PDA

View Full Version : Michael Goat Jordan undefeated in championship series in all levels!!!

2much_knowledge
02-24-2021, 12:46 AM
Nba 6-0
Ncaa 1-0
Fiba 2 - 0
Olympics 2 - 0

11 - 0
Talk about stepping up in the big stage

Anyone other star in history?

Sulico
02-24-2021, 01:18 AM
That might also mean that Jordan only could get to the finals when his team is much better than anybody elses.

light
02-24-2021, 01:32 AM
Here’s the thing. MJ had the same starting five for 5 consecutive seasons from 1989 to 1993 (Paxson, Jordan, Pippen, Grant, Cartwright) and only made it to the finals 3 times. They lost twice to the Detroit Pistons in the ECF in 1989 and 1990.

And this was during the talent diluted expansion era (1988-2004)!

He lost in an even earlier round in 1995.

So color us unimpressed by his “undefeated” record.

Axe
02-24-2021, 01:33 AM
Not without pippen tho

And1AllDay
02-24-2021, 02:33 AM
mike lost in the first round three times

weak stuff

cant even take him serious anymore

only guy in the top 10 with three or more 1st rd exits

bran = 0
russell = 0
kareem = 1
magic = 1
goatbe = 1
shaq = 2
bird = 1
wilt = 2
duncan = 1

mike jordan...3 pathetic

2much_knowledge
02-24-2021, 04:20 AM
Here’s the thing. MJ had the same starting five for 5 consecutive seasons from 1989 to 1993 (Paxson, Jordan, Pippen, Grant, Cartwright) and only made it to the finals 3 times. They lost twice to the Detroit Pistons in the ECF in 1989 and 1990.

And this was during the talent diluted expansion era (1988-2004)!

He lost in an even earlier round in 1995.

So color us unimpressed by his “undefeated” record.

Lol @ the expansion era ending in 2004. How convenient lololol

2much_knowledge
02-24-2021, 04:21 AM

weak stuff

bran = 0
russell = 0
kareem = 1
magic = 1
goatbe = 1
shaq = 2
bird = 1
wilt = 2
duncan = 1

mike jordan...3 pathetic

You are a fake Kobe fan. Kobe is my favorite player ever along with Vince and real kobe fans do NOT disrespect MJ. Fake a$$ disguised bran stan

Spurs m8
02-24-2021, 04:23 AM
Funniest part is how hard he triggers Bron stans...almost 2 decades after retiring hahahha

You just know he's in these losers heads when they go to sleep and wake up...

THE GOAT

TheGoatest
02-24-2021, 04:24 AM

weak stuff

bran = 0
russell = 0
kareem = 1
magic = 1
goatbe = 1
shaq = 2
bird = 1
wilt = 2
duncan = 1

mike jordan...3 pathetic

:oldlol:

If there was a ring awarded for a 1st round exit, Jordan would be like:

https://thecianboland.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/8f2f70728c0ad21334a59e636c73b57e-sports-photos-chicago-bulls.jpg

The GOAT of 1st round exit rings.

Spurs m8
02-24-2021, 04:25 AM
Let's forget the winning part of him for a sec...

Imagine thinking Bron has the same level of skill on court as Jordan did.

You'd at least be embarrassed to admit you might think that...if you know anything about basketball.

I always wonder if its just on the Internet and fake media he's apparently in the goat discussion...because irl I never hear it...though no one would put their face to such an embarrassing comment hahahahah

2much_knowledge
02-24-2021, 04:37 AM
Funniest thing of it all is that branstans only attack the beginning or the end of Mj's career cause the can't fck with his prime. But people like myself can attack Lebron during his prime years a whole lot :)

We have prime options. We could talk about 2010, bailing out of his hometown team, we could talk about Jason terry lol, we could talk about 17&18 getting owned by KD or we could talk about 2019 not even making the playoffs

I give him a pass in 2007

Spurs m8
02-24-2021, 04:50 AM
Funniest thing of it all is that branstans only attack the beginning or the end of Mj's career cause the can't fck with his prime. But people like myself can attack Lebron during his prime years a whole lot :)

We have prime options. We could talk about 2010, bailing out of his hometown team, we could talk about Jason terry lol, we could talk about 17&18 getting owned by KD or we could talk about 2019 not even making the playoffs

Jesus christ...you putting these bron stans on suicide watch

2much_knowledge
02-24-2021, 04:56 AM
Jesus christ...you putting these bron stans on suicide watch

Its like a hobby lol. I've been reading b.s since 2014 from the outside because i.s.h wouldn't approve my registration until this year. They had it coming for a looooong time

warriorfan
02-24-2021, 05:02 AM
LeBron joined with the 2nd and 4th highest PER in the league and got outscored by Jason Terry in the NBA Finals and lost.

That would be like if Michael Jordan joined with Magic Johnson and Hakeem Olajuwon and lost while being outscored by John Starks in the Finals.

Btw Anthony Davis is ranked 3rd in all of nba history of career per (https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/per_career.html)

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-24-2021, 05:15 AM
LeBron joined with the 2nd and 4th highest PER in the league and got outscored by Jason Terry in the NBA Finals and lost.

That would be like if Michael Jordan joined with Magic Johnson and Hakeem Olajuwon and lost while being outscored by John Starks in the Finals.

Btw Anthony Davis is ranked 3rd in all of nba history of career per (https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/per_career.html)

Remember how much Branfags loved PER back in his first Cleveland stint? Then when you had so many players matching or exceeding his numbers they stopped talking about it :oldlol:

Axe
02-24-2021, 06:43 AM

Well a lot of them will just point out that mj dominated in a weak era, a rebuttal about him winning in the 90s.

TheGoatest
02-24-2021, 09:03 AM
Well a lot of them will just point out that mj dominated in a weak era, a rebuttal about him winning in the 90s.

Here is a video of Jordan stans talking about Jordan's competition in the 90s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI

Axe
02-24-2021, 09:07 AM
Here is a video of Jordan stans talking about Jordan's competition in the 90s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI
Yet you also do a pretty good job at showing that you're obsessed at him, don't you think? ;)

HoopsNY
02-24-2021, 11:50 AM
Lol @ the expansion era ending in 2004. How convenient lololol

Bran stans pull that weak argument every time they seek to diminish from MJ being the GOAT because they like to regurgitate misconceptions.

For one, the Bulls let go of Bj Armstrong in the expansion draft, and still won the title in 1996. :roll:

Furthermore, go look at expansion from 1988 onward. 97_Bulls had pointed this out and it's a great point:

If expansion made it easier for MJ, (and only MJ because no one saw any benefit from expansion BUT MJ), then why didn't other teams reach higher ceilings in their W-L record? In fact, some of the best teams saw their win totals decline after expansion.

LAL '88: 62 Wins
LAL '89: 57 Wins

Den '88: 54 Wins
Den '89: 44 Wins

Bos '88: 59 Wins
Bos '89: 57 Wins

Chi '88: 50 Wins
Chi '89: 47 Wins (Ironically Chicago's win total dropped a little) :oldlol:

Detroit won 63 games in 1989 and then dropped to 59 wins in 1990.

Phoenix won 55 games in 1989 and then 54 in 1990.

The Lakers won 63 games in 1990 and then 58 in 1991.

Atlanta won 52 games in 1989 and 41 in 1990.

In 1996, after expansion, San Antonio, Utah, New York, Charlotte, etc, all saw their win totals decline. Yet expansion conveniently made it easier for only MJ (not the Bulls even as an entirety - just MJ), win and get his team to ridiculous win totals? :lol

In addition, it's as if Chicago would have been the only team to not get a shot at more players through the draft, free agency, or trades had there not been expansion.

Imagine how much hatred one must have in their hearts for MJ to want to restrict Chicago from ever having a chance at guys like Stoudamire, Shaq, Penny, Scott, Bogues, Rice, Seikaly, LJ, Mourning, Gilliam, Gill, Abdur-Rahim, Reeves, etc. Oh, and BJ...who they won without. :roll:

3ball
02-24-2021, 01:42 PM
Everyone in history needed an equal-scoring partner (1b) for half of their rings except the goat, who won 6 rings with a true 2nd option that averaged far less in every playoffs.

Teammate scoring matters because equal-scoring teammates attract equal defensive attention, so only MJ faced "1-man team" defensive attention for his entire career, (thus giving maximum integrity to his stats and rings).. Kenny Smith talks about MJ being the only 1-man show here (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4UF6Xx3F2Lo&t=01m54s).

So rings with 2nd options are greater than rings with 1b's and Jordan has 4 more rings with 2nd options than anyone else in history - that's his irrefutable goat argument.

Btw, everyone in history that won 3 Finals needed a teammate to win FMVP or average 25 ppg for at least 1 of the Finals.. But Pippen is 0/6 in FMVP and peaked at 21 ppg, so only MJ could win 3 or 3-peat with Pippen

SouBeachTalents
02-24-2021, 01:44 PM
Everyone in history needed an equal-scoring partner (1b) for half of their rings except the goat, who won 6 rings with a true 2nd option that averaged far less in every playoffs.

Teammate scoring matters because equal-scoring teammates attract equal defensive attention, so only MJ faced "1-man team" defensive attention for his entire career, (thus giving maximum integrity to his stats and rings).. Kenny Smith talks about MJ being the only 1-man show here (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4UF6Xx3F2Lo&t=01m54s).

So rings with 2nd options are greater than rings with 1b's and Jordan has 4 more rings with 2nd options than anyone else in history - that's his irrefutable goat argument.

Btw, everyone in history that won 3 Finals needed a teammate to win FMVP or average 25 ppg for at least 1 of the Finals.. But Pippen is 0/6 in FMVP and peaked at 21 ppg, so only MJ could win 3 or 3-peat with Pippen
Yeah, but Jordan couldn't even make the Finals with a guy who did this

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?490651-There-s-only-3-seasons-where-someone-got-100-steal-100-block-300-assist-300-rebs

Hey Yo
02-24-2021, 02:07 PM

Jordan quit the league in his prime, after only 7 full consecutive seasons, due to mental and physical fatigue.

That's soft AF.

3ball
02-24-2021, 02:33 PM
Yeah, but Jordan couldn't even make the Finals with a guy who did this

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?490651-There-s-only-3-seasons-where-someone-got-100-steal-100-block-300-assist-300-rebs

That was ESPN finding out which players in history averaged 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal and 1 block for a single season... aka who cares

Typical of ESPN to cite meaningless stat lines

Did you know Stockton is the only player to average 13 apg and 2 steals? Wow.. goat

Airupthere
02-24-2021, 02:34 PM
Jordan was so young in the 84 olympics. Are you sure that did not result in a Bronze?

SouBeachTalents
02-24-2021, 02:43 PM
That was ESPN finding out which players in history averaged 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal and 1 block.. aka who cares

Typical of ESPN to cite meaningless stat lines

Did you know Stockton is the only player to average 13 apg and 2 steals? Wow.. goat
You were so impressed by that stat you made a thread propping up Jordan for achieving it. It was only after finding out that Pippen was the only other player to accomplish it too that you no longer found it impressive :lol

3ball
02-24-2021, 03:02 PM
You were so impressed by that stat you made a thread propping up Jordan for achieving it. It was only after finding out that Pippen was the only other player to accomplish it too that you no longer found it impressive :lol

Yes I conceded that I made a mistake putting my faith in ESPN - I vowed to never trust them for legitimate stats again

Indeed, their Jordan stat was actually was a secret pippen prop-up and they got me with it

But they ultimately make my point:

imagine having to pretend like 4 rebounds and 4 assists is great lol.. that's how shitty pippen was.. he simply benefitted from being on the only 2 star dynasty - he got dynasty credit without having to share shine with 3rd and 4th stars, despite playing worse than guys like Worthy (who was #1 option on B2B champs).. that's why Pippen's perceived rank is much higher than his statistical ranking (about 120th).

The winning spotlight simply inflated his garbage stats... he was the lucky bum that won the "3-peat with MJ" lottery.. Carry on

SouBeachTalents
02-24-2021, 03:03 PM
Yes I conceded in that thread that I made a mistake putting my faith in ESPN - I vowed to never trust them for legitimate stats again

Indeed, their Jordan stat was actually was a secret pippen prop-up and they got me with it

imagine having to pretend like 4 rebounds and 4 assists is great lol.. that's how shitty pippen was.. he simply benefitted from being on the only 2 star dynasty - heck, Worthy was #1 option on back-to-back champs, so pippen played worse than everyone, but got dynasty credit without having to share shine with 3rd and 4th stars.. that's why his perceived rank is much higher than his statistical ranking (about 120th)

The winning spotlight simply inflated his garbage stats... he was the lucky bum that won the "3-peat with MJ" lottery.. Carry on
:roll: They don't even mention Pippen in the video that you posted in the OP, it's literally titled "Top 5 Jordan stats that will shock you"

Coming up with QAnon level conspiracy theories now :lol

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-24-2021, 03:04 PM
Yes I conceded that I made a mistake putting my faith in ESPN - I vowed to never trust them for legitimate stats again

imagine having to pretend like 4 rebounds and 4 assists is great lol.. that's how shitty pippen was.. he simply benefitted from being on the only 2 star dynasty - you probably forget that a guy like Worthy was #1 option on back-to-back champs - so pippen played worse than everyone but got dynasty credit without having to share shine with 3rd and 4th stars.. that's why his perceived rank is much higher than his statistical ranking (about 120th)

Replace 91-98 Pippu with 07-14 Iguodala..

Does anything change in Bulls lore?

3ball
02-24-2021, 03:08 PM
:roll: They don't even mention Pippen in the video that you posted in the OP, it's literally titled "Top 5 Jordan stats that will shock you"

Coming up with QAnon level conspiracy theories now :lol

Once I saw that pippen achieved the feat, it put the feat in proper perspective and actually made sense, aka imagine having to pretend like 4 rebounds and 4 assists is great lol..

that's how shitty pippen was.. he simply benefitted from being on the only 2 star dynasty - aka he got dynasty credit without having to share shine with 3rd and 4th stars, despite playing worse than guys like Worthy (who was #1 option on B2B champs).. that's why Pippen's perceived rank is much higher than his statistical ranking (about 120th).

The winning spotlight simply inflated his garbage stats... he was the lucky bum that won the "3-peat with MJ" lottery.

AirBonner
02-24-2021, 03:10 PM
Who was MJ’s toughest opponent?

Hey Yo
02-24-2021, 04:09 PM
Once I saw that pippen achieved the feat, it put the feat in proper perspective and actually made sense, aka imagine having to pretend like 4 rebounds and 4 assists is great lol..

that's how shitty pippen was.. he simply benefitted from being on the only 2 star dynasty - aka he got dynasty credit without having to share shine with 3rd and 4th stars, despite playing worse than guys like Worthy (who was #1 option on B2B champs).. that's why Pippen's perceived rank is much higher than his statistical ranking (about 120th).

The winning spotlight simply inflated his garbage stats... he was the lucky bum that won the "3-peat with MJ" lottery.
MJ won FMVP with 4-2.

3ball
02-24-2021, 04:16 PM
MJ won FMVP with 4-2.

Exactly - it shows there's no correlation between individual rebounding and winning, or individual passing and winning (role player categories)

Otoh, individual scoring (star category) shows a direct correlation to winning or losing (aka if lebron scores under 20, his team mostly loses).

So Jordan achieved goat production in the area that shows the biggest correlation with winning, which allowed him to execute the biggest carry-job in history (he defeated the Duncan/Shaq/Hakeem-killers with zero help, aka Kukoc was 2nd option)

AirBonner
02-24-2021, 04:31 PM
MJ has losing records against Bird and Isiah Thomas

2much_knowledge
02-24-2021, 04:40 PM
Remember how much Branfags loved PER back in his first Cleveland stint? Then when you had so many players matching or exceeding his numbers they stopped talking about it :oldlol:

Ohh i remeber that clearly. For a while it was THE excellence meter lol

2much_knowledge
02-24-2021, 04:53 PM

Total b.s. They always bringing up Bill Russell's rings but never ever try to imply that the 50s and 60s were a weak era , and it was. The only weak era is the 90s lol. For years they were saying the modern era is too much because of athleticism, and then luka and jokic showed up and that went out the window