PDA

View Full Version : Zion Williamson last 16 games: 26.4 PPG on 66% shooting

RRR3
02-16-2021, 11:40 PM
He’s 20.

This man is literally a 6’7 Shaq :biggums:

For the season he’s averaging 24.6 points on 61.5% from the field. I would have used TS% but he just played today so it wouldn’t be accurate. Before today it was 64.7% and he just went 13-16 for 31 points so it went up obviously.

tontoz
02-16-2021, 11:44 PM
I watched them play Dallas and it was clear he has lost weight. It is scary how fast he is for his size. They were giving him the ball in space so he can use his speed to get to the basket.

Guys were playing off him but he doesn't settle for jumpers. He just keeps taking it to the rim.

RRR3
02-16-2021, 11:50 PM
I watched them play Dallas and it was clear he has lost weight. It is scary how fast he is for his size. They were giving him the ball in space so he can use his speed to get to the basket.

Guys were playing off him but he doesn't settle for jumpers. He just keeps taking it to the rim.
I just wish he was even 3 inches taller because he’d probably literally be Shaq 2.0 then.

L8krH8tr
02-16-2021, 11:50 PM
He dominated the grizzlies tonight

LAmbruh
02-16-2021, 11:51 PM
get this guy Zion some god damn help

k 96
02-17-2021, 12:05 AM
get this guy Zion some god damn help

Brandon Ingram has Zion as the help guy, or vice versa. Both are great players.

scuzzy
02-17-2021, 12:15 AM
Notice how Pelicans start winning once they started running offense through him instead of Ingram?

RRR3
02-17-2021, 10:17 AM
He’s practically unguardable.

LAmbruh
02-17-2021, 10:39 AM
Already better than Barkley

Gotta cut the dead weight though and completely revamp the team around him. Ingram as a 1st-2nd option will never be winning ball. Not in this era

Notice how Marchesk been awol for weeks? FUMING:lol

iamgine
02-17-2021, 10:48 AM
There's never any doubt he's going to be a dominant offensive player. The only question is his long term health. He's a walking injury waiting to happen.

Akeem34TheDream
02-17-2021, 11:33 AM
There's never any doubt he's going to be a dominant offensive player. The only question is his long term health. He's a walking injury waiting to happen.

You could have said the exact same thing about Shaq 30 years ago. And so far this season he looks good health wise.

MaxPlayer
02-17-2021, 11:48 AM
You could have said the exact same thing about Shaq 30 years ago. And so far this season he looks good health wise.

I've noticed that he seems to be playing a little more below the rim since his injury. Maybe this is partly because he can't simply dominate on sheer athleticism like he could in college, but I think it's likely that he's made a conscious decision to avoid risks where possible. He will still occasionally show off his hops if he needs to snag a contested rebound or something, but most of the time he seems more deliberate and cautious than he has in the past.

iamgine
02-17-2021, 11:55 AM

Not really. Rookie Shaq was quite lean for his height and didn't have the injury history.

PP34Deuce
02-17-2021, 11:59 AM
I don't get the Barkley comparisons. I see Larry Johnson with a sprinkle of Blake. He's pretty unique.

I think the NBA can't figure out if he they want him or LaMelo Ball to be the face.

ralph_i_el
02-17-2021, 11:59 AM
He just flies by people. Playing off of him doesn't help, it just gives him room to accelerate. It's going to be like with KD, where the only real defense is ball-denial.

RRR3
02-17-2021, 12:01 PM
I don't get the Barkley comparisons. I see Larry Johnson with a sprinkle of Blake. He's pretty unique.

I think the NBA can't figure out if he they want him or LaMelo Ball to be the face.
6’7 Shaq is the best comparison. He is similarly physically dominant.

Akeem34TheDream
02-17-2021, 12:33 PM
6’7 Shaq is the best comparison. He is similarly physically dominant.

He is a 280 pounds Derrick Rose.

tontoz
02-17-2021, 01:40 PM
The Shaq comparison doesn't work because he plays nothing like Shaq. Zion seems to prefer using his speed rather than playing bully ball.

Barkley is the best comp but still a very different player. Barkley wasn't as fast and was more inclined to play physically.

RRR3
02-17-2021, 01:41 PM
The Shaq comparison doesn't work because he plays nothing like Shaq. Zion seems to prefer using his speed rather than playing bully ball.

Barkley is the best comp but still a very different player. Barkley wasn't as fast and was more inclined to play physically.
He plays bully ball plenty.

tontoz
02-17-2021, 01:47 PM
He plays bully ball plenty.

Maybe compared to the average player. Not compared to Shaq or Barkley.

RRR3
02-17-2021, 01:51 PM
Maybe compared to the average player. Not compared to Shaq or Barkley.
They don't use him correctly.

tontoz
02-17-2021, 01:58 PM
They don't use him correctly.

Actually i like what they are doing this year, giving him the ball with room to operate. Last year he was more off the ball and didn't get as many touches.

He just likes to use his speed and i don't blame him he is plenty quick. I suspect his game will change as he gets older.

jlip
02-17-2021, 02:14 PM
It also appears that the Pelicans are charging him more now with bringing the ball up and initiating the offense, demonstrating growth and versatility. I would like to see him rebound a little more aggressively though.

We also have to be mindful that in terms of number of games played, Zion is still technically a rookie. He has only played 50 games. He's already a 25/7/3 player. If he worked on his rebounding he could be a 25-27ppg/ 9-10rpg/4apg player in the very near future.

I think that barring injury, his floor is a better passing Amar'e Stoudamire. His ceiling could possibly be MVP caliber, but he, again, needs to stay healthy, and be on a better team.

tontoz
02-17-2021, 02:55 PM
Yeah his rebounding has been pretty bad. No excuse for that with his size and athleticism.

BigShotBob
02-17-2021, 03:54 PM
Needs more offensive rebounding. Needs to develop a mid range game. Needs to defend a tad bit better.

Right now I like Julius Randle better

fsvr54
02-17-2021, 04:16 PM
Needs more offensive rebounding. Needs to develop a mid range game. Needs to defend a tad bit better.

Right now I like Julius Randle better

A guy who's been in the league several seasons at this point vs a virtual rookie.

3ball
02-17-2021, 04:19 PM
It also appears that the Pelicans are charging him more now with bringing the ball up and initiating the offense, demonstrating growth and versatility. I would like to see him rebound a little more aggressively though.

We also have to be mindful that in terms of number of games played, Zion is still technically a rookie. He has only played 50 games. He's already a 25/7/3 player. If he worked on his rebounding he could be a 25-27ppg/ 9-10rpg/4apg player in the very near future.

I think that barring injury, his floor is a better passing Amar'e Stoudamire. His ceiling could possibly be MVP caliber, but he, again, needs to stay healthy, and be on a better team.

Assuming good health, he will be a monster because he's going to get a lot bigger and stronger