PDA

View Full Version : "We’re the team that is battling against so many odds.” - Kyrie Irving

Stanley Kobrick
02-10-2021, 07:53 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/9fZjZhcv/yjktgyhkjgh.jpg

https://twitter.com/ajayibrowne/status/1359335373835542534?s=21

scuzzy
02-10-2021, 08:01 AM
https://twitter.com/ajayibrowne/status/1359349238078005248

:lol

Real Men Wear Green
02-10-2021, 08:54 AM
He's right. Who else has to deal with a star point guard that will just leave for a week or two without telling anybody in the middle of the season?

scuzzy
02-10-2021, 09:00 AM
He's right. Who else has to deal with a star point guard that will just leave for a week or two without telling anybody in the middle of the season?
https://i.postimg.cc/7P22j9gH/14859637-86d4-4af1-9aa5-f5ca37ee1df9.png

LAmbruh
02-10-2021, 09:36 AM
the hardest road :lol

highwhey
02-10-2021, 10:56 AM
https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/stopitslime.png

Stephonit
02-10-2021, 11:27 AM
On a superficial level this is a riot. Very funny. But after having a good chortle and stepping back a bit, I hope enough people will be generous enough to take him at his word or at least the feelings they are conveying and beg off from digging into him further.

Airupthere
02-10-2021, 11:47 AM
He's acting like they're the only ones.

AirBonner
02-10-2021, 12:14 PM
Celtics have played two games with their entire starting lineup healthy. Fvck off Kyrie

tpols
02-10-2021, 12:19 PM
A true underdog story. Kyrie "Wilt" Irving trying to lead his team to victory. Harden needs to put his foot on the gas and stop trying to be magic johnson for a few games. We need some dual 30 point games from these two fellas. Kyrie has already led a team to the championship so perhaps his tutelage could help James out a bit.

scuzzy
02-10-2021, 12:23 PM
A true underdog story. Kyrie "Wilt" Irving trying to lead his team to victory. Harden needs to put his foot on the gas and stop trying to be magic johnson for a few games. We need some dual 30 point games from these two fellas. Kyrie has already led a team to the championship so perhaps his tutelage could help James out a bit.
https://media.giphy.com/media/P4jzJOE11IARa/giphy.gif

Real Men Wear Green
02-10-2021, 12:28 PM
On a superficial level this is a riot. Very funny. But after having a good chortle and stepping back a bit, I hope enough people will be generous enough to take him at his word or at least the feelings they are conveying and beg off from digging into him further.
Tell him to call me up next time he's in Boston and we can have a good cry.

light
02-10-2021, 12:41 PM
Kyrie can't say anything without sounding self absorbed and delusional.

tpols
02-10-2021, 01:13 PM
Tell him to call me up next time he's in Boston and we can have a good cry.

How's Kemba and Terry Rozier working out for you, champ?

Real Men Wear Green
02-10-2021, 01:22 PM

Rozier isn't here but the team got further with both players than they did with Irving. You may not know this but the only thing memorable about Irving's time in Boston is him grabbing a microphone and lying.

Stanley Kobrick
02-10-2021, 01:35 PM
oh wow, that user tpols still thinks Terry Rozier plays for Boston. i always figured he was a box score peddler who doesn't watch games, now it's confirmed

MaxPlayer
02-10-2021, 01:38 PM
the hardest road :lol

:roll:

light
02-10-2021, 01:49 PM

You kind of have a point but I think a problem that may arise there is that Harden increasing his shot attempts would give Kyrie much anxiety (is he going to take my job!? do they think he's a better option than me!?).

Kyrie prefers clearly defined roles where his clearly defined role is as the #1 option.

He's is a lot like Michael Jordan in that encroaching on his shot attempts produces this reaction:

https://i.gifer.com/7Kay.gif

It's very toxic.

tpols
02-10-2021, 01:54 PM
Rozier isn't here but the team got further with both players than they did with Irving. You may not know this but the only thing memorable about Irving's time in Boston is him grabbing a microphone and lying.

You could sure use Kyrie's 28/6/5 right now. He's healthy and popping off now. :pimp:

AirBonner
02-10-2021, 01:58 PM
You could sure use Kyrie's 28/6/5 right now. He's healthy and popping off now. :pimp:

And all his defensive assignments average that too

tpols
02-10-2021, 02:02 PM
And all his defensive assignments average that too

He's +8 in the splits. His defense has been below average but his offense has been Magic / Nash level aka ~120+ ORTG.

So he's still a big net positive, my friend.

Kemba has just as bad defensive metrics, yet produces on 101 ORTG. Yikes. That's awful.

Real Men Wear Green
02-10-2021, 02:03 PM

Not if his personality comes with it. Celtics don't need a guy leaving for two weeks without telling anyone. And how much of that comes at the expense of Tatum and Brown? Offense isn't the problem here. Irving is the better player but he's not worth the drama. The Celtics results with and without him illustrated that clearly.

Micku
02-10-2021, 02:19 PM
This reminds me of both the big 3 in Miami Heat and KD's statement when going to the Warriors.

When Miami was struggling, LeBron said, "We knew it wasn't going to be easy." That's bullshit. He went specifically cuz he wanted it to be easy.

With KD, he said "Going to the warriors was the toughest route to go." Some bullshit.

The Nets got a big 3. They can be the best offense the league has ever seen. They got no defense. Plain and simple. And they are missing KD haha.

light
02-10-2021, 02:31 PM
This reminds me of both the big 3 in Miami Heat and KD's statement when going to the Warriors.

When Miami was struggling, LeBron said, "We knew it wasn't going to be easy." That's bullshit. He went specifically cuz he wanted it to be easy.

With KD, he said "Going to the warriors was the toughest route to go." Some bullshit.

No you're wrong. It was not about wanting it to be easy. It was about wanting a chance.

Back in Cleveland he was often outnumbered or outgunned by the likes of a Garnett, Pierce, Allen, Rondo superteam for example or the Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Bowen (later Kawhi) dynasty. Even the Orlando Magic had a lot more depth than the Cavs.

Here's a recent picture of the guy that led the Cavs in playoff minutes in 2009.

https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/sporting_news/b9/1c/delonte-west-ftr_1g4xu7pt932np1rmlkg7bkespe.png?t=-864349073&quality=100

LAL
02-10-2021, 02:53 PM
No you're wrong. It was not about wanting it to be easy. It was about wanting a chance.

Back in Cleveland he was often outnumbered or outgunned by the likes of a Garnett, Pierce, Allen, Rondo superteam for example or the Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Bowen (later Kawhi) dynasty. Even the Orlando Magic had a lot more depth than the Cavs.

Here's a recent picture of the guy that led the Cavs in playoff minutes in 2009.

https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/sporting_news/b9/1c/delonte-west-ftr_1g4xu7pt932np1rmlkg7bkespe.png?t=-864349073&quality=100

Is that Gloria James's ex?

hold this L
02-10-2021, 02:55 PM
When is KD back?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-10-2021, 03:10 PM
Dealing with the refs he says... Yeah, playing with another star KNOWN for getting calls sounds rough.

Then having to play with KD? One of the GOAT scorers? How does Kyrie find the inner strength? :confusedshrug:

RRR3
02-10-2021, 03:25 PM
Ttarded thinks Rozier is still on the Celtics :lol

Eeyikes.

Gudo
02-10-2021, 03:53 PM

The Nets got a big 3. They can be the best offense the league has ever seen. They got no defense. Plain and simple. And they are missing KD haha.

Boom! Exactly.

And more recently Lebron complainign about the bubble last year.

“ LeBron says 'bubble' season the toughest challenge of career”

Wtf. Being a nba player is a priviledged job. Tell that challenge to the engineers stuck in oil platforms for months. Or soldiers sacrificing their lives on assignments. Medical doctors, nurses having to deal with schedules working during the pandemic. Toughest challenge my ass.

His toughest challenge waa to win in CLE before joining MIA. And the way he went about that challenge was to leave CLE.

Airupthere
02-10-2021, 04:00 PM
Boom! Exactly.

Wtf. Being a nba player is a priviledged job. Tell that challenge to the engineers stuck in oil platforms for months. Or soldiers sacrificing their lives on assignments. Medical doctors, nurses having to deal with schedules working during the pandemic. Toughest challenge my ass.

His toughest challenge waa to win in CLE before joining MIA. And the way he went about that challenge was to leave CLE.

:applause:

fourkicks44
02-10-2021, 04:02 PM
This is funny af :oldlol:

What did the refs do that pissed him off so much?

At least Durant got half a game.

The Sixers had to suit up and activate an injured Mike Scott just so they could have enough player to start the game.

Then half the Philadelphia team are forced to sit out for over a week with Silver refusing to postpone any of their games.

All this and they are still top of the east.

So f"CK off Kyrie you little bitch, it ain't all about you. Stop making excuses cause you suck and you team is an absolute joke.

Pipes2.0
02-10-2021, 04:55 PM
Boom! Exactly.

This isn't even about Lebron but you couldn't really help yourself in obsessing about the guy, can you?

I haven't read the entire context of that statement but I am rational enough to think that he is saying that relative to his previous NBA seasons and experiences. He didn't say his job was a lot tougher compared to frontliners or other noble professions.

All the mental gymnastics to convince yourself in hating the guy is honestly just sad and pathetic.

Gudo
02-10-2021, 05:13 PM
This isn't even about Lebron but you couldn't really help yourself in obsessing about the guy, can you?

I haven't read the entire context of that statement but I am rational enough to think that he is saying that relative to his previous NBA seasons and experiences. He didn't say his job was a lot tougher compared to frontliners or other noble professions.

All the mental gymnastics to convince yourself in hating the guy is honestly just sad and pathetic.

The post before cites examples of superstars like Kyrie who saying these are the toughest of situations when they are not. Some things have to be worked out but Kyrie having KD and Harden, with everyone having to deal with the same challenges of the covid, is not the worst place that he could be in.

I don’t hate Lebron and I have him as one of the top players of all time. But I can’t support it when players try to make it sound so heroic when they are living privileged lives. I don’t know if the purpose is to excuse why things arent working out as advertised yet, or it is just a setup to get more credit when things finally get going, or if they just honestly feel that way. Its not just Lebron, but the previous post already cited KD and this thread obviously already talks about Kyrie.

Axe
02-10-2021, 05:20 PM
You kind of have a point but I think a problem that may arise there is that Harden increasing his shot attempts would give Kyrie much anxiety (is he going to take my job!? do they think he's a better option than me!?).

Kyrie prefers clearly defined roles where his clearly defined role is as the #1 option.

He's is a lot like Michael Jordan in that encroaching on his shot attempts produces this reaction:

https://i.gifer.com/7Kay.gif

It's very toxic.
You clearly sound like a beggar who only makes crazy post like this for some $.

Axe
02-10-2021, 05:25 PM
oh wow, that user tpols still thinks Terry Rozier plays for Boston. i always figured he was a box score peddler who doesn't watch games, now it's confirmed
1-9ball disciple being delusional is real :(

red1
02-10-2021, 05:59 PM

:oldlol:

SATAN
02-10-2021, 07:02 PM
I hope Irving next even makes the playoffs ever again. **** this guy.

Bronbron23
02-10-2021, 07:25 PM
Kyrie has mental health issues. Dude is so weird

Manny98
02-10-2021, 07:30 PM
The pressure of being the heavy favourites to make it out of the East is starting to get to him

8Ball
02-10-2021, 07:38 PM
Boom! Exactly.

GTFO with this crap.

His bubble season was the toughest playoffs ever. Which NBA players had to go through that historically to fight for a championship? Months without seeing your family.

Only the mentally strongest survived that. Every single player eventually hated it.

Jordan would have retired during the bubble.

Axe
02-10-2021, 08:37 PM
GTFO with this crap.

His bubble season was the toughest playoffs ever. Which NBA players had to go through that historically to fight for a championship? Months without seeing your family.

Only the mentally strongest survived that. Every single player eventually hated it.

Jordan would have retired during the bubble.
Hbk dimwit would agree with this. Apparently it was the reason why the clippers had to blow their 3-1 lead against 7'1 windhorst, because kawhit got so depressed playing in the bubble, despite the fact that other players underwent the same conditions while they were still playing in it. :oldlol:

And he said that he'll be leaving the message board after the choke but he lied and stayed because he said it's just the bubble. What a foolish freak that jizzrag is.

8Ball
02-10-2021, 08:45 PM
I agree.

The bubble got to the Clippers. Every player talked about they were isolated in their hotel rooms, can't bring guests in, can't go out. Can't see their families for months. After a loss the walls cave in and they have no release.

The food was garbage too. You saw what they had to eat there?

Which other year did NBA players have to go through that to win a championship? None.

You have to compare this bubble season to other nba seasons. Comparing the bubble season to what some engineer on an oil rig is going through is ridiculous.

FireDavidKahn
02-10-2021, 09:50 PM
What in the actual ****?

Is he serious with that?

Gohan
02-10-2021, 10:27 PM

I need some salt on my popcorn, can I borrow yours?

Mr. Woke
02-11-2021, 09:35 AM
He is right.

The Nets are battling many odds right now.

It's hilarious how sensitive some people ITT get whenever Kyrie says something. Y'all must be mentally ill.