PDA

View Full Version : Will we ever see goat longevity like LeBrady? 2 goats of their sports. Amazing.

TheCorporation
02-07-2021, 11:14 PM
Congrats to Tom and his longevity

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/two-goats-8045098.jpg

Hey Yo
02-07-2021, 11:19 PM
There's no disputing Brady at this point.

He's up there with the likes of Ruth, James and Ali.

Wally450
02-07-2021, 11:21 PM
He is a god.

If anyone still disputes him being the GOAT, I will not take them seriously.

BurningHammer
02-07-2021, 11:25 PM

Also, Gretzky, Bradman, Jim Brown, Bolt, Phelps, Federer, Woods, Chestnut, etc.

:bowdown:

Axe
02-07-2021, 11:37 PM
Simply like no other

Vragrant
02-08-2021, 12:29 AM
Please don't lump Lebron in with Brady, he's not at his level. You can't have a losing record in championship series and be compared to Brady. You realize Brady has won more Superbowl titles than any other NFL TEAM in history. The other one was the Steelers(6) and the other(6), his former team the Patriots:oldlol:.

scuzzy
02-08-2021, 08:18 AM
LeBrady

Shooter
02-09-2021, 12:15 AM
LeBrady

Unstoppable Goats with all the records

TheMan
02-09-2021, 06:52 PM
Please don't lump Lebron in with Brady, he's not at his level. You can't have a losing record in championship series and be compared to Brady. You realize Brady has won more Superbowl titles than any other NFL TEAM in history. The other one was the Steelers(6) and the other(6), his former team the Patriots:oldlol:.

Superbowls yes but why do people like to pretend the NFL started in 1967? The NFL existed long before the NFL AFL merger that brought us the Superbowl...and to your first point, yes, to be considered the GOAT, you need to win more Finals than have lost, that's why Wilt isn't considered the GOAT even though he still has a lot of stats records that will never be surpassed. If 2/6 doesnt cut it, I don't see why 4/10 should. It's why no one considers Jim Kelly one of the GOATs even though he went to 4 straight Superbowls, all which he lost.

1987_Lakers
02-09-2021, 07:19 PM
Superbowls yes but why do people like to pretend the NFL started in 1967? The NFL existed long before the NFL AFL merger that brought us the Superbowl...and to your first point, yes, to be considered the GOAT, you need to win more Finals than have lost, that's why Wilt isn't considered the GOAT even though he still has a lot of stats records that will never be surpassed. If 2/6 doesnt cut it, I don't see why 4/10 should. It's why no one considers Jim Kelly one of the GOATs even though he went to 4 straight Superbowls, all which he lost.

Please, Wilt isn't considered the GOAT because he consistently under-performed in the playoffs compared to his regular season production and he was known for caring more about his stats than winning. LeBron on the other hand has proven to have a win first mentality and he usually ups his production come playoff time, also has twice as many rings as Wilt in a league where there is more parity. You can also say Wilt only has one ring as the undisputed best player on his team, Jerry West was a better overall player in 1972. Bad comparison.

72-10
02-11-2021, 03:16 PM

Well, Walter, Ruth and Michael really are the best to play their sports. Since Brady has cheated 863 times in the National Football League, he's clearly not best. Much more egregiously, LeBron has cheated about four thousand times in the National Basketball Association alone, so he is clearly not close to the best (I don't watch American football, but I keep a basketball list and despite all his flaws LeBron almost makes my top 15 cut).

TheCorporation
02-12-2021, 10:29 AM
Well, Walter, Ruth and Michael really are the best to play their sports. Since Brady has cheated 863 times in the National Football League, he's clearly not best. Much more egregiously, LeBron has cheated about four thousand times in the National Basketball Association alone, so he is clearly not close to the best (I don't watch American football, but I keep a basketball list and despite all his flaws LeBron almost makes my top 15 cut).

Where did the bad LeBron hurt you?

2much_knowledge
02-13-2021, 09:07 AM
Congrats to Tom and his longevity

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/two-goats-8045098.jpg

Well, Brady is one thing but longevity ain't more impressive than a certain player who in just 11 full seasons, had more accolades than lebron and kobe combined. While retiring twice in his prime. That's real goat shit

Clifton
02-13-2021, 11:21 AM
Doesn't the fact that there are two guys doing this right now tell you something? Players' primes are going to last longer and longer, as they have been doing for decades now. With nutrition and exercise science the way it is, and getting exponentially better as we speak, anyone who's willing to put in the work can extend his prime by several years.

It takes some luck and genetic blessings as well, of course. But there will be more 40 year old good QBs, and more all-stars in their 18th seasons, in the future than there have been in the past.

For example look at what Chris Paul is doing. 3 years ago, wouldn't you have thought he had one maybe two years of good basketball left? Then he changed his diet and now it looks like he can play forever if he wants.

And1AllDay
02-13-2021, 12:35 PM
Doesn't the fact that there are two guys doing this right now tell you something? Players' primes are going to last longer and longer, as they have been doing for decades now. With nutrition and exercise science the way it is, and getting exponentially better as we speak, anyone who's willing to put in the work can extend his prime by several years.

It takes some luck and genetic blessings as well, of course. But there will be more 40 year old good QBs, and more all-stars in their 18th seasons, in the future than there have been in the past.

For example look at what Chris Paul is doing. 3 years ago, wouldn't you have thought he had one maybe two years of good basketball left? Then he changed his diet and now it looks like he can play forever if he wants.

i get what your saying but bran and brady are on another level

kareem played 20 season and was still under 6k playoff pts compared to bran

its not just 'longevity' and playing long, its playing lont at the elite top level. multiple finals, multiple deep runs past year 15. thats teh difference

and also not quitting and gambling or playing baseball becoz the game is too though for a fragile mind

Walk on Water
02-14-2021, 08:34 AM

Why is James in the same sentence as Ali and Ruth? Are you NUTS?

Walk on Water
02-14-2021, 08:35 AM
i get what your saying but bran and brady are on another level

kareem played 20 season and was still under 6k playoff pts compared to bran

its not just 'longevity' and playing long, its playing lont at the elite top level. multiple finals, multiple deep runs past year 15. thats teh difference

and also not quitting and gambling or playing baseball becoz the game is too though for a fragile mind

Come ONNNN. Bran is 4 and 6 in the Finals. Brady is 7 and 3. Please don't compare them.

Walk on Water
02-14-2021, 08:38 AM
Well, Brady is one thing but longevity ain't more impressive than a certain player who in just 11 full seasons, had more accolades than lebron and kobe combined. While retiring twice in his prime. That's real goat shit

Jordan 10 scoring titles to Lebron's 1 scoring title
Jordan 9 NBA defensive teams to Lebron's 5

Jordan 6 and 0 > Lebron 4 and 6.

And1AllDay
02-14-2021, 11:34 AM
Come ONNNN. Bran is 4 and 6 in the Finals. Brady is 7 and 3. Please don't compare them.

10 finals/superbowls

unprecendented in modern sports history

say it with me now