PDA

View Full Version : There's no way that Lebron shoots the 3 better than Kobe

Walk on Water
02-21-2021, 11:41 AM
I just saw that Lebron shoots the 3 at 34.5 percent and Kobe only at 33. I don't understand how this is possible. When I was growing up, I don't remember Kobe missing. I remember him always making 3s and I feared the ball would go in every time. Like he'd heat up like in NBA Jam. But with Lebron, I always remember him missing a lot of 3 pointers and hardly every going on fire.

We must just live in a very inflated era. Back then it was much harder to get up 3 point attempts. Nowadays you get spoon-fed them, so you're not really earning them. That must be what it is. There's no way that Lebron made more 3s and shot it better than Kobe. My eyes could not have been deceiving me, I know what I saw. At the end of the day, Kobe was the better shooter and 3 point shooter. Look at free throw percentages. That will give you the more honest assessment because there's no variables when it comes to free throws.

Even in the all star game, Kobe packed Lebron twice. He could do it all. You can't deny what you saw.

Dr Hawk
02-21-2021, 11:45 AM
Kobe might be the better 3 point shooter, but Lebron is smarter.

Airupthere
02-21-2021, 11:46 AM

So careful with his stats trying to be “smart” that he’s missing out on clutch opportunities.

tpols
02-21-2021, 11:57 AM
Kobe played to win, and not to make his percentages look good. He wasn't stat conscience in terms of efficiency, yet still had quite a few championship runs where he was very efficient on high volume. Kobe was a bail out artist and ballsy player. He'd chuck a 90 footer before halftime at the buzzer for the prayer it might go in. And obviously in a situation like that, it's a nothing to lose scenario. Lebron is the type who will launch that shot a half second after the buzzer went off to pretend he was trying for it, but really wasn't and was actually just looking after his numbers. I've seen him do that a bunch of times.

Dr Hawk
02-21-2021, 12:16 PM
Kobe played to win, and not to make his percentages look good. He wasn't stat conscience in terms of efficiency, yet still had quite a few championship runs where he was very efficient on high volume. Kobe was a bail out artist and ballsy player. He'd chuck a 90 footer before halftime at the buzzer for the prayer it might go in. And obviously in a situation like that, it's a nothing to lose scenario. Lebron is the type who will launch that shot a half second after the buzzer went off to pretend he was trying for it, but really wasn't and was actually just looking after his numbers. I've seen him do that a bunch of times.

This is so true.

clipps
02-21-2021, 12:16 PM
Kobe might be the better 3 point shooter, but I yam we todd did.

fixed, bitch.

PeroAntic
02-21-2021, 12:18 PM
Lebron shoots open threes, Kobe shot contested threes, hence the percentages. Nobody in his right mind thinks Lebron is a better shooter than Kobe.

clipps
02-21-2021, 12:19 PM
This is so true.

And pretend to be disappointed without looking like he gives too much of a ****. ****ing loser, just like you.

TheCorporation
02-21-2021, 12:20 PM
Lebron shoots open threes, Kobe shot contested threes, hence the percentages. Nobody in his right mind thinks Lebron is a better shooter than Kobe.

So then LeBron is high IQ and Kobe is low IQ

LeBron chooses better spots and is a better passer which allows him to take better shots.

Thanks

PeroAntic
02-21-2021, 12:42 PM
So then LeBron is high IQ and Kobe is low IQ

LeBron chooses better spots and is a better passer which allows him to take better shots.

Thanks

Somewhere in the middle between that and Lebron is a coward who only looks to preserve his efficiency stats.

2much_knowledge
02-21-2021, 12:45 PM

This. Spot on

TheCorporation
02-21-2021, 12:45 PM
Somewhere in the middle between that and Lebron is a coward who only looks to preserve his efficiency stats.

So LeBron doesn't play "to win" he plays to "preserve his efficiency stats"

Okay, so you're saying that LeBron is SO GOOD, he doesn't even "play to win" and yet only one player in NBA history has more Final MVPs than him, zero players have more points than him, and he wasn't even trying to win?

LeGOAT :bowdown:

Thanks for the endorsement

"LeBron doesn't even try to win and yet he still has second most FMVPs and most all time points." -Pero

TheCorporation
02-21-2021, 01:07 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/CLKTMhjW/j4byroq2z5231.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/YCQYFZfH/m_scott_what.gif

PeroAntic
02-21-2021, 01:13 PM
So LeBron doesn't play "to win" he plays to "preserve his efficiency stats"

Okay, so you're saying that LeBron is SO GOOD, he doesn't even "play to win" and yet only one player in NBA history has more Final MVPs than him, zero players have more points than him, and he wasn't even trying to win?

LeGOAT :bowdown:

Thanks for the endorsement

"LeBron doesn't even try to win and yet he still has second most FMVPs and most all time points." -Pero

No, I'm saying Lebron knows he isn't a good shooter when the defence contests, so he shoots only when he is open. Kobe, because he knew he was a great shooter, shot also when it was contested. I know its a waste of time to engage with dumb Lebron stans, so I don't know why Im even bothering.

Kblaze8855
02-21-2021, 01:15 PM
He shot under 35% from 3 15 times so if you remember them going in you simply remember wrong. He had wild shot selection for one and early in his career it still wasn’t a three point shooting league. Kobe was a scorer not a shooter. There is a subtle difference.

tpols
02-21-2021, 01:22 PM
He shot under 35% from 3 15 times so if you remember them going in you simply remember wrong. He had wild shot selection for one and early in his career it still wasn’t a three point shooting league. Kobe was a scorer not a shooter. There is a subtle difference.

An 84% FT shooter wasn't a shooter? He shot 88% in the 2009 playoff run.

He was both.

Gohan
02-21-2021, 01:28 PM
All you have to do is look at a game against Charlotte when all the lights were dim in the gym to see how good Kobe was. I think he dropped like 55 on em and he was hitting clutch fadeaway 3s. One of the best players I’ve ever seen

Kblaze8855
02-21-2021, 01:40 PM
An 84% FT shooter wasn't a shooter? He shot 88% in the 2009 playoff run.

He was both.

A lot of good ft shooters are scorers not outright shooters. Too many to bother naming them. Ray Allen was a slasher, could post up, and obviously shoot the lights out. He was a scorer and a shooter. Kobe’s a scorer. It’s not like....a lesser thing. Just different.

tpols
02-21-2021, 01:49 PM
A lot of good ft shooters are scorers not outright shooters. Too many to bother naming them. Ray Allen was a slasher, could post up, and obviously shoot the lights out. He was a scorer and a shooter. Kobe’s a scorer. It’s not like....a lesser thing. Just different.

What FT shooter that peaked at almost 90% wasn't a shooter? Maybe Magic and that's it? But he didn't have any range.

Micku
02-21-2021, 01:50 PM
Kobe is a better shooter than Lebron. He shot the FTs and midrange better. The 3pt shot he could shoot it, but he had bad shot selection and the league at the time wasn't a 3pt shooting league.

But as other ppl said, he is more of a scorer than a shooter. LeBron take better shots than Kobe. He doesn't force it. And teams often give him the shot than him driving.

Micku
02-21-2021, 01:52 PM
What FT shooter that peaked at almost 90% wasn't a shooter? Maybe Magic and that's it? But he didn't have any range.

Haha, I feel like Magic was a underrated shooter. Not as good as Bird mind you and not as good as any known shooters, plus he had a weird shooting motion, but he could knock it down. Magic had a lot of open shots to be fair, he knew when to take it.

I definitely think if he worked on his 3pt shot, he'll be solid. He had some years where she shot well from there.

StrongLurk
02-21-2021, 02:14 PM
I just saw that Lebron shoots the 3 at 34.5 percent and Kobe only at 33. I don't understand how this is possible. When I was growing up, I don't remember Kobe missing. I remember him always making 3s and I feared the ball would go in every time. Like he'd heat up like in NBA Jam. But with Lebron, I always remember him missing a lot of 3 pointers and hardly every going on fire.

We must just live in a very inflated era. Back then it was much harder to get up 3 point attempts. Nowadays you get spoon-fed them, so you're not really earning them. That must be what it is. There's no way that Lebron made more 3s and shot it better than Kobe. My eyes could not have been deceiving me, I know what I saw. At the end of the day, Kobe was the better shooter and 3 point shooter. Look at free throw percentages. That will give you the more honest assessment because there's no variables when it comes to free throws.

Even in the all star game, Kobe packed Lebron twice. He could do it all. You can't deny what you saw.

OP is legit retarded :roll:

Kiddlovesnets
02-21-2021, 02:19 PM
Lebron is undoubtedly better than Kobe as a player overall, although shooting is always his deficiency. If he can shoot half as good as Kobe, he'd already be as good as MJ, but it doesnt happen.

tontoz
02-21-2021, 02:25 PM
Kobe's shot selection was awful. Guys like Curry, Dame and Harden can take tough contested 3 and make them at a good percentage. Kobe couldn't but kept taking them anyway.

Kblaze8855
02-21-2021, 04:35 PM

Magic got around 38 percent when he started shooting them I think. That said....Magic is the most obvious but there are plenty. A lot of bigs were good ft shooters.

Several scorers too. Guys like your much hated Lou Williams. He shoots better from the ft line and 3 than Kobe but he’s not a shooter either. Classic scorer. A bucket. Kobe may be the goat of that type if you don’t consider Jordan the same type. I’d say second three peat was. Young Jordan was prime Wade turned up to 11. Not a shooter but just...overwhelming.

tpols
02-21-2021, 04:57 PM
Magic got around 38 percent when he started shooting them I think. That said....Magic is the most obvious but there are plenty. A lot of bigs were good ft shooters.

Several scorers too. Guys like your much hated Lou Williams. He shoots better from the ft line and 3 than Kobe but he’s not a shooter either. Classic scorer. A bucket. Kobe may be the goat of that type if you don’t consider Jordan the same type. I’d say second three peat was. Young Jordan was prime Wade turned up to 11. Not a shooter but just...overwhelming.

I don't hate Lou Williams. I just recognize his impact offense + defense isn't positive. I'm controlled by bad things. But I don't regret that analysis.

Hey Yo
02-21-2021, 05:05 PM
Think you're referring to your new hero of the East. This is what KD had to say.

“It depends on what I’m shooting from the field. First quarter if I’m 4-for-4, I let it go. Third quarter if I’m like 10-for-16, or 10-for-17, I might let it go. But if I’m like 8-for-19, I’m going to go ahead and dribble one more second and let that buzzer go off and then throw it up there. So it depends on how the game’s going.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/kevin-durant-sometimes-doesn-t-want-chuck-low-220357263--nba.html?y20=1&guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANKrDtCKZVTNBqvS5Jk19NfqOX18-D24MIi-7a6prYAGiWtRUpRG9CZepv-4pSaFPy9fhR8AIJN4-exfgQZCsAlwbuY-2_uJmevZV47N63uXh7PhUz7ekSMlGGR5qpn_s-WnzqCc1YVnBtHNq5_S5KAXBBJKxQmCrnuky1EvOx81

HBK_Kliq_2
02-21-2021, 05:46 PM

This sums it up pretty well.

Pure 3 point shooting contest Kobe would kill Lebron.

The thing is, kobe has worse shot selection and takes way harder 3's. They are usually unpredictable.

Lebron on the other hand, i can usually tell exactly when he's about to shoot a 3. He has a flow to him when he shoots his 3's and not just random chucks like Kobe.

dankok8
02-21-2021, 06:40 PM
Haha, I feel like Magic was a underrated shooter. Not as good as Bird mind you and not as good as any known shooters, plus he had a weird shooting motion, but he could knock it down. Magic had a lot of open shots to be fair, he knew when to take it.

I definitely think if he worked on his 3pt shot, he'll be solid. He had some years where she shot well from there.

This. Magic could definitely hit jumpers especially from midrange.

HighFlyer23
02-21-2021, 07:00 PM
Kobe took retarded hero ball shots from beyond the arc

Lebron shoots transition threes in comparison

light
02-21-2021, 07:00 PM
When I was growing up, I don't remember Kobe missing.

You sound like Trump - "There's no way I lost Georgia!"

lol. Kobe definitely missed. If you watched Kobe you actually saw him miss more than you saw him make.

He was known for taking threes known as "ill advised."

LeBron is a better shot selector which is one reason why he is more efficient.

LBJ also caught fire from three often. He also gets in the zone where he doesn't miss - one after the other.

In short, LeBron makes better decisions and also gets hot from deep.

If we're talking about very deep threes (4 pointers/logo shots) then it's no contest LeBron > Kobe.

Shooter
02-21-2021, 07:26 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/CLKTMhjW/j4byroq2z5231.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/YCQYFZfH/m_scott_what.gif

/thread

Bronbron23
02-21-2021, 07:46 PM

Hard to compare tbh. Kobe could and would take and hit tougher shots often against double teams. Bron rare faces doubles and when he does he usually just passes out of it instead of trying to go at it.

Some are saying bron takes smarter ones but it's not that simple. Bron can't take and hit the kind of threes that kobe did so he doesn't bother. Kobe on the other hand could and did hit extremely tough threes so he took them more because he knew he could.

Overall I'd say Kobe was a better 3 point shooter. It's pretty close though.

Smoke117
02-21-2021, 08:08 PM
Kobe's main problem from 3pt land was his horrible shot selection. He chucked up awful 3pt shots throughout his career.

SATAN
02-21-2021, 08:47 PM
[QUOTE=PeroAntic;14256747]No, I'm saying Lebron knows he isn't a good shooter when the defence contests, so he shoots only when he is open. [QUOTE]

This is absolute nonsense.