PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin vs Vince Carter

Lebron23
02-07-2021, 10:30 AM
Who has the better nba career?

pandiani17
02-07-2021, 10:42 AM
Actually, I have always seen a certain similarity in their careers. Took the league by storm, won the dunk contest and appeared every day in highlights, supposed to be future MVPs, and suddenly went into obscurity after the initial frenzy about them wore off. I haven't followed Blake's Pistons career that much, so I don't know who has had a better career.

red1
02-07-2021, 02:06 PM
Vince had the potential to win a ring as the best scorer on the team. It was the reason a lot of people hated on kobe early - jealousy because their guy AI carter whoever didnt have that that team, so their guy didn't get that shine.

Vince's game was effortless I thought he was the best guard in the league. Much better talent than Blake IMO.

tpols
02-07-2021, 02:07 PM
I think Vince Carter was better but peak Blake in the early 2010's may have been an even more ridiculous dunker. His dunks were violent as hell I remember what he used to do to Pau. It wasn't pretty.

red1
02-07-2021, 02:19 PM
Carter was one of the first guys with that effortless unlimited range on his jumpshot from anywhere on the court

He might be the best nba guard talent of all-time. If he had mj or kobe's mentality...

GOBB
02-07-2021, 02:26 PM
Vince carter.

Nike D'Antoni
02-07-2021, 02:32 PM
Vince Carter.

JohnMax
02-07-2021, 04:31 PM
Blake Griffin lost half of his athleticism in 2013-14 and most of it in 2014-15. He's another Derrick Ross but unlike Rose, I can't recall any serious injury that would rob him of his athleticism. His worst injury came his rookie season when he tore his MCL in a preseason game.

BigShotBob
02-07-2021, 04:40 PM
You must be young

FKAri
02-07-2021, 05:08 PM
Carter was one of the first guys with that effortless unlimited range on his jumpshot from anywhere on the court

He might be the best nba guard talent of all-time. If he had mj or kobe's mentality...

Nah he lacked quickness especially laterally. He was more of a power player or at least that was his strength. Once he went away from that and became more finesse he became a lesser albeit still good player. A similar thing can also be said in regards to Blake Griffin.

MaxPlayer
02-07-2021, 05:23 PM
I wonder if Vince would have been a better player in the analytics era.

Felt like he was all dunks and 3's, which a lot of coaches seem to like nowadays.

light
02-07-2021, 11:07 PM
Not Blake Griffin.

red1
02-08-2021, 12:15 AM
Nah he lacked quickness especially laterally. He was more of a power player or at least that was his strength. Once he went away from that and became more finesse he became a lesser albeit still good player. A similar thing can also be said in regards to Blake Griffin.

It was 100% a mental/effort thing. carter was more blessed than both. he was quick and explosive and he had elevation and extremely long arms which helped with everything, finishing, shooting contested shots, etc.

he admit he didnt try his hardest at times - you'll never hear that from mj or kobe. he didnt work as hard as they did

houston
02-08-2021, 03:25 AM
blake griffin was the better player

PeroAntic
02-08-2021, 08:26 AM
Griffin for sure. He can orchestrate an entire offense in a way that Vince can only dream of. Vince didn't have any special playmaking ability or handles that would have made him a focal point of offense. The fact that Blake had his best season after his loss of athleticism highlights this difference.

rawimpact
02-08-2021, 09:17 AM
Anyone that says Griffin is a moron

Vince in retrospect is always just considered to be a good dunker, but people forget he's top 20 in all time points.

He nearly has twice the points Blake has in his career

Blake may not even make the HOF

Another dumb thread by OP

clipps
02-08-2021, 11:03 AM
Vince. Better peak, better prime, better all around career. What a dumb question.