PDA

View Full Version : The 2021 MVP Campaign!

hold this L
02-26-2021, 02:31 PM
https://www.nba.com/news/kia-mvp-ladder-feb-26-edition

New MVP KIA weekly release. We can update this on a weekly basis. Thought it makes sense to have a topic about this since it's rare to have an MVP race be this open practically halfway into the season.

1. Embiid (Last week ranking: 2)
2. Lebron (Last week ranking: 1)
3. Jokic (Last week ranking: 5)
4. Curry (Last week ranking: 4)
5. Dame (Last week ranking: 3)

Honorable mentions
6. Load Management
7. Doncic
8. Giannis
9. Mitchell
10. Harden

Keep updating and stanning your favorite players boyz. :hammerhead:

RRR3
02-26-2021, 02:42 PM

New MVP KIA weekly release. We can update this on a weekly basis. Thought it makes sense to have a topic about this since it's rare to have an MVP race be this open practically halfway into the season.

Honorable mentions
6. Load Management
7. Doncic
8. Giannis
9. Mitchell
10. Harden

Xiao meltdown incoming.

Stephonit
02-27-2021, 02:30 AM
Warriors joining the Spurs and Trail Blazers 7 and a half games back of the Jazz in the Western Conference but with more games played. 5th-7th or 7th depending on how you want to interpret that. Will 5th in the West be enough to boost Curry's campaign?

On the other hand this may represent a temporary peak for the Warriors since they are about to embark on what is probably the toughest part of their schedule. They could very well go 0-6 in the next 6 games. If they are positive at the end of the next 6 games though—watch out!

DoctorP
02-27-2021, 02:33 AM
Gobert must be up there. Embiid is def up there with Bran and how about Harden? He's been consistent

DoctorP
02-27-2021, 02:34 AM
I guess if Lakers can win more games than the Sixers it's gonna be Bran.

LAmbruh
02-27-2021, 02:35 AM
Tough times for Curry stains, reduced to tracking the regular season Westbrook award

2016 UMVP doe!

Micku
02-27-2021, 02:41 AM
I guess if Lakers can win more games than the Sixers it's gonna be Bran.

I guess so.

I mean, I still think Embiid and Jokic are playing the best ball right now. LeBron has been playing great as well tho. Better this year defensively in the RS in a loooong time. If he can keep the Lakers afloat and get a better record than the 76ers, then yeah. I can see the convincing case over Embiid.

hold this L
02-27-2021, 02:47 AM
I guess so.

I mean, I still think Embiid and Jokic are playing the best ball right now. LeBron has been playing great as well tho. Better this year defensively in the RS in a loooong time. If he can keep the Lakers afloat and get a better record than the 76ers, then yeah. I can see the convincing case over Embiid.
He ain't getting it if he finishes 3rd in the West. But if Lakers are only behind Jazz, then I can see him winning his 5th MVP

Stephonit
02-27-2021, 03:23 AM
Tough times for Curry stains, reduced to tracking the regular season Westbrook award

2016 UMVP doe!

What would be more impressive? Unanimous MVP or the MVP dragging a last place team the previous season to the playoffs? If I am not mistaken that would be a first for both.

Don't worry though these are merely appetizers for the Chef.

Main course? Making Jordan quake atop his pedestal.

Stanley Kobrick
02-27-2021, 03:35 AM
What would be more impressive? Unanimous MVP or the MVP dragging a last place team the previous season to the playoffs?

Don't worry though these are merely appetizers for the Chef.

Main course? Making Jordan quake atop his pedestal.
that shelf of nickelodeons blimps is very respected. plus if he didn't lose the 3 point contest to Joe Harris he would have 1 more of those trophies too. but for now i have klay as the 2021 mvp seeing that his team went to 5 finals in a row then fell all the way to last place without him. have to give #2 overall pick Wiseman his dues for bringing Warriors back into mediocrity, along with Wiggins and Oubre

Stephonit
02-27-2021, 03:47 AM
[...] have to give #2 overall pick Wiseman his dues for bringing Warriors back into mediocrity, along with Wiggins and Oubre

So predictable! :roll:

Soon enough you're going to make 3ball look prophetic!

The miracles of Stephen Curry!

Stanley Kobrick
02-27-2021, 04:14 AM
Adding two 20 ppg scorers along with the best 2020 NCAA tends to improve teams. Celtics did it in 2007 summer and won a chip the next year, they didn't even need a top rookie.

Stephonit
02-27-2021, 10:51 AM
Adding two 20 ppg scorers along with the best 2020 NCAA tends to improve teams. Celtics did it in 2007 summer and won a chip the next year, they didn't even need a top rookie.

Are you okay? Your PCTSD seems to be severely affecting your faculties.

Imagine comparing I presume Andrew Wiggins and Kelly Oubre to two first ballot Hall-of-Famers in Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen. Your argument falls laughably flat right there.

But there's more! The Warriors had to give up a former all-star who led his team to the playoffs the previous year in D'Angelo Russell to get Wiggins. It's a stretch to even call Wiggins and Oubre 20 ppg players and the Celtics weren't even last in the league in 2007. As for Wiseman, he's a rookie who is being played with the hope he develops into a positive player. He's currently still a net negative player!

When it comes to analogies yours fails, fails, and fails.

StrongLurk
02-27-2021, 11:23 AM
OP I made an MVP thread over a month ago. There is NO point in following what the sports media is saying for the MVP race since they have no integrity. Embiid was clearly leading the MVP race like a month ago and they JUST now put him in first. I mean, just look at the list you posted by them, it's trash.

HBK_Kliq_2
02-27-2021, 01:58 PM
Terrible list. Kawhi isn't below any of those guys. His on/off destroys curry, LeBron hasn't even had a great season, Embiid is in the least.

Xiao Yao You
02-27-2021, 02:33 PM
Gobert must be up there. Embiid is def up there with Bran and how about Harden? He's been consistent

RR3 meltdown coming!

hold this L
02-27-2021, 03:07 PM
Terrible list. Kawhi isn't below any of those guys. His on/off destroys curry, LeBron hasn't even had a great season, Embiid is in the least.
Load Management's issues are PG playing ATG basketball and.. that his name is load management. If he doesn't skip any more games, then he should definitely move to #1 and #2. Possibly win it as well presuming the Clippers keep the same pace for the second half of the season.

HBK_Kliq_2
02-27-2021, 03:26 PM
Load Management's issues are PG playing ATG basketball and.. that his name is load management. If he doesn't skip any more games, then he should definitely move to #1 and #2. Possibly win it as well presuming the Clippers keep the same pace for the second half of the season.

Kawhi hasn't even been on load management this season. George's career is 99% all nba 3rd team guy that is benefiting from being on the same team as Kawhi. This should be Kawhi's 3rd MVP season (2016, 2017). Even last season, Kawhi totaled for just about the same amount of total minutes as MVP Giannis.

hold this L
02-27-2021, 03:33 PM
Kawhi hasn't even been on load management this season. George's career is 99% all nba 3rd team guy that is benefiting from being on the same team as Kawhi. This should be Kawhi's 3rd MVP season (2016, 2017). Even last season, Kawhi totaled for just about the same amount of total minutes as MVP Giannis.
You're an idiot if you think Kawhi deserves anything in 2016. That's up there with the best year from MJ, Bron and Shaq as the most dominant years ever from Curry. If Kawhi played as he did that season and won 67 wins, he'd 100% deserve it. Just unfortunate to go vs someone doing something historical. Kawhi would be my personal 3rd choice in 2017 as well, his season wasn't that special and they won 61 games. His 2016 season and the success it brought the team was fantastic. But I remember even that year wheneever he went down, Spurs had something ridiculous like an 80% win ratio without him.

Kawhi has missed 7 games already and we're not halfway into the season. If he misses 7 more games in the second half of the season, he's not getting the MVP. If he only misses 2-3 games and Clippers continue on this path, he will deserve the MVP unless it's another outlier season (Warriors finish 3rd, Sixers get a noticeably better record). I think Embiid also has the exact same issue Kawhi does, dominant team, personal performance but keeps missing games. You can try to downplay PG all you want, but nobody is buying what you're selling. What is his on/off with/without Kawhi? Does his shooting crater? What are you basing this on outside of being a major stan?

HBK_Kliq_2
02-27-2021, 03:51 PM
You're an idiot if you think Kawhi deserves anything in 2016. That's up there with the best year from MJ, Bron and Shaq as the most dominant years ever from Curry. If Kawhi played as he did that season and won 67 wins, he'd 100% deserve it. Just unfortunate to go vs someone doing something historical. Kawhi would be my personal 3rd choice in 2017 as well, his season wasn't that special and they won 61 games. His 2016 season and the success it brought the team was fantastic. But I remember even that year wheneever he went down, Spurs had something ridiculous like an 80% win ratio without him.

Kawhi has missed 7 games already and we're not halfway into the season. If he misses 7 more games in the second half of the season, he's not getting the MVP. If he only misses 2-3 games and Clippers continue on this path, he will deserve the MVP unless it's another outlier season (Warriors finish 3rd, Sixers get a noticeably better record). I think Embiid also has the exact same issue Kawhi does, dominant team, personal performance but keeps missing games. You can try to downplay PG all you want, but nobody is buying what you're selling. What is his on/off with/without Kawhi? Does his shooting crater? What are you basing this on outside of being a major stan?

Everybody knows now how stacked that 2016 warriors team. Draymond\Iggy are two of the top 10 greatest defenders in NBA history, Klay is a top 5 shooter ever. Curry wasn't the MVP because his defense wasn't good enough. 2016 Kawhi had a better season overall (offense and defense). Draymond was the MVP, that's why you got embarrassed in game 5 finals at home when Draymond was suspended. You couldn't even hold your own for 1 game without Draymond. Spurs were a 10.28 SRS team and Kawhi had a way worse supporting cast then Curry did.

As far as 2017, Kawhi was #1 in RAPTOR and also much better defensive then Harden\Westbrook. So again, he deserved it that season as well. If Kawhi was hyped like a Jordan type guy, he would have 2 MVPS already.

2021, Kawhi just has to play 62 games this season and he is eligible for MVP. Harden won the MVP playing 72\82 games.

hold this L
02-27-2021, 04:08 PM
Everybody knows now how stacked that 2016 warriors team. Draymond\Iggy are two of the top 10 greatest defenders in NBA history, Klay is a top 5 shooter ever. Curry wasn't the MVP because his defense wasn't good enough. 2016 Kawhi had a better season overall (offense and defense). Draymond was the MVP, that's why you got embarrassed in game 5 finals at home when Draymond was suspended. You couldn't even hold your own for 1 game without Draymond. Spurs were a 10.28 SRS team and Kawhi had a way worse supporting cast then Curry did.

As far as 2017, Kawhi was #1 in RAPTOR and also much better defensive then Harden\Westbrook. So again, he deserved it that season as well. If Kawhi was hyped like a Jordan type guy, he would have 2 MVPS already.

2021, Kawhi just has to play 62 games this season and he is eligible for MVP. Harden won the MVP playing 72\82 games.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/31411b30062cb1ca41e38c33e7d04840/tenor.gif?itemid=4169547

highwhey
02-27-2021, 04:12 PM
that shelf of nickelodeons blimps is very respected. plus if he didn't lose the 3 point contest to Joe Harris he would have 1 more of those trophies too. but for now i have klay as the 2021 mvp seeing that his team went to 5 finals in a row then fell all the way to last place without him. have to give #2 overall pick Wiseman his dues for bringing Warriors back into mediocrity, along with Wiggins and Oubre

:oldlol:

scuzzy
02-27-2021, 04:14 PM
The MVP race era is over bro

Just like the last 2 years:

>reg season chit chat for 4 months
>enter playoffs
>2 month pass
>chokes happen
>3 weeks of Finals
>champion awarded
>fmvp celebrated
>city parade
>2 weeks pass
>3am amber alert from Woj
>bruh.jpg
>tweets some forgotten and underwhelming playoff player was officially awarded MVP for great play 4 months prior
>everyone forgot kek
>fans only remember recent blunder
>memes
>Giames Westbrook embarrassed
>MVP suicide rates rise

It's burden award now, the only memorable MVP winner fans will embrace will be the who conquered both a championship and that season. And historically that list is slim. Flashy 1st opt on promising 1st seed and don't deliver the chip? It's a price on your head

Stanley Kobrick
02-27-2021, 04:28 PM
The MVP race era is over bro

Just like the last 2 years:

>reg season chit chat for 4 months
>enter playoffs
>2 month pass
>chokes happen
>3 weeks of Finals
>champion awarded
>fmvp celebrated
>city parade
>2 weeks pass
>3am amber alert from Woj
>bruh.jpg
>tweets some forgotten and underwhelming playoff player was officially awarded MVP for great play 4 months prior
>everyone forgot kek
>fans only remember recent blunder
>memes
>Giames Westbrook embarrassed
>MVP suicide rates rise

It's burden award now, the only memorable MVP winner fans will embrace will be the who conquered both a championship and that season. And historically that list is slim. Flashy 1st opt on promising 1st seed and don't deliver the chip? It's a price on your head
it is true. giannis looked super ashamed accepting it last October, like he wanted to hang up Silvers skype immediately. had a whole speech prepped how he despises it unless he wins a chip, understandable. everyone forgot about Bucks season from 10 months earlier. i couldn't even name the dpoy from last two years with these offseason awards

HBK_Kliq_2
02-27-2021, 04:31 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/31411b30062cb1ca41e38c33e7d04840/tenor.gif?itemid=4169547

Fine, if it really makes you feel better. You can have your fake regular season MVPS. I know you'll never touch a finals MVP anyway.

RRR3
02-27-2021, 04:31 PM
HBK Brick saying Kawhi was better than Curry in 2016 is bad even for him.

HBK_Kliq_2
02-27-2021, 04:35 PM
HBK Brick saying Kawhi was better than Curry in 2016 is bad even for him.

He had two players better than anybody Kawhi had lol.

I guarantee Draymond and Klay will end up with better careers then Lamarcus Softridge. Assuming Klay returns normally from his injury. Lamarcus is the black Kevin Love, he's a worthless piece of crap. Duncan\Parker\Manu were all corpses by 2016 as well.

Spurs were still like 40-1 at home at that season and had a +10 SRS.

Stephonit
02-27-2021, 04:39 PM

I guarantee Draymond and Klay will end up with better careers then Lamarcus Softridge. Assuming Klay returns normally from his injury. Lamarcus is the black Kevin Love, he's a worthless piece of crap. Duncan\Parker\Manu were all corpses by 2016 as well.

Duncan, Parker and Manu are going to be Hall of Famers. We're not even sure yet Klay and Draymond will be. Even Aldridge who is 7x All-Star and 5x All-NBA has more of those honors.

RRR3
02-27-2021, 04:39 PM

You will find no data supporting Kawhi over Curry in 2016. None. You are simply picking Kawhi because he makes your ***** wet.

HBK_Kliq_2
02-27-2021, 04:57 PM
Duncan, Parker and Manu are going to be Hall of Famers. We're not even sure yet Klay and Draymond will be. Even Aldridge who is 7x All-Star and 5x All-NBA has more of those honors.

Yeah but kawhi got them when they were old. Kawhi would have like 6 finals mvps if he played with prime parker/manu/Duncan.

Curry played with prime klay and dray, still has 0 finals MVPS

HBK_Kliq_2
02-27-2021, 04:59 PM
You will find no data supporting Kawhi over Curry in 2016. None. You are simply picking Kawhi because he makes your ***** wet.

2016 spurs: Net Rtg: +11.3 (1st of 30)

2016 warriors: Net Rtg: +10.7 (2nd of 30)

Its on basketball reference, they post net ratings next to SRS now

Less talent, better team = better player = MVP

Do you get it now? Or are you still jacking off to bulls 72 win season in 1996? That's the only reason curry got so much hype because he broke a Jordan "team record". Even though spurs in the same season had a better net rating lol

RRR3
02-27-2021, 05:05 PM

Do you get it now? Or are you still jacking off to bulls 72 win season in 1996? That's the only reason curry got so much hype because he broke a Jordan "team record". Even though spurs in the same season had a better net rating lol
I see we’re still pretending Aldridge doesn’t exist.

HBK_Kliq_2
02-27-2021, 05:22 PM
I see we’re still pretending Aldridge doesn’t exist.

I'm trying to narrow it down for you. To simple it down for you.

2016 warriors were a 73 win team but in the same season, spurs had a better net rating

Read the bold a few time and digest it. Kawhi had the greatest regular season of all time and his only teammate was Aldridge lol. This was 2 seasons away from kawhi having the greatest finals beat down of all time, so I guess it makes sense. Goat kawhi is really good, you need to accept that.

Oh and Aldridge is a p*ssy that's like saying LeBron had Kevin love in 2018 lol

Stephonit
02-27-2021, 05:23 PM

"They do have a time-out decide not to use it..."

Yeah the 73 wins is the only reason Curry got any hype that year.

LoneyROY7
02-27-2021, 06:04 PM
It seems NBA.com isn't fully abreast about The Push™ just yet.

They will be.

HBK_Kliq_2
02-27-2021, 06:10 PM
"They do have a time-out decide not to use it..."

Yeah the 73 wins is the only reason Curry got any hype that year.

Just make sure Draymond isn't suspended again, so you will not blow any more finals series. You beta no finals MVP ****.

HBK_Kliq_2
02-27-2021, 06:13 PM
RR3, you know first hand how good Jimmy Butler is. Your team is elite with him and a laughing stock without him. We're seeing Joel Embiid have an MVP season.

We'l guess what? Kawhi beat both their asses in the greatest carry job in nba history (7 teammates shooting under 45% FG).

The goat playoff carry job, the goat finals dominance in 2014, the goat regular season in 2016, the only wing player with 2 finals mvps and 2 defensive player of the years. All the evidence says Kawhi is that DUDE. Only reason he doesn't get hype is because he's not flashy and he was drafted to the most boring star\franchise Duncan's spurs.

DoctorP
02-27-2021, 07:15 PM
RR3, you know first hand how good Jimmy Butler is. Your team is elite with him and a laughing stock without him. We're seeing Joel Embiid have an MVP season.

We'l guess what? Kawhi beat both their asses in the greatest carry job in nba history (7 teammates shooting under 45% FG).

The goat playoff carry job, the goat finals dominance in 2014, the goat regular season in 2016, the only wing player with 2 finals mvps and 2 defensive player of the years. All the evidence says Kawhi is that DUDE. Only reason he doesn't get hype is because he's not flashy and he was drafted to the most boring star\franchise Duncan's spurs.

Then choked against Denver. What happened there? Lakers took care of them.

Axe
02-27-2021, 07:55 PM

Honorable mentions
6. Load Management
7. Doncic
8. Giannis
9. Mitchell
10. Harden

Nobody from the teats made it. :(

HBK_Kliq_2
02-27-2021, 08:04 PM
Then choked against Denver. What happened there? Lakers took care of them.

Lost in game 7, it was a close series. At least they didn't get their ass kicked like 2014 miami heat. Jamal Murray in the bubble was playing better then Paul George ever has in the playoffs. Denver was a 3rd seed and Clippers were a 2nd seed, it wasn't even a massive upset.

Lakers took care of them because Anthony Davis was averaging like 31PPG in the 3-1 series lead. Lebron was able to coast and finish them off in game 5.

Axe
02-27-2021, 08:08 PM
True. In fact, the impact of his loss is so huge that curry was forced to ditch himself from playing for the rest of the previous season with the help of using a fake hand injury as an excuse. That may have been the case to save himself from media embarrassment but unfortunately bball fans aren't fools enough to think that he can lead his team to the finals without help from klay.

Oubre was supposed to be klay's substitute but being consistent enough in making clumsy shots, dingo ball just exacerbated that further. Tho in games where he outscored his team's first scoring option they still remain undefeated somehow (3-0), which i think is somewhat amazing for a scrub like him.

k 96
02-27-2021, 08:12 PM
ESPN has LeESPN Hype James at #1, #2, and #3 in the MVP race. I wonder who they'll pick!?!

hold this L
02-27-2021, 10:17 PM
Load management missed 10 games in the 2016 season. His team won 7 of them. 70% win rate.

Load management missed 8 games in the 2017 season. His team won 7 of them. 87.5% win rate.

Load management missed 22 games in the 2019 season. His team won 17 of them. 77.2% win rate.

RRR3
02-27-2021, 10:24 PM
Load management missed 10 games in the 2016 season. His team won 7 of them. 70% win rate.

Load management missed 8 games in the 2017 season. His team won 7 of them. 87.5% win rate.

Load management missed 22 games in the 2019 season. His team won 17 of them. 77.2% win rate.
Yo can you respond to my post in the draymond thread plz. Thx

DoctorP
02-27-2021, 10:34 PM
Lost in game 7, it was a close series. At least they didn't get their ass kicked like 2014 miami heat. Jamal Murray in the bubble was playing better then Paul George ever has in the playoffs. Denver was a 3rd seed and Clippers were a 2nd seed, it wasn't even a massive upset.

Lakers took care of them because Anthony Davis was averaging like 31PPG in the 3-1 series lead. Lebron was able to coast and finish them off in game 5.

Yeah but Leonard was no difference maker there. Clippers were stacked and he still lost. He aint that guy.

DoctorP
02-27-2021, 11:20 PM
Harden could become an MVP favorite now that the Nets are looking to claim the top spot in the East.

WayOfWad3
02-28-2021, 12:24 AM
Definitely. Especially with KD and Kyrie missing so much time that could easily happen

tanibanana
02-28-2021, 02:29 AM
Donovan deserves 5th spot... Utah #1 in the league in a match harder conference.

hold this L
02-28-2021, 09:45 AM
Donovan deserves 5th spot... Utah #1 in the league in a match harder conference.
He's not the best player or most impactful player on the team.

Xiao Yao You
02-28-2021, 01:26 PM
He's not the best player or most impactful player on the team.

not even 2nd

Gohan
02-28-2021, 07:45 PM
not even 2nd

Damn! Cold World

Axe
02-28-2021, 07:47 PM
He deserves it over curry imho

TheGoatest
03-01-2021, 03:26 AM
Even after the loss to Utah LeBron was #1, but now after the Ws over Lillard and Curry, he is ultra #1 in MVP rankings.

DoctorP
03-04-2021, 05:03 AM
After tonight, Embiid looks like the front runner. Bran sympathy votes may still make LeBron the winner but if the 76ers win the East Embiid must be considered.

LoneyROY7
03-04-2021, 05:35 AM
The Push™ continues.

highwhey
03-31-2021, 12:23 PM
OP, can you give us an updated ranking?