PDA

View Full Version : how many of you read the stat sheets the next day ??

Jasper
02-27-2021, 11:27 AM
It has been so ingrained in me when I used to read a paper , and we never had internet.
To this day I still do it , and one of the guys I am eyeing on is Curry - (Who I think could win the scoring title this year)

I analyze my Bucks as well , hopefully seeing something I might not of seen in a game.
I feel for example that my Bucks have a much weaker bench , but that could change if they get Hill back.

So you guys read the stats on a regular bases ?? :confusedshrug:

bison
02-27-2021, 12:13 PM
Yes of course. Isn’t that half the fun of following sports?

LAmbruh
02-27-2021, 12:27 PM
Kinda amateur hour, bro?

Pretty sure every respected poster on ish runs 2 if not 3 displays viewing games while casually glancing @ NBA.com stats livefeed. Whether phone, ipad, monitor or tv. There's just really no excuses anymore.

2* for participating I guess :/

72-10
03-04-2021, 02:30 AM
I check the stats most of the time. Reminds me of a story, though...

Back in the day, we didn't have a subscription to The New York Times, in fact The New York Times couldn't be gotten nationally as a subscription before 1991 or something like that, although it covered the nation and was the national newspaper of record since 1970, and although I would get the occasional NYT, but I was probably one of the first people to have the web on my computer, so I got the stats for the games since 1995. I was quite immersed in basketball data during the 1996 Finals from the outset of the NBA's official website. They had quarterly updates, starting with the 1996-97 season IIRC, although those stats are unofficial, and I'd be keen to check every now and again for a stat update. Every now and again I'd jot down a stat from the telemonitor of the televised game and then might check it a bit later on the computer.