PDA

View Full Version : Skill level is highest it's ever been

paksat
02-14-2021, 04:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEQIbLNybgE&ab_channel=KingSwish

lol @ all the highlights of it being in the new era

lol @ the current NBA

lol @ lebronze seeing he's down 3 and throwing a pass for a layup @ 1 minute mark'ish... LeSTATpad in it's finest form.

light
02-14-2021, 04:36 PM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/215/711/oh-he-mad.jpg

zeerghit
02-14-2021, 04:57 PM

lol @ the current NBA

lol @ lebronze seeing he's down 3 and throwing a pass for a layup @ 1 minute mark'ish... LeSTATpad in it's finest form.

u desperate, seek some help

paksat
02-14-2021, 04:58 PM
u desperate, seek some help

meltdown

RRR3
02-14-2021, 04:59 PM
Another day another LeBron-induced meltdown from paktass

paksat
02-14-2021, 05:00 PM

RRR3tard losing another troll attempt

zeerghit
02-14-2021, 05:09 PM
meltdown

still sad mate, very sad

999Guy
02-14-2021, 05:14 PM
If the 90s were relevant enough as an era somebody would make some shitty generic video like that.

But they’re not.

No one would even care about the significance of somebody like Kevin Duckworth shitting himself at the rim or running out of bounds of some goofy shit.

This era is insanely skilled. Guys like Lavine, Towns, and Booker are just borderline relevant players. They don’t even stand out.

Kawhi’s closest realistic comparison is Jordan or Kobe offensively, and he might be just the third best player in his position overall.

If you don’t see how insane this era’s talent is, you’re just proving how stupid you are.

ShawkFactory
02-14-2021, 06:12 PM

lol @ the current NBA

You're using a blooper reel to make any sort of point? Grasping at straws doesn't even do this justice.

And I'm not really sure what's wrong with what Lebron did there. He was double-teamed and threw a pass for an open layup down 3 with 15 seconds left. You actually think pulling up for 3 in that situation is what he should have done?

I'm confused because based on this thread you seem to hate the new era of ball...but in the same post lol at someone for making a high IQ play, one that any old-school player ever would make. Get your story straight.

tontoz
02-14-2021, 07:58 PM
I actually watched in the 90s so I feel pretty qualified to talk about it. The biggest difference back then is that there weren't many international players. It was a big deal if a euro came over here. Now international players are very common making the league deeper.

Also there are far more guys now who can shoot. Back then bigs weren't taking 3s much. Even Bird didn't take many 3s relative to today's players. Now guys grow up knowing they need to be able to shoot to play in the NBA.

Far more bruisers in the 90s. Also I would say centers were much better then. A quality center is a genetic freak really and there just happened to be a bunch of them at once back then.

SouBeachTalents
02-14-2021, 08:00 PM
You're using a blooper reel to make any sort of point? Grasping at straws doesn't even do this justice.

And I'm not really sure what's wrong with what Lebron did there. He was double-teamed and threw a pass for an open layup down 3 with 15 seconds left. You actually think pulling up for 3 in that situation is what he should have done?

I'm confused because based on this thread you seem to hate the new era of ball...but in the same post lol at someone for making a high IQ play, one that any old-school player ever would make. Get your story straight.
Destroyed that fakkit :applause:

paksat
02-14-2021, 08:06 PM

so you take a layup then run another 5-8 seconds off the clock fouling, giving up free throws which may put you in the same need a 3 situation?

lol so you can be in the exact same situation where lebronze already is?

dude no

paksat
02-14-2021, 08:12 PM
I actually watched in the 90s so I feel pretty qualified to talk about it. The biggest difference back then is that there weren't many international players. It was a big deal if a euro came over here. Now international players are very common making the league deeper.

Also there are far more guys now who can shoot. Back then bigs weren't taking 3s much. Even Bird didn't take many 3s relative to today's players. Now guys grow up knowing they need to be able to shoot to play in the NBA.

Far more bruisers in the 90s. Also I would say centers were much better then. A quality center is a genetic freak really and there just happened to be a bunch of them at once back then.

also without looking there's a comment with 3.1k likes saying rondo did the right thing, you're wrong.

no stop

stop don't respond.

ShawkFactory
02-14-2021, 08:28 PM
so you take a layup then run another 5-8 seconds off the clock fouling, giving up free throws which may put you in the same need a 3 situation?

lol so you can be in the exact same situation where lebronze already is?

dude no

He makes the lay up and there’s 12 seconds left. Then you foul immediately (5-8 seconds? :lol). If they miss a FT great, if not the yea...you’re in the same position. But you’ve given yourself an extra chance at a better one. Maybe someone else is open again off the double. Maybe they don’t double. Etc.

You don’t jack up a 3 in double coverage with 15 seconds left.

But I guess there’s no point in actually discussing ball with a dude who uses the term “lebronze” though.

paksat
02-14-2021, 09:42 PM
He makes the lay up and there’s 12 seconds left. Then you foul immediately (5-8 seconds? :lol). If they miss a FT great, if not the yea...you’re in the same position. But you’ve given yourself an extra chance at a better one. Maybe someone else is open again off the double. Maybe they don’t double. Etc.

You don’t jack up a 3 in double coverage with 15 seconds left.

But I guess there’s no point in actually discussing ball with a dude who uses the term “lebronze” though.

you don't pass the ball for a layup either, this is dumb to discuss there's a ton of posts agreeing with not just that 3.1k one. The comments are basically asking why rondo is in there, but you're right over everyone.

Shooter
02-15-2021, 01:46 AM

+1

3ball
02-15-2021, 01:51 AM
Pure scoring is gone from the league

It's all threes and in-stride layups

Today's player is vastly inferior at making contested 2-point shots

999Guy
02-15-2021, 09:04 PM
Pure scoring is gone from the league

It's all threes and in-stride layups

Today's player is vastly inferior at making contested 2-point shotsModern man is vastly inferior at wiping his ass with his hand and spearing a Buffalo compared to prehistoric man.

So the game is not dumb anymore and it defines the skills?

Looking back, the fact that 80% of the league couldn’t shoot well out to 22 feet is pathetic. The WNBA has more range than past eras.

Jordan’s flat ass shot died after 20 feet.

FireDavidKahn
02-15-2021, 10:41 PM
LOL @ mj's NBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsjZJSDP9t4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zONvMKkIpwA

Gimmedarock
02-16-2021, 09:19 AM
Old heads want to see more wrestling and fighting. Straight up bruh. That’s the only thing old NBA had going. The game is more entertaining by far today. The players are better in every area. I’d rather never see a player post up again. That just doesn’t impress. I want handles & threes. There are different players every night going for 40 plus. Back in the day, you had the same players scoring. The game is wide open. No question the game is better today.

TheGoatest
02-16-2021, 09:25 AM
This is just from a random clip of a guy dribbling the ball:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CarefulColdGavial-small.gif

Now imagine if you had access to hundreds of hours of footage from this era to pluck out all the bloopers like you do today.

2much_knowledge
02-16-2021, 11:42 AM
Skill are better but the rules are easier at the same time.
Thats why its impossible to predict former stars statlines and to predict how current players would hold up in a real mans league without soft whistles, no easy superteams and no excessive 3 point jacking

Airupthere
02-16-2021, 11:46 AM

Now imagine if you had access to hundreds of hours of footage from this era to pluck out all the bloopers like you do today.

Lebron's dribbling skills are not much different from that. Even his shooting form belongs in the 60s.

clipps
02-16-2021, 11:53 AM
Lebron's dribbling skills are not much different from that. Even his shooting form belongs in the 60s.

I'm a LeBron hater but this is an absolutely stupid take.

3ball
02-16-2021, 12:56 PM

His dribbling looks better but no more effective, and his shot is worse

He doesn't attempt and cannot make contested jumpshots - this is statistical fact according to NBA.com tracking stats

For this reason, even I am more skilled than lebron in that one huge way - lots of guys are - if regular recreational players can knock your game (stiff arm, can't shoot) - you aren't anywhere near GOAT... no one thought to knock MJ like that because MJ had no weaknesses.. the goat cannot have weaknesses

And btw, today's players are better dribblers, but dribbling is a nothing skill that's reduces team basketball, so it's no benefit over prior eras

clipps
02-16-2021, 01:30 PM
His dribbling looks better but no more effective, and his shot is worse

He doesn't attempt and cannot make contested jumpshots - this is statistical fact according to NBA.com tracking stats

For this reason, even I am more skilled than lebron in that one huge way - lots of guys are - if regular recreational players can knock your game (stiff arm, can't shoot) - you aren't anywhere near GOAT... no one thought to knock MJ like that because MJ had no weaknesses.. the goat cannot have weaknesses

And btw, today's players are better dribblers, but dribbling is a nothing skill that's reduces team basketball, so it's no benefit over prior eras

I don't really care that much. The Jordon/LeBron debate is by far the worst and pointless debate in sports.

Airupthere
02-16-2021, 01:38 PM

Outside longevity, lebron plays within the bounds of how the game is played within his era. While he maybe at the top, he’s not like other goats that push the envelope and play beyond the status quo.

Simply put, Lebron follows norms moreso than creates new ones. His dribbling is basic and yet he thrives today because of his size and athleticism. He may have better shooting than say elgin baylor but their shooting forms arent that far off. Elgin baylor is a great player so that is not necessarily a knock on lebron. Just saying that Lebron can get away with a lot of things, or lack thereof, because of current rules, gameplay and his rare combination of size and athleticism.

bullettooth
02-16-2021, 02:06 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/k5XJ92Lg/jabroni-lames-defense.gif