PDA

View Full Version : Is Ty Lue a basketball mastermind?

HBK_Kliq_2
02-16-2021, 12:52 PM
Is Ty Lue a basketball basketball mastermind and genius?

2016 - eliminates a 73 win team and wins the championship

2017 - cavs post historic offense in playoffs

2018 - takes a team with no depth to the finals

2020 - clippers currently have the greatest offensive rating of all time at 119.1. Also on pace to be the only team in NBA history to shoot at least 40% from 3 point line and 80% from freethrow line

HBK_Kliq_2
02-16-2021, 12:56 PM
The narrative on his resume is also going to be very Phil Jackson lite.

Cavs can't win anything, ty lue takes over and wins the title

Clippers can't win anything, ty lue takes over and wins the title

Micku
02-16-2021, 02:00 PM
He ain't no Pop.

light
02-16-2021, 02:07 PM
Is Ty Lue a basketball basketball mastermind and genius?

2016 - eliminates a 73 win team and wins the championship

2017 - cavs post historic offense in playoffs

2018 - takes a team with no depth to the finals

2020 - clippers currently have the greatest offensive rating of all time at 119.1. Also on pace to be the only team in NBA history to shoot at least 40% from 3 point line and 80% from freethrow line

David Blatt went to the Finals in 2015 with the same team.

The common denominator is LeBron. He's the guy that went to the finals 6 times already before firing Blatt and promoting Lue in 2016.

There is no award for having a 119.1 offensive rating. lol.

tpols
02-16-2021, 02:14 PM

The Cavs under David Blatt were missing Love and Kyrie for 5/6 games in the Finals, and Blatt made them look competitive. Ty Lue wouldn't have won shit in 2015 with Kyrie out.

999Guy
02-16-2021, 02:25 PM
People actually believed this guy was a scrub coach and LeBron literally coaches the Cavs. Dummies.

It’s well-known and been covered how much of an X’s and O’s genius he is. Thousands of ATO Plays, coached the greatest playoff offenses, led the NBA B2B years (2017 and 2018) in out of timeout play efficiency.

But he looks dumb, so idiots thinks he’s among them

Hey Yo
02-16-2021, 02:36 PM
This is Lue's first year as a Head Coach that he gets to call the shots. He was labeled Head Coach in Cleveland, but everyone knew it was James running the show.

First player/coach in like the last 40yrs.

light
02-16-2021, 02:39 PM
People actually believed this guy was a scrub coach and LeBron literally coaches the Cavs. Dummies.

It’s well-known and been covered how much of an X’s and O’s genius he is. Thousands of ATO Plays, coached the greatest playoff offenses, led the NBA B2B years (2017 and 2018) in out of timeout play efficiency.

Ty is a good coach. He hasn't been a top assistant at multiple stops for no reason. But when he was on the Cavs LeBron still called 90% of the plays.

Ty Lue is also one of LeBron's best friends and I'm sure they would find this thread hilarious.

HBK_Kliq_2
02-16-2021, 02:42 PM
David Blatt went to the Finals in 2015 with the same team.

The common denominator is LeBron. He's the guy that went to the finals 6 times already before firing Blatt and promoting Lue in 2016.

There is no award for having a 119.1 offensive rating. lol.

119 offensive rating this year, godly offensive in 2017 playoffs. Every offense goes insane when Ty is coach. That's my point.

HBK_Kliq_2
02-16-2021, 02:43 PM
The Cavs under David Blatt were missing Love and Kyrie for 5/6 games in the Finals, and Blatt made them look competitive. Ty Lue wouldn't have won shit in 2015 with Kyrie out.

Doug Collins took the bulls to a game 7 ECF and Pippen wasn't quite in his prime yet. Phil Jackson won the championship.

David Blatt took cavs to the finals but Irving got hurt. Ty Lue won the championship.

Sounds like the same thing to me.

999Guy
02-16-2021, 02:43 PM
Ty is a good coach. He hasn't been a top assistant at multiple stops for no reason. But when he was on the Cavs LeBron still called 90% of the plays.

Ty Lue is also one of LeBron's best friends and I'm sure they would find this thread hilarious.
What’s your evidence? Why would I believe LeBron James called 90% of the plays.

The idea of that lack basic common sense and goes against recorded history. LeBron and Lue would laugh at this? They’re best friends? What are these fantasy ideas you people create?

I’ll say a Cavs beat reporter would slap the shit out of you if they read this thread.

Lue’s coaching abilities were well covered by all the media surrounding that team. You can search for the articles.

HBK_Kliq_2
02-16-2021, 02:45 PM

Exactly. People just have this mental block in their brain that Lebron does everything, i would actually say it's more of a mental illness.

Akeem34TheDream
02-16-2021, 02:46 PM

Yep all he needs is burning sage in lockerroom at this point.

light
02-16-2021, 02:56 PM
What’s your evidence? Why would I believe LeBron James called 90% of the plays.

The idea of that lack basic common sense and goes against recorded history. LeBron and Lue would laugh at this? They’re best friends? What are these fantasy ideas you people create?

I’ll say a Cavs beat reporter would slap the shit out of you if they read this thread.

Lue’s coaching abilities were well covered by all the media surrounding that team. You can search for the articles.

Richard Jefferson said so.

LeBron calls the plays on all of his teams, guy. He also does it for the Lakers.

light
02-16-2021, 03:05 PM
Exactly. People just have this mental block in their brain that Lebron does everything, i would actually say it's more of a mental illness.

He does do everything. He plays 5 positions and will lead his team in scoring, rebounding and assists while calling the plays and quarterbacking the defense while also being his team's defensive stopper.

He's a coach on the floor. He's also a GM ("If you're on the team it's because LeBron wanted you here." - Rajon Rondo).

Him doing everything is the point.

HBK_Kliq_2
02-16-2021, 03:35 PM
Richard Jefferson said so.

LeBron calls the plays on all of his teams, guy. He also does it for the Lakers.

Richard Jefferson looks like he sucks Lebron's dick behind the scenes. He was also eliminated by an 8th seed in 2011 when he had Duncan\Parker\Manu on his team hahahaha

I don't care what that moron says.

HBK_Kliq_2
02-16-2021, 03:37 PM
He does do everything. He plays 5 positions and will lead his team in scoring, rebounding and assists while calling the plays and quarterbacking the defense while also being his team's defensive stopper.

He's a coach on the floor. He's also a GM ("If you're on the team it's because LeBron wanted you here." - Rajon Rondo).

Him doing everything is the point.

The offense was only alltime great when Ty Lue was coach.

2013\2014 offenses led by Lebron sucked.

Lakers offense this season is also mediocre.

clipps
02-16-2021, 04:32 PM
He's better than Doc... Not saying much.

BigShotBob
02-16-2021, 05:17 PM
Best thing about Ty Lue is that he will sit anyone if they're not producing on the court no matter who they are.

When Lou Williams was in a slump he barely saw any playing time at all. Doc would have played him 30 minutes

Axe
02-16-2021, 05:33 PM
Op is being delusional.

Almost everyone knows ty lue's bum ass got carried to three straight finals, bet. 2016-18. And there's no sense in making exaggerated narratives for 2017 and 2018. They were the years in which the cavs only won a single game in the finals even if those series are to be combined. Ty lue's utterly pathetic defense is responsible for that.

What's more, he had a losing record when lebron was absent for the cavs in some games. Then in the latter's second departure from the team almost three years ago, the cavs went 0-6 in the following season which ultimately saw lue fired lmao. I wonder how he even got a job as ac for ballmer's team after that. He's not a good coach at all.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-14-2021, 12:58 AM
7 straight wins for Ty Lue and the best culture in the league.

4 straight losses for doc and the most embarrassing culture in the league.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-14-2021, 01:45 AM
Op is being delusional.

Almost everyone knows ty lue's bum ass got carried to three straight finals, bet. 2016-18. And there's no sense in making exaggerated narratives for 2017 and 2018. They were the years in which the cavs only won a single game in the finals even if those series are to be combined. Ty lue's utterly pathetic defense is responsible for that.

What's more, he had a losing record when lebron was absent for the cavs in some games. Then in the latter's second departure from the team almost three years ago, the cavs went 0-6 in the following season which ultimately saw lue fired lmao. I wonder how he even got a job as ac for ballmer's team after that. He's not a good coach at all.

7 straight wins.

https://streamable.com/n4chvj

me dancing when kawhi returns and the dynasty begins. Kawhi will be 30, 31, 32. That's a 3 peat right there.

Stephonit
11-14-2021, 02:24 AM
7 straight wins.

https://streamable.com/n4chvj

me dancing when kawhi returns and the dynasty begins. Kawhi will be 30, 31, 32. That's a 3 peat right there.

Probably the best team the Warriors have played so far. They will be tough when Kawhi gets back.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-14-2021, 02:31 AM
Probably the best team the Warriors have played so far. They will be tough when Kawhi gets back.

Yeah I've been giving curry a hard time today but only when going against kawhi.

Curry and Kawhi are clearly the magic/bird of this era and I would love to see them face off in the west finals. They were the best players on every team from 2013-2019 finals for a reason.

Clippers and warriors actually play in march, that will be incredible if kawhi is back because klay will be for sure.

Axe
11-14-2021, 05:59 AM
Dumb.

hold this L
11-14-2021, 08:24 AM
Clippers are built to beat the Warriors, in terms of styles. They prefer playing small as their dominant type of basketball, but they also guys that are bigs so they're not undersized. Bjelica has been one of the more impactful players for the Warriors, and that was the only game he was played completely off the floor. They have several tough shot makers, and I can't believe it but PG has turned clutch the last 2 seasons. Elite defensively, can switch everything to keep up with Steph & Klay, and have one of the best coaches in the league.

If Kawhi gets back to 100% before the playoffs, that's some real scary hours.

GimmeThat
11-14-2021, 08:49 AM
8th highest coaching salary, clearly the guy didn't ask/get more money because stans somehow interpret "stacking the deck with players" as "mastermind"

leopardJuice
11-14-2021, 03:15 PM
LeBron is the actual mastermind not Lue. They would have done the same with Blatt. It's all LeThong cause he's uncoachable and thinks he's smarter than them.

leopardJuice
11-14-2021, 03:16 PM
Best thing about Ty Lue is that he will sit anyone if they're not producing on the court no matter who they are.

When Lou Williams was in a slump he barely saw any playing time at all. Doc would have played him 30 minutes

Delusional. LeBron got pissed when Lue told him he's uncoachable and didn't talk to him for weeks.