PDA

View Full Version : Replace Jeff Hornacek with a Prime Adrian Dantley???

Lebron23
02-21-2021, 11:29 AM
How many nba championships for the Utah Jazz in the 1990's??? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD8S1WC7Gc4

Airupthere
02-21-2021, 11:36 AM
Reminds me of lebron’s offensive repertoire. Except lebron is more athletic.

PeroAntic
02-21-2021, 12:16 PM
I'd replace Hornacek with Dantley or any other human being on the planet and the Knicks would get to the playoffs in 2017.

Xiao Yao You
02-21-2021, 12:50 PM
Horny a better fit

HBK_Kliq_2
02-21-2021, 01:06 PM
Stockton had such terrible scoring in 1998, I guess they could use a guy like Dantley.

The thing is, Dantley made pistons worse and they won 2 rings after he left. So I don't think he fits with title teams. Dantley was like a 80s version of Bradley Beal, score a lot but no defense and no winning.

Xiao Yao You
02-21-2021, 01:24 PM
Stockton had such terrible scoring in 1998, I guess they could use a guy like Dantley.

The thing is, Dantley made pistons worse and they won 2 rings after he left. So I don't think he fits with title teams. Dantley was like a 80s version of Bradley Beal, score a lot but no defense and no winning.

How did Dantley make the Pistons worse? They had no inside game. That's why they got him. They likely win the titles with him if Isiah hadn't insisted on replacing him with his buddy. The Jazz were the worst franchise in basketball when Dantley led the Jazz to their first playoff which would start a streak of almost two decades straight of making the playoffs.

HBK_Kliq_2
02-21-2021, 04:39 PM
How did Dantley make the Pistons worse? They had no inside game. That's why they got him. They likely win the titles with him if Isiah hadn't insisted on replacing him with his buddy. The Jazz were the worst franchise in basketball when Dantley led the Jazz to their first playoff which would start a streak of almost two decades straight of making the playoffs.

Dumars was able to thrive when Dantley left, they never won with Dantley and won 2 rings without him. Dumars is the way better defender for Dantley and his emergence made them a better team.

RRR3
02-21-2021, 04:46 PM
I'd replace Hornacek with Dantley or any other human being on the planet and the Knicks would get to the playoffs in 2017.
:facepalm

PeroAntic
02-21-2021, 04:49 PM
:facepalm

Hornacek is the worst coach ever. As a player he was much better.

Xiao Yao You
02-21-2021, 04:57 PM
Dumars was able to thrive when Dantley left, they never won with Dantley and won 2 rings without him. Dumars is the way better defender for Dantley and his emergence made them a better team.

Dumars thrived before Dantley. They likely win rather they trade Dantley or not

warriorfan
02-21-2021, 05:04 PM
There is a reason the Pistons won after they got rid of dantley.

Xiao Yao You
02-21-2021, 05:12 PM

They were the team to beat before he was traded. Aquirre was a similar player. Difference was he was Isiah's buddy

L.Kizzle
02-21-2021, 06:24 PM
What was the reason?

Xiao Yao You
02-21-2021, 06:33 PM
What was the reason?

because they were the best team as they were when they traded Dantley

3ball
02-21-2021, 07:03 PM

Dantley didn't make the Pistons worse - that's false

He literally turned them into a championship-caliber team that was within a bad call of beating the goat Lakers in 88'

But the reality is that everyone hated him - that's the only reason he was moved and Aguirre was viewed as an even better fit than Dantley had been..

Dantley was the volume scorer the formerly low-offense Pistons needed to make them a contender, and Aguirre was the better locker room fit that gave the team some longevity - for example, they should not have won the 90' ECF, but their tightness allowed victory in Game 7.. only a tightly-knit team can win that game (and yes, pip choked but this isn't about that)