PDA

View Full Version : What is considered Hall of Fame? What's the criteria?

Walk on Water
02-23-2021, 05:28 AM
I never understood what is considered hall of fame. People on here saying Klay can't make the hall of fame even though he has won 3 championships. Parker is better than Klay? Klay scored 60 in 3 quarters and 37 points in one quarter. How could he not be a hall of fame already? Mitch Richmond is in.

How do you determine hall of fame? It seems to me that a lot of players that made the hall of fame were never even considered MVPS or top tier superstars. Is it championships? Longevity? Sportsmanship? In baseball, Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa, and Mark McGwire never made the hall of fame, so I don't even know what is hall of fame worthy.

Is Sean Kemp a hall of famer? What about Jason Terry? Josh Howard? Monta Ellis? Del Curry? Tony Kukoc? Stephen Jackson? How about Detlef Shremp? Richard Hamilton? Ronny Seikaly? Bruce Bowen? Tom Gugliotta? David Lee? Chris Gatling? Jason Richardson?

Derick Rose a hall of famer? He was MVP. What about Tayshun Prince? Marc Gasol? Marc Jackson? Lamar Odom?

Is Baron Davis a hall of famer? How could he not be. He was the B Dizzle. Davis had a sick crossover and one of the best dunks on Kirelenko. Davis was a sick player. He's not a hall of famer?

Yao Ming made the hall. He only played like 7 full years.

Axe
02-23-2021, 05:29 AM
https://cdn.dribbble.com/users/1986644/screenshots/5450044/wimpykid_promo1.gif

baudkarma
02-23-2021, 02:30 PM
HOF voters consider a players entire career when deciding who gets in and who doesn't. That's why Yao is in, and why Parker and Ginobili will get in as well. They all have significant basketball accomplishments outside of what they did in the NBA.

Bonds, Sosa, and McGwire are not in the baseball HOF because they were caught juicing. A-Rod will be eligible next year, and he probably won't get in either.

dankok8
02-23-2021, 03:10 PM
Klay is definitely a HOF player and will get in. It's a good question because there have been some weird choices and also some omissions IMO. Of course the guys who haven't made it still can so it's more about the guys who got in and didn't deserve it. Namely a bunch of Celtics players from the 60's like KC Jones, Satch Sanders and Frank Ramsey who have made 0 all-star teams combined.

I think any player who makes 5+ all-star games generally gets in.

light
02-23-2021, 08:54 PM
There is no set criteria. It is based on the feel of a gaggle of voters.

You don't need stats. You don't need rings. You don't need all-star selections. Any way that you can convince enough people to vote for you will work. It could just be through hustle or through intelligence.

Horatio33
02-24-2021, 01:27 PM
Booker isn't getting in.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-24-2021, 01:38 PM
Klay is HOF certified already

Draymond is not

IMO Kyle Lousy is a good benchmark. If you were clearly better than him you should be in the HOF.