PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum would have been a hall of famer: TRUE OR FALSE?

TAZORAC
02-03-2021, 03:32 PM
For several years Andrew Bynum was the 2nd best center in the NBA behind Dwight Howard.

Had he not started using opioids and went crazy who agrees that Bynum would have been a hall of famer?

Axe
02-03-2021, 03:34 PM
For several years, he only made the all-star once too.

Xiao Yao You
02-03-2021, 03:36 PM
:roll:

pandiani17
02-03-2021, 04:17 PM
He would have to step up his game and be more consistent, he used to miss big chunks of seasons because of injuries. And be in that level for 10 years more or less.

RRR3
02-03-2021, 04:26 PM
I mean if he had been able to replicate or improve upon what he did at age 24 from age 25-31, yes he would have been. He put up almost 19/12 on great efficiency at age 24, and that was in a much slower paced and lower scoring league. I don’t know how well he would have adjusted to the pace and space era though.

RRR3
02-03-2021, 04:27 PM
:roll:
It’s not a dumb question he made 2nd team All-NBA at 24 before injuries ended his career. When Toody makes third team you think he’s a superstar. :biggums:

TheGoatest
02-03-2021, 04:28 PM
All-NBA 2nd team at the age of 24 before he got a career-ending injury? I mean, that was Chris Bosh's resumé at the same age, and some people think that he's dead certain HOFer.

Xiao Yao You
02-03-2021, 04:29 PM
It’s not a dumb question he made 2nd team All-NBA at 24 before injuries ended his career. When Toody makes third team you think he’s a superstar. :biggums:

when I make a post you aren't far behind trolling

L.Kizzle
02-03-2021, 04:29 PM
No, he was only an All-Star once in his 7th season. Before that he was injured too much.

Now, Gilbert Arenas I believe he would have been an Hall of Famer.

Thenameless
02-03-2021, 06:30 PM
He certainly had talent. Without all those injuries he could have had a much better career. Certainly Hall of Fame consideration at least.

Gudo
02-03-2021, 07:15 PM
Atgs have atg mindsets and attitude. When you play in a league where almost everyone is as talented as you are, the differentiating factor is your grit.

You have to respect the likes of kobe, lebron, jordan and other greats for working extremely hard inspite of the gifts they had. Its a very difficult challenge to keep pushing the boundary, to self motivate when you are already given a lot of gifts.

RRR3
02-03-2021, 07:16 PM
Atgs have atg mindsets and attitude. When you play in a league where almost everyone is as talented as you are, the differentiating factor is your grit,

You have to respect the likes of kobe, lebron, jordan and other greats for working extremely hard inspite of the gifts they had. Its a very difficult challenge to keep pushing the boundary, to self motivate when you are already given a lot of gifts. Gifts make you complacent and menatlky weak.
The question was if he would have made the HOF, not if he would have been an all time great.

Gudo
02-03-2021, 07:18 PM
The question was if he would have made the HOF, not if he would have been an all time great.

I think its a simular thing. His mental control was not there. He would have been hof for sure if he had his head right. He was definietly talented enough to have played at a high level,

tpols
02-03-2021, 07:20 PM
It's hard to go balls to the walls when your knees are shot. People don't understand how injury impacts motivation. If you're faced with constant negative reinforcement physically, how do you think that will affect you mentally?

Reggie43
02-03-2021, 07:25 PM
He would have without the injuries especially if you factor in that there was barely any competition at the top of the position and would have stood out more.

highwhey
02-03-2021, 07:37 PM
he'd be better than rudy gobert for sure

Axe
02-03-2021, 08:05 PM
when I make a post you aren't far behind trolling
Lol

Xiao Yao You
02-03-2021, 08:38 PM
he'd be better than rudy gobert for sure

He may have been but he wasn't when he played. Maybe Ayton can reach Bynum's level though?

RRR3
02-03-2021, 09:39 PM
He may have been but he wasn't when he played. Maybe Ayton can reach Bynum's level though?
He was second team all-NBA so he was just as good as the best version of Gobert by your own logic.

Xiao Yao You
02-03-2021, 09:54 PM
He was second team all-NBA so he was just as good as the best version of Gobert by your own logic.

1 time. Gobert has better analytics on both side of the ball. Bynum scored more so by your logic he's better.

Wally450
02-04-2021, 12:12 AM
False. I don't think he had the drive. Look how much he fell off after injuries instead of working harder to come back better.

MaxPlayer
02-04-2021, 12:15 AM
False. I don't think he had the drive. Look how much he fell off after injuries instead of working harder to come back better.

Haha this. It's not like some freak accident cost him his career.

If he had a different brain, then yeah, maybe he would have been a hall of famer.

L.Kizzle
02-04-2021, 01:12 AM
Rank these centers?

Andrew Bynum
Jamaal Magloire
Chris Kaman
Roy Hibbert

light
02-04-2021, 01:16 AM
For several years Andrew Bynum was the 2nd best center in the NBA behind Dwight Howard.

Had he not started using opioids and went crazy who agrees that Bynum would have been a hall of famer?

I don't think your first sentence is true.

ZenMaster
02-04-2021, 12:53 PM
IIRC his knee was screwed in a way where he had to play with that brace in order to minimize long term damage, but wearing it caused a short term injury and pain.

We don't know how bad that pain was, but it's a bit of a messed up situation when it constantly hurts while you run, without being able to do anything about it. I wouldn't be surprised if Bynum was worried about being able to walk at 50 years old and so called it quits when he was set for life money wise.

Smoke117
02-04-2021, 08:13 PM
If he was the best center for several years after Dwight that’s just a good example of how weak the position was. Even if he wasn’t injury prone he was always lazy, so no.