PDA

View Full Version : So when will the promised 1.9 trillion stimulus be passed?

oldtimer28
02-24-2021, 06:41 AM
All Democrat simple majority vote. Why the delay?

The senate votes 26 Feb yes but they can only approve or reject unedited yes?

So likely rejected due to minimum wage inclusion?

Sent back, amended, and resubmitted?

Think it will be done before the mid March deadline?

Anything else interesting about this stimulus?

Axe
02-24-2021, 07:52 AM
Bad news for residents on welfare.

diamenz
02-24-2021, 11:29 AM
"if you elect jon osoff and raphael warlock to the senate, those $2k checks will go out the door immediately"

- joe biden on the georgia stump AFTER the $600 checks were passed under the PREVIOUS administration. those checks could have been cut on day ONE of biden's presidency through budget reconciliation if he really wanted them to be.

a month and a half later, it's now $1,400 on top of the $600 "more targeted", whenever we get to it... maybe.

in other words, biden lied to americans and especially georgians that won him his senate majority. in addition to that, many folks that received a check under a conservative president will be cut out of a check under a democratic president because of stricter targeting. how's that for optics? in the end, the bad orange man will have sent more money to americans than joe biden. furthermore, it was trump that originally pushed for these $2k checks (albiet not very hard - all he did was tweet about it) while joe biden wanted democrats to pass december's stimulus bill WITHOUT checks!I

at least we've brought back the soul of america, doe.

Nanners
02-24-2021, 11:40 AM
Democrats before elections - elect us because were less evil... also we will forgive your student loans and immediately send out checks for 2k...

Democrats after elections - elect us because republicans are terrorists... and you arent getting a shred of help for your loans, and btw your taxes are going up...

Patrick Chewing
02-24-2021, 11:41 AM
All those promises. The sheep voters of America....bamboozled yet again!

https://media.tenor.com/images/6cf8c73cb0c866abbc3820cd28eb89c5/tenor.gif

BigKobeFan
02-24-2021, 11:52 AM
You guys keep getting duped daily by this con man for your votes. The checks were supposed to come out on jan 21. Its almost march

Code Breaker
02-24-2021, 12:01 PM
What’s funny is if Trump would’ve won he and the Dems would’ve been in agreement with the Stimulus checks. Every single Republican voted no on it. Opening up the economy and business is what’s more important. I feel really good about this spring and summer.

TeflonDonTrump
02-24-2021, 12:45 PM
What’s funny is if Trump would’ve won he and the Dems would’ve been in agreement with the Stimulus checks. Every single Republican voted no on it. Opening up the economy and business is what’s more important. I feel really good about this spring and summer.

I know. Trump agreed with the democrats and they still disagreed somehow.

rawimpact
02-24-2021, 12:54 PM
remember during his inauguration he said it was his top priority?

Looks like he forgot, someone please go remind him again.

Patrick Chewing
02-24-2021, 01:02 PM
remember during his inauguration he said it was his top priority?

Looks like he forgot, someone please go remind him again.

Staffer: "Sir, remember the stimulus you promised all Americans? Well, they're still waiting for it."

Biden: "Why are you telling me this? I'm not the President."

TeflonDonTrump
02-24-2021, 01:07 PM
Staffer: "Sir, remember the stimulus you promised all Americans? Well, they're still waiting for it."

Biden: "Why are you telling me this? I'm not the President."

What a sorry excuse of a president. Trump promised me a wall, and got me a wall. Promised to get rid of obummer care and got rid of the individual mandate. Banned those terrorists and we got a ban.

RRR3
02-24-2021, 01:22 PM
Even I didn’t think the Dems could blow this layup, but they have :lol

I imagine they’ll pass something at some point but it doesn’t seem to matter to many liberals anyways. People are so partisan which is exactly the way Washington wants it.

Charlie Sheen
02-24-2021, 01:32 PM
Even I didn’t think the Dems could blow this layup, but they have :lol

I imagine they’ll pass something at some point but it doesn’t seem to matter to many liberals anyways. People are so partisan which is exactly the way Washington wants it.

This is Bernie's legacy. He had the support and momentum to effect real change. In the end, Bernie was motivated by what's best for Bernie. Imagine if he would have ran as a 3rd party candidate for president giving the voters a real option beyond the donkeys and the elephants. He wouldn't have won the presidency but it would have laid the groundwork for a third political party siphoning power from the other two.

RRR3
02-24-2021, 01:36 PM
This is Bernie's legacy. He had the support and momentum to effect real change. In the end, Bernie was motivated by what's best for Bernie. Imagine if he would have ran as a 3rd party candidate for president giving the voters a real option beyond the donkeys and the elephants. He wouldn't have won the presidency but it would have laid the groundwork for a third political party siphoning power from the other two.
Bernie didn’t want Trump to win. It’s as simple as that. I’m not Bernie idk why you’re thinking I speak for him or agree with everything he does?
Electoral politics will at best lead to social democracy in America so relying solely on electoralism is ****ing stupid anyways if you ask me. I’m over it. No one with political views similar to mine could possibly get elected and stay in office unless they hid them and if they hide them what’s the point? Incremental change? **** that.

Cleverness
02-24-2021, 01:43 PM
https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1364415297088749572

Charlie Sheen
02-24-2021, 01:53 PM
Bernie didn’t want Trump to win. It’s as simple as that. I’m not Bernie idk why you’re thinking I speak for him or agree with everything he does?
Electoral politics will at best lead to social democracy in America so relying solely on electoralism is ****ing stupid anyways if you ask me. I’m over it. No one with political views similar to mine could possibly get elected and stay in office unless they hid them and if they hide them what’s the point? Incremental change? **** that.

It wasn't necessary to quote you to make that post. You're right calling me out for that. :cheers:

Why is incremental change **** that?

AKA_AAP
02-24-2021, 04:58 PM

Amen and Awoman!

oldtimer28
02-25-2021, 12:28 AM
so no predictions?

Lakers Legend#32
02-25-2021, 01:32 AM
Nothing for MAGATs

And1AllDay
02-25-2021, 02:40 AM
Bad news for residents on welfare.

welfare fan got this thread on F5 refresh rapid fire :oldlol:

where muh money? :oldlol: