PDA

View Full Version : I spent much of last week across the street from American Airlines arena in Miami.

Kblaze8855
02-10-2021, 03:09 PM
I got home yesterday and I’m already back in Jacksonville now....headed back to Miami in the morning. Woman I’m with wanted to take advantage of the rest of my time off(recovered from covid...negative tests....still off till next Tuesday).

I live in South Carolina where it’s not even cold....but the taste of Miami(about 82 every day and 72 by 8 am)? She hates being home now....which is why she’s driving.

I hate it for nba teams in places like Minnesota who have free agents Riley has an eye on. They have like 55 million in expiring contracts this off-season and all the stories suggest Riley knows how to show off Miami. He apparently sent Zo on a speedboat to pick up Tmac in 2000 though obviously it didn’t work. Tmac being from right by Orlando I’m sure he wasn’t as blown away by the Florida aspect as Riley expected.

With Giannis and Beal off the market I think the big free agents are Kwahi and....Oladipo?

Leonard I doubt leaves but he’s the obvious target.

They strike out there it’s like Andre Drummond, Blake, and Jrue holiday to blow money on. I could see Jrue in Miami style wise but the pickings are slim.

And with their shitty year so far? Covid got them so they can come back in just saying so far....

They about to waste a max space and all this attractive beautiful weather on Jrue Holiday?

Riley might strike out on his latest evil plan. Giannis and AD were the obvious targets. Now it’s Leonard or bust isn’t it?

highwhey
02-10-2021, 03:11 PM
a lot of big booty bitches huh?

AirBonner
02-10-2021, 03:18 PM
Cuban mamas ooo lawd

Kblaze8855
02-10-2021, 03:21 PM
Not so much really. The wildest thing I saw was a couple passed out latinas being carried across the street back to our hotel at like 2am. Just totally out of it on the shoulder of a couple white guys. I’d have been concerned but nobody else was. They have a curfew at 12 but nobody seemed to care. Thought I saw Derrick Jones jr then I remembered he wasn’t on the Heat anymore so it probably wasn’t him.

Xiao Yao You
02-10-2021, 03:21 PM
I got home yesterday and I’m already back in Jacksonville now....headed back to Miami in the morning. Woman I’m with wanted to take advantage of the rest of my time off(recovered from covid...negative tests....still off till next Tuesday).

I live in South Carolina where it’s not even cold....but the taste of Miami(about 82 every day and 72 by 8 am)? She hates being home now....which is why she’s driving.

I hate it for nba teams in places like Minnesota who have free agents Riley has an eye on. They have like 55 million in expiring contracts this off-season and all the stories suggest Riley knows how to show off Miami. He apparently sent Zo on a speedboat to pick up Tmac in 2000 though obviously it didn’t work. Tmac being from right by Orlando I’m sure he wasn’t as blown away by the Florida aspect as Riley expected.

With Giannis and Beal off the market I think the big free agents are Kwahi and....Oladipo?

Leonard I doubt leaves but he’s the obvious target.

They strike out there it’s like Andre Drummond, Blake, and Jrue holiday to blow money on. I could see Jrue in Miami style wise but the pickings are slim.

And with their shitty year so far? Covid got them so they can come back in just saying so far....

They about to waste a max space and all this attractive beautiful weather on Jrue Holiday?

Riley might strike out on his latest evil plan. Giannis and AD were the obvious targets. Now it’s Leonard or bust isn’t it?

Conley looking like one of the top free agents now

Kblaze8855
02-10-2021, 05:17 PM
After being the poster child for awful new era contracts it would be hilarious if Conley get another giant deal.

ralph_i_el
02-10-2021, 05:24 PM
I don't get it. These guys are on the road half the time, and can live wherever they want during the off season. You only have to spend like 1/4 of the year in the city you play in. I don't get making career decisions based on weather if you're going to be traveling most of the time anyways. I'm not a clubbing guy though, so maybe I just don't get it.

Kblaze8855
02-10-2021, 05:31 PM
Sure it isn’t all the time but....

It’s literally gonna be 80 degrees warmer tomorrow in Miami than Minnesota. By Saturday it’s a low of 18 below zero vs a low of 72.

Its....considerable. Especially for a sport played the entire winter.

Obviously it isn’t that major a factor because Miami and Orlando don’t get all the free agents. Orlando in particular lost every star it ever had....but players caring would be understandable.

SouBeachTalents
02-10-2021, 05:35 PM
Sure it isn’t all the time but....

It’s literally gonna be 80 degrees warmer tomorrow in Miami than Minnesota. By Saturday it’s a low of 18 below zero vs a low of 72.

Its....considerable. Especially for a sport played the entire winter.

Obviously it isn’t that major a factor because Miami and Orlando don’t get all the free agents. Orlando in particular lost every star it ever had....but players caring would be understandable.
Yeah, me personally if I had my pick I would never, under any circumstances play for the likes of the Wolves, Bucks, Pistons, Cavs, Pacers, Raptors etc. bit if I was in a city I didn't really like but wasn't freezing like Sacramento, it honestly wouldn't be that big of a deal for me

brooks_thompson
02-11-2021, 09:03 AM
I think they'll bet on Oladipo if Riley can convince him he is not worth a max without hurting his feelings. They could get there by dumping contracts, but who the hell wants to do that for Victor Oladipo Phase 3.0? He's closer to roster filler than needle mover these days. Maybe he'd get it back together a little bit under the Miami boot camp, but as far as I'm concerned, Phase 2 was a one-year fluke

Either way, they've gotta do something. Their roster feels really empty without Jimmy tying it all together, and even with him it seems shaky. They should use Herro/Iguodala expiring in a trade now if possible. Also, John Collins might look great between Jimmy and Bam..lbut then again that probably requires a max.

Clifton
02-11-2021, 09:19 AM
Free agency?

Being under contract just means that when you decide you're leaving, your old team gets 3 first rounders and 2 pick swaps from your new team.

It's true that Riley can't legally "show you Miami"... but people know.

Miami is one player away. That's right where you want to be as a team if you don't have a top 5 player: in the mix, one player away. Then '19 Toronto happens, or '04 Detroit. Or you get hot like '11 Dallas. There's no other way to win a title without a top 5 player. You have to get lucky.

It just takes one top 20 player demanding a trade there and they're favorites in the East. They have Tyler Herro, who's a nice prospect who they don't at all need- an ideal trade chip.

bison
02-11-2021, 09:57 AM
72F at 8 in the morning sounds like hell.

The arrogance of people to assume everyone loves sunny weather with temps in the 80s

Kblaze8855
02-11-2021, 10:23 AM
It’s arrogance to assume most people find more comfort in a sunny day with beautiful weather than freezing rain and 2 degrees?

Theres a reason people retire to Florida and not northern Canada. No opinion is shared by our entire species but I’d say a preference for sunny beautiful weather over harsh conditions is common enough to not call it arrogant to assume. We aren’t talking about Death Valley here.

light
02-11-2021, 11:49 AM
I don't get it. These guys are on the road half the time, and can live wherever they want during the off season. You only have to spend like 1/4 of the year in the city you play in. I don't get making career decisions based on weather if you're going to be traveling most of the time anyways. I'm not a clubbing guy though, so maybe I just don't get it.

You travel, but your family doesn't. They have to live there like all of the other people that live there.

The kids go to school. The wife may work there or is involved with the community, etc.

paksat
02-11-2021, 01:59 PM
If I was poor I'd be more concerned about the cold weather, it adds up $$$ wise when it comes to heating bill etc.

but as rich as they are, to me it'd be a nice change up to be somewhere like denver when it's playing season.

Kblaze8855
11-15-2021, 08:00 PM
Just saying….

.NBA has fined Timberwolves $250K for organizing offseason practice outside of team market. Minnesota had team activities in Miami in early September.

^

Woj

eliteballer
11-15-2021, 08:18 PM
It’s arrogance to assume most people find more comfort in a sunny day with beautiful weather than freezing rain and 2 degrees?

Theres a reason people retire to Florida and not northern Canada. No opinion is shared by our entire species but I’d say a preference for sunny beautiful weather over harsh conditions is common enough to not call it arrogant to assume. We aren’t talking about Death Valley here.

A lot of people don't like humidity though.

Kblaze8855
11-15-2021, 08:22 PM
They don’t like water instantly freezing in the air either:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ImpressiveFavorableButterfly-size_restricted.gif

fsvr54
11-15-2021, 08:27 PM
Humid and hot as **** is not good weather. I live in this shithole

tpols
11-15-2021, 08:31 PM
I'd rather the cold than scorching hot for sure. And especially humid where everybody is sweating and cant breathe.

Kblaze8855
11-15-2021, 09:05 PM
That’s the weird thing about Miami. It isn’t that hot. Tampa is hot. Orlando is hot. Miami seems to be 84 degrees no matter when I’m there. It’s never even been 100 degrees in Miami. It’s 100 in South Carolina all the time in summer.

FultzNationRISE
11-15-2021, 09:19 PM
I was about to ask where yall would wanna play if you were deciding strictly based on weather, then I realized the answer would unanimously be (or should be) Los Angeles and it’s not even close to being close.

fsvr54
11-15-2021, 09:37 PM
That’s the weird thing about Miami. It isn’t that hot. Tampa is hot. Orlando is hot. Miami seems to be 84 degrees no matter when I’m there. It’s never even been 100 degrees in Miami. It’s 100 in South Carolina all the time in summer.

The humidity and UV index makes it feel scorching.

1987_Lakers
11-15-2021, 09:48 PM
I was about to ask where yall would wanna play if you were deciding strictly based on weather, then I realized the answer would unanimously be (or should be) Los Angeles and it’s not even close to being close.

Based on weather? SF. Mid 70's during summer time, despise hot summer weather.

FultzNationRISE
11-15-2021, 10:03 PM
Based on weather? SF. Mid 70's during summer time, despise hot summer weather.

True but NBA training camp doesnt open til last week of September. You can spend summer elsewhere and just play in So Cal from Oct-Jun