PDA

View Full Version : Is Kemba this bad or is Stevens misusing him?

AirBonner
02-10-2021, 12:52 PM
One thing for sure is Stevens seems to suck at dealing with volume scorers (Kyrie, Kemba) and Hayward to an extent. Something is off with this team and it obviously points to Kemba since they were 9-4 before his return.

Real Men Wear Green
02-10-2021, 01:27 PM
How is Hayward more of a volume scorer than Tatum and Brown? Walker has struggled since last season's knee injury and Hayward's time in Boston was ruined by injury.

MaxPlayer
02-10-2021, 01:29 PM
IMO Kemba's problem is that his talent profile is one of a complementary player on a contending team, but in Charlotte (and UConn for that matter), he had to be the man by necessity, so he never developed a complementary-type game (facilitating, playing off the ball, etc.)

light
02-10-2021, 01:37 PM
IMO Kemba's problem is that his talent profile is one of a complementary player on a contending team, but in Charlotte (and UConn for that matter), he had to be the man by necessity, so he never developed a complementary-type game (facilitating, playing off the ball, etc.)

I think you're probably right about that.

It's like the opposite problem of Anthony Davis who learned the game as a complimentary player.

Real Men Wear Green
02-10-2021, 01:39 PM

He is basically a pg size 2. But playing a little more off the ball shouldn't be that hard. He's just missing shots. Unfortunately he never fully came back after the knee injury. With experience Payton Prichard is going to take his spit if this isn't corrected. And he might do better playing against reserves although he would be a ridiculously expensive 6 man.

AirBonner
02-10-2021, 01:43 PM
He is basically a pg size 2. But playing a little more off the ball shouldn't be that hard. He's just missing shots. Unfortunately he never fully came back after the knee injury. With experience Payton Prichard is going to take his spit if this isn't corrected. And he might do better playing against reserves although he would be a ridiculously expensive 6 man.
While that is true Kemba is causing harm to this team in its current format so changes have to be made. No one is going to want Kemba and we are not throwing a season while he tries to “find himself”. Even Hayward came off the bench a little while getting into game shape. The bench is the best place for Kemba at this time

Axe
02-10-2021, 05:32 PM
Maybe he's a bust considering the bobcats/hornets drafted him back then.

Gudo
02-10-2021, 05:37 PM
Kemba has been off, missing shots that he should make.

pandiani17
02-10-2021, 05:52 PM
He was really good in Charlotte. Maybe he is still trying to find his groove in Boston.

Bay Area Baller
02-10-2021, 11:29 PM
I would pay to see that movie, how Kemba got his groove back. Or not either way.

CTbasketball92
02-11-2021, 12:53 AM
Kemba will be fine. He hasn't had much time to get back into his flow.

He's 6-foot barefoot with a 7'7" standing reach. That's the same as Isaiah Thomas'. Kemba relies a lot on his athleticism and his reach doesn't allow him to easily get shots off. He has to work extremely hard.

Kemba will get into his flow, though and he will be back to averaging 18-20 and 5 assists on solid efficiency. With Jayson and Jaylen and Marcus Smart and TT and other solid role players they can be very dangerous. Especially if they make a good move at the trade deadline.

ZionDunks
02-11-2021, 04:04 AM
Heat abused him in the ECF last year. Otherwise the Celtics go to the finals

Mr. Woke
02-11-2021, 03:03 PM
He is not that good.

LOL at the stupid ass Celtics fans who seriously think that he is better than Kyrie!

Gudo
02-11-2021, 03:16 PM
He is not that good.

LOL at the stupid ass Celtics fans who seriously think that he is better than Kyrie!

Even with injuries and slumps, I would still pick Kemba over Kyrie who is a bad addition to the team culture.

Manny98
02-11-2021, 03:28 PM
Walmart Kyrie, nuff said

Mr. Woke
02-11-2021, 03:40 PM
Even with injuries and slumps, I would still pick Kemba over Kyrie who is a bad addition to the team culture.

I'm glad that I don't think like you do.

I would take Kyrie over Kemba any day of the week.