PDA

View Full Version : Is it me

brownmamba00
02-26-2021, 03:15 PM
Or is this the worst season of bball in recent history?

Seems like everyone is too cool to play defense. Lazy on offense just chuck 3s go ISO. Some dudes don't even give a ****; 3v1 on the break-->pull up for trey because why not you get paid 30 mill who's gonna bench you?

It looks like pick up game half the time. You'd think with a shortened season players' intensity would be higher. Execution would be on point.

Guess not.

Airupthere
02-26-2021, 03:27 PM
Certainly not the same as the usual but better than nothing. This and last year should be taken with a lot of context.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-26-2021, 03:30 PM
Been that way for a while now. There are few games where players go all out in the RS, and they're usually the last few months. To pickup seeding etc.

Playoff ball is the only time I watch consistently.

FultzNationRISE
02-26-2021, 03:31 PM
Couldnt tell ya cuz I havent watched it.

FKAri
02-26-2021, 05:24 PM
I haven't seen a full game of basketball since the Carter administration.

LAmbruh
02-26-2021, 05:30 PM
Nope, basketball has been significantly better and more popular since Kobe and Jordan retired

Get over it, find a new boyfriend

scuzzy
02-26-2021, 05:47 PM
The never ending war of nostalgia vs younger generation who enjoy it

red1
02-26-2021, 05:52 PM
games are full of long-range chucking which I dont mind because it allows for comebacks and big momentum swings.

must be very annoying for older players watching their records broken because of the chucking and high pace/ high-scoring games.

Manny98
02-26-2021, 05:54 PM
Go watch your Bill Russell VHS tapes then buddy

3ball
02-26-2021, 06:01 PM

Seems like everyone is too cool to play defense. Lazy on offense just chuck 3s go ISO. Some dudes don't even give a ****; 3v1 on the break-->pull up for trey because why not you get paid 30 mill who's gonna bench you?

It looks like pick up game half the time. You'd think with a shortened season players' intensity would be higher. Execution would be on point.

Guess not.

^^^^ And there you have it

Silver's incompetence and weak understanding of hoops has resulted in him completely dumbing down the game into a spaced-out, beginner format... aka pick-up game style

FultzNationRISE
02-26-2021, 06:28 PM
I haven't seen a full game of basketball since the Carter administration.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0ErLeqamV3UOARsA/giphy.gif

brownmamba00
02-26-2021, 06:47 PM
The knicks scored 140 points yesterday when was the last time that happened?

:oldlol:@the geek that said Bill Russell.

Edit

LAmbruh
02-26-2021, 07:04 PM
Top 3 Insomnia home remedies

1. Heroin
2. Exercise
3. Televised 90's NBA

Nothing better to doze off than watching 6 of 10 players on the court refusing to shoot wide open outside 15 feet while walking up and down the court in 70 point games

Axe
02-26-2021, 07:22 PM
Blame it all on stephen curry, since it was his fault for doing nothing aside from sinking a lot of threes. The rest of the league only had to follow his footsteps.

Wally450
02-26-2021, 07:24 PM
I used to watch most games on ESPN & TNT including the Celtics.

Now I usually just have the Celtics on as background noise while doing other things.

fourkicks44
02-26-2021, 07:30 PM

Guess not.

You need to watch some Ben Simmons, son.

Seems like he is everything you want to see....

And everything you said players don't do, is everything he gets critized for doing.

Spurs m8
02-26-2021, 07:32 PM
I will never understand the logic behind taking away D and thinking its going to be more entertaining...Silver is such a fvckhead...bald pinhead.

Add to that the 3 chucking and it really is a joke.

I want good, competitive and hard competition...players REALLY battling it out...

Instead we have a bunch of prima donnas almost choreographing a game of basketball

DoctorP
02-26-2021, 07:48 PM
better than nothing but its been ass

k0kakw0rld
02-26-2021, 07:52 PM
You need to watch the Raptors. We actually play defense.

We are limiting superstars and that is thanks to Nick Nurse.

Axe
02-26-2021, 07:54 PM
You need to watch the Raptors. We actually play defense.

We are limiting superstars and that is thanks to Nick Nurse.
Suddenly i miss kawhi's stay in the east. They would have become one of the newest favorites there had he not left the north.

Stanley Kobrick
02-26-2021, 07:58 PM
I will never understand the logic behind taking away D and thinking its going to be more entertaining...Silver is such a fvckhead...bald pinhead.

Add to that the 3 chucking and it really is a joke.

I want good, competitive and hard competition...players REALLY battling it out...

Instead we have a bunch of prima donnas almost choreographing a game of basketball
precisely why we are luka fans, we don't like that 3 pointers stuff. we like lockdown luka defense, especially when his face turns cherry red and eyes glossy.

fourkicks44
02-26-2021, 08:02 PM
precisely why we are luka fans, we don't like that 3 pointers stuff. we like lockdown luka defense, especially when his face turns cherry red and eyes glossy.

:lol

scuzzy
02-26-2021, 08:07 PM
:oldlol:

Luka 2020 3pa - 7.3

NBA leader 1993 3pa - Dan Marjle - 5.1

j/k Kawhit m8 is a HUGE nba fan and can name 2 of the 5 Spurs starters without google.au :no:

red1
02-26-2021, 08:08 PM
Suddenly i miss kawhi's stay in the east. They would have become one of the newest favorites there had he not left the north.

we would've given the lakers a run for their money

oh well he went home. it's been fun rooting against the clippers LOL.

Axe
02-26-2021, 08:10 PM

Imho it was a wrong move to prefer pandemic p over spicy p on his team

red1
02-26-2021, 08:10 PM
3-1 choking ass.

that plus load management killed all comparisons to true all-time greats like kobe or mj

scuzzy
02-26-2021, 08:22 PM

KeeWee lied, he didn't even go home. Rancho Sante Fe is a 2hr trip from his hometown Moreno Valley

Uncle Dennis gets that tang for the bird @ Tijuana hella cheap :pimp:

red1
02-26-2021, 08:24 PM
KeeWee lied, he didn't even go home. Rancho Sante Fe is a 2hr trip from his hometown Moreno Valley

Uncle Dennis gets that tang for the bird @ Tijuana hella cheap :pimp:

can't wait to see kwEe choke against the jazz this year :applause:

scuzzy
02-26-2021, 08:28 PM
can't wait to see kwEe choke against the jazz this year :applause:
Oh he def gone if Clips bust again. Next destination list been prepped

Turbo Slayer
02-26-2021, 08:35 PM
Maybe after the ASG break they will play better. Who knows at this point.

warriorfan
02-26-2021, 08:37 PM
Gif reaction

Turbo Slayer
02-26-2021, 08:42 PM

Guess not.
Seems like everyone is too cool to play defense. False. At one point it was better than every Lakers team defense in history except for the 1952 Lakers relative to league average.

The defense is now tied with the 2000 Lakers and above every Lakers team EVER except for the 1952 Lakers.

Lazy on offense just chuck 3s go ISO. Some dudes don't even give a ****; 3v1 on the break-->pull up for trey because why not you get paid 30 mill who's gonna bench you? Yes I do get your point. The offense is so concerning. Right now its ranked 18th relative to league average.

I really hope that they can *somehow* fix the offensive sets by the playoffs. They are not winning the championship with that god awful offense.