PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi would be clear cut MVP if he was a #1 pick like LeBron or a white guy like Luka

HBK_Kliq_2
02-01-2021, 04:24 PM
Biggest disgrace in sports. You led your team to the #1 net rating in the league, your team lost by 50 in a game you sat out. Get that through your damn heads, ESPN. I just saw sportscenter not list kawhi as a top 4 MVP.

Kawhi led his team to the #1 net rating in the league, his team lost by 50 in game he sat out.

Kawhi led his team to the #1 net rating in the league, his team lost by 50 in game he sat out.

You get it now ESPN? I got to repeat myself to ****ing idiots.

Uncle Drew
02-01-2021, 04:25 PM
Kawho?

3ball
02-01-2021, 04:28 PM
Kawhi has the best combination of individual stats (PER, BPM, WS/48, VORP).. easily

And all the usual suspects are winning, so that = MVP for Kawhi

But you're right OP - Kawhi isn't the golden child so he gets shitted on

LAL
02-01-2021, 04:34 PM
True. Dude is unreal. **** the media.

SouBeachTalents
02-01-2021, 04:35 PM
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/938321227217974821/ED52C565837CDBDAB74186DAD988E238506585A6/

tpols
02-01-2021, 04:44 PM
Kawhi doesn't get love because he's boring. He's a boring player, but a superstar player. Guys that win MVP are usually exciting and/or a cash cow for the league in that particular year.

hold this L
02-01-2021, 04:49 PM
What a meltdown.

Micku
02-01-2021, 04:51 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/xUA7bbjNNRDa0LjwFW/giphy.gif

Uncle Drew
02-01-2021, 04:51 PM
Kawhi doesn't get love because he's boring. He's a boring player, but a superstar player. Guys that win MVP are usually exciting and/or a cash cow for the league in that particular year.

If he really were a superstar player he wouldn't be held to that ridiculous standard that has been created for him. Any real superstar player, be it LeBron, Durant, Curry, Kobe, whoever you want to name, would be crucified for some of the things he's pulled. That is on the floor as well as off the floor.

tpols
02-01-2021, 04:58 PM
If he really were a superstar player he wouldn't be held to that ridiculous standard that has been created for him. Any real superstar player, be it LeBron, Durant, Curry, Kobe, whoever you want to name, would be crucified for some of the things he's pulled. That is on the floor as well as off the floor.

What's that? His only blemish is last year, and that was mostly Paul georges fault. He doesn't have any meltdowns like '11 bron, '04 Kobe, '84 magic, '07 Dirk etc.

Uncle Drew
02-01-2021, 05:04 PM
What's that? His only blemish is last year, and that was mostly Paul georges fault. He doesn't have any meltdowns like '11 bron, '04 Kobe, '84 magic, '07 Dirk etc.

:oldlol: His choke was absolutely pathetic, his game 7 far exceeds that of, for example, Curry in 2016. Far.

More so, however, he missed crucial free throws in 2013 to win the title, he was an absolute role player in 2014, he quit on the Spurs and held the franchise hostage with an ''injury'' despite being cleared, he got another asterisk ring in 2019 and he then (admittedly(!) tampered to get Paul George, followed by the most pathetic, worst meltdown we've seen in a long time. Back to back to back double digit leads squandered. He is just a mess.

RRR3
02-01-2021, 05:10 PM
Imagine LeBron shooting 6-22 in a game 7 and Tpols saying it was mostly his sidekicks fault. Would NEVER happen.

Akeem34TheDream
02-01-2021, 05:11 PM
:oldlol: His choke was absolutely pathetic, his game 7 far exceeds that of, for example, Curry in 2016. Far.

More so, however, he missed crucial free throws in 2013 to win the title, he was an absolute role player in 2014, he quit on the Spurs and held the franchise hostage with an ''injury'' despite being cleared, he got another asterisk ring in 2019 and he then (admittedly(!) tampered to get Paul George, followed by the most pathetic, worst meltdown we've seen in a long time. Back to back to back double digit leads squandered. He is just a mess.

I think you don't like Kawhi. And which ring is more asterisk? 2019 or 2020?

Uncle Drew
02-01-2021, 05:14 PM
I think you don't like Kawhi. And which ring is more asterisk? 2019 or 2020?

Please inform me as to why every team playing in the exact same circumstances would amount to an asterisk, please?

MaxPlayer
02-01-2021, 05:19 PM
Please inform me as to why every team playing in the exact same circumstances would amount to an asterisk, please?

Because LeBron won

Akeem34TheDream
02-01-2021, 05:19 PM

Miami Heat were more injured than Warriors. And Warriors were a pretty good team without KD. (Core of" the best team ever" were playing)

k0kakw0rld
02-01-2021, 05:20 PM
Because Giannis was a #1 pick. Shut the fk up moron.

light
02-01-2021, 05:28 PM
The losing by 50 thing you're getting so excited about is a coincidence. Kawhi doesn't make a 50 point difference. If he played they would've still lost.

3ball
02-01-2021, 05:30 PM

This is entirely true

ThiccBoi
02-01-2021, 06:27 PM
Imagine LeBron shooting 6-22 in a game 7 and Tpols saying it was mostly his sidekicks fault. Would NEVER happen.

Lebron could shoot 16/22 in a game7 loss and his haters would still find a way to blame LeGOAT

"Lebron ball", "ball hog", "cherry pick", "bad defense" etc etc

MaxPlayer
02-01-2021, 06:35 PM
Kawhi has only exceeded 66 games played twice in his career.

It's fine if his thing is to save himself for the playoffs, but they're not going to rewards that slacking by showering him with MVPs.

Axe
02-01-2021, 08:57 PM
Op still deepthroating the flaw to oblivion i see

Taurus
02-01-2021, 09:21 PM
A #1 pick hasn't won MVP since Bron in 2013, and a white guy hasn't won MVP since Dirk in 2007. Wtf are you going on about?

Giannis was the same pick as Kawhi btw

tanibanana
02-02-2021, 03:48 AM
Being the clear cut MVP of his team would be a good start...

TheGoatest
02-02-2021, 04:13 AM
Or he would have a better case for MVP if he didn't try to build an "doesn't give a damn about regular season, all he cares is about playoffs" image for himself over the years.
Which by the way he managed to ruin in spectacular fashion last year by pulling off the biggest choke job in playoff history.

bobopenguin
02-02-2021, 06:00 AM
if kawhi is white, he will get destroyed for load management.

Sulico
02-02-2021, 06:03 AM
A #1 pick hasn't won MVP since Bron in 2013, and a white guy hasn't won MVP since Dirk in 2007. Wtf are you going on about?

Giannis was the same pick as Kawhi btw

Trying to argue logically with OP is lost cause. I tried that. I failed.

baudkarma
02-02-2021, 07:26 PM

Duncan was boring, but he was MVP twice. The difference is that Duncan was boring but likeable. You could tell that his teammates had genuine affection for him. I don't get that same vibe with Kawhi.

Micku
02-02-2021, 07:32 PM
I think Kawhi should be a definite consideration with MVP for sure.

But I think Jokic is playing the best this season. Embiid shortly after him.

There might be a stigma with Kawhi and the clippers due to them losing that 3-1 lead. We'll see by the end of the year and how well he and the Clips can play.

k0kakw0rld
02-02-2021, 07:36 PM
Duncan was boring, but he was MVP twice. The difference is that Duncan was boring but likeable. You could tell that his teammates had genuine affection for him. I don't get that same vibe with Kawhi.

Watch your mouth, fool. The man was as entertaining as it gets.

light
02-03-2021, 01:15 AM
Or if he was better.