PDA

View Full Version : Who is Utah Jazz MVP?

Nike D'Antoni
02-10-2021, 01:24 AM
Who is Utah Jazz MVP? And does he deserve to be in talks for league MVP with Lebron/Embiid due to team record.

Xiao Yao You
02-10-2021, 01:25 AM
Conley and Gobert. Best team. Two of the best players

Xiao Yao You
02-10-2021, 01:27 AM
Magic Johnson: The Tier One MVP candidates are LeBron James, Steph Curry, Joel Embiid, KD, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Luka Dončić, Nikola Jokić, and Kawhi Leonard (http://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1359152652098109449).
– via Twitter MagicJohnson (https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson)

Magic Johnson: Tier Two MVP candidates are Jaylen Brown, Damian Lillard, AD, Paul George, Jayson Tatum, and Bradley Beal (http://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1359152805823537154).
– via Twitter MagicJohnson (https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson)

:roll:

theaussieguy
02-10-2021, 01:37 AM
Not sure but Jingles is the heart and soul of this team. Pure hustle, pure glue, pure selflessness.

Xiao Yao You
02-10-2021, 01:38 AM
Not sure but Jingles is the heart and soul of this team. Pure hustle, pure glue, pure selflessness.

aussie guy voting for the aussie

fourkicks44
02-10-2021, 01:48 AM
Hmm interesting proposition.

Can LeBron still get the MVP if the Lakers don't have the 1st seed?

Axe
02-10-2021, 01:49 AM
Baguette biyombo?

highwhey
02-10-2021, 01:52 AM

i agree, joe ingles is the man on this team. all his peers look up to him.

for that reason, i voted for joe ingles.

tanibanana
02-10-2021, 02:00 AM
There is no clear MVP of this team...
Ingles bring character/mentality, Gobert his rim protection, Mitchell his scoring, Conley/Bojan brings balance to the team, Clarkson for his spark of the bench. I voted Mitchell though, come playoffs, game-7 series clinching shot, ball should be in the hands of Mitchell.

AussieSteve
02-10-2021, 02:06 AM
aussie guy voting for the aussie

I also voted for Joe Ingles

Xiao Yao You
02-10-2021, 02:07 AM
i agree, joe ingles is the man on this team. all his peers look up to him.

for that reason, i voted for joe ingles.

No excuse for a non Aussie :facepalm

Xiao Yao You
02-10-2021, 02:08 AM
There is no clear MVP of this team...
Ingles bring character/mentality, Gobert his rim protection, Mitchell his scoring, Conley/Bojan brings balance to the team, Clarkson for his spark of the bench. I voted Mitchell though, come playoffs, game-7 series clinching shot, ball should be in the hands of Mitchell.

Ball should be in Conley's hands

Stanley Kobrick
02-10-2021, 02:11 AM
quin "give me the ball and get the heck out of my way" snyder

NBAGOAT
02-10-2021, 02:14 AM
Going Conley. He’s playing at a cp3/Lowry level this year.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-10-2021, 02:26 AM
Quin Snyder easily

Callystarr
02-10-2021, 02:41 AM
I must say Donovan/Rudy have played well with Conley out.
However, Conleys impact has been stunning this season. The ball moves more fluid, and he penetrates the basket more effectively than Donovan.

Def going with Mike

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-10-2021, 02:47 AM
However, Conleys impact has been stunning this season. The ball moves more fluid, and he penetrates the basket more effectively than Donovan.

Def going with Mike

No Conley no problem

2-0 without him and outscored Charlotte the rest of the way after he left game the game with injury

Xiao Yao You
02-10-2021, 02:51 AM

Def going with Mike

and it's on the defensive end where he's made the biggest difference. Jazz offense was great a year ago. The D wasn't and Conley seemed small out there. He's played big this year

Xiao Yao You
02-10-2021, 02:52 AM
No Conley no problem

2-0 without him and outscored Charlotte the rest of the way after he left game the game with injury

Yeah but he's been missed. Still more replaceable than Gobert and maybe even O'Neale who's yet to be mentioned despite the huge role he plays as their PF/perimeter stopper

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-10-2021, 02:56 AM
Yeah but he's been missed. Still more replaceable than Gobert and maybe even O'Neale who's yet to be mentioned despite the huge role he plays as their PF/perimeter stopper

Probably cause Royce cant actually guard most good scorers in that height/size frame

Ingram, Jaylen, Bran, Luka etc routinely torch him

Ingles does a much better job on those guys

Nike D'Antoni
02-12-2021, 11:58 PM
Man, they are impressive as ****.

RRR3
02-13-2021, 12:04 AM
Xiao not voting for Gobert :biggums:

What sorcery is this?

Xiao Yao You
02-13-2021, 12:09 AM

What sorcery is this?

Rudy finally getting some help.

fourkicks44
02-13-2021, 12:14 AM

What sorcery is this?

If there is one thing that rivals Xiao's love for Gobert, it is his hatred of Rubio.

His new love of Connelly should be no surprise :oldlol:

KissMySwag
02-13-2021, 12:16 AM
NGL I haven't watched but maybe >15 Jazz games so far. I voted for Conley but if I could've done two votes it would be one for Conley and one for Gobert. I honestly wanted to go Gobert but i felt like Conley brings so much to the table thats underrated although Gobert gets the same treatment I feel like Conley's improvement in the system has made the difference. Gobert has always been the man on the Jazz and Don gets a lot of the credit but Conley has adapted to the system very well and I think he's the difference maker this year if anyone is actually watching these games. I understand if we lean Gobert but its Conley or Gobert IMO don is doing his thing but he's not the difference maker IMO.

Xiao Yao You
02-13-2021, 12:19 AM
If there is one thing that rivals Xiao's love for Gobert, it is his hatred of Rubio.

His new love of Connelly should be no surprise :oldlol:

When your best player is a rim runner Ricky made no sense. Hill was arguably their best player his first month before he hurt his toe. Go from that to Ricky :facepalm

Xiao Yao You
02-13-2021, 12:23 AM
NGL I haven't watched but maybe >15 Jazz games so far. I voted for Conley but if I could've done two votes it would be one for Conley and one for Gobert. I honestly wanted to go Gobert but i felt like Conley brings so much to the table thats underrated although Gobert gets the same treatment I feel like Conley's improvement in the system has made the difference. Gobert has always been the man on the Jazz and Don gets a lot of the credit but Conley has adapted to the system very well and I think he's the difference maker this year if anyone is actually watching these games. I understand if we lean Gobert but its Conley or Gobert IMO don is doing his thing but he's not the difference maker IMO.

Conley's improvement on D has been the difference

Xiao Yao You
02-13-2021, 12:23 AM
Ingles tied for lead! :roll:

hold this L
02-13-2021, 12:28 AM
Is it maybe a little disrespectful that Jazz are the runaway #1s in the league and yet none of their players even make the top 10 list for MVP?

Nike D'Antoni
02-13-2021, 12:31 AM
Ingles tied for lead! :roll:

because voters are divided, and the Aussie block is voting together.

Xiao Yao You
02-13-2021, 12:33 AM
Is it maybe a little disrespectful that Jazz are the runaway #1s in the league and yet none of their players even make the top 10 list for MVP?

it's expected. Gobert has been one of the most valuable for years. Jazz aren't i the playoffs without him. Magic Johnson has Beal and no Jazz emn on his list :roll:

Xiao Yao You
02-13-2021, 12:34 AM
because voters are divided, and the Aussie block is voting together.

there should only be two guys to vote for. The rest is noise

GOBB
02-13-2021, 08:52 AM
Going Conley. He’s playing at a cp3/Lowry level this year.

16-6 = cp3 level? Yikes. This is like the Hall of really good players.

HBK_Kliq_2
02-13-2021, 10:41 AM
Gobert is basically Tim Duncan if you take away the #1 pick hype and a few post moves and backboard shots. So I would say it's Gobert.

Akeem34TheDream
02-13-2021, 10:57 AM
Gobert is basically Tim Duncan if you take away the #1 pick hype and a few post moves and backboard shots. So I would say it's Gobert.

You have said many stupid things but this is probably your worst take.

HBK_Kliq_2
02-13-2021, 11:17 AM
You have said many stupid things but this is probably your worst take.

Duncan was never an elite offensive player. He was lucky to have great offensive players around him like Manu.

Replace Duncan with Gobert on those spurs 2005/2007 teams and I see them still winning the title. Parker/Manu were the offensive engine like Mitchell/Conley are.

Akeem34TheDream
02-13-2021, 12:53 PM
Duncan was never an elite offensive player. He was lucky to have great offensive players around him like Manu.

Replace Duncan with Gobert on those spurs 2005/2007 teams and I see them still winning the title. Parker/Manu were the offensive engine like Mitchell/Conley are.

Manu&Parker>Mitchell&Conley
Duncan>Gobert
Spurs>Jazz
Not so hard.

8Ball
02-13-2021, 01:41 PM

As long as Lakers have better record than Philly its a wrap.

Vino24
02-13-2021, 01:49 PM
Bojan Bogdanovic Is the difference. His 3pt shooting opens up the floor

GOBB
02-13-2021, 02:04 PM

No you don’t see them winning titles in place of Duncan with Rudy. You’re tripping. Duncan doesn’t have to be an elite scorer. He gives the Spurs 20 or more ppg and commands a double team. Somehow that doesn’t matter just replace Rudy and wallah same results. Foh

Xiao Yao You
02-13-2021, 03:06 PM
Manu&Parker>Mitchell&Conley
Duncan>Gobert
Spurs>Jazz
Not so hard.

Parker wasn't better than Conley

Xiao Yao You
02-13-2021, 03:07 PM
Bojan Bogdanovic Is the difference. His 3pt shooting opens up the floor

Xiao Yao You
02-13-2021, 03:08 PM
No you don’t see them winning titles in place of Duncan with Rudy. You’re tripping. Duncan doesn’t have to be an elite scorer. He gives the Spurs 20 or more ppg and commands a double team. Somehow that doesn’t matter just replace Rudy and wallah same results. Foh

If you actually watched games defenses collapse on Rudy as well to prevent him dunking. They aren't leading the league in 3's by coincidence

RRR3
02-13-2021, 03:12 PM
If you actually watched games defenses collapse on Rudy as well to prevent him dunking. They aren't leading the league in 3's by coincidence
:facepalm

You seriously think Toody is a Tim Duncan level player. My god.

Xiao Yao You
02-13-2021, 03:22 PM
:facepalm

You seriously think Toody is a Tim Duncan level player. My god.

Different players. Spurs won with defense. Does their defense suffer if Gobert replaces Duncan? Not hard to imagine other players stepping up in other areas without Duncan. He didn't carry them by himself

RRR3
02-13-2021, 03:25 PM
Different players. Spurs won with defense. Does their defense suffer if Gobert replaces Duncan? Not hard to imagine other players stepping up in other areas without Duncan. He didn't carry them by himself
This is a 3ball level post. No one thinks Rudy isn’t a legitimate all star level player because he obviously is but Duncan is a consensus top 10 GOAT. Not a comparison.

Xiao Yao You
02-13-2021, 03:34 PM
This is a 3ball level post. No one thinks Rudy isn’t a legitimate all star level player because he obviously is but Duncan is a consensus top 10 GOAT. Not a comparison.

Until last year many thought he wasn't an all star level player despite being an all NBA player! :roll:

Wasn't comparing. It was asked if the Spurs could win with Rudy. Not hard to imagine. The defense is still great. Pop adjusts the offense as he's done before. The 2014 Spurs is probably the best comparison for the current Jazz

imdaman99
02-13-2021, 05:37 PM
Let it be known that my vote put Rudy into the lead :rockon:

Xiao Yao You
02-13-2021, 05:56 PM
Let it be known that my vote put Rudy into the lead :rockon:

the fact that anyone but Conley and Gobert is even eligible makes it a bit of a joke anyway

light
02-14-2021, 03:58 AM

He can if the #1 seed is the Jazz and the 2nd seeded Lakers have a better record than any team in the East.

There is no MVP contender on the Jazz, they're like the 2015 Hawks.

AD's slide and achilles will factor in that case.

Akeem34TheDream
02-14-2021, 04:40 AM
It is Georges Niang.

Xiao Yao You
02-14-2021, 06:40 AM
It is Georges Niang.

tonite he might have a case!

k0kakw0rld
02-14-2021, 08:22 AM
Everybody needs to shut the **** up.

It's Donovan Mitchell's team.

AD was outperforming Lebron last season but y'all were claiming Lebron should win MVP.

Donovan Mitchell is the man whether you like it or nah. Remove him from the lineup and they ain't winning shit.
Stop trying to be different by saying nonsense like (It's Conley) Like shut up, the man isn't even playing because of injuries.

k0kakw0rld
02-14-2021, 08:24 AM
This forum is full of imbeciles.

JEFF IS BAD AT RUNNING IT AS WELL AND REFUSES THE HELP OF COMPETENT POSTERS.

Xiao Yao You
02-14-2021, 08:35 AM
Everybody needs to shut the **** up.

It's Donovan Mitchell's team.

AD was outperforming Lebron last season but y'all were claiming Lebron should win MVP.

Donovan Mitchell is the man whether you like it or nah. Remove him from the lineup and they ain't winning shit.
Stop trying to be different by saying nonsense like (It's Conley) Like shut up, the man isn't even playing because of injuries.

Conley or Gobert is the only answer

k0kakw0rld
02-14-2021, 08:38 AM
Conley or Gobert is the only answer
Conley is injured. SHUT THE **** UP MORON .

Vino24
02-14-2021, 10:04 AM

You guys are a 2nd round team at best without him

Nike D'Antoni
02-20-2021, 01:33 AM
https://www.nba.com/news/category/kia-race-to-the-mvp-ladder

NBA race to MVP, Mitchell is 6th. No mentions of Gobert, or Conley. I am starting to think it's Mitchell.

Xiao Yao You
02-20-2021, 01:35 AM
https://www.nba.com/news/category/kia-race-to-the-mvp-ladder

NBA race to MVP, Mitchell is 6th. No mentions of Gobert, or Conley. I am starting to think it's Mitchell.

It's not. Pretty much lost this one with his shitty play in the first again