Rating: 125.8

These are Russell Wilson's numbers when he won the super bowl:

Score: Seahawks 43, Broncos 8
Completion: 18/25
Yards: 206
TD: 2
INT: 0
Rating: 123.1

Almost the exact same stats. Only difference? Brady won the MVP but when the Seahawks won they gave the MVP to some no name defensive player.

They should have given the MVP to someone on the Buc's defensive side just like they did when the Seahawks won.

But of course, just like in LeBum's case, they want to push the Brady narrative.

This is why MVP awards don't mean shit.

Bankaii
02-08-2021, 03:40 PM
What FMVP did lebron not deserve?

light
02-08-2021, 03:57 PM
Brady won MVP with these numbers:

Score: TB 31, KC 9
Completion: 21/29
Yards: 201
TD: 3

Almost the exact same stats. Only difference? Brady won the MVP but when the Seahawks won they gave the MVP to some no name defensive player.

They should have given the MVP to someone on the Buc's defensive side just like they did when the Seahawks won.

But of course, just like in LeBum's case, they want to push the Brady narrative.

If Brady only had 2 touchdowns he may not have won MVP. 3 touchdowns is a lot.

Malcolm Smith had an INT for TD, fumble recovery & 10 tackles and there was nobody on the Bucs defense that did all of that.

Hey Yo
02-08-2021, 04:01 PM

The score was already 29-0 in the 3rd quarter when Wilson threw his first TD pass. Then the score was 36-8 in the 4th when he threw his other TD pass. Brady did the opposite. His TD passes are what gave TB the lead(s)

Understand now, chico?

nineiron
02-08-2021, 04:05 PM
If Brady only had 2 touchdowns he may not have won MVP. 3 touchdowns is a lot.

Malcolm Smith had an INT for TD, fumble recovery & 10 tackles and there was nobody on the Bucs defense that did all of that.

sounds like a cop out to protect your boy Brady

nineiron
02-08-2021, 04:06 PM
The score was already 29-0 in the 3rd quarter when Wilson threw his first TD pass. Then the score was 36-8 in the 4th when he threw his other TD pass. Brady did the opposite. His TD passes are what gave TB the lead(s)

Understand now, chico?

who cares when he threw his first TD pass? Did you think the TD passes that Brady threw were spectacular? they were basic throws that any QB in the league could have made.

Hey Yo
02-08-2021, 04:14 PM
who cares when he threw his first TD pass? Did you think the TD passes that Brady threw were spectacular? they were basic throws that any QB in the league could have made.
Seattle pretty much had the game won when Wilson threw his TD passes. They had no impact on Seattle winning. Tom's had major impact on the outcome. Plus it's never mattered how good you look or the pass looks or how difficult the throw was when you throw a TD pass.

The stats and your impact on winning the game is was gets you SB MVP honors

nineiron
02-08-2021, 04:17 PM
Seattle pretty much had the game won when Wilson threw his TD passes. They had no impact on Seattle winning. Tom's had major impact on the outcome. Plus it's never mattered how good you look or the pass looks or how difficult the throw was when you throw a TD pass.

The stats and your impact on winning the game is was gets you SB MVP honors

i disagree. the biggest impact in yesterday's game were the 2 BS pass interference calls against KC.

maybe the refs should have gotten the mvp? just like Adam Silver should have won the MVP in the 2016 NBA finals

Hey Yo
02-08-2021, 04:50 PM
I didn't thing you were THAT ****ing dumb, but I can see why you have no choice but to flip burgers and live at home.

MaxPlayer
02-08-2021, 06:41 PM
Things that no longer mean shit thanks to LeBron:

-Advanced Stats
-Conference Titles
-Field Goal %
-Assists
-Playoff Records
-MVPs
-and now FMVPs

Manny98
02-08-2021, 10:12 PM
LeBron > Brady > Jordan

CelticBaller
02-08-2021, 11:17 PM
all the guys who scored were there because Brady was there

That's why he's MVP

Anyways Mahomes won last year with a worse statline

Real Men Wear Green
02-09-2021, 06:51 AM
OP is arguing Brady shouldn't get MVP without naming a different player that was more valuable. Instead choosing to complain because a different player in a different year didn't win it. And then somehow this proves that an award Lebron James won was undeserved...There's no real argument being made in this thread.

3ball
02-09-2021, 06:59 AM

Agreed.. Mahomes > Brady but Mahomes was scrambling around all game, while Brady was comfy in the pocket

TheGoatest
02-09-2021, 07:01 AM
LeBron haters getting extra desperate these days. Branching out to other sports because they can't stick to basketball. :roll:

And the hilarious thing is that if anyone 43 year-old Brady winning makes look bad, it's their 0 playoff appearances in the Eastern Conference at the age of 38-39 cult-leader Michael Jordan.

3ball
02-09-2021, 07:11 AM
LeBron haters getting extra desperate these days. Branching out to other sports because they can't stick to basketball. :roll:

And the hilarious thing is that if anyone 43 year-old Brady winning makes look bad, it's their 0 playoff appearances in the Eastern Conference at the age of 38-39 cult-leader Michael Jordan.

Football is more of a team game and quarterbacks don't have to be athletic like NBA shooting guards

Everyone knows that

Ultimately, everyone in history needed an equal-scoring teammate for half their rings.. only MJ won with a true 2nd option that scored far less.. this matters because equal-scoring teammates attract equal defensive attention, so only MJ faced "1-man team" defensive coverage for his entire career

Kenny Smith talks about mj being the only 1-man show here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4UF6Xx3F2Lo&t=01m54s

nineiron
02-09-2021, 10:17 AM

so you're comparing a shooting guard in the nba to a QB that sits in the pocket and never moves more than 10ft?

scuzzy
02-09-2021, 10:23 AM
so you're comparing a shooting guard in the nba to a QB that sits in the pocket and never moves more than 10ft?
That's what pro quarterbacks are suppose to do, read the defense, rely on their lineman, stay in the pocket, make quick decisions. You're from the era of Iverson and Bryant chucking 50 bricks a game so it's no surprise you think scrambling recklessly like Michael Vick is legendary

nineiron
02-09-2021, 10:25 AM
OP is arguing Brady shouldn't get MVP without naming a different player that was more valuable. Instead choosing to complain because a different player in a different year didn't win it. And then somehow this proves that an award Lebron James won was undeserved...There's no real argument being made in this thread.

pick anyone from the Bucs defence. how about Suh? does that make you feel better?

the point was that mvps don't mean shit because it doesn't always go to the most deserving player.

TheGoatest

All I'm doing is exposing which of the two (between LeBron and Jordan) Brady winning truly makes look bad IF you're going to compare apples and oranges (which only grow in North America), like some LeBron haters are trying to do and desperately try to use Brady's win to make LeBron look bad.

k0kakw0rld
That's what pro quarterbacks are suppose to do, read the defense, rely on their lineman, stay in the pocket, make quick decisions. You're from the era of Iverson and Bryant chucking 50 bricks a game so it's no surprise you think scrambling recklessly like Michael Vick is legendary
Quarterbacks are like golfers.

MaxPlayer
02-09-2021, 10:30 AM

They're more like darts players

scuzzy
02-09-2021, 10:30 AM
Golfing is one of the most skilled sport imo, up there with boxing/martial arts. That's why all the best athletes from every sport worldwide collectively play and try to perfect it themselves.

MJ would play 36 holes on gameday for years and his handicap is still shit

nineiron
02-09-2021, 10:32 AM
Golfing is one of the most skilled sport imo, up there with boxing/martial arts. That's why all the best athletes from every sport worldwide collectively play and try to perfect it themselves.

billiards and curling also require a lot of skill. do you consider them 'sports'?

do you need to be a good athlete to be good at golf?

and LMFAO at the bolded. you sir are retarded.

nineiron
02-09-2021, 10:35 AM

QBs are supposed to "stay in the pocket"? really?

you think Vick is the only one that can use his legs? what about Aaron Rodgers? Steve Young? Mahomes?

Brady won because of the defence. simple as that. just like when Seattle won. difference is that Brady got all the credit and Russell Wilson got none.

scuzzy
02-09-2021, 10:35 AM
Nigel you're a 5'6 midget who never played organized football. I'm not expecting you to understand how moving pieces on a NFL field work in real time

nineiron
02-09-2021, 10:37 AM
Nigel you're a 5'6 midget who never played organized football. I'm not expecting you to understand how moving pieces on a NFL field work in real time

if you knew anything about football you'd know there are more 5'6" players than you think.

scuzzy
02-09-2021, 10:39 AM
if you knew anything about football you'd know there are more 5'6" players than you think.
Not hispanic ones that work drivethru's

k0kakw0rld
02-09-2021, 10:45 AM
billiards and curling also require a lot of skill. do you consider them 'sports'?

do you need to be a good athlete to be good at golf?

and LMFAO at the bolded. you sir are retarded.
They really believe they are smart and that is a scary thing LOL

Real Men Wear Green
02-09-2021, 10:47 AM
pick anyone from the Bucs defence. how about Suh? does that make you feel better?

the point was that mvps don't mean shit because it doesn't always go to the most deserving player.

So "anyone" is more valuable than a quarterback throwing for an efficient 200 yards and 3 touchdowns? Do you have any understanding of how football works?

nineiron
02-09-2021, 11:07 AM
So "anyone" is more valuable than a quarterback throwing for an efficient 200 yards and 3 touchdowns? Do you have any understanding of how football works?

Russell Wilson was just as efficient and also threw for 200+ yards when the Seahawks won.

the Bucs held that KC offence to ZERO TD's. do you have any understanding of how football works?

Real Men Wear Green
02-09-2021, 11:14 AM
Russell Wilson was just as efficient and also threw for 200+ yards when the Seahawks won.

the Bucs held that KC offence to ZERO TD's. do you have any understanding of how football works?
Yes. For example I understand that the "P" in "MVP" stands for "Player." This is a single individual, not an entire unit. I also understand that Russell Wilson was not on the field last Sunday and was thus not a candidate. What happened the game he didn't win it has nothing to do with who should get it in that particular game. So if you want to put together an argument for why Suh's game was more valuable than Brady getting 200 yards and 3 touchdowns (haha) feel free but so far this has been a stupid topic.

nineiron
02-09-2021, 11:23 AM
Yes. For example I understand that the "P" in "MVP" stands for "Player." This is a single individual, not an entire unit. I also understand that Russell Wilson was not on the field last Sunday and was thus not a candidate. What happened the game he didn't win it has nothing to do with who should get it in that particular game. So if you want to put together an argument for why Suh's game was more valuable than Brady getting 200 yards and 3 touchdowns (haha) feel free but so far this has been a stupid topic.

when the Seahawks won I remember hearing the commentators say they should give the MVP to the Seahawks' defence. they chose someone since they have to give it to a player.

Brady's numbers were average. any QB could have made those routine passes.

Bucs' defence was spectacular.

1987_Lakers
02-09-2021, 11:29 AM

Understand now, chico?

/thread

nineiron
02-09-2021, 11:38 AM
what about all the throws that Wilson made in the drives? those don't count because Lynch ran it in from 2 yards out?

Wilson's numbers were on par with Brady's and they gave the MVP to some defensive scrub.

Real Men Wear Green
02-09-2021, 11:48 AM
when the Seahawks won I remember hearing the commentators say they should give the MVP to the Seahawks' defence. they chose someone since they have to give it to a player.

Brady's numbers were average. any QB could have made those routine passes.

Bucs' defence was spectacular.

We just went over this. The defense is a unit. The MVP award goes to a player. So the Buc defense gets a lot of respect but it isn't eligible for the award. You want to give that amazing argument for why Suh is more valuable than Brady go ahead.

nineiron
02-09-2021, 11:51 AM
We just went over this. The defense is a unit. The MVP award goes to a player. So the Buc defense gets a lot of respect but it isn't eligible for the award. You want to give that amazing argument for why Suh is more valuable than Brady go ahead.

why don't you give the amazing argument for why Malcolm Smith was more valuable than Wilson? go ahead.

tpols
02-09-2021, 11:53 AM

The bucs was a team effort but there are situations where a defensive player was the best player on the field and won the MVP. Like when Von Miller and Ray Lewis won it. Offense is a unit too. Julian Edelman won the MVP just two years ago.

nineiron
02-09-2021, 11:57 AM
The bucs was a team effort but there are situations where a defensive player was the best player on the field and won the MVP. Like when Von Miller and Ray Lewis won it. Offense is a unit too. Julian Edelman won the MVP just two years ago.

there was no way they could have denied Edelman for that MVP.

Brady's numbers were bad: 21/35 with a 71.4 rating and ZERO TDs
Edelman had 10 receptions for 141 yards and made that miracle catch (on a very bad throw) to pretty much win them the game.

i'm sure they were still debating whether or not to give it to Brady. and if Edelman was a black man, i'm certain they would have given it to Brady instead.

Real Men Wear Green
02-09-2021, 12:23 PM
why don't you give the amazing argument for why Malcolm Smith was more valuable than Wilson? go ahead.
I don't have to, it's a different game and not something I'm arguing for. You are the one promoting the silly premise that somehow Suh is more valuable than Brady.

Real Men Wear Green
02-09-2021, 12:26 PM
Ok. And what does that have to do with my argument? I never said that a defensive player can't win an MVP award. And the Edelman award has even less to do with anything.

nineiron
02-09-2021, 12:34 PM
I don't have to, it's a different game and not something I'm arguing for. You are the one promoting the silly premise that somehow Suh is more valuable than Brady.

i gave Suh as a random defensive player that they could have awarded the MVP to, just like they did with Malcolm Smith.

I'm promoting the premise that it was the Bucs' defence that won that game, just like when the Seahawks won. that's why Brady doesn't deserve the MVP, just like Wilson didn't.

tpols
02-09-2021, 12:48 PM
Ok. And what does that have to do with my argument? I never said that a defensive player can't win an MVP award. And the Edelman award has even less to do with anything.

The Edelman award has everything to do with your argument. You said defense is a unit and implied offense isn't. Which is a dumb thing to say. If Brady didn't have the most elite core of receivers to throw to, he wouldn't have the performance he did. So they are a unit too.

nineiron
02-09-2021, 12:55 PM
The Edelman award has everything to do with your argument. You said defense is a unit and implied offense isn't. Which is a dumb thing to say. If Brady didn't have the most elite core of receivers to throw to, he wouldn't have the performance he did. So they are a unit too.

true, but even with that elite core of receivers, his numbers weren't that impressive (200yds). even though the refs gifted him those 2 crucial pass interference calls

that Bucs defence won the game.

Real Men Wear Green
02-09-2021, 01:07 PM
i gave Suh as a random defensive player that they could have awarded the MVP to, just like they did with Malcolm Smith.

I'm promoting the premise that it was the Bucs' defence that won that game, just like when the Seahawks won. that's why Brady doesn't deserve the MVP, just like Wilson didn't.
You have yet to process the fact that the defense is a group of players and MVP is an individual award. Was the Buc defense the primary reason? Very possible, certainly you don't normally see the Chiefs held to 9 points. Doesn't matter. MVP is an individual award. This should not be this difficult to understand. So if you can point out an individual Buc that was a "more valuable player" (good luck) then there may be a real argument.

Real Men Wear Green
02-09-2021, 01:09 PM
No I did not imply that offense isn't a unit. That is a dumb thing to say and you're a dumb poster for saying it. Don't invent an argument stupid enough for you to argue with and then try to argue with me as if I said it. I did not.

tpols
02-09-2021, 01:26 PM
true, but even with that elite core of receivers, his numbers weren't that impressive (200yds). even though the refs gifted him those 2 crucial pass interference calls

that Bucs defence won the game.

yea... tbh the real MVP of the Super Bowl this year was the refs in that 2nd quarter. They should be handed the trophy, and the league should be ashamed of itself for not allowing a classic back and forth battle. Bucs still might've won, but if that Mathieu interception in Bucs territory wasn't fraudalently overturned it's very conceivable the Chiefs could've been up at half time or only down 3. The refs really protected Brady when it mattered most in this years game.

nineiron
02-09-2021, 02:27 PM
yea... tbh the real MVP of the Super Bowl this year was the refs in that 2nd quarter. They should be handed the trophy, and the league should be ashamed of itself for not allowing a classic back and forth battle. Bucs still might've won, but if that Mathieu interception in Bucs territory wasn't fraudalently overturned it's very conceivable the Chiefs could've been up at half time or only down 3. The refs really protected Brady when it mattered most in this years game.

tell me about it. so obvious too. also the 2 PI calls where they were clearly uncatchable throws.

nineiron
02-09-2021, 02:33 PM
No I did not imply that offense isn't a unit. That is a dumb thing to say and you're a dumb poster for saying it. Don't invent an argument stupid enough for you to argue with and then try to argue with me as if I said it. I did not.

honestly, Gronk deserved MVP more than Brady

nineiron
02-09-2021, 02:44 PM
or how about the Buc's offensive line? Brady sat in that pocket and could have ate a sandwich there for most of the game.

but of course, you won't hear the media talking about it.

Hey Yo
02-09-2021, 02:51 PM
https://p3y6v9e6.stackpathcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/zikoko/2020/02/angry.gif

3ball
02-09-2021, 02:56 PM
Lebron isn't "the best" at anything, otoh:

* the best ring count in 3-pointer basketball history as the best player is Jordan's 6

* the best team ceiling/Finals record is Jordan's 6/6

* the best FMVP count is Jordan's 6

* the best scorer ever is Jordan

* the best production rate (stats) of all-time is Jordan (#1 PER, BPM, WS/48, VORP)

* the best mid-range and 2-point jumpshooter ever is MJ, based on goat volume and goat efficiency

* the best fadeaway is Jordan's (3 straight scoring titles from 96-98' on fadeaways)

* and MJ is the only all-time-level athlete that was an elite jumpshooter too... aka the best shooter-athlete

* the best combo leaper (1 or 2 legs)

See a trend here?... Jordan was the best at things like winning and skills, so he's goat, whereas lebron isn't the best at anything.

Ultimately, rings with equal-scoring partners (1b's) are less than rings with 2nd options and Jordan has the most rings with 2nd options.... everyone in history needed an equal-scoring teammate for half their rings (1b), except Jordan, who won 6 rings with a true 2nd option that averaged far less for every playoff run... teammate scoring matters because equal-scoring teammates attract equal defensive attention, so only MJ faced "1-man team" defensive coverage for his entire career, thus giving him maximum ring quality and stat quality.

nineiron
02-09-2021, 03:00 PM
Lebron isn't "the best" at anything, otoh:

* the best ring count in 3-pointer basketball history (as the best player) is Jordan's 6

* the best team ceiling/Finals record is Jordan's 6/6

* the best FMVP count is Jordan's 6

* the best scorer ever is Jordan (#1 PPG and #1 points per possession efficiency)

* the best production rate (stats) of all-time is Jordan (#1 PER, BPM, WS/48, VORP)

* the best mid-range/2-point jumpshooter ever is MJ, based on goat volume and goat efficiency

* the best fadeaway is Jordan's (3 straight scoring titles from 96-98' on fadeaways)

* and MJ is the only all-time-level athlete that was an elite jumpshooter too... aka the best shooter-athlete

* the best combo leaper (1 or 2 legs)

See a trend here?... Jordan was the best at things like winning and skills, so he's goat, whereas lebron isn't the best at anything.

Ultimately, rings with equal-scoring partners (1b's) are less than rings with 2nd options and Jordan has the most rings with 2nd options.... everyone in history needed an equal-scoring teammate for half their rings (1b), except Jordan, who won 6 rings with a true 2nd option that averaged far less for every playoff run... teammate scoring matters because equal-scoring teammates attract equal defensive attention, so only MJ faced "1-man team" defensive coverage for his entire career, thus giving him maximum ring quality and stat quality.

LeBron is the best at b1tching about fouls when he's actually the one committing the offensive foul

nineiron
02-09-2021, 03:09 PM
KC was charged with 11 penalties
TB was charged with 4

the NFL is not much different than the NBA I see. protecting their golden boys

aj1987
02-09-2021, 08:58 PM
tpols, nineiron, and 3ball proving yet again why LeBron haters have the combined IQ or a braindead rodent.

nineiron
02-10-2021, 10:18 AM
the 8 penalties for 95 yards called against KC in the first half is a super bowl record.

Brady is as manufactured as Lebron.

CelticBaller
02-10-2021, 12:03 PM
all the guys who scored were there because Brady was there

That's why he's MVP

Anyways Mahomes won last year with a worse statline

funny how OP ignores this comment

LAmbruh
02-10-2021, 12:04 PM
20four piece Mcnugget, large Coke light on the ice. Thanks

nineiron
02-10-2021, 12:29 PM
funny how OP ignores this comment

so Brady is the GM? is there a GM of the year award? maybe he should get that instead since he's a better GM than he is a QB.

Wally450
02-10-2021, 01:23 PM
so Brady is the GM? is there a GM of the year award? maybe he should get that instead since he's a better GM than he is a QB.

It's been 3 days and you're still melting down over a QB on a basketball forum.

Sheesh.