PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Lewis

ZionDunks
02-27-2021, 06:28 PM
Gotta be some older fans here who remember his play at Northeastern and with the Celtics.

Gave fits to Jordan. I think he probably wins a ring & is a HOF player if he doesn’t pass.

As a kid- I remember the collapse against the Hornets on the court in the last game of his life.

I think it all blended back then because months later he was gone but I associated it mentally with it happening that night.

Anyways just wanna talk some Reggie memories, and do those who knew Reggie or remember him well think he was a cocaine user? This was a very conflicting part of the afterstory which does nothing to his legacy but albeit was interesting

ZionDunks
02-27-2021, 06:28 PM
Link:

https://vault.si.com/vault/1995/03/20/fair-or-foul-a-story-linking-reggie-lewiss-death-to-possible-cocaine-use-raises-a-storm-of-angry-denials

light
02-27-2021, 07:10 PM
Gotta be some older fans here who remember his play at Northeastern and with the Celtics.

Gave fits to Jordan. I think he probably wins a ring & is a HOF player if he doesn’t pass.

As a kid- I remember the collapse against the Hornets on the court in the last game of his life.

I think it all blended back then because months later he was gone but I associated it mentally with it happening that night.

Anyways just wanna talk some Reggie memories, and do those who knew Reggie or remember him well think he was a cocaine user? This was a very conflicting part of the afterstory which does nothing to his legacy but albeit was interesting

Reggie Lewis, Hank Gathers and cardiomyopathy. I remember that time. I have an athletic heart murmur, which I thought might actually be cardiomyopathy, so news about players dying on court due to that made me nervous.

Lewis probably dabbled in coke a little bit, but that wasn't uncommon in the league or in society at the time (if you could afford it) and I don't think it had anything to do with his death.

And I'm not sure how we did this back then without social media or the internet - I think we were all watching the same highlight shows - but it quickly became common knowledge overnight that Reggie Lewis blocked Jordan 100 times in one game and that was a big deal. I also remember Jordan saying something about how he didn't respect Reggie Lewis until after Lewis scored 33 points on him and that he wouldn't make that mistake again. High praise from MJ.

And think about this: In 1993 the NBA lost Michael Jordan, Reggie Lewis and Drazen Petrovic.

A bummer of a year.

ZionDunks
02-27-2021, 10:11 PM
Reggie Lewis, Hank Gathers and cardiomyopathy. I remember that time. I have an athletic heart murmur, which I thought might actually be cardiomyopathy, so news about players dying on court due to that made me nervous.

Lewis probably dabbled in coke a little bit, but that wasn't uncommon in the league or in society at the time (if you could afford it) and I don't think it had anything to do with his death.

And I'm not sure how we did this back then without social media or the internet - I think we were all watching the same highlight shows - but it quickly became common knowledge overnight that Reggie Lewis blocked Jordan 100 times in one game and that was a big deal. I also remember Jordan saying something about how he didn't respect Reggie Lewis until after Lewis scored 33 points on him and that he wouldn't make that mistake again. High praise from MJ.

And think about this: In 1993 the NBA lost Michael Jordan, Reggie Lewis and Drazen Petrovic.

A bummer of a year.

He also had 4 blocks that game of MJ and kept him to 12 of 30 shooting I think.

Great post

3ball
02-27-2021, 11:53 PM
Pippen vs Reggie Lewis as #1 options in the playoffs

Playoffs

92' LEWIS..... 28/4/4.. 57.0 ts.. 23.8 PER.. 0.177 ws.. 4.1 dbpm.. 2.6 obpm.. 6.8 bpm.. 0.9 vorp
94' PIPPEN... 23/8/5.. 52.1 ts.. 22.8 PER.. 0.149 ws.. 4.0 dbpm.. 1.6 obpm.. 5.6 bpm.. 0.7 vorp

^^^ this is why I always say everyone was better than Pippen - everyone simply played much better than him!!

Worthy was 1st option on a back-to-back champion and FMVP... KJ averaged 23/5/11 in the upset of Magic's 1 seed, and then 28/4/9 in a couple 7 game wars vs the champion Rockets in 94/95.

The list goes on and on.. pippen never dominated any series and was never the best player in any series, while everyone else both dominated and were the best player.

Pippen's peak capability is 22 ppg, so basically the worst ever.. guys like Robert Horry averaged 18/10 on 50% in the 95' Finals - that's prime Pippen caliber - everyone achieved it... JR Smith averaged 18/8 on 60% in the 15' ECF - that's better than pippen ever played actually

RRR3
02-27-2021, 11:54 PM

Playoffs

92' LEWIS..... 28/4/4.. 57.0 ts.. 23.8 PER.. 0.177 ws.. 4.1 dbpm.. 2.6 obpm.. 6.8 bpm.. 0.9 vorp
94' PIPPEN... 23/8/5.. 52.1 ts.. 22.8 PER.. 0.149 ws.. 4.0 dbpm.. 1.6 obpm.. 5.6 bpm.. 0.7 vorp

^^^ this is why I always say everyone was better than Pippen - everyone simply played much better than him!!

Worthy was 1st option on a back-to-back champion and FMVP... KJ averaged 23/5/11 in the upset of Magic's 1 seed, and then 28/4/9 in a couple 7 game wars vs the champion Rockets in 94/95.

The list goes on and on.. pippen never dominated any series and was never the best player in any series, while everyone else both dominated and we're the best player in a series.

Pippen's peak capability is 22 ppg, so basically the worst ever.. guys like Robert Horry averaged 18/10 on 50% in the 95' Finals - that's prime Pippen caliber - everyone achieved it... JR Smith averaged 18/8 on 60% in the 15' ECF - that's better than pippen ever played actually
This is beyond permaban worthy.

ZionDunks
02-27-2021, 11:58 PM

Playoffs

The list goes on and on.. pippen never dominated any series and was never the best player in any series, while everyone else both dominated and were the best player.

Wow this is really good shit. Thanks for sharing this

RRR3
02-28-2021, 12:00 AM
Wow this is really good shit. Thanks for sharing this
Do NOT encourage the troll, thanks.

AirBonner
02-28-2021, 12:33 AM
Reggie blocked the fvck out of MJ

SATAN
02-28-2021, 05:50 AM
4 times in one game. FOUR

DoctorP
02-28-2021, 06:10 AM
cokehead queer lewis

TheGoatest
02-28-2021, 06:15 AM
4 times in one game. FOUR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNZN_eHderg

That baseball sabbatical finals dodge doe...

pandiani17
02-28-2021, 07:08 AM
First of all, I didn't see him play. Having said this, I think it is too much saying that he was going to the Hall of Fame, taking into account he still had lots of years in his career left to play. About his coke use, I have read several accounts, but you never know, these people could very easily be making stuff up.