PDA

View Full Version : Kobe byant: the most successful player against tougher playoff opposition!

2much_knowledge
02-19-2021, 07:52 AM
Kobe holds the record for most playoffs wins vs 50+ win teams (between top tier players)

Wins over blazers, pacers, spurs x4, kings, denver, phoenix. celtics to name a few

Only 4 teams ever have faced 4 50 win teams in 1 playoff run. The 94 Rockets, 01 Lakers, 08 Lakers and 2010 Lakers. Kobe is responsible for 3/4 of them.

Makes the 5/7 look way better. Credit to shaq in 01 too

StrongLurk
02-19-2021, 07:02 PM
How many of those wins happened when Kobe was the best player on his team. That kind of matters a lot.

Kiddlovesnets
02-19-2021, 07:05 PM
Not even close, Kobe was sidekick for a lot of these victories. I bet Robert Horry has more impressive stats when it comes to this.

SouBeachTalents
02-19-2021, 07:13 PM
You really think you're going to be taken seriously including series like these

https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/1998-nba-western-conference-semifinals-lakers-vs-supersonics.html

tpols
02-19-2021, 07:36 PM
Kobe had better metrics across the board than Shaq in 2001. That means a young Kobe was >= peak Shaq.

That's how good he was. Basketball genius.

Axe
02-19-2021, 07:38 PM
Kobe had better metrics across the board than Shaq in 2001. That means a young Kobe was >= peak Shaq.

That's how good he was. Basketball genius.
Doesn't change the fact that he's an inefficient ballhog

2much_knowledge
02-19-2021, 08:44 PM
The kobe hate is real here. Can't acknowledge the facts i stated out of pettiness i see lol

Always talking about lebron's and Jordan's level of playoff opposition but clearly, after 2000, kobe had it the toughest

Kiddlovesnets
02-19-2021, 08:47 PM
The kobe hate is real here. Can't acknowledge the facts i stated out of pettiness i see lol

Always talking about lebron's and Jordan's level of playoff opposition but clearly, after 2000, kobe had it the toughest

The Kobe hate was generated by stupid and delusional threads/posts like yours, and you blame other people for this.
:facepalm

2much_knowledge
02-19-2021, 08:54 PM
The Kobe hate was generated by stupid and delusional threads/posts like yours, and you blame other people for this.

Delusinal threads? I don't post stuff out of my ass. I literally researched it right before posting. Look it up

2much_knowledge
02-19-2021, 09:04 PM
Not even close, Kobe was sidekick for a lot of these victories. I bet Robert Horry has more impressive stats when it comes to this.

Winning the finals mvp does not equal carrying a team. Shaq just got lucky all of the finals matchups had sucky big men while kobe had to deal with good perimeter defenders (Rik smitts, Croshere, Perkins, Geiger, Todd M, jason collins, todd mccollough again. Only worth a damn is old mutumbo and theo

Kobe has to deal with Reggie, jalen, Raja bell, snow, kevin ollie, Mckie, Jefferson, kittles. Phil jackson was smart to recognize that

Axe
02-19-2021, 09:28 PM
Apparently, kobe is not one of the goats due to him having a finals loss in his career. :(

Kiddlovesnets
02-19-2021, 10:30 PM
Delusinal threads? I don't post stuff out of my ass. I literally researched it right before posting. Look it up

Yup, its a foolish thread. The most 50 wins team beaten stats means nothing at all 'cause it doesnt tell whether the player is the #1 option, not does it actually indicate the quality of the opponents. The Blazers in 01 and Nuggets in 08 both won 50 games, and they aint even remotely related to contenders. Beating these two teams aint any better than winning against 47-49 wins teams anyway. How about we start to compare most wins against at least 55 wins teams, and maybe even 60 wins teams?

Winning the finals mvp does not equal carrying a team. Shaq just got lucky all of the finals matchups had sucky big men while kobe had to deal with good perimeter defenders (Rik smitts, Croshere, Perkins, Geiger, Todd M, jason collins, todd mccollough again. Only worth a damn is old mutumbo and theo

Kobe has to deal with Reggie, jalen, Raja bell, snow, kevin ollie, Mckie, Jefferson, kittles. Phil jackson was smart to recognize that

Nope Kobe was the lucky one that Shaq carried him to 3-peat rings, replace Kobe by any of the top 5 SGs in the league and they would 3-peat anyway. Now you say your thread/post aint delusional, how dare you lol? If you truly dont want Kobe to receive any more hatred, then try to be a rational and logical fan. Mindless stanning only gets your idol more haters if you aint bright enough to realize this.

TheCorporation
02-19-2021, 10:37 PM
You really think you're going to be taken seriously including series like these

https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/1998-nba-western-conference-semifinals-lakers-vs-supersonics.html

:roll:

3-1-0 series stat line :lol

3ball's new alt is pitiful. Trying his hardest to prop up Kobe as if he was anything more than a fringe top 12.

3ball/OP, leave Kobe at 12. Leave him be. He is where he is.

Wally450
02-19-2021, 11:08 PM

3ball's new alt is pitiful. Trying his hardest to prop up Kobe as if he was anything more than a fringe top 12.

I was just about to ask who's alt this is. Thanks brotha. :cheers:

2much_knowledge
02-19-2021, 11:18 PM
Yup, its a foolish thread. The most 50 wins team beaten stats means nothing at all 'cause it doesnt tell whether the player is the #1 option, not does it actually indicate the quality of the opponents. The Blazers in 01 and Nuggets in 08 both won 50 games, and they aint even remotely related to contenders. Beating these two teams aint any better than winning against 47-49 wins teams anyway. How about we start to compare most wins against at least 55 wins teams, and maybe even 60 wins teams?

Nope Kobe was the lucky one that Shaq carried him to 3-peat rings, replace Kobe by any of the top 5 SGs in the league and they would 3-peat anyway. Now you say your thread/post aint delusional, how dare you lol? If you truly dont want Kobe to receive any more hatred, then try to be a rational and logical fan. Mindless stanning only gets your idol more haters if you aint bright enough to realize this.

Kidd loves NETS lololol. I should've realized it earlier. Its been 19 years. Let it go, let it go.

2much_knowledge
02-19-2021, 11:21 PM

So the standart here is to post retarded lebron worship threads or be an alt??? Im no alt, and i have seen your post, your oppinion is garbage, specially your avatar