PDA

View Full Version : Anyone knows why Jabari Parker is not playing?

PeroAntic
02-23-2021, 07:40 PM
Apparently hes cleared from injury since a month ago. I find it hard to believe hes not good enough to get a single minute for the Kings, given their roster.

Also, he averaged 9 points in 13 minutes in the six games he played in the bubble, shooting 60 percent. Here's some highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi5Ze_RqW4M

My man is being blackballed ever since that unfortunate statement about not being paid to play defense :cry:

Xiao Yao You
02-23-2021, 08:52 PM
another elite superstar?

Smoke117
02-23-2021, 08:58 PM
More like, Does anyone care? Answer: Nope.

PeroAntic
02-23-2021, 09:00 PM
More like, Does anyone care? Answer: Nope.

He was touted as the next Lebron in highschool/college and became a 2nd pick. Then he had a few good seasons and now hes here. Anyone who pretends to want to understand basketball should be curious as to why.

basketball does not revolve around Lebron and Harden and thats it

Smoke117
02-23-2021, 09:03 PM
He was touted as the next Lebron in highschool/college and became a 2nd pick. Then he had a few good seasons and now hes here. Anyone who pretends to want to understand basketball should be curious as to why.

He was never touted as the next LeBron. GTFO of here with that bullshit.

Gatorade Sax
02-24-2021, 07:00 AM

He also had 2 ACL tears and couldn’t shoot from 3. The real world.

DoctorP
02-24-2021, 07:24 AM
might be the defense thing. I don't know.

Real Men Wear Green
02-24-2021, 08:44 AM
Do you really not know why the rest of the world doesn't believe in Parker?

PeroAntic
02-24-2021, 08:57 AM
Do you really not know why the rest of the world doesn't believe in Parker?

Is this supposed to be a rhetorical question? If you have the answer, say it. whatever I believe about Jabari's star potential, him not being able to hold a roster spot in the league is ridiculous.

CtrlAltDel
02-24-2021, 09:04 AM
He was never touted as the next LeBron. GTFO of here with that bullshit.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/si-puts-jabari-parker-on-cover-calls-him-best-hs-player-since-lebron/

Smoke117
02-24-2021, 09:07 AM
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/si-puts-jabari-parker-on-cover-calls-him-best-hs-player-since-lebron/

This is about si calling him the best hs player since Lebron...it says nothing about him being the next Lebron.

Real Men Wear Green
02-24-2021, 09:09 AM
Is this supposed to be a rhetorical question? If you have the answer, say it. whatever I believe about Jabari's star potential, him not being able to hold a roster spot in the league is ridiculous.

So you don't recall what people, myself included, have had to say about Parker's defense and attitude?

CtrlAltDel
02-24-2021, 09:23 AM
This is about si calling him the best hs player since Lebron...it says nothing about him being the next Lebron.

It’s a comparison. Similarities between Jabari and LeBron since both were the best basketball player in high school. That’s the only comparison between the two. . Jabari in his nba draft profile said his nba comparison was Carmelo Anthony though. He definitely the next Current day Carmelo Anthony.

Xiao Yao You
02-24-2021, 09:38 AM
He also had 2 ACL tears and couldn’t shoot from 3. The real world.

and said playing defense doesn't matter. Teams are lining up for that. China might call though!

PeroAntic
02-24-2021, 09:52 AM
and said playing defense doesn't matter. Teams are lining up for that. China might call though!

So lets forever shut down a player who can do a lot on the court because he said something five years ago? wow.

PeroAntic
02-24-2021, 09:54 AM

okay asshole, since you want to be literal... how do you go from being the best since Lebron to not getting a single minute for the Sacramento Kings?

ralph_i_el
02-24-2021, 10:23 AM
okay asshole, since you want to be literal... how do you go from being the best since Lebron to not getting a single minute for the Sacramento Kings?

Lots of top HS players don't pan out.

PeroAntic
02-24-2021, 10:50 AM
Lots of top HS players don't pan out.

If Jabari went to best since Lebron (that is GOAT level potential), to a rotational player playing 10-15 minutes per game I would get it, that means he didn't pan out... but to a player who literally doesn't deserve a minute on the court? sounds like blackballed to me, due to reputation issues, specifically the defence statement.

Real Men Wear Green
02-24-2021, 10:57 AM
If Jabari went to best since Lebron (that is GOAT level potential), to a rotational player playing 10-15 minutes per game I would get it, that means he didn't pan out... but to a player who literally doesn't deserve a minute on the court? sounds like blackballed to me, due to reputation issues, specifically the defence statement.

Blackballed is Colin Kaepernick. Parker is on a team making good money. Team owner is not signing those checks so they can punish a guy by not using him. They just don't think he can help.

pandiani17
02-24-2021, 12:51 PM
I think the injuries have diminished his level of play, and he doesn't look very motivated, to be honest. If not, he wouldn't have been traded so many times.

PeroAntic
02-24-2021, 04:04 PM
From those most recent highlights it seems he still has the hops, the quickness, handle and shooting ability. when I say 'blackballed' I mean punished due to reputation rather than reality.

Still I find it curious how the coach hasn't come out and said that Jabari doesn't play because *insert reason*. Nobudy even seems to ask.

fsvr54
02-24-2021, 04:18 PM
Played better for the Hawks last year than Gallo is doing this year.

TAZORAC
02-25-2021, 04:44 AM
Former Duke players don't get playing time on the KINGS, which includes he and Bagly