PDA

View Full Version : 4 years 674 million dollars for a 33 year old Messi.

Kblaze8855
01-31-2021, 01:19 PM
Assuming he hits all incentives of course...which he won’t....but that’s the max value of his new deal. Mahomes deal sounds similar(500 million) till you realize it’s for 12 years.

Thats uncapped sports for you. As overpaid as society thinks nba players are I’m sure the true market value is quite a bit higher for some. With Lebron, Steph, harden, and kd aging I’m not sure there could be a contract anything like that anyway....but if Luka were truly unrestricted and Dolan had no salary cap? He might be a 500 million dollar man.

Im not trying to make any kinda real point here. The Messi contract just got my attention when I stumbled over it. 674 million feels like it better be a 10-15 year deal. 4 gotdamn years?

You might catch me in some dolphin skin slippers doing the money dance with Rick Ross looking like the “opulence” Russian:

https://youtu.be/rkB9OT2XVvA

FultzNationRISE
01-31-2021, 01:26 PM
Not sure what player unions look like in european football, but ofc in American sports the salary cap is a negotiated tradeoff with player unions, that ensures more guaranteed contracts, higher league minimum salaries etc.

Basically Lebron's value is held down so that the Eddy Curry's and Robert Swift's value can be held up.

But hey that's economics for ya.

Ghost1
01-31-2021, 01:37 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/5yCML9b7/rth4whger.png

4 years - $908 million

+ endorsement earnings

dirkdiggler41
01-31-2021, 01:42 PM
It's not a new contract, but his old contract that expires this summer. Barcelona can't afford his contract and they are struggling financially. His contract is extreme compared to other guys who are top 5-50 rated.

Nike D'Antoni
01-31-2021, 01:48 PM
Messi is a pathetic loser, with zero world cups under his belt. And ZERO goals in the knockout stages of the world cup.

He had tremendous help to win at club level during his career, Xavi Iniesta Suarez Puyol Ronaldinho (guys who won without Messi world cups, Copa Americas etc ) but Messi cannot win without them.

Real Men Wear Green
01-31-2021, 01:48 PM
It's not a new contract, but his old contract that expires this summer. Barcelona can't afford his contract and they are struggling financially. His contract is extreme compared to other guys who are top 5-50 rated.

If there was no cap we would see some teams become insolvent or an insane rich owner like Balmer lose money because he just wants to win and doesn't care about profits

Ghost1
01-31-2021, 01:56 PM

true

hold this L
01-31-2021, 02:36 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/5yCML9b7/rth4whger.png

4 years - $908 million

+ endorsement earnings
With everything included, it's absolutely absurd

k0kakw0rld
01-31-2021, 02:47 PM
Messi is a pathetic loser, with zero world cups under his belt. And ZERO goals in the knockout stages of the world cup.

He had tremendous help to win at club level during his career, Xavi Iniesta Suarez Puyol Ronaldinho (guys who won without Messi world cups, Copa Americas etc ) but Messi cannot win without them.
You are an idiot. :facepalm

Messi basically got raised by Barcelona. He played for "La Masia" alongside Xavi & Iniesta. They have been playing next to each other since they are kids.

Suarez left Liverpool to come to join Messi, in order to win. So your argument is false.

Argentina got no structure. They play with like 4-5 strikers. And they all are supposed to be professionals but they are always looking at Messi to unlock games for them. Teams know how to stop Argentina because they rely too much on one player.

Ronaldinho great 3 years of prime. However, 2002 he played next to Ronaldo, Kaka, Juninho, Rivaldo, Roberto Carlos, Dida, Cafu talk about stacked.

At least he reached the world cup final in 2014. What do you have to say about that? :confusedshrug:

I am not even a fan of Messi but stop saying nonsense.

k0kakw0rld
01-31-2021, 02:50 PM

You realize Cristiano Ronaldo also got 0 world cup right?
Portugal did win the Euro Cup (International trophy) but he was on the bench watching Eder score against France, in the final.

Also Ronaldo De Lima Phenomenon got 0 champions league but 2 world cups.

The man played next to: Zidane, Figo, Beckham, Guti, Raul, Roberto Carlos, Makelele and couldn't win

Nowitness
01-31-2021, 02:56 PM
Portugal did win the Euro Cup (International trophy) but he was on the bench watching Eder score against France, in the final.

The man played next to: Zidane, Figo, Beckham, Guti, Raul, Roberto Carlos, Makelele and couldn't win

Messi has proved nothing outside of Spain.

Ronaldo has proven himself in England, Spain, Italy and internationally.

Ronaldo is much more of a threat from more positions.

If you had one chance to score from a long range shot, a penalty, a free kick, a corner, a cross or a dribble how many you taking Messi or Ronaldo?

Messi plays in a unique system and unique league suited for his style, he is the second best player ever and if he ever proved it outside of Barcelona he’d be number one.

Messi is MJ, MJ never won without Pippen or Jackson, Ronaldo is LeBron, wherever he goes his teams automatically becomes the biggest contender.

Euros are easily the second toughest international tournament, and Ronaldo has balled out on every tournament. Dude lead his team to the finals in 2004 like.

ArbitraryWater
01-31-2021, 02:57 PM

Ronaldo Lima has 1 WC but just stop talking football bro

k0kakw0rld
01-31-2021, 03:07 PM
Ronaldo Lima has 1 WC but just stop talking football bro

Oh so you know better than someone who actually played and almost went professional.

1994 He was with that brazil squad who won against Italy. Roberto Baggio missed that penalty.

1998 he lost against Zidane and France

2002 Brazil won so that's 2.

bitch ass nikka

tpols
01-31-2021, 03:13 PM
With everything included, it's absolutely absurd

But all it means is his bosses are making much more. Whoever owns these teams is so rich, he can just fork out 1 billy to one of his employees.

k0kakw0rld
01-31-2021, 03:15 PM

If you had one chance to score from a long range shot, a penalty, a free kick, a corner, a cross or a dribble how many you taking Messi or Ronaldo?

Messi plays in a unique system and unique league suited for his style, he is the second best player ever and if he ever proved it outside of Barcelona he’d be number one.

Messi is MJ, MJ never won without Pippen or Jackson, Ronaldo is LeBron, wherever he goes his teams automatically becomes the biggest contender.

Euros are easily the second toughest international tournament, and Ronaldo has balled out on every tournament. Dude lead his team to the finals in 2004 like.
Ronaldo went from Lisbon scoring only 5 goals. And went to a giant club in United. they had players like (Van Nistlerooy, Tevez, Rio Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Nani, Giggs, Gerard Pique) they were so stacked. I don't call that lifting at all.

Then he left to join Real Madrid, another European giant, in order to play next to players like Benzema, Raul, Kaka, Ozil, Higuain, Ramos, Marcelo etc...

He, then left Madrid to join another European Giant. Dybala, Douglas Costa, Khedira, Chiellini, Bonucci, Pjanic, Buffon

Stop acting like he is joining scrubs everytime. He knows what he is doing bro.

Internationally he only has one Euro Cup and he was on the bench in the final vs France.

tpols
01-31-2021, 03:18 PM

I don't watch a ton of soccer but if Messi is MJ and Ronaldo is Lebron... than Ronaldo is overrated. Of what I've seen from Messi he seems like a Steve Nash type. Brilliant on offense with the moves and quickness, but he doesn't have MJ's all around game or clutch pedigree at all. Plus MJ wasn't a little guy. He was known as the strongest guard in the league.

ArbitraryWater
01-31-2021, 03:23 PM
I don't watch a ton of soccer but if Messi is MJ and Ronaldo is Lebron... than Ronaldo is overrated. Of what I've seen from Messi he seems like a Steve Nash type. Brilliant on offense with the moves and quickness, but he doesn't have MJ's all around game or clutch pedigree at all. Plus MJ wasn't a little guy. He was known as the strongest guard in the league.

how tpols solves complex sporting debates

ArbitraryWater
01-31-2021, 03:24 PM
Oh so you know better than someone who actually played and almost went professional.

1994 He was with that brazil squad who won against Italy. Roberto Baggio missed that penalty.

1998 he lost against Zidane and France

2002 Brazil won so that's 2.

bitch ass nikka

dumbass he didnt play in 94

if youd ask him hed say he has 1 wc

Nowitness
01-31-2021, 03:25 PM

The point wasn’t really playing style, it was more LBJs GOAT case is that he doesn’t have a certain thing needed to win, 3 different teams, 3 different coaches, 3 different GMs, 3 different second stars, 3 different okay styles (both him and his teams). That is Ronaldo, he played in England at the peak of physicality and embarrassed those boys, he played in Spain during the explosion of Spanish talent, he went to Serie A and has made it again the number 1 league in Europe, and amongst all that made Portugal a constant contender (Messi has as well but Argentina have always had great players).

MJ is the GOAT, because even tho he had what worked he won so overwhelmingly, that is Messi. Difference is Ronaldo has no holes like LeBron.

In terms of play style Messi is like Nash, just more aggressive scoring no doubt, Ronaldo however has more to offer offensively, he just isn’t as good at one thing like Messi is dribbling.

k0kakw0rld
01-31-2021, 03:30 PM
dumbass he didnt play in 94

if youd ask him hed say he has 1 wc
He was part of the team at 17 years old. It is well documented.

Players get rings in the NBA without playing a single game with a team right? That had never happened.

Ok then shut the fk up moron

Axe
01-31-2021, 06:07 PM
@dankok8

Sportal
01-31-2021, 10:22 PM

Slow down there champ. That Spanish national team that dominated was absolutely stacked from top to bottom. The Brazilian team that Ronaldinho was on in 2002 etc, was STACKED. Although Messi's Argentina looked good on paper, that was only in the midfield and up front, defense wins games chief. Messi is hands down one of the greatest players of all time. There might not be another player as good as Messi for another 20 years...

Nike D'Antoni
01-31-2021, 10:27 PM
Messi is not MJ

His record internationally in the finals is 0 wins 4 losses. MJ never loses a final.
He lost a freaking final TO CHILE Twice.

Messi played all his years in Barcelona, a team equivalent to Golden Stat warriors (Durant, Curry , Klay ) with Lebron added to it. Whenver he went with Argentina to prove himself, always choke.

Nike D'Antoni
01-31-2021, 10:39 PM
Slow down there champ. That Spanish national team that dominated was absolutely stacked from top to bottom. The Brazilian team that Ronaldinho was on in 2002 etc, was STACKED. Although Messi's Argentina looked good on paper, that was only in the midfield and up front, defense wins games chief. Messi is hands down one of the greatest players of all time. There might not be another player as good as Messi for another 20 years...

And that Spanish team that dominated, and was absolutely stacked from top to bottom was basically the Barcelona team minus Messi. They won without Messi!!!

Thats like Lebron on the Warriors with Durant, Klay, Curry..

k0kakw0rld
01-31-2021, 10:41 PM
And that Spanish team that dominated, and was absolutely stacked from top to bottom was basically the Barcelona team minus Messi. They won without Messi!!!

Thats like Lebron on the Warriors with Durant, Klay, Curry..

Torres, Villa > Messi

dankok8
02-01-2021, 02:37 AM
So much ignorance on this thread... some of you guys should really stick to talking about basketball!

bullettooth
02-01-2021, 02:56 AM

Basically the LeBron of soccer. LOL

hold this L
02-01-2021, 03:27 AM
But all it means is his bosses are making much more. Whoever owns these teams is so rich, he can just fork out 1 billy to one of his employees.
The bosses are idiots and have put the club on an insane level of debt and massive downward spiral financially. They had to sell many players who were good but also overpaid last summer because the club wasn't capable of functioning properly once corona hit (even before money wise it was in the wrong path). They sold a 33 year old striker to shave off his massive wages to one of the competitors this season in their league that's dominating and kicking both Madrid and Barca's ass.

Teams like Barcelona also work a bit differently than American or some other top European teams like PSG, Man Shitty or Chelsea, ie. not owned by one billionaire owner. They're owned by the 'fans', which is a very large sum of people. So even though the ex-president that had to quit recently probably made a ton, they would never be able to rake in as much money as Gilbert or Lacob for example. Or teams like Chelsea or PSG.

Sportal
02-01-2021, 06:35 AM
Torres, Villa > Messi

???????????????????????????????????????? WHAT LOL.

Oi go ahead and compare just a basic thing like goal tally per year for the last 10 years of their primes. Lmfao. That is legit like saying "Drogba > C.Ronaldo". Pass whatever you are smoking.

Even IF they had the exact same teams, there is absolutely ZERO chance that they repeat even close to what Messi has done.

light
02-01-2021, 06:42 AM
I don't have anything to add to this other than LeBron's contract with Nike is valued at over $1 billion, but that's over his lifetime.

Messi's is only over 4 years!?? :lebronamazed:

Hey, I guess that's what you can do when your sport has 3.5 billion fans (basketball is around 400 million).

Nash
02-01-2021, 06:53 AM
Assuming he hits all incentives of course...which he won’t....but that’s the max value of his new deal. Mahomes deal sounds similar(500 million) till you realize it’s for 12 years.

Thats uncapped sports for you. As overpaid as society thinks nba players are I’m sure the true market value is quite a bit higher for some. With Lebron, Steph, harden, and kd aging I’m not sure there could be a contract anything like that anyway....but if Luka were truly unrestricted and Dolan had no salary cap? He might be a 500 million dollar man.

Im not trying to make any kinda real point here. The Messi contract just got my attention when I stumbled over it. 674 million feels like it better be a 10-15 year deal. 4 gotdamn years?

You might catch me in some dolphin skin slippers doing the money dance with Rick Ross looking like the “opulence” Russian:

https://youtu.be/rkB9OT2XVvA

This contract is so dumb, not sure what the hell Barca was thinking there. I think a better comparison would be to look at Cristiano Ronaldo who's making about 65m a year from Juventus.

k0kakw0rld
02-01-2021, 08:24 AM
???????????????????????????????????????? WHAT LOL.

Oi go ahead and compare just a basic thing like goal tally per year for the last 10 years of their primes. Lmfao. That is legit like saying "Drogba > C.Ronaldo". Pass whatever you are smoking.

Even IF they had the exact same teams, there is absolutely ZERO chance that they repeat even close to what Messi has done.

I am obviously not serious. Calm down, I know my football.

The thing is Messi has no real position. He is a Freebird out there and he wants to play everywhere on the pitch. Which can be a problem when it comes to team structure. It works with Barcelona because players are willing to sacrifice to play in the Messi system. It's a totally different story with Argentina. The quality of players isn't comparable.

k0kakw0rld
02-01-2021, 08:26 AM
I don't have anything to add to this other than LeBron's contract with Nike is valued at over $1 billion, but that's over his lifetime.

Messi's is only over 4 years!?? :lebronamazed:

Hey, I guess that's what you can do when your sport has 3.5 billion fans (basketball is around 400 million).

Number one sport in the world :oldlol:

Most popular athlete = Cristiano Ronaldo
Second Most = Neymar
Third most = Messi
------------------------------------
Fourth most = LeBron

It's not even close sheesh!

Lebowski
02-01-2021, 10:10 AM
Messi is a malignant ****. Having said that, one of the best ever and it's not his fault the Argentina team is a shitshow.

Nike D'Antoni
02-01-2021, 12:22 PM
World Cup 2010- no goals after first round, elimination by Germany. No consolation goal scored or anything.

World Cup 2014- no goals scored after first round. A single assist against Switzerland. No goals against Belgium, Netherlands, or Germany in the final.

World Cup 2018- The same. An assist against France. Goal? No. No goals.

On the highest stage of all, the guy has been a consistent choker. 0 - 4 record in finals.
He cannot win Copa America FFS, a biannual tournament that includes a very limited pool of teams that has to be supplemented with teams of other continents.
Thats like Lebron or Durant failing to win a pacific or central division title in NBA. Maybe Messi has to play in Asia, to win an international tournament.

BigKobeFan
02-01-2021, 12:33 PM
You are an idiot. :facepalm

Messi basically got raised by Barcelona. He played for "La Masia" alongside Xavi & Iniesta. They have been playing next to each other since they are kids.

Suarez left Liverpool to come to join Messi, in order to win. So your argument is false.

Argentina got no structure. They play with like 4-5 strikers. And they all are supposed to be professionals but they are always looking at Messi to unlock games for them. Teams know how to stop Argentina because they rely too much on one player.

Ronaldinho great 3 years of prime. However, 2002 he played next to Ronaldo, Kaka, Juninho, Rivaldo, Roberto Carlos, Dida, Cafu talk about stacked.

At least he reached the world cup final in 2014. What do you have to say about that? :confusedshrug:

I am not even a fan of Messi but stop saying nonsense.

Suarez left liverpool to win? Hahahha

Nike D'Antoni
02-01-2021, 12:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJsBk5LSGsw&ab_channel=RasheedArikady

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVo5eMuYwK4&ab_channel=GursiftandGursidak

the equivalent of Lebron missing a key free throw in finals and losing. But Messi has done this choking consistently on the high stage.

hold this L
02-01-2021, 12:48 PM
A penalty is not the equivalent of a key throw, what are you on about? :lol I agree it's choking, but that's an awful comparison. I agree that Messi has choked a bunch of times, but that comparison is terrible.

Hey Yo
02-01-2021, 12:48 PM
Soccer is gay as **** and has no place to be talked about on the NBA board.

Here's the Soccer link from the Lounge.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?461317-The-Soccer-Discussion-Thread

k0kakw0rld
02-01-2021, 07:15 PM
Soccer is gay as **** and has no place to be talked about on the NBA board.

Here's the Soccer link from the Lounge.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?461317-The-Soccer-Discussion-Thread
Number one sport in the world and it's Football because we use our feet to play the game and not our hands like you Americans.

American football should be called fake rugby or bootleg rugby