PDA

View Full Version : DRose was ALWAYS better than Westbrook, and still is

PeroAntic
01-29-2021, 12:12 PM
Rose adapted and changed his game. Meanwhile, Westbrook is exposed. irony is he still thinks hes god's gift to basketball. there is confidence and there is delusion.

Real Men Wear Green
01-29-2021, 12:15 PM
Westbrook was winning MVP and averaging triple double in seasons where most people didn't know Rose was still in the league. Continue.

sdot_thadon
01-29-2021, 12:22 PM
Yeah, I'd say Rose's fragility in general would keep me from ever saying he's better than Russ. In their early years it was a true neck and neck discussion tho.

RRR3
01-29-2021, 12:26 PM
Westbrook was winning MVP and averaging triple double in seasons where most people didn't know Rose was still in the league. Continue.
:roll:

Kiddlovesnets
01-29-2021, 12:41 PM

Westbrook is better than D Rose yes, but Westbrook absolutely didnt deserve that MVP, his team won 47 games. And all his triple doubles were consequences of statspadding, he didnt play defense on the man he was guarding, just so he could run to the board to steal his teammates' rebounds. The letter V in MVP means 'Valuable', what is the value of Westbrook to his team? He doesnt even have a trade value.

Real Men Wear Green
01-29-2021, 12:54 PM
Westbrook is better than D Rose yes, but Westbrook absolutely didnt deserve that MVP, his team won 47 games. And all his triple doubles were consequences of statspadding, he didnt play defense on the man he was guarding, just so he could run to the board to steal his teammates' rebounds. The letter V in MVP means 'Valuable', what is the value of Westbrook to his team? He doesnt even have a trade value.

The Thunder traded Westbrook for Chris Paul, two firsts, and the right to swap firsts in two other years. That's more than the package the Celtics got for Pierce and Garnett which lead to the Celtics drafting Jayson Tatum and Jayson Brown.

1987_Lakers
01-29-2021, 12:55 PM

Just like Rose didn't deserve MVP in 2011. Just look at how good the Bulls were in 2012 without him.

RRR3
01-29-2021, 01:07 PM
Westbrook was like 10x as good as Rose every year from 13-18 lol. 16 and 17 WB is a level Rose never reached.

tpols
01-29-2021, 01:08 PM
The Thunder traded Westbrook for Chris Paul, two firsts, and the right to swap firsts in two other years. That's more than the package the Celtics got for Pierce and Garnett which lead to the Celtics drafting Jayson Tatum and Jayson Brown.

Yea and that trade blew the Rockets up. Probably not a good example.

Kiddlovesnets
01-29-2021, 01:14 PM

Yeah and thats a terrible trade from the Rockets that led to the end of an era, poor example. Just because one retarded son of a millionaire wants to pay $100k for my dog's poop, doesnt mean my dog's shit is a valuable asset.

Real Men Wear Green
01-29-2021, 01:23 PM
Yeah and thats a terrible trade from the Rockets that led to the end of an era, poor example. Just because one retarded son of a millionaire wants to pay $100k for my dog's poop, doesnt mean my dog's shit is a valuable asset.

You said he had no trade value. I pointed out what he was actually traded for. You then complain that the real example is somehow a bad example. You are arguing with reality.

RRR3
01-29-2021, 01:33 PM
You said he had no trade value. I pointed out what he was actually traded for. You then complain that the real example is somehow a bad example. You are arguing with reality.
Retardlovesnets strikes again!

ralph_i_el
01-29-2021, 01:43 PM

He single handedly devalued the concept of a triple double, and stole Rose's crown as the least-deserving MVP all time.

Westbrook has never been able to consistently run a good halfcourt offense. There are zero seasons where I would want him on my team over Chris Paul. There are so many other decent PGs who would have had better results alongside KD.

PeroAntic
01-29-2021, 01:47 PM

Rose won his MVP long before statpadding became a thing for Westbrook to exploit. now at the twilight of their careers, Rose is still a better player. Continue.

ralph_i_el
01-29-2021, 01:48 PM
Rose won his MVP long before statpadding became a thing for Westbrook to exploit. now at the twilight of their careers, Rose is still a better player. Continue.

Sure. I just think that LeBron, Durant, and Howard were all more valuable in 2011. Not really a knock on Rose, who I love.

Hey Yo
01-29-2021, 01:53 PM
You just described Magic's game to a T, yet you think he's top 4 all-time.

tpols
01-29-2021, 02:05 PM
Sure. I just think that LeBron, Durant, and Howard were all more valuable in 2011. Not really a knock on Rose, who I love.

Curry, Durant, Lebron, Harden, Kawhi, AD, Paul, and many others were better than Westbrook when he won though too.

They're both overrated tbh.

ralph_i_el
01-29-2021, 02:07 PM
You just described Magic's game to a T, yet you think he's top 4 all-time.

Magic could actually shoot and run a half-court offense. Also, he was 6'9", so it was easier to fit other skilled players around him.

Real Men Wear Green
01-29-2021, 02:49 PM
He single handedly devalued the concept of a triple double, and stole Rose's crown as the least-deserving MVP all time.

Westbrook has never been able to consistently run a good halfcourt offense. There are zero seasons where I would want him on my team over Chris Paul. There are so many other decent PGs who would have had better results alongside KD.

He's not my ideal point guard either but his career had been undeniably great. At his best he could get most teams to the playoffs but he isn't the guy you think of to score efficiently in a complimentary role. Or isn't all good but he's not all bad.

I definitely disagree about theVP being undeserved. He was the teams offense and also a major part of the rebounding. There are players I would rather have but just looking at his workload there are few players that could carry his load. James Doncic Harden and then who? That ability to contribute matters

ralph_i_el
01-29-2021, 03:29 PM
He's not my ideal point guard either but his career had been undeniably great. At his best he could get most teams to the playoffs but he isn't the guy you think of to score efficiently in a complimentary role. Or isn't all good but he's not all bad.

I definitely disagree about theVP being undeserved. He was the teams offense and also a major part of the rebounding. There are players I would rather have but just looking at his workload there are few players that could carry his load. James Doncic Harden and then who? That ability to contribute matters

The season he won MVP, the narrative was that he had no help and had to do it.

What we've seen since then is Oladipo and Sabonis become all-NBA level guys. Sabonis was only 20, but they played him a lot and made him a "sit in the corner" spot up shooter (so he shot under 40%). As soon as Russ left, Adams saw a 50% increase in defensive rebounding.

Westbrook doesn't bring the best out of your talent, and he's not good enough to make up for it. He could make a team a first round playoff exit, no matter how much or little talent was around him.
I don't think he could have done much better as the best player on his team, and he would hold back anyone better than him.

I always go back to the 2011 and 2012 playoffs. The only time OKC looked bad was when the other team could prevent KD from getting the ball. This was teams directly exploiting Russ' bad point guard instincts. The one game they took off Dallas in 2011 had Russ getting benched for Eric Maynor. If you have KD on your team, the number one priority is getting him the ball without turning it over. Russ failed at that often.

Idk what else to say about a player who routinely takes pull-up 2's with 18 seconds on the shot clock...and isn't even a good shooter.

pandiani17
01-29-2021, 03:34 PM

This. D-Rose was better 2008-2011, from then on Westbrook has been better every season. And I like D-Rose a lot, I was a big fan of his in his early years, crazy hops, but saying he has ALWAYS been better is just stupid. Was he better in the 2012-2013 when he was injured?

imdaman99
01-29-2021, 04:16 PM
:lol OP's made the same thread 100 times already. Guess what dummy, Westbrook's played almost 1000 games (reg and playoffs) and Rose is at 650. They came into the league at the same time :roll:

So I'd like to hope he could age better than someone that has played 50% more games than him. Hurr durr he reinvented himself. He's still stuck on irrelevant teams playing 25 mins a game. Yeah, they play him those taxing minutes because we know he'll get hurt if he plays more than that.

ArbitraryWater
01-29-2021, 04:22 PM
Curry, Durant, Lebron, Harden, Kawhi, AD, Paul, and many others were better than Westbrook when he won though too.

They're both overrated tbh.

You weren't saying this in 2017, though

RRR3
01-29-2021, 04:23 PM
You weren't saying this in 2017, though
Caught his ass

PeroAntic
01-29-2021, 04:41 PM
:lol OP's made the same thread 100 times already. Guess what dummy, Westbrook's played almost 1000 games (reg and playoffs) and Rose is at 650. They came into the league at the same time :roll:

So I'd like to hope he could age better than someone that has played 50% more games than him. Hurr durr he reinvented himself. He's still stuck on irrelevant teams playing 25 mins a game. Yeah, they play him those taxing minutes because we know he'll get hurt if he plays more than that.
So youre saying that if a player has more games than another player in the same amount of time hes better? And not only that, but that Rose has the advantage in terms of aging because he played less games? Are you serious? Rose had career threatening injuries. He didn't reinvent himself because he wanted to, but because he had to. It is obvious now that Westbrook had to as well, but hes too much of a retard to do that.

coin24
01-29-2021, 05:09 PM
Who would you rather have right now on your team?
I’d take Rose..

Chuckbrook has always been a bonehead

PeroAntic
01-29-2021, 05:24 PM
Who would you rather have right now on your team?
I’d take Rose..

Chuckbrook has always been a bonehead

This

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
01-29-2021, 06:14 PM
Peak Rose was much better and he's been better the past.couple seasons too

Rose can at least win you playoff series as your team's best player. Chuckbricks career post KD is tragic

Gohan
01-29-2021, 06:27 PM

Could you really give it to lebron that year? When you know for sure he stacked the deck?

SouBeachTalents
01-29-2021, 06:32 PM
They're definitely two of the weakest players to win MVP, but imo I think they were the most deserving players the years that they won. Who would you say was clearly more deserving than them those seasons? Dwight in 2011? Harden in 2017?

ralph_i_el
01-29-2021, 10:33 PM
Could you really give it to lebron that year? When you know for sure he stacked the deck?

:confusedshrug: He was just better

ralph_i_el
01-29-2021, 10:34 PM
Russ probably read this thread tonight. Shot a few early-clock midrange pullups and then got himself ejected. Collect those checks bud! Jumpshot looking like me shooting in the street.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
01-29-2021, 10:46 PM
Facts. Higher playing level when both were healthy stars. Higher peak level. Higher playing level early career. Higher playing level in their post prime years now. Rose got robbed of AS last year and hes multiple tiers better now.

imdaman99
01-29-2021, 10:46 PM
Russ was the Wiz's best player tonight :wtf: yeah he got himself ejected, I dunno what happened I switched to the Knicks game at halftime once the Wiz gave up a wide open corner at the end of the half. I know he got a double tech with Rondo, they got beef :lol

imdaman99
01-29-2021, 10:53 PM
So youre saying that if a player has more games than another player in the same amount of time hes better? And not only that, but that Rose has the advantage in terms of aging because he played less games? Are you serious? Rose had career threatening injuries. He didn't reinvent himself because he wanted to, but because he had to. It is obvious now that Westbrook had to as well, but hes too much of a retard to do that.

So you're telling me Westbrook did not adjust any of his game last year? Shut up already you don't watch any games. All I know is Rose came to the Knicks and went missing in the middle of the season and didn't even let anyone know. That's as bad a teammate as one can be, so I saw 1st hand how bad he is at that. I wanted no part of him after that, even though he had decent individual numbers. He just had no interest in helping the team, he was chasing his own numbers so don't gimme that bullshit about Russ padding his stats. I watched 1st hand what Rose did.

Russ still has the higher ceiling. He literally averaged 30 points in the 2nd half of the season last year... and he got hurt before the bubble. That screwed him up and he's still rusty from it. The last 2 games he's looked better. So he might be on the up :confusedshrug: if the Wiz are not gonna make the playoffs, might as well win the lottery :confusedshrug:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
01-29-2021, 10:59 PM
Wiz last year with the same roster except Deni whos one of the best rookies this season

9th seed

Wiz this year with Russ

15th seed and arguably the worst team in the entire league only competition is a shitty Wolves team missing KAT basically for the whole season :oldlol:

poor babyboi Russ career been TRAGIC once Durthickemz left:(

imdaman99
01-29-2021, 11:04 PM
Westbrooks already beaten lilD :lol

His only win :banana: imagine being the only team to lose to him :roll:

PeroAntic
01-29-2021, 11:10 PM
So you're telling me Westbrook did not adjust any of his game last year? Shut up already you don't watch any games. All I know is Rose came to the Knicks and went missing in the middle of the season and didn't even let anyone know. That's as bad a teammate as one can be, so I saw 1st hand how bad he is at that. I wanted no part of him after that, even though he had decent individual numbers. He just had no interest in helping the team, he was chasing his own numbers so don't gimme that bullshit about Russ padding his stats. I watched 1st hand what Rose did.

Youre so full of shit. Westbrook played the same way last year, just didn't pound the ball as much because of Harden. The same old headless chicken drives and low iq chucking.

And when are you gonna stfu about Rose missing one single game four years ago??? About a million bigger incidents happened with high profile players since then and nobody cares. it happens, big deal. it was ONE freaking game.

btw I watched almost every Knicks game in 16/17, and Rose was used as a bailout weapon all season. No system whatsoever was set to utilize his strenghts, he improvised to create his own shot all season long. If anything ts a testament to his ability that he was able to have those numbers AND be as efficient under those circumstances. Now compare that to Westbrook who has been accomodated to perfection and given free reign.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
01-29-2021, 11:18 PM
Youre so full of shit. Westbrook played the same way last year, just didn't pound the ball as much because of Harden. The same old headless chicken drives and low iq chucking.

And when are you gonna stfu about Rose missing one single game four years ago??? About a million bigger incidents happened with high profile players since then and nobody cares. it happens, big deal. it was ONE freaking game.

btw I watched almost every Knicks game in 16/17, and Rose was used as a bailout weapon all season. No system whatsoever was set to utilize his strenghts, he improvised to create his own shot all season long. If anything ts a testament to his ability that he was able to have those numbers AND be as efficient under those circumstances. Now compare that to Westbrook who has been accomodated to perfection and given free reign.

Houston had to deal a fringe AS caliber big in Clint Capela b/c Shitbrick cant play with bigs now

babyboi needed the floor spread out to unprecendeted degree with no big which hasnt been done since like the 50s just so he can dribble the ball and drive to the cup :oldlol:

imdaman99
01-29-2021, 11:19 PM
Now compare that to Westbrook who has been accomodated to perfection and given free reign.

So you're telling me having 2-3 non shooters in the lineup in OKC was accomadating him? :wtf: Durant was literally the only shooter with him. And then it was PG. Last year was the 1st time he had lots of shooters around him.... and he had his most efficient season. He had to go to another team for him to finally have shooting around him. Westbrook played well no matter how much you wanna call him a headless chicken (lol low level insult btw)

No shit I keep bringing up that 1 game by Rose. I'm a NYer, I'm a Knicks fan and I got to witness it dude. It was trashy and that is as bad a thing your supposed leader can do. I don't give a shit about him missing home. Nut up bruh.

imdaman99
01-29-2021, 11:21 PM
Houston had to deal a fringe AS caliber big in Clint Capela b/c Shitbrick cant play with bigs now

babyboi needed the floor spread out to unprecendeted degree with no big which hasnt been done since like the 50s just so he can dribble the ball and drive to the cup :oldlol:

Wasn't Capela injured last year? Yeah, he would have came in so handy being injured :roll: oh btw he played with Adams for 10 years. Got him paid and stole his rebounds :pimp:

PeroAntic
01-29-2021, 11:35 PM
No shit I keep bringing up that 1 game by Rose. I'm a NYer, I'm a Knicks fan and I got to witness it dude. It was trashy and that is as bad a thing your supposed leader can do. I don't give a shit about him missing home. Nut up bruh.

If he was the leader, why was he reduced to a random scoring punch playing outside of the system? If you are really NYer, you would know that Rose did his damage DESPITE the fact he was marginalized by Hornacek. Imagine if Melo and Porzingis took a back seat and allowed Rose to run the pnr like he did in Chicago, and then in Detroit - and like Westbrook did at OKC.

LoneyROY7
01-29-2021, 11:53 PM
Imagine talking shit when Rose is a role player on the 2nd worst team in the East.

Yes, I'm aware that Russ is on the one team worse...but still. :lol

pandiani17
01-30-2021, 06:03 AM
:confusedshrug: He was just better

IIRC, LeBron didn't have a very good season in 2011, he was still trying to fit in the Heat's system. Rose 2011 MVP was very well-deserved, despite posters here continuosly say otherwise.

Axe
01-30-2021, 06:49 AM
Just like Rose didn't deserve MVP in 2011. Just look at how good the Bulls were in 2012 without him.
Because he never led the bulls to 50 or more wins during those days.

Axe
01-30-2021, 06:51 AM
Tbh d-rose is probably wishing that he had westbrook's longevity

TAZORAC
01-31-2021, 06:47 PM
Rose adapted and changed his game. Meanwhile, Westbrook is exposed. irony is he still thinks hes god's gift to basketball. there is confidence and there is delusion.

Rose was better then Westbrook before the injuries...Rose was better EARLIER, later on Westbrook become slightly less of the player pre-injury Rose was

PeroAntic
02-12-2021, 10:07 PM
Todays matchup shows why Westbrook gets better stats but Rose is still the better player.

imdaman99
02-12-2021, 10:20 PM
False. Rose was padding his stats up 20. CoNgRaTs YoU bRoKe DaViS bErTaNs' AnKlEs

OP is so thirsty for attention.

PeroAntic
02-12-2021, 10:30 PM
:oldlol:

Rose made the lead up to 20 you buffoon. Not to mention hes twice the defender Chuckbrook is now.

Rose +18
Westbrook -21

gtfo

imdaman99
02-12-2021, 10:41 PM
You moron, you're not gonna fool someone that watched the game by reading stats. LMAO at Rose got them that lead. You are definitely more delusional than I am. At least i know Westbrook is washed now.

Anyways I'm done with you. I do hope Rose does well, he's a Knick. Get over your jealousy for Westbrook

Axe
02-13-2021, 03:12 AM
It's sad how op is consistent in making d-rose look like as if he's on par with the likes of bran, kawhi, kd, etc.

csh19792001
02-13-2021, 05:06 AM

Westbook destroys Rose in (by a factor of almost 3x in):
OWS
DWS
WS
WS/48
BPM
VORP

And has a much, much higher PER.

Also buries him in playoffs numbers. Same metrics.

What am I missing?

PeroAntic
02-13-2021, 08:13 AM
Westbook destroys Rose in (by a factor of almost 3x in):
OWS
DWS
WS
WS/48
BPM
VORP

And has a much, much higher PER.

Also buries him in playoffs numbers. Same metrics.

What am I missing?

When you play 2x and have the ball 4x time, that is bound to happen. Thats why stats in a vacuum are meaningless. Whoever watched the game last night understands exactly what I'm talking about. Rose is simply a better, smarter, more useful basketball player than Westbrook currently.

PeroAntic
10-31-2022, 12:31 PM
Reminder - always was, still is, and always will be.

(for anyone wondering why Im bumping old DRose topics is because its the anniversary of my boys 50 point game against Toody and the Jazz so its a special day for us Derrick stans lol)

RRR3
10-31-2022, 12:37 PM
“Always” implies Rose was better from 13-18 which is frankly something only a troll or lunatic would say.

PeroAntic
10-31-2022, 12:39 PM
“Always” implies Rose was better from 13-18 which is frankly something only a troll or lunatic would say.

When he wasn't injured he was better. Westbrook's being better was a mirage due to his statpadding.

RRR3
10-31-2022, 12:40 PM
When he wasn't injured he was better. Westbrook's being better was a mirage due to his statpadding.
Deranged comment.

PeroAntic
10-31-2022, 12:45 PM
Deranged comment.

No, whats deranged is the argument that Rose was better, then he became worse, then he became better again. NO, he was better all along, there was just noise that distracted people (injuries for Rose, padded stats for Westbrook)

WhiteKyrie
10-31-2022, 01:20 PM
Obviously to anyone who understands nuance and IQ and skill.

RRR3
10-31-2022, 01:26 PM
No, whats deranged is the argument that Rose was better, then he became worse, then he became better again. NO, he was better all along, there was just noise that distracted people (injuries for Rose, padded stats for Westbrook)
Are you seriously too simple to understand that Westbrook became better due to a combination of improvement and Rose’s injury related decline and then Westbrook eventually declined enough years later that Rose was better again? Rose was also a legitimately bad player from 13-18, kudos to him for improving since but pretending he wasn’t horrible in that time period is revisionist history.

Pointguard
10-31-2022, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I'd say Rose's fragility in general would keep me from ever saying he's better than Russ. In their early years it was a true neck and neck discussion tho.

Yeah if you don't count what's between the ears.