PDA

View Full Version : Zlatan Ibrahimovic rips LeBron James

Nike D'Antoni
02-25-2021, 09:58 PM
“He’s phenomenal, but I don’t like when people with a ‘status’ speak about politics. Do what you’re good doing,” Ibrahimovic said. “I play football because I’m the best playing football, I’m no politician. If I’d been a politician, I would be doing politics. This is the first mistake famous people do when they become famous: for me it is better to avoid certain topics and do what you’re good doing, otherwise you risk doing something wrongly.”

https://lakersdaily.com/zlatan-ibrahimovic-on-lebron-james-like-when-people-status-speak-about-politics-do-what-youre-good-doing/

AirBonner
02-25-2021, 10:05 PM
Who?

fourkicks44
02-25-2021, 10:06 PM
Sounds like a cuck that doesn't know what he is talking about.

I guess to his credit he admits he is a dumb ass that dosen't know what he is talking about.

An oxymoronic quote by someone straight up moronic

zeerghit
02-25-2021, 10:09 PM
Who?

really???

AirBonner
02-25-2021, 10:40 PM
really???

Not everyone is as dedicated at trolling as you

bullettooth
02-25-2021, 10:43 PM
Who?

Bron stan spotted.

hold this L
02-25-2021, 10:46 PM
Who?

https://media.giphy.com/media/5WfVbfCD7nMpVqpSlg/giphy.gif

L8krH8tr
02-25-2021, 10:46 PM
Soccer is more popular worldwide (football) but here in the USA it's below fucccing Hockey/NHL. nobody cares about the MLS or what soccer players say anyways so stfu Zlatan.

Stanley Kobrick
02-25-2021, 10:48 PM
I believe Zlatan Ibrahimovicis is the Stephen A Smith equivelant of Chechnya and highly respected by Kurds

bison
02-25-2021, 11:06 PM
There’s some truth to this. At least in the US, you have tons of successful celebrities that are good at their craft but feel pressured to reach the transcendental levels of icons like Elvis, Michael Jackson, Jordan or Mohammed Ali. So they take up these neoliberal causes spoonfed you them by what corporations think are revolutionary. LeBron is example of this. He builds schools for disadvantage kids but you won’t ever see him criticize capitalism or corporations. I don’t doubt lebrons good intentions but his worldview is limited and he’s only been exposed to the brand-building corporate sponsored form of charity.

ZionDunks
02-25-2021, 11:07 PM
Who?

Yeah, who. Lol.

Just a guy with 20 million more followers than Lebron.

What’s funny to me - and I am an NBA fan - is this nonchalant attitude by other NBA fans that seem to foolishly believe it reigns supreme culturally still. Hate to say it but outside of the 2% on twitter and here, no one cares anymore.

Go look at how many people follow the Chicago bulls or even the Lakers.

Then go look at how many people follow Real Madrid, Manchester City, or Bayern Munich.

Then tell me “who”. Culturally, the NBA is an underwear stain globally. Even when you toss in LeDisney and China. Sucks but true. The NBA has lost the culture

DoctorP
02-25-2021, 11:07 PM
“He’s phenomenal, but I don’t like when people with a ‘status’ speak about politics. Do what you’re good doing,” Ibrahimovic said. “I play football because I’m the best playing football, I’m no politician. If I’d been a politician, I would be doing politics. This is the first mistake famous people do when they become famous: for me it is better to avoid certain topics and do what you’re good doing, otherwise you risk doing something wrongly.”

https://lakersdaily.com/zlatan-ibrahimovic-on-lebron-james-like-when-people-status-speak-about-politics-do-what-youre-good-doing/

he's not wrong. James' politics are annoying Karen whines but in 30 years no one will remember James's tweets...will they? Will the tweets be more important than the play?

bison
02-25-2021, 11:11 PM
Who?

It’s almost like LeBron simps are proud of being ignorant. Kobe fans respect The Beautiful Game and acknowledge Zlatan as a fellow Sigma male.

ZionDunks
02-25-2021, 11:16 PM
he's not wrong. James' politics are annoying Karen whines but in 30 years no one will remember James's tweets...will they? Will the tweets be more important than the play?

I think the play will be remembered but LeBron James should be loved and liked by all like MJ or any other great was; is instead really only liked by half and the other half of Americans who know who he is see through him and actually dislike him. That’s a shame.

fourkicks44
02-25-2021, 11:18 PM
Yeah, who. Lol.

Just a guy with 20 million more followers than Lebron.

What’s funny to me - and I am an NBA fan - is this nonchalant attitude by other NBA fans that seem to foolishly believe it reigns supreme culturally still. Hate to say it but outside of the 2% on twitter and here, no one cares anymore.

Go look at how many people follow the Chicago bulls or even the Lakers.

Then go look at how many people follow Real Madrid, Manchester City, or Bayern Munich.

Then tell me “who”. Culturally, the NBA is an underwear stain globally. Even when you toss in LeDisney and China. Sucks but true. The NBA has lost the culture

Some truth to this but Bron has way more money and a legacy that can't be compared.

Once this cuck retires he will be forgotten about forever.

FultzNationRISE
02-25-2021, 11:20 PM

I guess to his credit he admits he is a dumb ass that dosen't know what he is talking about.

Something tells me your own politics make this a deliciously ironic accusation.

light
02-25-2021, 11:26 PM
Nobody knows who that is.

hold this L
02-25-2021, 11:26 PM
Some truth to this but Bron has way more money and a legacy that can't be compared.

Zlatan is the opposite of a cuck. One of biggest alphas in football. His interviews even if you don't like football are hilarious, dude has Ali-tier arrogance & charisma (just not as good at his profession despite being world class for 15 years)

tontoz
02-25-2021, 11:33 PM
Nobody knows who that is.

He's a foreigner so it is understandable that he has no clue what is going on here.

ZionDunks
02-25-2021, 11:41 PM

I’ll try again.

Lebron is known all throughout the world but his sport and what he represents isn’t. It’s like Tiger woods. Everyone knows him but not that many people follow golf. Same with Lebron globally. Zlatan is a star in a game people care about.

Everywhere I have traveled cares. Costa Rica, Italy, Spain, France, Argentina, Scotland. Soccer/futbol is religion in all those places and they will always know the Zlatan.

It’s not better because it’s popular but it’s just something I like to remind Americans when they look down upon Zlatan for responding to Lebron and they say “who is this loser?” If Zlatan woke up tomorrow and was a basketball player for the lakers instead of a gladiator for AC Milan, he would hang himself instantly.

And honestly I love nba.

fourkicks44
02-26-2021, 12:18 AM
Something tells me your own politics make this a deliciously ironic accusation.

He is a cuck because he is scared to speak up about those that make political decisions that impact him.

He doesn't believe in self determination or free speech.

Sounds like the most undemocratic thing I have ever heard.

Cuck like.

Then the hypocritical dumbass thinks he will speak up against people who are willing to speak out.

I’ll try again.

Lebron is known all throughout the world but his sport and what he represents isn’t. It’s like Tiger woods. Everyone knows him but not that many people follow golf. Same with Lebron globally. Zlatan is a star in a game people care about.

Everywhere I have traveled cares. Costa Rica, Italy, Spain, France, Argentina, Scotland. Soccer/futbol is religion in all those places and they will always know the Zlatan.

It’s not better because it’s popular but it’s just something I like to remind Americans when they look down upon Zlatan for responding to Lebron and they say “who is this loser?” If Zlatan woke up tomorrow and was a basketball player for the lakers instead of a gladiator for AC Milan, he would hang himself instantly.

And honestly I love nba.

Lebron OWNS Liverpool FC.

Which is a better team than the team he plays for.

Think about that.

FultzNationRISE
02-26-2021, 12:49 AM
He is a cuck because he is scared to speak up about those that make political decisions that impact him.

Cuck like.

Then the hypocritical dumbass thinks he will speak up against people who are willing to speak out.

He doesn't seem like someone who's particularly scared to say whatever's on his mind. He's basically admitting that politics just aren't on his mind, so he doesnt talk about them.

Ofc I'm not saying anyone should aspire to be politically ignorant... but if Zlatan decided to randomly speak about politics without having a clue what he's saying... he would basically sound like a lot of these NBA players. (Not talking about Lebron here obviously, because he's a woke, hung genius. But other players with similar "views.") It's like a genuine intellectual playing pickup ball at a YMCA rec league and thinking he belongs in the NBA. A lot of player 'activists' are completely clueless on issues they 'activate.'

So he's basically saying neither of them really knows shit, but only one of them constantly throws ignorant, cringey, self-important political drivel into the public sphere.

Can't really argue with him there (Regarding Lebron's peers, not Lebron himself obvi)

fourkicks44
02-26-2021, 12:59 AM
He doesn't seem like someone who's particularly scared to say whatever's on his mind. He's basically admitting that politics just aren't on his mind, so he doesnt talk about them.

Ofc I'm not saying anyone should aspire to be politically ignorant... but if Zlatan decided to randomly speak about politics without having a clue what he's saying... he would basically sound like a lot of these NBA players. (Not talking about Lebron here obviously, because he's a woke, hung genius. But other players with similar "views.") It's like a genuine intellectual playing pickup ball at a YMCA rec league and thinking he belongs in the NBA. A lot of player 'activists' are completely clueless on issues they 'activate.'

So he's basically saying neither of them really knows shit, but only one of them constantly throws ignorant, cringey, self-important political drivel into the public sphere.

Can't really argue with him there (Regarding Lebron's peers, not Lebron himself obvi)

Zlatan needs to take his own advice.

Who is the true 'King' to listen to?

Lebron or Carl XVI Gustaf?

iamgine
02-26-2021, 01:09 AM
Basically he's saying, if you're dumb about something, just shut up and dribble. Because your ignorance can affect many people's lives and future.

ZenMaster
02-26-2021, 01:21 AM

Cuck like.

Lebron OWNS Liverpool FC.

Which is a better team than the team he plays for.

Think about that.

:oldlol:

He probably just understands that as an athlete he's also a brand in his own entity, so him expressing opinions about politics would affect the opinion of many others. I agree with him that he shouldn't use his platform to try and change the world towards one side of politics or the other, because his opinion doesn't matter more than yours or mine.

What if Zlatan is right wing? Should he then still be using his platform to enlighten the masses on politics, or are you expecting him to only express a certain set of political thoughts?

https://youtu.be/S9crCHv38iY

fourkicks44
02-26-2021, 01:28 AM
:oldlol:

He probably just understands that as an athlete he's also a brand in his own entity, so him expressing opinions about politics would affect the opinion of many others. I agree with him that he shouldn't use his platform to try and change the world towards one side of politics or the other, because his opinion doesn't matter more than yours or mine.

What if Zlatan is right wing? Should he then still be using his platform to enlighten the masses on politics, or are you expecting him to only express a certain set of political thoughts?

https://youtu.be/S9crCHv38iY

Zlatan is welcome to his own poltical opnions of his desired persuasion and should express them openly in the market of ideas for robust wider discussion.

He shouldn't be scared and shouldn't persuade others to be scared either.

Open to both criticizim and support, to better the outcomes for all people of the world, to enlighten, educate and open minds.

AirBonner
02-26-2021, 01:31 AM
Who tf is this guy? 20mil followers? Maybe 5k of those are from the U.S. lol

ZenMaster
02-26-2021, 01:35 AM
Zlatan is welcome to his own poltical opnions of his desired persuasion and should express them openly in the market of ideas for robust wider discussion.

Open to both criticizim and support, to better the outcomes for all people of the world, to enlighten, educate and open minds.

I'm sure he has his own political opinion and is willing to discuss it, but why should he use his individual brand entity to try and persuade others to think the same as him?
"To enlighten, educate and open minds", why do you think Zlatan or any other athlete or celebrity is worthy of educating others on world matters?

fourkicks44
02-26-2021, 02:12 AM
I'm sure he has his own political opinion and is willing to discuss it, but why should he use his individual brand entity to try and persuade others to think the same as him?
"To enlighten, educate and open minds", why do you think Zlatan or any other athlete or celebrity is worthy of educating others on world matters?

Everybody is 'worthy' of expressing themselves.

Celebrity or not.

That is my point.

LAL
02-26-2021, 02:22 AM

This is so American. :facepalm

Hey Yo
02-26-2021, 02:22 AM
Bron stan spotted.

Soccer phagg spotted

ZenMaster
02-26-2021, 03:06 AM
Everybody is 'worthy' of expressing themselves.

Celebrity or not.

That is my point.

I'm sure Zlatan is fine expressing his opinion, but that doesn't mean broadcasting it out through social media channels or to reporters.

Why should millions of people listen to his political opinion like it matters, just because he's good at sports? It's not about whether or not he's worthy, but whether or not these celebrities are inducing the sentiment that everything needs to be political, everything is a message.

DoctorP
02-26-2021, 03:10 AM
Soccer phagg spotted

what year is this?

people like this exist? :lol

ZionDunks
02-26-2021, 03:35 AM
LeBron lied about reading a Malcolm X book like a child.

Zlatan is right. Aside from being unsavory, in culture, Lebron James and all NBA players don’t have the reach and impact they perceive that they do.

Sadly, this is not the era of Magic, Bird, and MJ. This isn’t even the era of Kobe.

No one outside of nba twitter and the guys here give a **** about the NBA anymore. Lie to your wife but stop lying to each other and yourself.

k0kakw0rld
02-26-2021, 03:37 AM

Zlatan is a loser who thinks he is better than everybody. He's arrogant for absolutely no reason. He hasn't won anything as a footballer. No balloon d'or no champions league no world Cup. Please op is a Fakkit don't listen to him.

k0kakw0rld
02-26-2021, 03:38 AM
Zlatan is a guy who played in the biggest teams there is (Inter, Juve, Barcelona, AC Milan, Manchester United) but never won anything major.

He's overrated just like that fakkip op.

FultzNationRISE
02-26-2021, 03:55 AM
I'm sure Zlatan is fine expressing his opinion, but that doesn't mean broadcasting it out through social media channels or to reporters.

Why should millions of people listen to his political opinion like it matters, just because he's good at sports? It's not about whether or not he's worthy, but whether or not these celebrities are inducing the sentiment that everything needs to be political, everything is a message.

Which is kinda ironic considering he has millions of twitter followers, as does Lebron.

Like who are all these millions of people that follow celebrities on twitter?? Shit fux with my head tbh. Humanity has intelligent individuals but as a collective species?? We ARE basically tail-less monkeys.

How low are the IQs of these millions of people that wake up and need to know what some celebrity had for breakfast via their tweet about it, or what random thought passed through an athlete's head, or to see the pictures of this or that musician walking her dog??

Literally MILLIONS of people "follow" these celebrities on twitter. Think about the physical amount of people that is. Numbers bigger than the population of half the world's countries.

The masses get what the masses deserve. LOL at this "fair share" communist shit. Any broke ass following celebrities on twitter is already getting WAY MORE than their fair share. B'lee dat.

Lebowski
02-26-2021, 04:07 AM
Zlatan is the opposite of a cuck. One of biggest alphas in football. His interviews even if you don't like football are hilarious, dude has Ali-tier arrogance & charisma (just not as good at his profession despite being world class for 15 years)

Well said. Only lacking is real leadership skills. The whole nation has looked to Zlatan to be "the one" more than once, but when it really matters he has let us down in that department. In the end, Zlatan cares only about himself (which I guess reflects somewhat on his comments about LeBron).

lol @ "Who?". Please.

light
02-26-2021, 04:20 AM

First of all, he's not American so maybe he doesn't fully understand the rights that each of us have as citizens here. But secondly he's suggesting that a person can't be great at more than one thing, which is not true.

If Zlatan is too stupid to handle kicking around balls and being thoughtful about politics that's his own problem - it has nothing to do with LeBron.

KobesFinger
02-26-2021, 04:26 AM
I'm not a fan of Ibra but this isn't true. He's won the league with all of those teams except United. Something like 8 domestic league titles in a row, regardless of the team he played for.

Back to the OP - he's wrong. If you have a platform, you should use it. You don't have to talk politics all the time but LeBron doesn't

FultzNationRISE
02-26-2021, 04:33 AM
First of all, he's not American so maybe he doesn't fully understand the rights that each of us have as citizens here. But secondly he's suggesting that a person can't be great at more than one thing, which is not true.

If Zlatan is too stupid to handle kicking around balls and being thoughtful about politics that's his own problem - it has nothing to do with LeBron.

I think his point would be that Lebron also doesnt “handle” that (competently) yet does it anyway (incessantly).

Theres no right or wrong IMO. People who think a guy’s views have a positive impact will likely support his speaking up, people who think his impact is negative will feel opposite.

There’s no objective “should or should not” to it I reckon.

hold this L
02-26-2021, 04:55 AM
Lebron was the same guy that told Morey to shut and dribble about the slaves in China right. All to ensure that he continues to get that sweet, luscious China money.

https://media.giphy.com/media/PmXy6ebfF4lyoG37KG/giphy.gif

light
02-26-2021, 05:53 AM
I think his point would be that Lebron also doesnt “handle” that (competently) yet does it anyway (incessantly).

You and Zlatan Ibrahimovic are out of touch.

https://s4.gifyu.com/images/Screen-Shot-2021-02-26-at-1.37.08-AM.png

https://s4.gifyu.com/images/Screen-Shot-2021-02-26-at-1.49.07-AM.png

https://s4.gifyu.com/images/Screen-Shot-2021-02-26-at-1.08.10-AMc412d99225d5aeaf.png

https://s4.gifyu.com/images/Screen-Shot-2021-02-26-at-1.17.13-AM.png

https://s4.gifyu.com/images/Screen-Shot-2021-02-26-at-1.01.27-AM.png

LeBron's efforts to boost black voter turnout and to fight voter suppression has received universal praise.

He did his job so competently that his opponent, Donald Trump, then President of the United States, took time out of one of his last campaign speeches just to talk about LeBron James on the eve of a hotly contested election.

The fact is that LeBron is now a real player in American politics and he isn't going anywhere.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has no clue.

FultzNationRISE
02-26-2021, 06:00 AM
You and Zlatan Ibrahimovic are out of touch.

https://s4.gifyu.com/images/Screen-Shot-2021-02-26-at-1.37.08-AM.png

https://s4.gifyu.com/images/Screen-Shot-2021-02-26-at-1.49.07-AM.png

https://s4.gifyu.com/images/Screen-Shot-2021-02-26-at-1.08.10-AMc412d99225d5aeaf.png

https://s4.gifyu.com/images/Screen-Shot-2021-02-26-at-1.17.13-AM.png

https://s4.gifyu.com/images/Screen-Shot-2021-02-26-at-1.01.27-AM.png

LeBron's efforts to boost black voter turnout and to fight voter suppression has received universal praise.

He did his job so competently that his opponent, Donald Trump, then President of the United States, took time out of one of his last campaign speeches just to talk about LeBron James on the eve of a hotly contested election.

The fact is that LeBron is now a real player in American politics and he isn't going anywhere.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has no clue.

Lebron is definitely a beautifully woke genius, I agree. But Zlatan probably disagrees, therefore his view is likely that Lebron embarrasses himself when he pontificates on subjects he only understands to the extent a parrot understands words it has been trained to vocalize.

KennyPowers
02-26-2021, 06:56 AM
Uncalled for.

We should embrace political propaganda from trained circus seals with only a high school diploma like the U.S.S.A. democrats intended!

Yep... in USSR Soviet Russia, they used their famous entertainers to push political propaganda. Sound familiar? See Democrat actors/athletes and how they constantly spew communism... I mean socialism... ah shit, I meant democracy!

Uneducated U.S. entertainers love pushing mainstream democracy. The kind of democracy that's forced on you... like communism.

Meanwhile over at the U.S. Roman Circus....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhao2gPZfCA

^
Our new world gladiators busy at work entertaining the fans. Keeping people focused on something meaningless instead of things that are actually important.

r0drig0lac
02-26-2021, 08:54 AM
Nobody in ISH knows who that is.fixed

bullettooth
02-26-2021, 09:29 AM

Have you ever stepped foot outside of your country?

coin24
02-26-2021, 10:12 AM
Apart from Libron stains, everyone else sees him as an illiterate, ignorant, career loser that sucks chinas c0ck

tpols
02-26-2021, 10:16 AM
He is right, we don't need people with a middle school level education lecturing us on anything other than whatever sport they happen to be great at. We don't want to hear LeBron or any athlete's opinion on politics because they don't have any qualifications or experience to justify listening to their opinion. There are some folks who tell the truth and I would listen to but they are rare ~ barkley is probably one of the only ones. Most of the players today are liberal brats.

ralph_i_el
02-26-2021, 10:21 AM
In a democracy, politics is all of our responsibility. This person sounds like a Croatian. Not bothering to Google him. They don't know of democracy.

MaxPlayer
02-26-2021, 10:53 AM
I'm glad that Eastern Europeans are enjoying their brief interlude from ethnic conflict and communist repression to take some time to dispense some political advice to Americans.

ZenMaster
02-26-2021, 11:13 AM
In a democracy, politics is all of our responsibility. This person sounds like a Croatian. Not bothering to Google him. They don't know of democracy.

So you want everyone to always focus on politics? No wonder Amazon is blasting out their commercial series of trying to save the world from climate change, people eat that shit up.

Good to see the bigotry come out though, we all know it's there.

Brands and corporatism is the new religion, Lebron here is included as a brand(people of status as Zlatan mentions). You align yourself with certain brands and through extension thereof you support certain causes and ideology.
"I'm an Apple guy, Steve Jobs was a great man".

This stuff is dangerous because these brands aren't really out to save the world, what they want is to make money and they don't give two shits about tricking you into buying their stuff in the process no matter what they have to pull on you.
Here's what motivates Lebron: https://money.cnn.com/2015/12/09/news/companies/lebron-james-endorsement-billionaire/

Mr. Woke
02-26-2021, 12:14 PM
Zlatan's take reeks of insecurity.

LeBron (anyone for that matter) is entitled to his political views and can express them whenever he feels like doing so. No one is forcing people to agree with LeBron's views.

It's a shame that some people get so sensitive about politics.

Mr. Woke
02-26-2021, 12:15 PM

Bingo.

He has no obligation to express his views publicly. However he shouldn't discourage others from doing that. Doing that is an insecure move on his part.

KennyPowers
02-26-2021, 12:57 PM
^ The great progressive virgin schizoid has spoken.

ralph_i_el
02-26-2021, 01:38 PM
Nobody said you have to focus on politics all the time. You should be informed and know what's going on. You should have opinions. The institutions that represent rich people don't want you to think you can influence anything through politics.

Where people go wrong is caring a lot about national and international politics, and not about their own local politics.

Yall ever heard of the Haymarket Affair?

ZenMaster
02-26-2021, 01:40 PM
Zlatan's take reeks of insecurity.

LeBron (anyone for that matter) is entitled to his political views and can express them whenever he feels like doing so. No one is forcing people to agree with LeBron's views.

It's a shame that some people get so sensitive about politics.

So you think it's totally fine for sports star giving a nazi salute during a game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fueAKKsiXM&ab_channel=TYTSports

hold this L
02-26-2021, 01:43 PM
No way he's not an alt. :lol Who would name themselves as Mr. Woke with the persona of being heavily progressive on every topic on ish? Anybody that immediately joins ish and has a persona already has at least 1 account on here.

ZenMaster
02-26-2021, 01:46 PM
Nobody said you have to focus on politics all the time. You should be informed and know what's going on. You should have opinions. The institutions that represent rich people don't want you to think you can influence anything through politics.

Where people go wrong is caring a lot about national and international politics, and not about their own local politics.

Yall ever heard of the Haymarket Affair?

I'd agree, but Lebron is not just a regular person, he's a brand. The institutions that represents rich people tells you to vote for the exact same people that Lebron tells you to vote for btw, and you're accepting of the influence from Lebron so it ends up being the same.

brownmamba00
02-26-2021, 02:40 PM
Ibra is absolutely right. Lebron can have his opinions and he can share it with friends and family but when you put on some glasses and act like you're malcolm x while you're tatted up from toe to head with a billion dollar bankaccount...

It looks corny for sure. Keep politics away from sports.

Airupthere
02-26-2021, 03:09 PM
Ibra is absolutely right. Lebron can have his opinions and he can share it with friends and family but when you put on some glasses and act like you're malcolm x while you're tatted up from toe to head with a billion dollar bankaccount...

:cheers:

Trying to look like malcolm x sometimes too.

Mr. Woke
02-26-2021, 03:49 PM
So you think it's totally fine for sports star giving a nazi salute during a game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fueAKKsiXM&ab_channel=TYTSports

It personally doesn't bother me.

The soccer player who did that is incredibly stupid though.

Mr. Woke
02-26-2021, 03:50 PM

Don't let me live rent free in your mind for too long.

You are a mentally ill conservacuck.

Mr. Woke
02-26-2021, 03:51 PM
No way he's not an alt. :lol Who would name themselves as Mr. Woke with the persona of being heavily progressive on every topic on ish? Anybody that immediately joins ish and has a persona already has at least 1 account on here.

Hello Patrick Chewing.

Mr. Woke
02-26-2021, 03:51 PM

He is entitled to express his political opinions in public.

No one is forcing you to agree with his opinions.

Don't be so sensitive about politics.

RogueBorg
02-26-2021, 04:01 PM
Apart from Libron stains, everyone else sees him as an illiterate, ignorant, career loser that sucks chinas c0ck

This is how I see him. Don't tell me about human rights with Lebron and the NBA. They know what's going on in China and choose to turn the other cheek over the all-mighty dollar. He is absolutely an illiterate, uneducated, cuck.

Mr. Woke
02-26-2021, 04:06 PM
This is how I see him. Don't tell me about human rights with Lebron and the NBA. They know what's going on in China and choose to turn the other cheek over the all-mighty dollar. He is absolutely an illiterate, uneducated, cuck.

The NBA doesn't have to concern itself with human rights issues in other countries. That is the UN's job.

You are an uneducated cuck and most likely a dumbass right winger.

It's hilarious to me how the right wing acts like it cares about Muslims being persecuted in China, while bashing Muslims in the Middle East. It's incredibly disingenuous.

For the record, I don't care what happens to the Muslims in China (or in the ME).

red1
02-26-2021, 04:33 PM
he's just trolling

this guy obviously isn't #MoreThanAnAthlete

theman93
02-26-2021, 05:53 PM
The NBA doesn't have to concern itself with human rights issues in other countries. That is the UN's job.

It's hilarious to me how the right wing acts like it cares about Muslims being persecuted in China, while bashing Muslims in the Middle East. It's incredibly disingenuous.

For the record, I don't care what happens to the Muslims in China (or in the ME).

If that's the standard, then the NBA also doesn't have to concern itself with human right's issues in this country. That's not their job. But they do anyways, so your point is moot.

Relinquish
02-26-2021, 06:29 PM
Literally who?

ArbitraryWater
02-26-2021, 07:14 PM
Zlatan truly takes no prisoners

ArbitraryWater
02-26-2021, 07:15 PM
Literally who?

Why are you reveling in your ignorance like it matters that you don‘t know him?

It comes off incredibly retarded to any outsider reading your post

AirBonner
02-26-2021, 07:20 PM
Why are you reveling in your ignorance like it matters that you don‘t know him?

It comes off incredibly retarded to any outsider reading your post

No one gives a fvck who this guy is

warriorfan
02-26-2021, 07:23 PM
Who is more hung?

scuzzy
02-26-2021, 07:24 PM
onlyfans search aint coming up with anything Zlaten :(

k0kakw0rld
02-26-2021, 07:33 PM
I repeat **** Zlatan. 31 titles (all league or domestic cups)

0 world Cup, 0 international trophy, 0 champions league.

He's a man who's black belt in taekwondo he's getting to his head. He's an arrogant piece of shit.

Overdrive
02-26-2021, 07:47 PM
I repeat **** Zlatan. 31 titles (all league or domestic cups)

0 world Cup, 0 international trophy, 0 champions league.

He's a man who's black belt in taekwondo he's getting to his head. He's an arrogant piece of shit.

This not the NBA where everyone wins a world championship one day down the road and players, who don't get laughed at.

k0kakw0rld
02-26-2021, 07:50 PM
This not the NBA where everyone wins a world championship one day down the road and players, who don't get laughed at.
I'm saying I don't take him seriously. People think he's god but he's a piece of shit who never won anything meaningful.

ArbitraryWater
02-26-2021, 07:51 PM
I'm saying I don't take him seriously. People think he's god but he's a piece of shit who never won anything meaningful.

No, you didn‘t say you don‘t take him seriously at all.

You said he never won a WC.

If that‘s your way of saying you don‘t take people seriously, you are mighty stupid.

brownmamba00
02-26-2021, 07:52 PM
:cheers:

Trying to look like malcolm x sometimes too.

Sometimes its alright to speak up. Sometimes an athlete's voice can be powerful.

Like Drogba and his teammates getting on their knees begging the Ivorian people to come together in peace to stop a war on live TV after World Cup qualification. Thats one thing.

But Colby Covington calling out Lebron and threatening to beat him up in an interview is fake af. Or Kyrie taking time off to publicly raise money for some nyc politician like wtf is that?

k0kakw0rld
02-26-2021, 07:58 PM
No, you didn‘t say you don‘t take him seriously at all.

You said he never won a WC.

If that‘s your way of saying you don‘t take people seriously, you are mighty stupid.
That's not my way it's your way of understanding things.

LeBron is the most popular american athlete in the world today. His voice weights more than any athlete America has produced today. In a country where Kanye can run for President I don't understand what's the problem with LeBron raising awareness or talking about politics. That's his role.

insight
02-26-2021, 08:08 PM
There’s some truth to this. At least in the US, you have tons of successful celebrities that are good at their craft but feel pressured to reach the transcendental levels of icons like Elvis, Michael Jackson, Jordan or Mohammed Ali. So they take up these neoliberal causes spoonfed you them by what corporations think are revolutionary. LeBron is example of this. He builds schools for disadvantage kids but you won’t ever see him criticize capitalism or corporations. I don’t doubt lebrons good intentions but his worldview is limited and he’s only been exposed to the brand-building corporate sponsored form of charity.

How do you really know how limited Lebron James world view is? Have you had a personal conversation with him? Part of his job as a public figure is to maintain a marketable image, but don't assume what you see represents his total world view. FYI, Elvis, Michael Jackson and Jordan and Lebron are nothing like Mohammed Ali. Ali sacrificed everything for his principles, values and religious beliefs. He was hated for it at the time and was only gain world respect when the world realized is was on the right side of history.

insight
02-26-2021, 08:13 PM
He is right, we don't need people with a middle school level education lecturing us on anything other than whatever sport they happen to be great at. We don't want to hear LeBron or any athlete's opinion on politics because they don't have any qualifications or experience to justify listening to their opinion. There are some folks who tell the truth and I would listen to but they are rare ~ barkley is probably one of the only ones. Most of the players today are liberal brats.

You don't know most players, you just making generalizations and stereotypes. Do all Lawyers, School Teachers, Business Men act and think the same things?

ArbitraryWater
02-26-2021, 08:14 PM

LeBron is the most popular american athlete in the world today. His voice weights more than any athlete America has produced today. In a country where Kanye can run for President I don't understand what's the problem with LeBron raising awareness or talking about politics. That's his role.

Are you retarded bro?

Roles aren‘t assigned based on sporting popularity.

LeBron is deattached.

insight
02-26-2021, 08:22 PM

Bingo, your are exactly correct!

Overdrive
02-26-2021, 08:58 PM

No, that's not his role. He believes he's entitled to politically influence people, because he's popular. His role is to win basketball games.

k0kakw0rld
02-26-2021, 09:01 PM
Are you retarded bro?

Roles aren‘t assigned based on sporting popularity.

LeBron is deattached.

No, you are regarded.

LeBron's opinion weights more than Zlatan's it's that simple.

SATAN
02-26-2021, 09:03 PM
shut up and dribble ect

fourkicks44
02-26-2021, 09:11 PM
No, you are regarded.

LeBron's opinion weights more than Zlatan's it's that simple.

I regard you too, Arby.

ZionDunks
02-27-2021, 01:28 AM
How do you really know how limited Lebron James world view is? Have you had a personal conversation with him? Part of his job as a public figure is to maintain a marketable image, but don't assume what you see represents his total world view. FYI, Elvis, Michael Jackson and Jordan and Lebron are nothing like Mohammed Ali. Ali sacrificed everything for his principles, values and religious beliefs. He was hated for it at the time and was only gain world respect when the world realized is was on the right side of history.

I grew up same state and a year older than him. I knew about Lebron before he was on ESPN in HS.

Do you want the stories? Gutter human being. He’s no Ali, we don’t need to get into it if you don’t want.

Tips people 30 cents on $340 tabs. That’s just the funny stuff.

ralph_i_el
02-27-2021, 02:23 AM

Trump was ****ing president. Nobody is off limits from politics.

ralph_i_el
02-27-2021, 02:24 AM
I'd agree, but Lebron is not just a regular person, he's a brand. The institutions that represents rich people tells you to vote for the exact same people that Lebron tells you to vote for btw, and you're accepting of the influence from Lebron so it ends up being the same.

You are absolutely right. I honestly think LeBron could start the revolution if he wanted to.

ralph_i_el
02-27-2021, 02:29 AM

Good, a lot of the China shit is apparently made up by this literal Nazi. https://thegrayzone.com/2021/02/18/us-media-reports-chinese-genocide-relied-on-fraudulent-far-right-researcher/

Yes, the scholar that the US is basing their claims on genocide in China on does not read or speak Chinese, thinks God has sent him on a mission to destroy communism, and that the rapture is coming to "cleanse all Jews in fire if they don't convert".

AussieSteve
02-27-2021, 02:30 AM
It’s almost like LeBron simps are proud of being ignorant. Kobe fans respect The Beautiful Game and acknowledge Zlatan as a fellow Sigma male.

I would consider Kobe a mu male. Sigma is low, even for a Kobe hater

TheGoatest
02-27-2021, 02:34 AM
Really bad timing from Zlatan considering he was on the receiving end of some incredibly vulgar racist insults at a game recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOQudjYJLCk

ralph_i_el
02-27-2021, 02:45 AM
Ok, I looked this guy up and apparently he's Swedish? Of course he thinks like this. Nevermind. Swedish people take a very technocratic view of government, rather than looking at it from an ideological or "party spoils" perspective. Not as much to fight over.

ZenMaster
02-27-2021, 02:47 AM
Really bad timing from Zlatan considering he was on the receiving end of some incredibly vulgar racist insults at a game recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOQudjYJLCk

I don't think you understand the point Zlatan made.

It's not about right or wrong, of course Lebron is right and entitled to have his opinions and also use the fact that he's a celebrity to get that opinion across to others.

The question is whether or not it's good or bad for the world as a whole. People worship celebrities and athletes like religion, so these celebrities can be used to affect and control the opinion of large segments of people - propaganda, which is inherently a bad element to have in society.

You are absolutely right. I honestly think LeBron could start the revolution if he wanted to.

But he's not looking to start a revolution, he's literally been on TV so many times telling you to vote for an old white man or woman who are career politicians. If Lebron is actively telling you to vote for establishment politicians as a man of great means, is he himself not part of the establishment?

https://youtu.be/isbW5RLIeDY

LAL
02-27-2021, 02:51 AM
Zenmaster. I like. Teach these kids please.

ralph_i_el
02-27-2021, 02:59 AM
We are on the same page here Zen, that's what I was saying. He clearly doesn't want a revolution, he refuses to put his money where his mouth is. Funding schools and charities is a way to forestall a revolution. Hustling votes for Democrats is too.

As for Ibrahimovic? It's easy for him to think that, because in his country the government agencies are staffed by professionals, and the cabinet ministers who are appointed by the elected officials can't interfere with their work (constitutionally) most of the time. This means their government acts in a limited range of proposals they get from experts...not corporate lobbyists. There's really not much to fight over.

If you want me to get mad over Lebron being a politically active shitlib, I really can't. It's par for the course. At least he's doing his politicking in public as opposed to hiring a bunch of k-street assholes to shake each other's dixks.

LAL
02-27-2021, 03:04 AM
Luka doncic is a punk ass white bitch and jeremy lin is a corona virus.

ralph_i_el
02-27-2021, 03:12 AM
Luka doncic is a punk ass white bitch and jeremy lin is a corona virus.

https://i.ibb.co/jLPJbZ5/Eu-F3un-UUAErxz-Z.jpg (https://ibb.co/wKFcBrL)

LAL
02-27-2021, 03:14 AM
https://i.ibb.co/jLPJbZ5/Eu-F3un-UUAErxz-Z.jpg (https://ibb.co/wKFcBrL)

Idiots and racists everywhere. Don't follow these liberals, they are wrong and dishonest. The true racists, everyone knows. Especially the spoiled idiot lebron.

ralph_i_el
02-27-2021, 03:16 AM
Idiots and racists everywhere. Don't follow these liberals, they are wrong and dishonest. The true racists, everyone knows. Especially the spoiled idiot lebron.

Come on, we can't laugh at a racist lady who posted that as her dating pic? You have no humor.

ZenMaster
02-27-2021, 03:17 AM
We are on the same page here Zen, that's what I was saying. He clearly doesn't want a revolution, he refuses to put his money where his mouth is. Funding schools and charities is a way to forestall a revolution. Hustling votes for Democrats is too.

As for Ibrahimovic? It's easy for him to think that, because in his country the government agencies are staffed by professionals, and the cabinet ministers who are appointed by the elected officials can't interfere with their work (constitutionally) most of the time. This means their government acts in a limited range of proposals they get from experts...not corporate lobbyists. There's really not much to fight over.

To me, it's not about what kind of government exists in different countries, but about understanding the long term dangers of modern content marketing where so many companies are looking for an antagonistic element to combat, because it sells.
No one should care what any brand thinks about a political subject publicly, it doesn't matter if it's a corporate or single person brand.

If you want me to get mad over Lebron being a politically active shitlib, I really can't. It's par for the course. At least he's doing his politicking in public as opposed to hiring a bunch of k-street assholes to shake each other's dixks.

You're right it's par for the course, but I just think it's bad and so I can't agree with it.

LAL
02-27-2021, 03:23 AM
Come on, we can't laugh at a racist lady who posted that as her dating pic? You have no humor.

It was funny, it was..

k0kakw0rld
02-27-2021, 03:53 AM
I regard you too, Arby.
You know what I meant, keep playing dumb because that's who you are.

Mr. Woke
02-27-2021, 12:54 PM
If that's the standard, then the NBA also doesn't have to concern itself with human right's issues in this country. That's not their job. But they do anyways, so your point is moot.

It makes more sense for the NBA to care about human rights issues in America because it does most of its business in America.

Mr. Woke
02-27-2021, 12:56 PM
Good, a lot of the China shit is apparently made up by this literal Nazi. https://thegrayzone.com/2021/02/18/us-media-reports-chinese-genocide-relied-on-fraudulent-far-right-researcher/

Yes, the scholar that the US is basing their claims on genocide in China on does not read or speak Chinese, thinks God has sent him on a mission to destroy communism, and that the rapture is coming to "cleanse all Jews in fire if they don't convert".

Interesting.

coin24
02-27-2021, 12:58 PM
Librons the biggest racist in the league

Mr. Woke
02-27-2021, 01:08 PM

Says the dumbass Trump fanboy.

As a white man, I can confidently say that Trump fanboys are an embarrassment to the white race.

clipps
02-27-2021, 02:09 PM

LeChina is a dumbass that doesn't know what he's talking about.

Spurs m8
02-27-2021, 04:57 PM

Hahahahha you're actually a fvcking moron.

Step outside of your tiny little world, dipshit

You stans are so sad...none of you can be over 16 years old....surely

fourkicks44
02-27-2021, 05:20 PM
You know what I meant, keep playing dumb because that's who you are.

Why so serious, homie?

Laugh once in a while. It will do you some good.

ZionDunks
02-27-2021, 06:01 PM

He is. Black people are the worst bigots on the planet right now.

As a POC I want them to remember reverse racism and black supremacy they’re practicing right now is still racism.

We are all children of one God and individuals, not a skin color

LeBron is a dividing, angry man. And half of people despise him for it. Sad ending for what could have been different

kawhileonard2
02-27-2021, 09:01 PM
He is right. Lebron wouldn't be saying anything if he was not a millionaire. If he were making $2 million a year, he wouldn't be saying s***.

Axe
02-27-2021, 09:30 PM
Says the dumbass Trump fanboy.

As a white man, I can confidently say that Trump fanboys are an embarrassment to the white race.
Hey, don't you just bully the precious'est cashew in this board, for he still believes that orange man trump will 'make australia great again' one day.

bladefd
02-27-2021, 10:55 PM

He has a platform, a voice he can use for change if he chooses to. It doesn't even have to be "I support that politician (or party)", but something like doing a movement to plant some trees or promoting mental health. Not everything should be considered political. You don't think he or anyone with a platform can provide their voice for change? He just chooses not to use his platform for positive change because he is either selfish or a coward.

bison
02-27-2021, 11:00 PM
He is right. Lebron wouldn't be saying anything if he was not a millionaire. If he were making $2 million a year, he wouldn't be saying s***.

That makes zero sense. Twitter is full of nobodies and everyday people putting their political opinions on social media. How do you know LeBron wouldn’t still be outraged over police brutality if he were a grocery store bagger instead of an nba star? It’s amazing how many of you hate black dudes for being outspoken.

coin24
02-28-2021, 01:08 AM
He has a platform, a voice he can use for change if he chooses to. It doesn't even have to be "I support that politician (or party)", but something like doing a movement to plant some trees or promoting mental health. Not everything should be considered political. You don't think he or anyone with a platform can provide their voice for change? He just chooses not to use his platform for positive change because he is either selfish or a coward.

“I support people voicing their political views publicly, as long as they side with me, otherwise cancel them!!!” Officer bladed

Mr. Woke
02-28-2021, 01:11 AM
I hope LeBron keeps triggering folks who hate black people.

ZionDunks
02-28-2021, 03:02 AM
I hope LeBron keeps triggering folks who hate black people.

He’s triggering his colleagues who are young players to make less money their entire career.

You get triggered defending LeChina, I can tell. I’m black. LeBron is a bigot. He sets my race back every time he lies about reading Malcolm X books or says someone painted his gate and the police can’t find security footage of the perpetrator. He’s Lebron Smollet. Jussie James.

I love basketball, but I know that Lebrons reach isn’t quite what he thinks it is. And I said it in the other thread, if Zlatan woke up and played basketball for the LA Lakers, he would hang himself. LeBron is sideways turd in his worldview

SATAN
02-28-2021, 05:39 AM
Poster above is playing a character on a basketball forum.

insight
02-28-2021, 05:57 AM
I grew up same state and a year older than him. I knew about Lebron before he was on ESPN in HS.

Do you want the stories? Gutter human being. HeÂ’s no Ali, we donÂ’t need to get into it if you donÂ’t want.

Tips people 30 cents on $340 tabs. ThatÂ’s just the funny stuff.

I agree with you Lebron is no Ali, that wasn't my point. Lebron is not perfect, and being critical of how he has treated people is a legitimate beef. I've heard stories as well from somebody who is a friend of his mom and they are still upset how he treated her in the past. With that said, nobody is perfect and what he is doing in the community building schools, investing in youth programs and speaking out for social justice is positive.

DoctorP
02-28-2021, 06:02 AM
LeBrando James is a squirell trying to get a nut. What can you say? The world is a mess.

SATAN
02-28-2021, 06:04 AM
With that said, nobody is perfect and what he is doing in the community building schools, investing in youth programs and speaking out for social justice is positive.

How dare he!

DoctorP
02-28-2021, 06:12 AM
Ibrahimovic sucks anus and loves it

Mr. Woke
02-28-2021, 10:44 AM
He’s triggering his colleagues who are young players to make less money their entire career.

You get triggered defending LeChina, I can tell. I’m black. LeBron is a bigot. He sets my race back every time he lies about reading Malcolm X books or says someone painted his gate and the police can’t find security footage of the perpetrator. He’s Lebron Smollet. Jussie James.

I love basketball, but I know that Lebrons reach isn’t quite what he thinks it is. And I said it in the other thread, if Zlatan woke up and played basketball for the LA Lakers, he would hang himself. LeBron is sideways turd in his worldview

You get triggered bashing LeBron. He isn't a bigot at all, ya dunce. I am glad that LeBron isn't like Zlatan. LeBron actually tries to make a difference in his community, which is fantastic.