PDA

View Full Version : This new Nets team reminds me of the 2011 Heat

StrongLurk
01-31-2021, 10:18 PM
Basically three star players carrying the load and not having any bench or interior defense to help. Obviously the 2011 Heat had a little better defense with Lebron/Bosh but the Nets definitely have more fire power on offense.

I just don't see how any team out East can stop this Nets team (healthy) in the playoffs. You'd HAVE to shut down two of their three stars in a series but KD/Kyrie/Harden are each pure scorers in every sense (can score at all three levels, ISO, shoot off ball, make free throws, etc.). Plus Joe Harris is a top 5 3 point shooter in the league these last couple years and will be open all game.

The more I think about it, the more I actually think these Nets are BETTER than the 2011 Heat.

Nike D'Antoni
01-31-2021, 10:21 PM
That heat was struggling offensively, but defensively were there.

That Nets are struggling defensively, but offensively are there.

aj1987
01-31-2021, 10:21 PM
Basically three star players carrying the load and not having any bench or interior defense to help. Obviously the 2011 Heat had a little better defense with Lebron/Bosh but the Nets definitely have more fire power on offense.

I just don't see how any team out East can stop this Nets team (healthy) in the playoffs. You'd HAVE to shut down two of their three stars in a series but KD/Kyrie/Harden are each pure scorers in every sense (can score at all three levels, ISO, shoot off ball, make free throws, etc.). Plus Joe Harris is a top 5 3 point shooter in the league these last couple years and will be open all game.

The more I think about it, the more I actually think these Nets are BETTER than the 2011 Heat.

Are you ****ing retarded? The '11 Heat were the #5 defense in the RS and before LeBron's meltdown were annihilating teams defensively.

That heat was struggling offensively, but defensively were there.

That Nets are struggling defensively, but offensively are there.

The Heat were the #3 offense, idiot.

SouBeachTalents
01-31-2021, 10:26 PM
Outside of having a big 3 they're absolutely nothing alike :oldlol: Legitimately the complete opposite of each other

StrongLurk
01-31-2021, 10:37 PM
Outside of having a big 3 they're absolutely nothing alike :oldlol: Legitimately the complete opposite of each other

When was the last team to have three all-nba, 1st option superstars in their prime?

ThatCoolKid
01-31-2021, 10:43 PM
If you take Lebron off the 2011 Heat I see the resemblance. Durant = Bosh, Harden = Wade, Kyrie = Chalmers. Good post OP

Nike D'Antoni
01-31-2021, 10:46 PM
The Heat were the #3 offense, idiot.

they needed shooters like battier, ray allen, mike miller ( injured 1st year ) to spread floor for lebron/wade.
they were struggling with teams shutting down the paint.

Micku
01-31-2021, 10:50 PM
Naw, not really to me other than being the big 3.

The offense with the Heat was a struggle in the beginning Wade and LeBron didn't fit together very well. They had to work at finding the chemistry because they played too similar to each other. They were just going off of talent and taking turns on offense. At times, they would just stand around and watch the other just go one on one. But the defense was there. They were one of the best in the league.

This Nets team just don't have no defense. They suck. Every game is like an all-star game. With the Heat, it was just the fit with the offense. And every team went hard at them because they were the new villains. But they worked it out.

I dunno how the Nets gonn'a change their defense.

ImKobe
01-31-2021, 10:54 PM
In terms of 3 stars teaming up and struggling early in the season? Sure. 2011 Heat started out 9 - 8 and had their ups & downs during the RS. They were top 5 on both ends but didn't have much offense outside of the big 3, while the Nets have the best offensive talent in league history but can't stop anyone. Bron, Wade and Bosh were all high-level defensive players while the Nets' best defender is a post-achilles KD.

Axe
01-31-2021, 10:57 PM
The nets have to do something about this. Maybe shumpert will finally play in their next game.

RRR3
01-31-2021, 11:03 PM
When was the last team to have three all-nba, 1st option superstars in their prime?
If 2021 Kyrie is a superstar so was 2014 Kevin Love

HBK_Kliq_2
01-31-2021, 11:05 PM
Well, it would be nice if we actually see them play together. I swear it's always either Harden is out or Durant is out or Irving is out and 2\3 of them only playing. I predict that 3 ball dominant wing players all together will not work though. 2011 Heat were different because Bosh is not a high usage wing player and can thrive in a 3rd option role. I don't see Irving or Harden thriving in a 3rd option role at this point in their careers because their ego is too big. It's kind of like the much better version of Kemba\Brown\Tatum? That trio never works either as Kemba just ****s things up for Tatum. I would much rather have a non star stretch big like Ibaka be my 3rd wheel and just find his flow within the game. Three ball dominant wing players is an overkill. Irving\Harden\Durant all dominating at once isn't realistic, there's only 1 damn ball and Harden\Irving are terrible off ball players. I didn't even mention their defense issues either.

StrongLurk
01-31-2021, 11:15 PM
Well, it would be nice if we actually see them play together. I swear it's always either Harden is out or Durant is out or Irving is out and 2\3 of them only playing. I predict that 3 ball dominant wing players all together will not work though. 2011 Heat were different because Bosh is not a high usage wing player and can thrive in a 3rd option role. I don't see Irving or Harden thriving in a 3rd option role at this point in their careers because their ego is too big. It's kind of like the much better version of Kemba\Brown\Tatum? That trio never works either as Kemba just ****s things up for Tatum. I would much rather have a non star stretch big like Ibaka be my 3rd wheel and just find his flow within the game. Three ball dominant wing players is an overkill. Irving\Harden\Durant all dominating at once isn't realistic, there's only 1 damn ball and Harden\Irving are terrible off ball players. I didn't even mention their defense issues either.

See, I FULLY believe Harden will be the one to take the step back scoring. He could still pop off for 25 or 30 any time he wants, but he can legit run PG on offense unlike Kyrie.

I predicted Harden would put up 20/12 in his SLEEP on this team when he joined, and so far Harden is averaging 24/8/12 on 65.1 TS%.

Come playoff time, KD will be his usual 30ppg type scorer from EVERYWHERE, Kyrie will be putting up 25/5 and Harden will be 20/12.

LoneyROY7
01-31-2021, 11:19 PM
See, I FULLY believe Harden will be the one to take the step back scoring. He could still pop off for 25 or 30 any time he wants, but he can legit run PG on offense unlike Kyrie.

I predicted Harden would put up 20/12 in his SLEEP on this team when he joined, and so far Harden is averaging 24/8/12 on 65.1 TS%.

Come playoff time, KD will be his usual 30ppg type scorer from EVERYWHERE, Kyrie will be putting up 25/5 and Harden will be 20/12.

LOL at thinking Harden would ever average 20 ppg.

He's averaging 24.5 this year and has played his most passive basketball since he was a kid in OKC. He sleepwalks to 25.

LoneyROY7
01-31-2021, 11:22 PM
Last game the big 3 played together?

KD - 32/5

Harden - 31/15/8

Kyrie - 26/7

They'll be just fine out there.

BigShotBob
01-31-2021, 11:26 PM
They're nothing alike.

StrongLurk
01-31-2021, 11:27 PM
They're nothing alike.

Not true.

Kiddlovesnets
01-31-2021, 11:28 PM
The Heat was a much better defensive team, and they went on a 14 games winning streak after starting 9-8. We also started 9-8 and then lost to the shitty Wizards.

Micku
01-31-2021, 11:31 PM
The Heat was a much better defensive team, and they went on a 14 games winning streak after starting 9-8. We also started 9-8 and then lost to the shitty Wizards.

Yeah. The Heat had the offensive talent, but not the offensive flow. They relied on the top heavy talent and created open shots because both Wade and LeBron were great passers. Defense was never a problem.

The Nets, have all the offense in the world but no defense in sight.

aj1987
02-01-2021, 12:00 AM
they needed shooters like battier, ray allen, mike miller ( injured 1st year ) to spread floor for lebron/wade.
they were struggling with teams shutting down the paint.

They were still the #5 offense. :roll:

TheCorporation
02-01-2021, 01:16 AM
Nope--LeBron would NEVER let his team be this bad on defense!

He is also turns it up even more in the playoffs.

pandiani17
02-01-2021, 01:48 PM

Are they going to play with two balls or what? There are not enough shots to go around to get those numbers.

tpols
02-01-2021, 02:04 PM
The heat had a top 5 defense in 2010. And then they added three 25 PPG scorers. Not comparable at all until the nets get a defensive coach and a legit center. People really seem to forget the uproar over the cHeat... People were literally burning jerseys in the streets.

Kiddlovesnets
02-01-2021, 02:23 PM
The heat had a top 5 defense in 2010. And then they added three 25 PPG scorers. Not comparable at all until the nets get a defensive coach and a legit center. People really seem to forget the uproar over the cHeat... People were literally burning jerseys in the streets.

Yeah people acted like its the end of the world, the Heat big three were considered unbeatable and still they only won 2 out of 4 titles from 2011-2014.

tpols
02-01-2021, 02:30 PM
Yeah people acted like its the end of the world, the Heat big three were considered unbeatable and still they only won 2 out of 4 titles from 2011-2014.

And one shot away from 1 for 4.

pandiani17
02-01-2021, 03:01 PM

Who considered them unbeatable? In 2011 they were starting Mario Chalmers and Joel Anthony in the finals, and they struggled quite a bit in the regular season. They were far from unbeatable.

Micku
02-01-2021, 03:29 PM
Who considered them unbeatable? In 2011 they were starting Mario Chalmers and Joel Anthony in the finals, and they struggled quite a bit in the regular season. They were far from unbeatable.

This was pre performance.

They were thought to roll over the league and things would be unfair. Ppl thought it didn't matter who were the role players. It didn't turn out that way tho. They were hated. Most hated team since the bad boys pistons.

pandiani17
02-01-2021, 04:34 PM
This was pre performance.

They were thought to roll over the league and things would be unfair. Ppl thought it didn't matter who were the role players. It didn't turn out that way tho. They were hated. Most hated team since the bad boys pistons.

I think it is similar to the Brooklyn Nets situation currently. When they traded for Harden, fans were saying they were going straight to the finals. However, they will have to build a team with players that fit their superstars first.

Micku
02-01-2021, 05:04 PM
I think it is similar to the Brooklyn Nets situation currently. When they traded for Harden, fans were saying they were going straight to the finals. However, they will have to build a team with players that fit their superstars first.

Imo, it's a bit different.

There's a difference of play style. Like with the Heat, they just struggle to find a good flow offensively since Wade and LeBron played so much alike and both were effective. They cancel each other since they had no movement off the ball. But you can see if they ever improve and change up their game, they could work. Even in the playoffs of 2011, it was awkward, but they overwhelm teams with their talent. It wasn't until 2013 in the RS that they had great synergy when healthy.

But the Nets tho? They have more problems. It's just defensively. Unless Harden and Kyrie become great defensively or Nash turn into Thibs or Pop, it's very hard to see them fixing it.

Their problems is both the coach and the players. LeBron/Wade/Bosh all gave effort on the defensive end. Granted, it was easier to play defense back then. Joel Anthony gave effort defensively, but suck offensively and he was small. Udonis Haslem was solid defensively, but he got hurt too early on and was never the same.

But with Harden/Kyrie/KD? That's really hard to see. And they weren't great defensively even before the trade. Plus Nash is a rookie coach. And his coach in his prime didn't care about defense. So, there's a lot more problems.

The thing that is similar about the 2011 Heat is that they really have to rely on their big 3 to carry them. Carry them offensively to the mountain top, cuz I can't see them stopping anybody. Teams are gonn'a get season and career highs facing this team.

light
02-01-2021, 05:33 PM
The 2011 Heat team was better because they had better players. Mostly because of LeBron and his defense. But also because of Wade and his defense. Bosh was not a defensive presence in 2011 - that didn't happen until after the 2012 olympics - but he was still probably a better defender than Kyrie and Harden, but maybe not.

Axe
02-01-2021, 09:07 PM
They were supposed to become a dynasty but the expectations were just short-lived.

StrongLurk
02-02-2021, 10:26 PM
Imagine actually thinking this Nets team isn't gonna make the finals :roll: