PDA

View Full Version : Report: It’s ‘a matter of time’ until Drummond secures a buyout and joins the Nets

Kiddlovesnets
01-27-2021, 12:53 PM
It’s no secret that the Brooklyn Nets are eyeing Cleveland Cavaliers center Andre Drummond.

As a matter of fact, Drummond’s exit from Cleveland is reportedly imminent following the Nets’ acquisition of superstar James Harden.

Drummond, 27, is having one of the best campaigns of his career.

The two-time All-Star is collecting a career-high 18.7 points on top of 14.6 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 1.4 blocks and 1.4 steals per game this season. He has started in 16 games for the Cavs.

The Cavaliers were one of the teams that got involved in the Harden deal. They snagged rising star center Jarrett Allen from the Nets.

As a result of the mega trade, the Nets lack significant depth. They are especially depleted at the big man position. A player with Drummond’s size and experience could be extremely helpful later down the line.

However, the Cavs will try to maximize the center’s value. The Cavs are the No. 7 seed in the Eastern Conference.

Dont think its imminent but hopefully we can grab him in March when he gets bought out. No one will trade for him, and we can offer him much more money on the table with the MLE and DPE. He wont fix the issue with defense completely, but at least we can hope to not get destroyed by the average C/PFs in the league.

https://cavaliersnation.com/2021/01/27/its-matter-time-until-andre-drummond-secures-buyout-joins-brooklyn-nets/

Nike D'Antoni
01-27-2021, 12:58 PM
This is a crazy thread. They aren't buying out Drummond, and am sure their would-be suitors.
They would buy out Love or Mcgee before him.

Real Men Wear Green
01-27-2021, 01:23 PM
Why would the Cavs by him out while he's significantly contributing and they're in the playoff hunt? They should only do that if they want to tank.q

tpols
01-27-2021, 01:25 PM
Damn that would be so awesome. :rockon:

Manny98
01-27-2021, 01:30 PM
Scary Hours!

Kiddlovesnets
01-27-2021, 01:34 PM
Why would the Cavs by him out while he's significantly contributing and they're in the playoff hunt? They should only do that if they want to tank.q

Hes contributing a lot now yes, but eventually Allen will need more playtime and Drummond will not be able to put up with this. Also, the Cavs are going back to lottery soon anyway, they aint even better than the Knicks.

ArbitraryWater
01-27-2021, 01:48 PM
Yay, lets get them a fifth all-star!

RRR3
01-27-2021, 01:48 PM
Yay, lets get them a fifth all-star!
Fifth? They have 3 Allstars rn

Real Men Wear Green
01-27-2021, 01:49 PM
Hes contributing a lot now yes, but eventually Allen will need more playtime and Drummond will not be able to put up with this. Also, the Cavs are going back to lottery soon anyway, they aint even better than the Knicks.

Your post says he's averaging 18 and 14. So even if they decided they can't play him and Allen together and must play Allen alone he would have trade value. When is the last time a double-double big was allowed to walk for nothing?

Airupthere
01-27-2021, 01:49 PM
“I’ve always recruited,” James told ESPN’s Rachel Nichols in a sit-down interview that will air Christmas Day at halftime of the Lakers-Golden State Warriors game on ABC. “I’ve been trying to get guys to come play with me since, like, 2007. I’ve got rejected a lot. But I’ve also have not got rejected a lot.”

Somehow we like to forget about this as if Lebron did not start this whole thing.

ArbitraryWater
01-27-2021, 01:50 PM
Fifth? They have 3 Allstars rn

You dumbass, you know who I'm refering to.

When I say all-star I mean level, I dont care about them actually ending up an all star as by default some can't be.

If you haven't understod this yet after a million replies to me, I don't know what to say anymore.

Real Men Wear Green
01-27-2021, 01:51 PM
“I’ve always recruited,” James told ESPN’s Rachel Nichols in a sit-down interview that will air Christmas Day at halftime of the Lakers-Golden State Warriors game on ABC. “I’ve been trying to get guys to come play with me since, like, 2007. I’ve got rejected a lot. But I’ve also have not got rejected a lot.”

Somehow we like to forget about this as if Lebron did not start this whole thing.

We would like to go the whole topic without discussing James unfortunately your obsession won't allow it.

ThiccBoi
01-27-2021, 01:52 PM
You dumbass, you know who I'm refering to.

When I say all-star I mean level, I dont care about them actually ending up an all star as by default some can't be.

If you haven't understod this yet after a million replies to me, I don't know what to say anymore.

wait who is their fourth allstar level talent? dinwiddie? jharris?

Airupthere
01-27-2021, 01:52 PM
They honestly should recruit more until people learn to see how absurd this whole collusion thing has become.

Airupthere
01-27-2021, 01:53 PM
We would like to go the whole topic without discussing James unfortunately your obsession won't allow it.

You can't really disconnect the mastermind of loading teams up in these discussions.

Real Men Wear Green
01-27-2021, 02:01 PM
You can't really disconnect the mastermind of loading teams up in these discussions.

There is no need to disconnect when there's no connection. Unfortunately you decide to chime in where James isn't being mentioned by anyone. Because apparently he wasn't being discussed enough in this forum. Let's have the exact same argument in the 5000th different thread.

Xiao Yao You
01-27-2021, 02:02 PM
he has trade value. They aren't just buying him out

King Baron
01-27-2021, 02:07 PM
Why would they buyout Drummond's contract? He's playing great. Since when do you buyout a 27 year old averaging 18.7 ppg, 14.6 rebounds, and 1.6 blocks a game? The league needs to step in if this happens. If there was ever a case for basketball reasons, this is it.

MaxPlayer
01-27-2021, 02:07 PM
There is no need to disconnect when there's no connection. Unfortunately you decide to chime in where James isn't being mentioned by anyone. Because apparently he wasn't being discussed enough in this forum. Let's have the exact same argument in the 5000th different thread.

Haha... welcome to ISH

pandiani17
01-27-2021, 02:56 PM
I don't know if that would be such a good idea, the Nets will already have enough problems fitting their current pieces together.

ArbitraryWater
01-27-2021, 03:11 PM

Dinwiddie would be another, but Harris is obviously the all-star aka Klay 2.0

Xiao Yao You
01-27-2021, 03:12 PM
Dinwiddie would be another, but Harris is obviously the all-star aka Klay 2.0

in the east everyone is an all star I guess.

dankok8
01-27-2021, 03:13 PM
Drummond is low key one of the best rebounders ever.

This would be pretty great for them... It instantly solves their rebounding issues and helps a lot on defense. Plus Andre is a load in the post, pretty much an old school big the likes of which there aren't many in the NBA.

ArbitraryWater
01-27-2021, 03:13 PM
in the east everyone is an all star I guess.

Harris won't be an all-star east either because he's the 4th option on the team.

I don't think you understand the point.

ArbitraryWater
01-27-2021, 03:14 PM
Drummond is low key one of the best rebounders ever.

This would be pretty great for them... It instantly solves their rebounding issues and helps a lot of defense. Plus Andre is a load in the post, pretty much an old school big the likes of which there aren't many in the NBA.

Why are you speaking about this like it has any basis in reality

Xiao Yao You
01-27-2021, 03:18 PM
Harris won't be an all-star east either because he's the 4th option on the team.

I don't think you understand the point.

He won't be an all star because he's not good enough

RRR3
01-27-2021, 03:30 PM
I sure hope this happens just to see Arby whine some more. Plus if Bron beats them...whew

ArbitraryWater
01-27-2021, 04:17 PM
He won't be an all star because he's not good enough

He would be an all-star in many years historically though, so the "all star" label is meaningless.

You could argue Harris is more valuable to this team than Kyrie

Xiao Yao You
01-27-2021, 04:22 PM
He would be an all-star in many years historically though, so the "all star" label is meaningless.

You could argue Harris is more valuable to this team than Kyrie

He's probably more valuable than Kyrie. Not an all star

ArbitraryWater
01-27-2021, 04:27 PM
He's probably more valuable than Kyrie. Not an all star

ok

Axe
01-27-2021, 05:38 PM
Dinwiddie seems unlikely to play for the rest of the season anymore