PDA

View Full Version : Harden is better than Wade

Mr. Woke
02-26-2021, 12:24 PM
Harden has three times as many First Team All-NBA selections and an MVP.

Nuff said.

FultzNationRISE
02-26-2021, 12:28 PM
I agree mainly bc of Wade’s 2011 failure/sabotage.That was unforgivable and drops him out of the top 500.

Gohan
02-26-2021, 12:49 PM

Nuff said.

This is obvious, haters of harden will act like he’s not but he’s way better

Kblaze8855
02-26-2021, 12:53 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HospitablePastHind-size_restricted.gif

k0kakw0rld
02-26-2021, 01:14 PM
Wade is a winner and the greatest shot blocker at the guard position.

HBK_Kliq_2
02-26-2021, 01:24 PM
Nothing harden is doing with the nets is unusual. We already know harden is a regular season god. He can turn any team into a 50 win team even if it's filled with shit role players.

For 1 playoff run or 1 playoff series? You take Wade. We will see if Harden ever changes that perception of him in playoffs, it will be hard while playing with Durant. I'm sure Harden will emerge into Durant's sidekick during playoffs and big moments.

k0kakw0rld
02-26-2021, 01:25 PM
Nothing harden is doing with the nets is unusual. We already know harden is a regular season god. He can turn any team into a 50 win team even if it's filled with shit role players.

For 1 playoff run or 1 playoff series? You take Wade. We will see if Harden ever changes that perception of him in playoffs, it will be hard while playing with Durant. I'm sure Harden will emerge into Durant's sidekick during playoffs and big moments.
That wasn't going to be the case if he had stayed in Houston this season.

Gohan
02-26-2021, 01:27 PM
I’ll take the regular season god then. Not interested in just one playoff run

tpols
02-26-2021, 01:34 PM
Harden leads way better offenses, is a better QB (Magic like), has better dribbling, shooting, and passing skill. Dwayne Wade is like his inverse one of the best defensive guards ever, and great offensively, but he just didn't lead offenses with ranks like Harden did. Mostly because he can't shoot anywhere near as well, and can't dime like him either.

tpols
02-26-2021, 01:37 PM

Wade was a 1st round exit at his peak in the playoffs so that is pretty comparable to Harden. (actually Harden goes further) His 2006 ring came only after he got Shaq, who finished 2nd in MVP voting in 2005. Give Harden a Shaq like talent and a garbage East, and he'd win too. In fact, he was a hair away from beating a team much better than the 2006 Heat ever beat ~ 2018 Warriors.

FultzNationRISE
02-26-2021, 01:42 PM
Harden leads way better offenses, is a better QB (Magic like), has better dribbling, shooting, and passing skill. Dwayne Wade is like his inverse one of the best defensive guards ever, and great offensively, but he just didn't lead offenses with ranks like Harden did. Mostly because he can't shoot anywhere near as well, and can't dime like him either.

Not disputing your points necessarily but it’s worth pointing out Wade’s teams werent built for that anyway. Harden played Moreyball under Mike Dantoni. Quite a bit different from playing in the historically slow paced mid 00s under Erik Spoelstra. Is also hasnt translated to any meaningful playoff success, so to some extent it’s a paper tiger.

The current era is entirely suited to how Harden plays. Thats a big advantage in his favor for any comparison.

FKAri
02-26-2021, 01:45 PM
He's more explosive offensively and has a better track record with injuries. Two very valuable things but that's about it. Wade wins everywhere else.

FultzNationRISE
02-26-2021, 01:47 PM
He's more explosive offensively and has a better track record with injuries. Two very valuable things but that's about it. Wade wins everywhere else.

EVERYWHERE else??

Including... *ahem*...

There too ???

tpols
02-26-2021, 01:49 PM
Not disputing your points necessarily but it’s worth pointing out Wade’s teams werent built for that anyway. Harden played Moreyball under Mike Dantoni. Quite a bit different from playing in the historically slow paced mid 00s under Erik Spoelstra. Is also hasnt translated to any meaningful playoff success, so to some extent it’s a paper tiger.

The current era is entirely suited to how Harden plays. Thats a big advantage in his favor for any comparison.

Harden and Wade both played very similar styles ~ ie PnR spam with a live dribble from the top. Wade did that all the time he was notorious for splitting the trap. I've been watching Harden's vision and passing skill and it's simply better than Wade's. He's perhaps the best lob thrower of all time and has an instant spidey sense for who is open at any given moment. It also helps he moves slow and with great change of pace while Wade was just balls to the wall, Harden takes his time and dissects. And of course the shooting matters a ton too since he's a total sniper while Wade... wasn't.

HBK_Kliq_2
02-26-2021, 01:55 PM
Wade was a 1st round exit at his peak in the playoffs so that is pretty comparable to Harden. (actually Harden goes further) His 2006 ring came only after he got Shaq, who finished 2nd in MVP voting in 2005. Give Harden a Shaq like talent and a garbage East, and he'd win too. In fact, he was a hair away from beating a team much better than the 2006 Heat ever beat ~ 2018 Warriors.

Fair enough, I'm not going to argue for wade. I don't even like the guy. I don't see how Shaq's production in 2006 was that much better then Dwight in 2015 though. Shaq demanded more attention but that's about it.

FultzNationRISE
02-26-2021, 01:58 PM
Harden and Wade both played very similar styles ~ ie PnR spam with a live dribble from the top. Wade did that all the time he was notorious for splitting the trap. I've been watching Harden's vision and passing skill and it's simply better than Wade's. He's perhaps the best lob thrower of all time and has an instant spidey sense for who is open at any given moment. It also helps he moves slow and with great change of pace while Wade was just balls to the wall, Harden takes his time and dissects. And of course the shooting matters a ton too since he's a total sniper while Wade... wasn't.

Yeah but my point is Wade’s lineups didnt have 3-4 highly capable snipers camping the line at all times like Harden’s always have. Plus the era was slower. So in terms of comparing their offense by team rank or season totals or whatever is inappropriate. If you feel Harden passes the eye test better thats fine, but any statistical justification is “problematic.”

tpols
02-26-2021, 02:03 PM
Fair enough, I'm not going to argue for wade. I don't even like the guy. I don't see how Shaq's production in 2006 was that much better then Dwight in 2015 though. Shaq demanded more attention but that's about it.

Dwight brings massive negative intangibles. It's why he's been on like 8 teams in the past 10 years.

jayfan
02-26-2021, 02:06 PM

Nuff said.

Game 7, championship on the line, who are you taking? Prime Wade or Prime Harden?

Gohan
02-26-2021, 03:37 PM
Game 7, championship on the line, who are you taking? Prime Wade or Prime Harden?

Iverson

Mr. Woke
02-26-2021, 03:52 PM

Nope.

Harden is better in general. Wade had the benefit of playing with better players for most of his career. He was still great though.

Mr. Woke
02-26-2021, 03:53 PM

Harden duh.

dankok8
02-26-2021, 04:56 PM
Wade struggled with durability but a healthy Wade is comfortably better than Harden. Anyone who saw him play would agree.

Smoke117
02-26-2021, 04:58 PM
Harden duh.

:facepalm

red1
02-26-2021, 05:02 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HospitablePastHind-size_restricted.gif

:roll: :roll:

red1
02-26-2021, 05:03 PM
the heat would have zero rings during the heatles era if you swapped out harden for wade

get a grip OP