PDA

View Full Version : I must admit as a Nets fan that, our problems are beyond fixing until next season...

Kiddlovesnets
02-01-2021, 12:13 AM
This is not the first time that our defense was shit, it was this way whether we were winning or losing, and the alarming fact is that I dont see improvements, nothing changed. We need a serious tweak in the rosters, and the Harden trade happened way too late into the season that we missed out the FA market to build around the big three. We will just spend the rest of the season building the team chemistry on offense as well as help Steve Nash learn to become a better coach(he should learn with time), but to fix the defense will need at least another off-season. This means, yes this season is a lost cause. Not that I am giving up, just I've seen enough and even the most optimistic true nets fans will tell you that.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

CTbasketball92
02-01-2021, 12:18 AM
This is not the first time that our defense was shit, it was this way whether we were winning or losing, and the alarming fact is that I dont see improvements, nothing changed. We need a serious tweak in the rosters, and the Harden trade happened way too late into the season that we missed out the FA market to build around the big three. We will just spend the rest of the season building the team chemistry on offense as well as help Steve Nash learn to become a better coach(he should learn with time), but to fix the defense will need at least another off-season. This means, yes this season is a lost cause. Not that I am giving up, just I've seen enough and even the most optimistic true nets fans will tell you that.

I think it's unlikely that they don't get a decent defensive big—like literally, someone that's a playable NBA player—before the playoffs. I hope they get Javale McGee and Trevor Ariza. Pelle should help.

Kiddlovesnets
02-01-2021, 12:23 AM
I think it's unlikely that they don't get a decent defensive big—like literally, someone that's a playable NBA player—before the playoffs. I hope they get Javale McGee and Trevor Ariza. Pelle should help.

Maybe. Right now I feel they just dont give a f*ck, and its not just the players, the coaching staff too. I also dont understand what the FO was thinking, it seems that everyone knows what the problem is and they just sit back pretending nothing matters as if they were smarter than everyone else. I genuinely think they need a brutal playoffs series defeat to actually understand the need to play defense and fill the rosters with defensive minded players. I cant just blame this on the players alone, what have the coaching staff and FO done? They are supposed to be better than this.
:facepalm

Nike D'Antoni
02-01-2021, 12:30 AM
If Steve Nash is sacked, it could be fixed.

If not sacked, you need to add your coaching team an assistant who understands defense and handled that end of the game instead of Steve NASH. Not some guy who punched a fire extinguisher once in the playoffs and missed the rest of the series because of it ( Amare Stoudemire).

Proctor
02-01-2021, 12:40 AM
Ariza opted out after COVID became a thing because of his kid. Doubt he's coming out of the woodwork

GOBB
02-01-2021, 12:59 AM
Don’t worry you’ll get help when players get bought out. Hahahaha

Kiddlovesnets
02-01-2021, 01:31 AM
Damn I try to calm down and think that I shouldnt have a lot of expectations for the Nets this season. Why was I mad at this, is it surprising that we lose to shitty teams? I should've known that they are not going to change, nothing will change. Sigh.
:facepalm

hold this L
02-01-2021, 01:38 AM
If Steve Nash is sacked, it could be fixed.

If not sacked, you need to add your coaching team an assistant who understands defense and handled that end of the game instead of Steve NASH. Not some guy who punched a fire extinguisher once in the playoffs and missed the rest of the series because of it ( Amare Stoudemire).

You have to give a coach a full season to see what he does, to give it a real chance though. Firing someone 25% in to the season after he just got hired is crazy.

Gohan
02-01-2021, 05:28 AM
As a Denver nuggets fan with iverson and Carmelo I feel your pain kiddlovesnets. We also had the biggest fraud for a big man in Marcus Cambyses I just wish nene wasn’t injured they would’ve won about 5 more games and wouldn’t have had to play the lakers first round

light
02-01-2021, 06:50 AM

I'm sorry but the Nets didn't bring in KD, Kyrie, Harden and Steve Nash to play defense.

Looks like they were all-in on offense from day 1 and they're doubling down on that.

So don't hold your breath about the defense. As long as Nash is the coach and those players are there they will never have a good defense.

Kiddlovesnets
02-01-2021, 12:45 PM
I'm sorry but the Nets didn't bring in KD, Kyrie, Harden and Steve Nash to play defense.

Looks like they were all-in on offense from day 1 and they're doubling down on that.

So don't hold your breath about the defense. As long as Nash is the coach and those players are there they will never have a good defense.

Well it doesnt have to be good defense, average or even a little bit subpar defense is acceptable. The Cavs in 2017 made the Finals with even 21st ranked defense in the league, and we aint even on that level. This is just ridiculous.

GOBB
02-01-2021, 01:13 PM
Well it doesnt have to be good defense, average or even a little bit subpar defense is acceptable. The Cavs in 2017 made the Finals with even 21st ranked defense in the league, and we aint even on that level. This is just ridiculous.

Doood buyouts! The lakers added rondo McGee Morris and they went to the finals. Dooood!

8Ball
02-01-2021, 01:29 PM

2017 Cavs had LeBron that's the only reason why they could win with garbage defensive players like Love / Kyrie.

3ball
02-01-2021, 01:31 PM

Nash was completely unqualified and didn't deserve the coaching job.. a standard white supremacy hire.. happens all the time

He's a horrific coach and won't get better because he has zero background in defense or optimal, effective offensive strategy in the playoffs

All nash knows is ball-dominance and no defense - so he's entirely unqualified on both sides of the ball

tpols
02-01-2021, 02:11 PM
White supremacy hire lmao...

The simple fact of the matter is all the GOAT coaches were white ~ Riley, Don, Phil, Brown, Carlisle, Red, Popovich, Sloan etc. Just like almost all of the top players were black. Is what it is.

Kiddlovesnets
02-01-2021, 02:21 PM
a standard white supremacy hire.. happens all the time

Can you stop this nonsense now? Nash was hired due to his connection with Durant, who has every say in the coaching and roster changes. Theres no evidence that white supremacy exists in NBA, while its obvious that black coaches suck compared to white coaches. If political correctness aint a thing, there will be even less black coaches in the league.

imdaman99
02-01-2021, 03:16 PM
Oh man, I feel so bad for you. Life must be so tough with only 3 superstars.

https://twistedsifter.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/dawson-creek-crying-gif.gif

3ball
02-01-2021, 03:21 PM
Can you stop this nonsense now? Nash was hired due to his connection with Durant, who has every say in the coaching and roster changes. Theres no evidence that white supremacy exists in NBA, while its obvious that black coaches suck compared to white coaches. If political correctness aint a thing, there will be even less black coaches in the league.

the Nets' ball-dominant approach doesn't shift defenses or wear down teams more than the ball movement they face, so opponents are always fresher with more capacity to go off offensively.. Guys like Sexton get hot and go off because they're too fresh and aren't having to work on the other end.

Accordingly, the Nets need to implement an offensive system (ball movement) that wears defenses down and therefore takes away the opponent's offensive capacity... good defense isn't needed if the opponent's offense isn't playing that well.

Unfortunately, Nash is probably the worst coach ever - he's letting ball-dominance persist, so everyone is just standing and crashing the glass when a shot goes up (not getting back).. it's the worst system ever

I remember in high school and college how the coaches implemented a SYSTEM to bring the ball up court, move the ball around and find an open shot... this worked the defense so they couldn't just come back down and bomb away... And then there was a system to get back on defense... Certain plays prohibited the guards from crashing the glass and they were supposed to get back on defense.. So Nash is worse than my high school and college coaches.. his organization of the team and strategy is the worst all-time

aj1987
02-01-2021, 03:43 PM
the Nets' ball-dominant approach doesn't shift defenses or wear down teams more than the ball movement they face, so opponents are always fresher with more capacity to go off offensively.. Guys like Sexton get hot and go off because they're too fresh and aren't having to work on the other end.

Accordingly, the Nets need to implement an offensive system (ball movement) that wears defenses down and therefore takes away the opponent's offensive capacity... good defense isn't needed if the opponent's offense isn't playing that well.

Unfortunately, Nash is probably the worst coach ever - he's letting ball-dominance persist, so everyone is just standing and crashing the glass when a shot goes up (not getting back).. it's the worst system ever

I remember in high school and college how the coaches implemented a SYSTEM to bring the ball up court, move the ball around and find an open shot... this worked the defense so they couldn't just come back down and bomb away... And then there was a system to get back on defense... Certain plays prohibited the guards from crashing the glass and they were supposed to get back on defense.. So Nash is worse than my high school and college coaches.. his organization of the team and strategy is the worst all-time

You're a mouth breathing retard with the basketball knowledge of a rock.

light
02-01-2021, 05:56 PM

It will have to be good for them to win.

That Cavs team you're referring to won the title the year before with a top 10 defense. They were proven and felt like they could turn it on and off. That's not the same as this Nets team - they don't have that to fall back on. There is no working switch for them. They flip it and it's still off. It's always off.

dankok8
02-01-2021, 06:02 PM
It's way too early to panic. You faced a machine that is Beal and Westbrook plays at 200% with his vendetta against KD. You guys will be ok as long as you don't face the Wizards in the playoffs! Kidding aside, your Nets may be the worst defensive team I've ever seen and I don't say that lightly having watching basketball for 23 years. Even with GOAT-level offense that putrid defense won't win you a title.

Xiao Yao You
02-01-2021, 09:28 PM
It's way too early to panic. You faced a machine that is Beal and Westbrook plays at 200% with his vendetta against KD. You guys will be ok as long as you don't face the Wizards in the playoffs! Kidding aside, your Nets may be the worst defensive team I've ever seen and I don't say that lightly having watching basketball for 23 years. Even with GOAT-level offense that putrid defense won't win you a title.

the Paul Westhead Nuggets were pretty bad