD goes on to make a superteam in GSW later on and now Harden joins an already teamed up Kyrie and KD. It goes on. It's his legacy. It is what he is leaving this game.

8Ball
01-26-2021, 04:24 PM
No proof of collusion. No investigation. No penalty. Nothing.

Players are allowed to move around in free agency unless you prefer to go back to the days of slave ownership.

3ball
01-26-2021, 04:32 PM
No.

Dirk would be rated ahead of MJ if Dirk had 17 All-NBA teams, 14 All-NBA 1st teams.
Approaching 40 000 points.
Averaged 27/7/7 for 18 seasons.

LeBron has all of the above and its all individual accomplishments.

Then Dirk would have to make 10 finals, win 4 mvps, 4 finals mvps.

Kareem, Kobe and Karl Malone already have all that and other stuff too

but mj is rated higher because longevity doesn't matter - it's all about production rate and winning ability (brand, leadership)

So again, if dirk 4-peated with Wade/Bosh, that would severely distort his ranking - he'd be top 10 for sure, even if he went 2/4

aj1987
01-26-2021, 04:47 PM

but mj is rated higher because longevity doesn't matter - it's all about production rate and winning ability (brand, leadership)

So again, if dirk 4-peated with Wade/Bosh, that would severely distort his ranking - he'd be top 10 for sure, even if he went 2/4

Are you autistic? Well, that's a rhetorical question. Don't answer it.

LeBron has 14 All-NBA First team selections. Malone and Kobe have 11.

LeBron has 4 MVP's. Both Malone and Kobe COMBINED have fewer.

LeBron has 4 FMVP's. Both Malone and Kobe COMBINED have half.

LeBron made the Finals 10 times. Both Malone and Kobe COMBINED made fewer Finals.

3ball
01-26-2021, 04:49 PM
Are you autistic? Well, that's a rhetorical question. Don't answer it.

LeBron has 14 All-NBA First team selections. Malone and Kobe have 11.

LeBron has 4 MVP's. Both Malone and Kobe COMBINED have fewer.

LeBron has 4 FMVP's. Both Malone and Kobe COMBINED have half.

LeBron made the Finals 10 times. Both Malone and Kobe COMBINED made fewer Finals.

Kareem and Malone have more points

Kobe and Kareem have more rings

So Lebron doesn't even have an argument over them.. maybe Malone.. Kobe has more all-defense too

And lebron colluded in a weak conference, so his conference finals wins mean nothing

aj1987
01-26-2021, 04:58 PM
Kareem and Malone have more points
LeBron's career isn't done yet. LeBron has more FMVP's and All-NBA than both of them.

Also, LeBron has more points, rebounds, steals, assists, and blocks than 1-9. In both the RS AND PO's. Not to mention the fact that LeBron is more efficient.

Kobe and Kareem have more rings

So Lebron doesn't even have an argument over them.. maybe Malone.. Kobe has more all-defense too
Again, LeBron has more points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks than Kobe. More All-NBA, more FMVP's, and more MVP's.

And lebron colluded in a weak conference, so his conference finals wins mean nothing
1-9 has a career losing record without Pippen. Dude was a cancerous loser before Pippen taught him how to win. :cheers:

8Ball
01-26-2021, 05:03 PM

Longevity matters.

Sorry Jordan doesn't have longevity arguments.

Shouldn't have burnt out mentally.

Gudo
01-26-2021, 05:08 PM
Seems like it’s possible for both cp3 and lebron to achieve this milestone this year but they have to stretch it out a bit.

My guess is Lebron will reach the milestone earlier. His apg can only go up as they play better in LA. Cp3 only needs to think about points to reach this milestone. It’s also doable if he can average a little bit more on points.

SATAN
01-26-2021, 06:32 PM
They're the same player

And Michael Jordan is Demar Derozen

Smoke117
01-26-2021, 07:01 PM

LeBron has 13,000 more minutes played.

3ball
01-26-2021, 07:04 PM
And Michael Jordan is Demar Derozen

Career Stats vs Kobe Bryant

Jordan (8 games) (https://stathead.com/basketball/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id1=bryanko01&player_id2=jordami01)........ 25/4/4 on 44%
Derozan (10 games) (https://stathead.com/basketball/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id1=bryanko01&player_id2=derozde01).... 16/3/3 on 44%

dankok8
01-26-2021, 07:10 PM
There you go. You guys should go compare Lebron to Chris Paul.

BigKAT
01-26-2021, 08:36 PM
Well, CP might be the first 20k 10k.
But Lebron will then immediately become the first 30k 10k... so yeah.

3ball
01-26-2021, 08:39 PM
Well, CP might be the first 20k 10k.
But Lebron will then immediately become the first 30k 10k... so yeah.

Only losers that didn't win as much as expected start counting their longevity accumulations

"I might not win as much as I should've, but I played a really long time"

That's the case that an underachievers must make.. imagine colluding for 10 Finals and barely winning any, usually by luck

AirBonner
01-26-2021, 08:43 PM
4fmvp 4mvp 4chips

LeBron’s a loser!

3ball
01-26-2021, 08:46 PM
4fmvp 4mvp 4chips

LeBron’s a loser!

Lebron has the most losing championship record in 3-pointer basketball history - worst championship record ever

He's the definition of "loser" on the championship level - worst record and worst losses (biggest margin, biggest choke)

His teams are the "clippers of the Finals" (0.400 teams on the championship level)

Again, he's the literal definition of loser, aka 4/10

aj1987
01-26-2021, 08:47 PM
Only losers that didn't win as much as expected start counting their longevity accumulations

"I might not win as much as I should've, but I played a really long time"

That's the case that an underachievers must make.. imagine colluding for 10 Finals and barely winning any, usually by luck

If LeBron's a loser, what does that make you? A morbidly obese basement dwelling retard with dozens of accounts dedicated to hating on a dude making hundreds of millions playing a sport, all the while lying about playing basketball in college, when it reality you've never even touched a basketball in your pathetic life. :cheers:

3ball
01-26-2021, 08:51 PM
If LeBron's a loser, what does that make you? A morbidly obese basement dwelling retard with dozens of accounts dedicated to hating on a dude making hundreds of millions playing a sport, all the while lying about playing basketball in college, when it reality you've never even touched a basketball in your pathetic life. :cheers:

I'm sorry the facts make you angry...

but Lebron has the worst losing record ever in 3-pointer basketball history - worst championship record ever

So he's the definition of "loser" - worst record and worst losses, including the biggest margin of loss and biggest choke

His teams are the "clippers of the Finals" (0.400 teams on the championship level)

Again, he's the literal definition of loser, aka 4/10 (worst record).. 2011 (worst choke.. and 2014 (worst loss)

AirBonner
01-26-2021, 08:53 PM

but Lebron has the worst losing record ever in 3-pointer basketball history - worst championship record ever

So he's the definition of "loser" - worst record and worst losses, including the biggest margin of loss and biggest choke

Again, he's the literal definition of loser, aka 4/10

No Pippen no chip ‘n

3ball
01-26-2021, 08:54 PM
No Pippen no chip ‘n

Pippen is the least help that any top 10 player had

So it's "just pippen, mj goatin"

Manny98
01-26-2021, 08:56 PM
Winning 4 championships as the best player = Loser according to 3ball :oldlol:

You realize if LeBron wins this year "Loser" Lebron would only have one less ring than your idol with more total points, more 1st teams, more finals appearances, more career win shares, more total playoff wins I could go on

tpols
01-26-2021, 08:58 PM
Karl Malone is number 2 all time in points behind KAJ. I've never heard anybody praise him for it. What matters in the end, is how good you were at basketball and how much you were able to win. It's the 80/20 rule. If we're talking career totals, 80% of your points are going to be scored against average or bad teams. 15% against good ones and probably 5% against elite ones. Malone and Lebron absolutely dominate the first 80 and are good against the next 15, but struggle top 5. A true GOAT never struggles. Hence, Michael Jordan.

3ball
01-26-2021, 09:04 PM
Winning 4 championships as the best player = Loser according to 3ball :oldlol:

You realize if LeBron wins this year "Loser" Lebron would only have one less ring than your idol with more total points, more 1st teams, more finals appearances, more career win shares, more total playoff wins I could go on

Lebron fields the worst teams in championship history:

1) worst record in 3-pointer history (0.400 win percentage, aka lottery team on the championship level)

2) biggest losses in history (14', 17', 18')

3) biggest choke in history (11')

Again, the definition of loser

Manny98
01-26-2021, 09:08 PM
Lebron fields the worst teams in championship history:

1) worst record in 3-pointer history (0.400 win percentage, aka lottery team on the championship level)

2) biggest losses in history (14', 17', 18')

3) biggest choke in history (11')

Again, the definition of loser
That doesn't change the fact that he has 4 rings and is one of the most decorated players ever

3ball
01-26-2021, 09:44 PM
That doesn't change the fact that he has 4 rings and is one of the most decorated players ever

He has more Finals wins than most, but more Finals losses than EVERYONE in 3-pointer history

Lebron has negative 2 rings (4-6 = -2)

Manny98
01-26-2021, 09:53 PM
He has more Finals wins than most, but more Finals losses than EVERYONE in 3-pointer history

Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess....

https://i.postimg.cc/m2J46pqQ/378a40831d1001c96af434aa24b6dd97.gif

3ball
01-26-2021, 09:58 PM
Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess....

https://i.postimg.cc/m2J46pqQ/378a40831d1001c96af434aa24b6dd97.gif

Lebron loses with good teams and stacked casts, so he's extremely beatable

That matters in the goat debate

Lebron lost 6 times with 1 or 2 seeds, and so did everyone else in history.. only Jordan was unbeatable (never lost)

Lebron lost with good teams... And as the favorite.. And to 1-star teams... He lost with super-teams (11', 14', 17') and veteran 1 seeds (09' and 10') - so he lost with all kinds of casts and to all kinds of opponents (including 1-star teams)... This stuff matters because it shows how beatable he is... He's the best loser ever (can lose under any circumstance)

Axe
01-26-2021, 10:03 PM
I came in this thread to watch 3ball get gangbanged by king kong fam.

What's amusing is that his disciples (tpols, welfarefan, ImKobe, etc.) aren't even here to back-up his sorry ass anymore.

8Ball
01-26-2021, 10:43 PM
I came in this thread to watch 3ball get gangbanged by king kong fam.

What's amusing is that his disciples (tpols, welfarefan, ImKobe, etc.) aren't even here to back-up his sorry ass anymore.

3ball had a 10 hour straight meltdown today.

Started at 10am and ended at 8pm. Non stop for about 150 posts.

It surprises me that the 46 point performance vs a Cavs team in January made him melt down worst than the finals last year. :lol

8Ball
01-26-2021, 10:44 PM
Lebron loses with good teams and stacked casts, so he's extremely beatable

That matters in the goat debate

Lebron lost 6 times with 1 or 2 seeds, and so did everyone else in history.. only Jordan was unbeatable (never lost)

Lebron lost with good teams... And as the favorite.. And to 1-star teams... He lost with super-teams (11', 14', 17') and veteran 1 seeds (09' and 10') - so he lost with all kinds of casts and to all kinds of opponents (including 1-star teams)... This stuff matters because it shows how beatable he is... He's the best loser ever (can lose under any circumstance)

1-9.

Jordan lost plenty. 3ball doesn't even remember history anymore. :roll:

Axe
01-26-2021, 10:48 PM

It surprises me that the 46 point performance vs a Cavs team in January made him melt down worst than the finals last year. :lol
Spam lord lols :roll:

3ball
01-26-2021, 10:56 PM

I honestly was unaware that Lebron had a good game or even played

I was on here all day to blow off steam from something else that happened in the morning and put me on hold for a day..

Back to the grind tomorrow

StrongLurk
01-26-2021, 10:56 PM

Get help.

Axe
01-26-2021, 11:06 PM
I honestly was unaware that Lebron had a good game or even played

I was on here all day to blow off steam from something else that happened in the morning and put me on hold for a day..

Back to the grind tomorrow
You got banned not more than a week ago ;)

3ball
01-26-2021, 11:08 PM
You got banned not more than a week ago ;)

Lebron lost with:

- good teams

- veteran 1 seeds

- as the favorite

Lebron lost to:

- 1-star teams

- underdogs

- many different teams

- unathletic cores that won off ball movement (dirk... duncan/parker/ginobili... curry/klay/dray)

Lebron lost:

- the most times (6 times)

- by the largest margin twice

- the most embarrassing way (goat choke)

So he lost in every way, with all kinds of casts and to all kinds of opponents.. This stuff matters because it shows how beatable he is...

He's the best loser ever because he can lose under any circumstance (shown above)... :cheers:

Axe
01-26-2021, 11:21 PM
Lebron lost with:

- good teams

- veteran 1 seeds

- as the favorite

Lebron lost to:

- 1-star teams

- underdogs

- many different teams

- unathletic cores that won off ball movement (dirk... duncan/parker/ginobili... curry/klay/dray)

Lebron lost:

- the most times (6 times)

- by the largest margin twice

- the most embarrassing way (goat choke)

So he lost in every way, with all kinds of casts and to all kinds of opponents.. This stuff matters because it shows how beatable he is...

He's the best loser ever because he can lose under any circumstance (shown above)... :cheers:
Once a spam lord, always a spam lord. :rolleyes:

And1AllDay
01-26-2021, 11:21 PM

mike could never

SouBeachTalents
01-27-2021, 05:36 AM
Damn, 3ball stuck resorting to the losing in the Finals is worse than losing earlier in the playoffs argument :lol

goozeman
01-27-2021, 06:48 AM
Before getting HIV and being forced to retire, Magic was on pace to do this in 13.5 seasons. Stockton retired with 16,000 assists and 19,711 points. Oscar Robertson retired at 35 with 27k points and 9,887 assists. As a basketball milestone, to be the first in the history of the game accomplish that feat is definitely a nice feather in the cap, but it's kind of an asterisk stat given that if not for circumstances or choice other greats would already have easily surpassed those numbers. Stockton, for example, chose to play almost exclusively as a facilitator next to Malone, but he could definitely score. He probably could have been 23k+ and 10k assist career guy in some other scenario where his everything plays out differently and he's asked to be more of shooter. Magic could pretty do whatever he wanted on a basketball court. Those numbers are pretty much child's play for a healthy Magic. The way an assist is scored has changed a lot over the years also. A lot of "assists" today wouldn't be assists at all during Oscar's time. Bob Cousy won an assist championship with 8 apg one year but the Celtics were scoring 116 ppg. Pretty obvious he would easily be a double digit assist guy in this era.

dawsey6
01-27-2021, 07:58 AM
Neither player will do it this season. There aren't enough games left, and CP3 isn't gonna score enough at the current rate and Lebron isn't gonna dime enough at the current rate.

At any rate, I don't think either of them cares about 20k/10k. When it comes to career totals, they're probably more concerned with beating each other in total assists (I got my money on Bron).

aj1987
01-28-2021, 03:11 AM

Again, he's the literal definition of loser, aka 4/10 (worst record).. 2011 (worst choke.. and 2014 (worst loss)

If you want to talk about FACTS, Ordan has ZERO winning seasons without Pippen. Let that sink in.

Dude was a cancer and a glorified volume chucker, who shot his teams out of wins.