PDA

View Full Version : Giannis quietly putting up another insane season...

dankok8
02-06-2021, 02:20 AM
27/11/6 on 61.5 %TS and DPOY-level defense.

His Bucks also have the best Net Rating in the league and could again finish with the best record.

Im Still Ballin
02-06-2021, 02:21 AM
I think they'll win the east again. Philly doesn't have the mustard to keep this up.

And Giannis? He can win MVP again.

Axe
02-06-2021, 02:23 AM
His impressive performance aside, the bucks are worse this season than last time as far as their current record is concerned. In the postseason? You've guessed it. Coach bud will probably screw them up again big time.

AirBonner
02-06-2021, 02:41 AM
His team has 2nd round exit written all over them

ThatCoolKid
02-06-2021, 02:53 AM
Bron winning MVP. Cry your crocodile tears for Giannis - MJ nut hugger.

tanibanana
02-06-2021, 03:54 AM
Almost MVP season i would say.
But that is okay... what would make people appreciate Giannis more is an ECF or Finals appearance over another MVP award. Nonetheless he is beasting

light
02-06-2021, 03:55 AM

His Bucks also have the best Net Rating in the league and could again finish with the best record.

Unfortunately he's a cat running out of lives. Nobody cares about what he does in the regular season now.

Can he win his conference at least? That's what people want to know.

StrongLurk
02-06-2021, 10:00 AM
He's a dominant player but his scoring skillset is still bad.

3ball
02-06-2021, 10:03 AM
He's a dominant player but his scoring skillset is still bad.

Agreed - his scoring skillset he can't handle the "1-man team" defensive coverage that he sees in the playoffs

So he needs an equal-scoring teammate to attract equal defensive attention (1b), and cannot win with a "true" 2nd option that averages far less

But in reality, everyone in history needed a 1b for half their rings, except MJ.. So only MJ faced "1-man team" defensive coverage for his entire career, thus giving ultimate integrity to his stats and ring quality

Airupthere
02-06-2021, 10:07 AM
Where giannis is now reminds me of precollusion lebron

3ball
02-06-2021, 10:07 AM

Boom

Giannis' jumper is worse, but both lacked the jumpshooting skill to win with higher volume loads, as required to win with 2nd options that averaged far less - so both needed an equal-scoring teammate to share the load (1b)

Everyone in history needed a 1b for half their rings except the goat.. 1b's matter because equal-scoring teammates attract equal defensive attention, so only the goat faced the toughest defensive coverage for every ring (goat ring quality, goat stat quality/integrity)

8Ball
02-06-2021, 10:08 AM

So insane his team is on 52 win pace.

These Giannis stats are so garbage. No wonder he was gifted the MVP over Bron last year.

8Ball
02-06-2021, 10:09 AM

Actually reminds me of Jordan without Pippen.

Can only do 2 things which is score and defend. Can't lead a team or set up his team offensively.

3ball
02-06-2021, 10:21 AM
Actually reminds me of Jordan without Pippen.

Can only do 2 things which is score and defend. Can't lead a team or set up his team offensively.

The stats prove you wrong

The bucks have #1 defenses, while the 1st three-peat bulls had #7 defense..... and Middletown destroys Pippen across the board offensively

So Jordan won chips with less help on both sides of the ball than Giannis or 09' Lebron (09' Cavs had the #3 defense and Mo > Pippen offensively)

Jordan could win these high-volume carry-jobs because his jumpshooting skill was goat (he could handle the additional contested jumpshooting required).. ultimately, everyone in history needed an equal scoring teammate for half their rings (1b), while MJ won every ring with a true 2nd option that averaged far less...

RRR3
02-06-2021, 10:25 AM
Giannis doesn’t have 1/10th the skill of LeBron. Lazy, dumb comparison.

Airupthere
02-06-2021, 10:25 AM
Boom

Giannis' jumper is worse, but both lacked the jumpshooting skill to win with higher volume loads, as required to win with 2nd options that averaged far less - so both needed an equal-scoring teammate to share the load (1b)

Everyone in history needed a 1b for half their rings except the goat.. 1b's matter because equal-scoring teammates attract equal defensive attention, so only the goat faced the toughest defensive coverage for every ring (goat ring quality, goat stat quality/integrity)

Put giannis in a superteam and there is no doubt he wins rings. You can see why lebron had to call up his competition to make a superteam. You can be dominant statistically and still not be able to close out. As dominant as giannis and Lebron were with regards to their teams but there are elements still needed to win that a superteam can provide. And Lebron found that blueprint. Stuck and ran away with it. Worked for KD too. Now they can claim thay have rings.

Jasper
02-06-2021, 10:36 AM
His impressive performance aside, the bucks are worse this season than last time as far as their current record is concerned. In the postseason? You've guessed it. Coach bud will probably screw them up again big time.

nae - I don't think so... Giannis has played more in the low post , and Holiday has found his stride.
Even Middleton has backed off, unless his shot is right there.
It is their bench I am concerned with.... George Hill did more for the team than most people thought... He might be coming back.
Giannis was projected to win another MVP - and last 3 games the Bucks had blow outs... should show something.

Jasper
02-06-2021, 10:38 AM
Almost MVP season i would say.
But that is okay... what would make people appreciate Giannis more is an ECF or Finals appearance over another MVP award. Nonetheless he is beasting

I actually think they will be in the eastern finals.. this year.
(Next year Beal comes to town)

dankok8
02-06-2021, 01:13 PM
Stop derailing every other thread with Jordan-Lebron bullshit! People who mention Lebron or Jordan in this thread should be banned honestly...

Bucks have a +9 Net Rating and +8.37 SRS which is absolutely elite. They are currently on 52-win pace but I'd be shocked if they don't end the season close to 60-win pace. Giannis lacks the scoring skillset i.e. he can't shoot. He's still elite in just about all other areas of the game though. I think one difference in his approach should be to play more in the post. I think most guys are smaller and/or slower than him and he could crush them playing in the post as opposed to starting at the 3pt line where defenders can just sag off and force him into off-rhythm jumpers. He could also pick up apart inevitable double teams with his decent passing skills. Either way, people sometimes don't realize just how close Giannis was to a title in 2019.

bullettooth
02-06-2021, 01:18 PM

Here come all the LeBron nut huggers to his defence!!

highwhey
02-06-2021, 01:23 PM
primer for another early round playoffs exit!

AussieSteve
02-06-2021, 04:24 PM

Boom

A disorder characterised by the presence of two or more distinct personality states.

Dissociative identity disorder, previously called multiple personality disorder, is usually a reaction to trauma as a way to help a person avoid bad memories.

SouBeachTalents
02-06-2021, 04:25 PM
A disorder characterised by the presence of two or more distinct personality states.

Dissociative identity disorder, previously called multiple personality disorder, is usually a reaction to trauma as a way to help a person avoid bad memories.
And "they" bring him up in EVERY thread :oldlol: Absolutely obsessed

imdaman99
02-06-2021, 04:30 PM
Voter's fatigue, he ain't winning MVP.

Gougou
02-06-2021, 05:02 PM
Embiid or Joker might win... but don't bet against Giannis too soon.

Axe
02-06-2021, 09:45 PM
Stop derailing every other thread with Jordan-Lebron bullshit! People who mention Lebron or Jordan in this thread should be banned honestly...

Bucks have a +9 Net Rating and +8.37 SRS which is absolutely elite. They are currently on 52-win pace but I'd be shocked if they don't end the season close to 60-win pace. Giannis lacks the scoring skillset i.e. he can't shoot. He's still elite in just about all other areas of the game though. I think one difference in his approach should be to play more in the post. I think most guys are smaller and/or slower than him and he could crush them playing in the post as opposed to starting at the 3pt line where defenders can just sag off and force him into off-rhythm jumpers. He could also pick up apart inevitable double teams with his decent passing skills. Either way, people sometimes don't realize just how close Giannis was to a title in 2019.
You'll just get name-called for stating an honest, serious opinion. :oldlol:

Axe
02-06-2021, 09:46 PM
nae - I don't think so... Giannis has played more in the low post , and Holiday has found his stride.
Even Middleton has backed off, unless his shot is right there.
It is their bench I am concerned with.... George Hill did more for the team than most people thought... He might be coming back.
Giannis was projected to win another MVP - and last 3 games the Bucks had blow outs... should show something.
Yes but with coach bud, they might never come out of the east.