PDA

View Full Version : Jokic or Embiid?

Micku
02-27-2021, 11:08 PM
Who is playing better right now and who would you rather take going forward?

Xiao Yao You
02-27-2021, 11:10 PM
the non fragile one

ZionDunks
02-28-2021, 03:03 AM
Jokic , best passing big man ever

k0kakw0rld
02-28-2021, 03:09 AM
Jokic is the better player. Embiid is more dominant though.

It's like Shaq vs Duncan (even though Timmy was listed as a PF) Duncan was the better player.

light
02-28-2021, 03:16 AM
I’ll take Embiid. I like Jokic too but Embiid is a much better defender.

Embiid is having the better season. I believe he leads all centers in Real Plus-Minus.

Mask the Embiid
02-28-2021, 10:00 AM
The one that is "packing heat" not the one "smuggling grapes" on every flight he gets on....

Embiid.....im going with embiid.....

GOBB
02-28-2021, 10:50 AM
Embiid. 30ppg. Last big to do that was?

k0kakw0rld
02-28-2021, 11:17 AM
Embiid. 30ppg. Last big to do that was?
Jokic is averaging 26.7 ppg 10.9 rpg 8.5 apg wtf :biggums:

The man could very well average a triple double by the end of the season. That's absolutely ridiculous.

chocolatethunder
02-28-2021, 11:45 AM
Jokic is nuts but Embiid has a big impact both ends of the floor. Embiid is not the passer Joker is but he does all kindsa shit offensively that Joker can’t do, while also having a big impact defensively. Joker is awesome and unique but I would take Embiid because of his impact on both ends

k0kakw0rld
02-28-2021, 12:03 PM
Jokic is nuts but Embiid has a big impact both ends of the floor. Embiid is not the passer Joker is but he does all kindsa shit offensively that Joker can’t do, while also having a big impact defensively. Joker is awesome and unique but I would take Embiid because of his impact on both ends
When you say he does all type of shit offensively that Jokic can't do.

Like what? If anything Embiid can't do half of the things Joker does offensively. Like creating for others. Running the point guard. Jokic got better post moves and is far more skilled than Embiid. I can agree that Embiid plays both end but people act like Jokic is a moron on defense.

tpols
02-28-2021, 12:34 PM
Jokic no contest.

GOBB
02-28-2021, 12:36 PM
When you say he does all type of shit offensively that Jokic can't do.

Like what? If anything Embiid can't do half of the things Joker does offensively. Like creating for others. Running the point guard. Jokic got better post moves and is far more skilled than Embiid. I can agree that Embiid plays both end but people act like Jokic is a moron on defense.

Better post moves? Stop

elementally morale
02-28-2021, 12:57 PM
It was 3 years ago when I said these two are my two favorite players in the NBA. They still are. I like them for different reasons and I couldn't tell which one is better. They are both improving still, too. I guess it's like Duncan and Garnett were for a few years in the early 2000s. It was hard to chose until one started winning a lot. So we will know in retrospect.

k0kakw0rld
02-28-2021, 01:06 PM
Better post moves? Stop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwJdubNYcks

Embiid got post moves but also the physical advantage. Jokic dominates with his mind and skills. Ain't that what y'all are saying when it comes to MJ vs BRON or Bron vs Kobe? :confusedshrug::oldlol::lol

r0drig0lac
02-28-2021, 01:10 PM
the 2way superstar 10 of 10 times ever

k0kakw0rld
02-28-2021, 01:12 PM
the 2way superstar 10 of 10 times ever

The one who cried on national TV after losing to the Raptors and never reached a conference final? Oh ok you are correct then

k0kakw0rld
02-28-2021, 01:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqdOkh_1huI

Jokic is one of the most clutch players in the league period. Possibly the clutches big men in the game today.

GOBB
02-28-2021, 01:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwJdubNYcks

Embiid got post moves but also the physical advantage. Jokic dominates with his mind and skills. Ain't that what y'all are saying when it comes to MJ vs BRON or Bron vs Kobe? :confusedshrug::oldlol::lol

Who the hell is yall? Don’t introduce some nonsense into this topic. Embiid has better post moves. There’s a reason Embiid is the better scorer of the two and it ain’t because he can shoot the 3 I’ll tell you that.

r0drig0lac
02-28-2021, 01:16 PM
The one who cried on national TV after losing to the Raptors and never reached a conference final? Oh ok you are correct then
firstly, it is not a question about who has been most successful, but who is the best player, secondly, what has Jokic already achieved?

k0kakw0rld
02-28-2021, 01:21 PM
firstly, it is not a question about who has been most successful, but who is the best player, secondly, what has Jokic already achieved?
It went to the conference final in the Western conference final.

r0drig0lac
02-28-2021, 02:16 PM
It went to the conference final in the Western conference final.
so nothing

tontoz
02-28-2021, 02:21 PM
I'll take the guy who has never missed over 10 games in a season over the guy who has missed more games than he played.

For the record jokic currently averages only 3.3 fewer ppg, 5.3 more assists, and the same number of rebounds.

tontoz
02-28-2021, 02:23 PM
so nothing

Jokic has been first team all NBA. Most NBA fans wouldn't call that nothing.

k0kakw0rld
02-28-2021, 02:45 PM
so nothing
What has Embiid accomplished?

k0kakw0rld
02-28-2021, 02:47 PM
Jokic is better literally at everything except maybe playing solid defense. Better player, better shooter (which explains him having a better field goal pct than Embiid, better passer, better clutch performer, and equally great rebounder.

tontoz
02-28-2021, 03:03 PM
To be fair fg% isn't a valid stat any more. Embiid has an EFG% of 55.3%which is pretty good but over 5% worse than jokic.

Embiid gets to the line a lot more but it is harder to get to the line in the playoffs. Both guys shoot very well from the line which is a big plus. You want your primary scorers to be good foul shooters.

GOBB
02-28-2021, 03:15 PM
What has Embiid accomplished?

24.7ppg 11rpg for his career.
4x all star
2x all nba
2x all defense

Not bad for a guy who doesn’t play much. But hey Jokic averages more assists. He’s better than this two way star.

tontoz
02-28-2021, 03:29 PM
24.7ppg 11rpg for his career.
4x all star
2x all nba
2x all defense

Not bad for a guy who doesn’t play much. But hey Jokic averages more assists. He’s better than this two way star.

Based on your evaluation of jokic then obviously you think embiid has accomplished nothing as well.

GOBB
02-28-2021, 03:35 PM
Based on your evaluation of jokic then obviously you think embiid has accomplished nothing as well.

Read this more than once and I don’t understand what you even typed.

k0kakw0rld
02-28-2021, 03:37 PM

Jokic has an all nba first team selection. Embiid got 0.

tontoz
02-28-2021, 03:41 PM

I thought you posted the " so nothing" post but that was someone else.

tontoz
02-28-2021, 03:55 PM
Who the hell is yall? Don’t introduce some nonsense into this topic. Embiid has better post moves. There’s a reason Embiid is the better scorer of the two and it ain’t because he can shoot the 3 I’ll tell you that.

You are right, it isn't because he shoots 3s. It is because he gets to the foul line more often.

From the field jokic scores more points on better efficiency.

GOBB
02-28-2021, 04:37 PM
You are right, it isn't because he shoots 3s. It is because he gets to the foul line more often.

From the field jokic scores more points on better efficiency.

So we subtracting free throws now? Embiid still averages more ppg than Jokic. Stop with the efficiency crap. Embiid has always imposed his will offensive than Jokic has in his career. Not even debatable. Kudos to Jokic best season to date thus far. Embiid played 5 less games. Tragic.

GOBB
02-28-2021, 04:44 PM
Jokic has an all nba first team selection. Embiid got 0.

What’s your point? That negates the fact embiid has accomplished more in terms of accolades than Jokic? Cool.

Jokic made a first team in his career therefore he is better than Embiid. End debate.

tontoz
02-28-2021, 04:52 PM
So we subtracting free throws now? Embiid still averages more ppg than Jokic. Stop with the efficiency crap. Embiid has always imposed his will offensive than Jokic has in his career. Not even debatable. Kudos to Jokic best season to date thus far. Embiid played 5 less games. Tragic.

Do you really think that "5 less games" comment will also be applicable at the end of the season?

Both guys are having career years. Which one is more likely to continue to play, and play at that level?

Let's not forget that for his career jokic has a career average of 25 ppg in the playoffs with strong efficiency. Embiid...well maybe this will be his year.

tontoz
02-28-2021, 04:56 PM
What’s your point? That negates the fact embiid has accomplished more in terms of accolades than Jokic? Cool.

Jokic made a first team in his career therefore he is better than Embiid. End debate.

Embiid has 1 more All star game in a weaker conference. :bowdown:

fsvr54
02-28-2021, 05:00 PM
Jokic is better

Akeem34TheDream
02-28-2021, 05:06 PM
Both sides arguing like its not close. I always liked Jokic's game a bit more but this year they are really close. Both of them stepped up tbh. And who do you guys think is the better player between Murray and Simmons?

NugzFan
02-28-2021, 05:07 PM
Who is playing better right now and who would you rather take going forward?

This is an interesting question that I’ve never seen asked before.

There are two schools of thought.

One side chooses jokic

The other side is wrong.

GOBB
02-28-2021, 05:09 PM
Do you really think that "5 less games" comment will also be applicable at the end of the season?

Both guys are having career years. Which one is more likely to continue to play, and play at that level?

Let's not forget that for his career jokic has a career average of 25 ppg in the playoffs with strong efficiency. Embiid...well maybe this will be his year.

Who knows what will happen the rest of the year? We are dealing with the now. For all the availability talk Embiid is only 5gma behind Jokic. And he plays less minutes.

Both are more likely to continue their high level play this season. I hope you aren’t posing such a question to think Embiid will tail off and Jokic will remain the same if not go up a notch.

Congrats Jokic on his playoff performances. Still a head scratcher how he’s Mr availability where he’s played more games, more seasons than Embiid and STILL has less playoff appearances. Yikes. Late bloomer I guess

RRR3
02-28-2021, 05:09 PM
Both sides arguing like its not close. I always liked Jokic's game a bit more but this year they are really close. Both of them stepped up tbh. And who do you guys think is the better player between Murray and Simmons?
It depends. Murray’s performance so far in February and last playoffs is a level Simmons hasn’t reached but in general Simmons has easily been better. Assuming Murray got over whatever was affecting him earlier this year and “Bubble Murray” is a permanent thing, he’s better.

GOBB
02-28-2021, 05:11 PM
Embiid has 1 more All star game in a weaker conference. :bowdown:

And 2 all defensive teams. I know defense doesn’t matter to the Jokic fans. Let me guess you once again didn’t fully read what was posted again? You may want to read thoroughly through posts before replying. You’re becoming cringe. No need to rush replies take your time.

GOBB
02-28-2021, 05:14 PM

What is with posters here lumping everyone’s opinions into one? Pretty poor assumption on your end. I’ve always maintained the arguable as debatable in prior threads. It’s Jokic fans who feel it’s not close. In fact you’ll see more of that in here than vice versa. And in other threads? It’s not even close who feels it’s not even close. I can give Jokic props and say he’s most likely the best passing big I’ve ever seen in my life. And in older than most here. And I’m talkin eye test not studying stats, advanced stats and thinking you saw a person either.

Embiid is better and I enjoy saying it because it triggers Jokic fans.

Akeem34TheDream
02-28-2021, 05:15 PM
It depends. Murray’s performance so far in February and last playoffs is a level Simmons hasn’t reached but in general Simmons has easily been better. Assuming Murray got over whatever was affecting him earlier this year and “Bubble Murray” is a permanent thing, he’s better.

The funny thing is Embiid-Murray and Jokic-Simmons would be a lot more complimentary as duos. There is a possible trade right there imo, salaries are close too.

tontoz
02-28-2021, 05:18 PM
Both are more likely to continue their high level play this season. I hope you aren’t posing such a question to think Embiid will tail off and Jokic will remain the same if not go up a notch.

I think embiid may already be starting to tail off. He just had a 3 game stretch shooting a combined 14-53 from the field.

Could be just a random cold spell but he has a history and reliability isn't part of it.

tontoz
02-28-2021, 05:24 PM
And 2 all defensive teams. I know defense doesn’t matter to the Jokic fans. Let me guess you once again didn’t fully read what was posted again? You may want to read thoroughly through posts before replying. You’re becoming cringe. No need to rush replies take your time.

Yes but let's not pretend that there is some huge gap in their career accolades. Jokic plays in the tougher conference. The only advantage embiid has is those all defense teams.

Jokic has the advantage of far better playoff performance. Also this will be his 3rd season in the top 10 of the MVP voting.

tontoz
02-28-2021, 05:28 PM
Congrats Jokic on his playoff performances. Still a head scratcher how he’s Mr availability where he’s played more games, more seasons than Embiid and STILL has less playoff appearances. Yikes. Late bloomer I guess

Playoff appearances? Really?

Currently there are only 3 teams in the east with winning records. There are 8 in the west. It's a lot easier to make the playoffs in the east.

RRR3
02-28-2021, 05:31 PM
Playoff appearances? Really?

Currently there are only 3 teams in the east with winning records. There are 8 in the west. It's a lot easier to make the playoffs in the east.
The West is clearly better but you know damn well the Celtics, Pacers and Heat’s records aren’t representative of how good they actually are at (relatively) full health.

GOBB
02-28-2021, 05:34 PM
I think embiid may already be starting to tail off. He just had a 3 game stretch shooting a combined 14-53 from the field.

Could be just a random cold spell but he has a history and reliability isn't part of it.

Damn you’re reaching badly. First he went 13-22 last night 59%. 2-3 from 3. 66%. 14-16 from FT 87%. What’s his efficiency lookin like for that game? The 3 games prior to last night stat line (maybe you forgot that game). He went 34-38 from the line. 89%. Embiid really is tailing off.

tontoz
02-28-2021, 05:36 PM
Damn you’re reaching badly. First he went 13-22 last night 59%. 2-3 from 3. 66%. 14-16 from FT 87%. What’s his efficiency lookin like for that game? The 3 games prior to last night stat line (maybe you forgot that game). He went 34-38 from the line. 89%. Embiid really is tailing off.

Yes he shoots foul shots well , almost as well as jokic. :lol

If you think going 14-53 from the field Is ok for a center in the MVP race then we will just have to agree to disagree.

GOBB
02-28-2021, 05:39 PM
Yes but let's not pretend that there is some huge gap in their career accolades. Jokic plays in the tougher conference. The only advantage embiid has is those all defense teams.

Jokic has the advantage of far better playoff performance. Also this will be his 3rd season in the top 10 of the MVP voting.

Only person pretending anything is you. Never said nor implied as such. You just have trouble reading and comprehending. Maybe you’re busy and multitasking? Poster brought up Embiid did nothing. I listed accolades. You chimed in saying “wow just 1 AS appearance more” and I mentioned the 2 all nba defensive teams under his belt. Seems like you want the accolades to be equal more than assuming I’m making the gap big.

And don’t forget the important part. I said it’s funny that a guy has played more seasons/games and doesn’t have more accolades. But give me Me Availability he says.

RRR3
02-28-2021, 05:43 PM
Only person pretending anything is you. Never said nor implied as such. You just have trouble reading and comprehending. Maybe you’re busy and multitasking? Poster brought up Embiid did nothing. I listed accolades. You chimed in saying “wow just 1 AS appearance more” and I mentioned the 2 all nba defensive teams under his belt. Seems like you want the accolades to be equal more than assuming I’m making the gap big.

And don’t forget the important part. I said it’s funny that a guy has played more seasons/games and doesn’t have more accolades. But give me Me Availability he says.
Considering he was trying to argue Rudy Toody Gobert over Embiid it’s safe to say he just hates Embiid.

GOBB
02-28-2021, 05:45 PM
Yes he shoots foul shots well , almost as well as jokic. :lol

If you think going 14-53 from the field Is ok for a center in the MVP race then we will just have to agree to disagree.

No I think you’re reaching. He average 30ppg (2nd). His PER is 31 (2nd). So those 3 games affected what exactly? He shoots 52% FG 41% from 3 and 88% from FT. His TS% is .648, Jokic is .652. But yea embiid is tailing off. Gotcha, concerning. Sound the alarm!!!

tontoz
02-28-2021, 05:51 PM
Serious question. Do you really think making an All Star team is as tough in the east as it is in the west?

For years the west had mark gasol, AD, cousins, gobert competing for the center spots.

Who was embiid competing with? Drummond?:lol

tontoz
02-28-2021, 05:56 PM
No I think you’re reaching. He average 30ppg (2nd). His PER is 31 (2nd). So those 3 games affected what exactly? He shoots 52% FG 41% from 3 and 88% from FT. His TS% is .648, Jokic is .652. But yea embiid is tailing off. Gotcha, concerning. Sound the alarm!!!

You asked if I thought he would tail off the rest of the season. I just presented evidence that he may already be starting to tail off.

Given that he has never played a full season without missing at least 18 games I think I have reason to be skeptical

GOBB
02-28-2021, 06:17 PM
Serious question. Do you really think making an All Star team is as tough in the east as it is in the west?

For years the west had mark gasol, AD, cousins, gobert competing for the center spots.

Who was embiid competing with? Drummond?:lol

I couldn’t care less about all star appearances. To me all nba, all nba defensive teams hold more weight. You keep mentioning the conference which is a weak argument.

GOBB
02-28-2021, 06:21 PM
You asked if I thought he would tail off the rest of the season. I just presented evidence that he may already be starting to tail off.

Given that he has never played a full season without missing at least 18 games I think I have reason to be skeptical

Flawed evidence since he had a monster game last night. How can u start tailing off with a night like he had? Even Curry has had poor shooting nights. It happens.

tontoz
02-28-2021, 06:26 PM
I couldn’t care less about all star appearances. To me all nba, all nba defensive teams hold more weight. You keep mentioning the conference which is a weak argument.

You listed All star games so I assumed you care about them.

You also mentioned playoff appearances. Obviously making the playoffs is much easier in the east and has been for a long time.

The season isn't even half over yet. If embiid can make it through the whole season playing at a high level then I won't be so skeptical about him.

NugzFan
02-28-2021, 06:29 PM
I love how much sixer fans get into this debate every week when it’s re-asked

tontoz
02-28-2021, 06:31 PM
Flawed evidence since he had a monster game last night. How can u start tailing off with a night like he had? Even Curry has had poor shooting nights. It happens.

Yeah but curry shoots a lot of contested shots from well behind the 3pt line. There is going to be a lot of variance there.

Even then it is pretty rare for him to play 3 straight games shooting a combined 26% from the field. That is just awful, especially for a center.

fourkicks44
02-28-2021, 07:02 PM
I love how much sixer fans get into this debate every week when it’s re-asked

Yeah it seems like this has been done to death.

Simple fact is tho, we are virtually at the All-star break and there is absolutely no evidence this season that says Joel is not the best center and best Player in the world.

juju151111
02-28-2021, 07:14 PM

Who plays better in the playoffs?

tontoz
02-28-2021, 07:15 PM
Yeah it seems like this has been done to death.

Simple fact is tho, we are virtually at the All-star break and there is absolutely no evidence this season that says Joel is not the best center and best Player in the world.

Yeah if only a 28 game stretch at the beginning of the season was the determining factor.

GOBB says he values the all NBA teams. Last year I see AD on the first team, jokic in the 2nd team and gobert on the 3rd team.

Where was embiid?:confusedshrug:

GOBB
02-28-2021, 07:40 PM
You listed All star games so I assumed you care about them.

You also mentioned playoff appearances. Obviously making the playoffs is much easier in the east and has been for a long time.

The season isn't even half over yet. If embiid can make it through the whole season playing at a high level then I won't be so skeptical about him.

Because I replied to someone who said Embiid did nothing. I mentioned playoff appearances because you are big on how many games Mr availability is for a franchise. And you’re probably low key banking he miss significant time before playoffs come. Yet and still only two playoff appearances by the guy? Just makes me chuckle how Mr Fragile has been in the postseason more. I’m just pointing out the funny. Now saying embiid is better because he went to the all star game and playoffs more.

GOBB
02-28-2021, 07:42 PM
Who plays better in the playoffs?

Jokic has.

GOBB
02-28-2021, 07:44 PM
Yeah if only a 28 game stretch at the beginning of the season was the determining factor.

GOBB says he values the all NBA teams. Last year I see AD on the first team, jokic in the 2nd team and gobert on the 3rd team.

Where was embiid?:confusedshrug:

He didn’t make the all nba team. Jokic did. He’s matched Embiid with 2 all nba team selections. Kudos. If only he could make just one all defensive team. Maybe this season. What’s his defense been like?

tontoz
02-28-2021, 07:49 PM
Because I replied to someone who said Embiid did nothing. I mentioned playoff appearances because you are big on how many games Mr availability is for a franchise. And you’re probably low key banking he miss significant time before playoffs come. Yet and still only two playoff appearances by the guy? Just makes me chuckle how Mr Fragile has been in the postseason more. I’m just pointing out the funny. Now saying embiid is better because he went to the all star game and playoffs more.

What makes me chuckle is the fact that jokic has played in 12 !more playoff games in spite of playing in a far tougher conference.

Last year embiid got swept by the Celtics.:lol

The only time Philly really made some noise in the playoffs was taking Toronto to 7 games and embiid was crap that series.

tontoz
02-28-2021, 08:15 PM
He didn’t make the all nba team. Jokic did. He’s matched Embiid with 2 all nba team selections. Kudos. If only he could make just one all defensive team. Maybe this season. What’s his defense been like?

If we go by the mystery that is RPM he has been fractionally negative on D. Embiid is better on D jokic is better on offense. Overall embiid ranks fractionally better.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/position/9

Of course stats only take into account games played, not games missed.

GOBB
02-28-2021, 08:28 PM
What makes me chuckle is the fact that jokic has played in 12 !more playoff games in spite of playing in a far tougher conference.

Last year embiid got swept by the Celtics.:lol

The only time Philly really made some noise in the playoffs was taking Toronto to 7 games and embiid was crap that series.

Didn’t Jokic lose to the Blazers? Yikes. Ha

Taurus
02-28-2021, 08:32 PM
I honestly feel like Embiid and Jokic are equally great players that have different styles. Whoever is "better" is the player that has a team that can utilize their strengths more

bobopenguin
02-28-2021, 08:35 PM
i love embiid, but i take jokic.

tontoz
02-28-2021, 08:49 PM
Didn’t Jokic lose to the Blazers? Yikes. Ha

They lost by 4 in game 7 of the second round two years ago. That time frame should bring back some memories.:lol

Does 6-18 ring a bell? Jokic dropped 29/13 in game 7, that old reliability thing again.

They didn't get swept in the first round.

NBAGOAT
02-28-2021, 09:04 PM
embiid's on a complete hot streak with his jumper early on and it's still very debatable right now. I still lean jokic overall and he's got the playoff numbers too.

NugzFan
03-01-2021, 01:12 AM
Goddamn

I’d like to report a murder

Suspect goes by tontoz. Likes a basketball team in DC. Ish member for 15 years. Last seen 8:49pm.

Victim: GOBB. RIP.

Gougou
03-01-2021, 01:36 AM
Jokic makes his team better and does well in the playoff, rewatch last years Clippers series and see how important he is to the team. Clippers nearly had no answers for him.

GOBB
03-01-2021, 06:39 AM
They lost by 4 in game 7 of the second round two years ago. That time frame should bring back some memories.:lol

Does 6-18 ring a bell? Jokic dropped 29/13 in game 7, that old reliability thing again.

They didn't get swept in the first round.

Embiid had 30-12 with no Ben Simmons. Imagine no Jamal Murray in the playoffs. Denver is out first rd. You posted his stats and fail to acknowledge he was a NO SHOW in the 4th quarter of that game.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201905120DEN.html

3-10 FG
0-3 3pt
8pts

In a game 7. 29pts tho right? All that matters. That old realizability thing again in the final quarter of a game 7 from this efficient stud muffin. Clearly that Denver fan didn’t want to relive that.

Session
03-01-2021, 09:43 AM
Jokic is the real point center in the league, he makes his teammates better.
Embiid is a classic center in a little man league.

Nikola Jokic :djparty

tontoz
03-01-2021, 09:58 AM
Embiid had 30-12 with no Ben Simmons. Imagine no Jamal Murray in the playoffs. Denver is out first rd. You posted his stats and fail to acknowledge he was a NO SHOW in the 4th quarter of that game.

3-10 FG
0-3 3pt
8pts

In a game 7. 29pts tho right? All that matters. That old realizability thing again in the final quarter of a game 7 from this efficient stud muffin. Clearly that Denver fan didn’t want to relive that.

Embiid had 21 pts shooting 6-18 in game 7 vs the Raps. For the series he averaged 17.6 ppg shooting like ass.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201905120TOR.html

Murray was a no show the entire game for Denver going 4-18 from the field in game 7. He wasn't ready for prime time yet. Murray shot like crap the whole series with a TS 8.6% worse than Jokic.

With Murray in a funk and Milsap going 3-13 Jokic got aggressive and took 10 shots in a quarter, something he rarely does if ever. Predictably it didn't go well, probably due in part to the fact that he played 42 minutes.

GOBB
03-01-2021, 10:24 AM
Jokic can’t take 10 shots in a final quarter of a Game 7 (win or go home)? Yikes. Embiid dropped 17 in the 4th vs Boston last post season when they got swept. Some things aren’t in guys DNA. Like you said he rarely takes 10 shots because he’s not a player who imposes his will to score. Which is why Embiid avg 30 in less minutes. He’s built for it. Kudos for Jokic making the beautiful pass tho.

Marc Gasol for whatever reason has always defended Embiid well. The difference with this convo is I don’t run to excuses for performance. You never read embiid outperformed Jokic in the post season for his career. You never read Embiid didn’t have this or that in game 7 vs Toronto. The only thing I’ve said is Ben Simmons was missing last season which is why sixers got swept. Which is factual. And raised the question imagine if Jokic didn’t have Murray he wouldn’t get out of the first either. I call things for what they are. You’re feeding me TS% of Murray vs Portland and can’t admit ya man Jokic sold out in crunch time of the game 7 series. It’s ok to say it. If it’ll make u happy guess what. It doesn’t mean Jokic still hasn’t performed better in the post season than Embiid.

Jokic supports are incapable of being this objective. Yikes

tontoz
03-01-2021, 10:40 AM
Jokic can’t take 10 shots in a final quarter of a Game 7 (win or go home)? Yikes. Embiid dropped 17 in the 4th vs Boston last post season when they got swept. Some things aren’t in guys DNA. Like you said he rarely takes 10 shots because he’s not a player who imposes his will to score. Which is why Embiid avg 30 in less minutes. He’s built for it. Kudos for Jokic making the beautiful pass tho.

Marc Gasol for whatever reason has always defended Embiid well. The difference with this convo is I don’t run to excuses for performance. You never read embiid outperformed Jokic in the post season for his career. You never read Embiid didn’t have this or that in game 7 vs Toronto. The only thing I’ve said is Ben Simmons was missing last season which is why sixers got swept. Which is factual. And raised the question imagine if Jokic didn’t have Murray he wouldn’t get out of the first either. I call things for what they are. You’re feeding me TS% of Murray vs Portland and can’t admit ya man Jokic sold out in crunch time of the game 7 series. It’s ok to say it. If it’ll make u happy guess what. It doesn’t mean Jokic still hasn’t performed better in the post season than Embiid.

Jokic supports are incapable of being this objective. Yikes

Uhhh.... Jokic did take 10 shots in the quarter of a game 7 after playing almost the whole game. Selling out is going 1-3 in the 4th when the team needs you. he tried to put the team on his back and came up short. Cant fault him for that.

Jokic has played 35 playoff games, 12 more than Embiid, with an average of 25 ppg. He is also averaging 27 ppg so far this season while being the teams primary playmaker. I think his "DNA" is holding up just fine.

Of course Embiid doesn't have to worry about running the teams offense. He just worries about getting his own shot/getting to the foul line. The only thing Embiid is currently doing better than Jokic on offense is getting to the foul line. Jokic is better at literally everything else.

Kblaze8855
03-01-2021, 10:56 AM
Close enough not to argue no matter who is picked. No definitive answer to me.

GOBB
03-01-2021, 11:20 AM
Uhhh.... Jokic did take 10 shots in the quarter of a game 7 after playing almost the whole game. Selling out is going 1-3 in the 4th when the team needs you. he tried to put the team on his back and came up short. Cant fault him for that.

Jokic has played 35 playoff games, 12 more than Embiid, with an average of 25 ppg. He is also averaging 27 ppg so far this season while being the teams primary playmaker. I think his "DNA" is holding up just fine.

Of course Embiid doesn't have to worry about running the teams offense. He just worries about getting his own shot/getting to the foul line. The only thing Embiid is currently doing better than Jokic on offense is getting to the foul line. Jokic is better at literally everything else.

Huh? You said Jokic taking 10 shots in a quarter isn’t his game. I replied damn he can’t take 10 shots and you replied “he did”. Da hell. You need a coffee break. Going 3-10 (0-3 from 3) with 8pts in a game 7 4th quarter is selling. Stop making excuses. You posted his total pts. I highlight in the final quarter of a game 7 he struggled. And it’s due to MINUTES? Everyone plays a lot of minutes in the playoffs. Breaking news! Jokic average 39mpg for the playoffs and I’m sitting here reading how him playing 42 minutes was a lot for him. Even tho he avg 42mpg ca Blazers!!!! Hahahahahaa like I said Jokic supporters just can’t keep it real and do away with Excuses. Sad really.

The playoff stats are meaningless. Who are you trying to convince yourself? Gotta be more secure with your stance bruh.

Embiid is a better scorer. And if you think it’s based on free throws you’re fooling yourself. Jokic can not nor will ever be as dominant scoring the ball as a big than Embiid. He’s not that kind of player. He’s great at what he does. Amazing passer, setting up teammates to score. He’s a good scorer in his own right. Can’t knock any of that. The determining factor for me is close game I want to dump the ball into my big. Who am I confident will get me buckets. It’s embiid. Jokic fans overstate his offense to try and close the gap of how much better embiid is defensively. So you want to exaggerate the offense for Jokic to even the other side of the ball. It’s hilarious.

tontoz
03-01-2021, 11:29 AM
Huh? You said Jokic taking 10 shots in a quarter isn’t his game. I replied damn he can’t take 10 shots and you replied “he did”. Da hell. You need a coffee break. Going 3-10 (0-3 from 3) with 8pts in a game 7 4th quarter is selling. Stop making excuses. You posted his total pts. I highlight in the final quarter of a game 7 he struggled. And it’s due to MINUTES? Everyone plays a lot of minutes in the playoffs. Breaking news! Jokic average 39mpg and I’m sitting here reading how him playing 42 minutes was a lot for him. Hahahahahaa like I said Jokic supporters just can’t keep it real and do away with Excuses. Sad really.

The playoff stats are meaningless. Who are you trying to convince yourself? Gotta be more secure with your stance bruh.

Embiid is a better scorer. And if you think it’s based on free throws you’re fooling yourself. Jokic can not nor will ever be as dominant scoring the ball as a big than Embiid. He’s not that kind of player. He’s great at what he does. Amazing passer, setting up teammates to score. He’s a good scorer in his own right. Can’t knock any of that. The determining factor for me is close game I want to dump the ball into my big. Who am I confident will get me buckets. It’s embiid. Jokic fans overstate his offense to try and close the gap of how much better embiid is defensively. So you want to exaggerate the offense for Jokic to even the other side of the ball. It’s hilarious.

Taking 10 shots in a quarter is a lot for anyone. Beal leads the league in shot attempts at 24 per game. That is an average of 6 per quarter.

What exactly is Embiid doing better on offense other than getting to the foul line? Be specific.

Playoff stats are meaningless, but the stats for one quarter of one playoff game are significant? You are making a big deal of Jokic shooting 30% for one quarter. Embiid shot 37% from the field for an entire 7 game series. :roll:

In a tight game Jokic is easily the better option. He can get a good shot for himself or a teammate. he is more versatile which is probably why he is more effective in the playoffs when teams have more time to prepare defensively.

GOBB
03-01-2021, 11:46 AM
Taking 10 shots in a quarter is a lot for anyone. Beal leads the league in shot attempts at 24 per game. That is an average of 6 per quarter.

What exactly is Embiid doing better on offense other than getting to the foul line? Be specific.

Playoff stats are meaningless, but the stats for one quarter of one playoff game are significant? You are making a big deal of Jokic shooting 30% for one quarter. Embiid shot 37% from the field for an entire 7 game series. :roll:

In a tight game Jokic is easily the better option. He can get a good shot for himself or a teammate. he is more versatile which is probably why he is more effective in the playoffs when teams have more time to prepare defensively.

He was inefficient in the 4th He sold in the 4th.. You highlight shot attempts and total minutes he played. Weak excuse. Had he played well you would be letting me know. Much like you did saying he scored 29pts in game 7. But somehow when I point out a key quarter in a elimination game im tripping? Just admit he sold. Tough pull to swallow huh.

Playoff stats are meaningless? Who said that? Recap since you aren’t keeping track of this. I said Jokic has performed better in the playoffs than Embiid. Said it awhile back. You keep mentioning playoff performance playoff performance why? Is it to convince yourself that Jokic has performed better? Ok. It’s weird but ok. I brought up the 4th since u cited a game 7 game vs blazers whwew he scored 29 and grabbed 13 rbs. So I gave u context since u seem to avoid that a lot. Now I’m tripping for doing so? Now u wanna make up excusss? Solid bruh.

Your next reply should not be about playoffs. Not sure why you’re stuck on that my guy.

In a tight game embiid is better

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-01-2021, 11:49 AM
Close enough not to argue no matter who is picked. No definitive answer to me.

More or less. Only thing I'll say is that Joker's probably had better playoff runs and that carries weight. Past is past but players build from it.

Embiid is the MVP right now, but better player could go either way. Joker has more offensive impact according to reputable metrics while Embiid has greater impact overall. Again, tough to gauge what's what during the regular-season because everyone eats in today's game. This years playoffs will answer the question more definitively.

tontoz
03-01-2021, 11:54 AM
Playoff stats are meaningless? Who said that? r

Uhhh... you did.

Huh? You said Jokic taking 10 shots in a quarter isn’t his game. I replied damn he can’t take 10 shots and you replied “he did”. Da hell. You need a coffee break. Going 3-10 (0-3 from 3) with 8pts in a game 7 4th quarter is selling. Stop making excuses. You posted his total pts. I highlight in the final quarter of a game 7 he struggled. And it’s due to MINUTES? Everyone plays a lot of minutes in the playoffs. Breaking news! Jokic average 39mpg for the playoffs and I’m sitting here reading how him playing 42 minutes was a lot for him. Even tho he avg 42mpg ca Blazers!!!! Hahahahahaa like I said Jokic supporters just can’t keep it real and do away with Excuses. Sad really.

tontoz
03-01-2021, 11:57 AM
BTW still waiting for what Embiid does better than Jokic offensively, other than getting to the foul line. :sleeping

GOBB
03-01-2021, 12:06 PM
Uhhh... you did.

It’s meaningless because I ALREADY STATED JOKIC outperformed Embiid in the playoffs! So you keep posting playoff stats means what?! Hence why I followed up my comment by WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO CONVINCE YOURSELF?

Jesus I need you to read a little my guy.

GOBB
03-01-2021, 12:08 PM
BTW still waiting for what Embiid does better than Jokic offensively, other than getting to the foul line. :sleeping

He scores. He’s a better low post scorer. You can take away his free throws Embiid still out scores Jokic in less minutes. Explain.

Steve Nash has better efficiency %’s than Allen Iverson. Allen Iverson is a better scorer. Has little to do with free throws. Follow or nah?

tontoz
03-01-2021, 12:14 PM
It’s meaningless because I ALREADY STATED JOKIC outperformed Embiid in the playoffs! So you keep posting playoff stats means what?! Hence why I followed up my comment by WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO CONVINCE YOURSELF?

Jesus I need you to read a little my guy.

I just read what you wrote. It didn't make sense.

It also doesn't make sense to make a big deal about Jokic shooting poorly for one quarter of a game 7 when Embiid shot like ass for an entire 7 game series, including going 6-18 in game 7.

If you don't want to keep talking about the playoffs then why do you keep bringing up one quarter out of 35 playoff games?

If you would prefer to talk about the regular season lets do that. They are both attempting 18 shots from the field. Jokic is shooting far better on those shots. Embiid gets to the foul line more which is why he scores more points. That is the only advantage he has. If you think he has another advantage then by all means feel free to mention it.

I know you don't like to talk about the 6 games Embiid has missed. They lost 5 of those games. Those 5 losses could easily have an effect on the playoff seeding.

tontoz
03-01-2021, 12:19 PM
He scores. He’s a better low post scorer. You can take away his free throws Embiid still out scores Jokic in less minutes. Explain.

Steve Nash has better efficiency %’s than Allen Iverson. Allen Iverson is a better scorer. Has little to do with free throws. Follow or nah?

Uhh...no. The math isn't hard here.

Jokic scores 22.10 pts from the field (26.7 - 4.6 fts made)
Embiid scores 19.8 pts from the field (30 - 10.2 fts made)

Embiid's EFG of 55.3% is 5.6% worse than Jokic. Jokic is clearly the better scorer from the field this season. Embiid is better at getting to the line.

GOBB
03-01-2021, 12:27 PM
I swear talking to you is like talking g to a brick wall. Your brought up playoffs. You mentioned Embiid playoffs getting swept and lackluster performance vs Toronto. You brought up Jokic losing to Portland in game 7 where he scored 29-13. I bring up the game 7 4th quarter sell out and now you’re talking nonsense? You keep citing stupid ass efg numbers and I asked what was his efg 4th quarter of an elimination game you brought up in relation to Jokic in the playoffs.

You make absolutely no sense replying. And this has become pointless when I said Jokic has performed better in playoffs . Embiid vs Jokic is debatable. You’re not going to convince me it’s not. You’re not going to convince me Jokic is better or a better scorer. The end. Then again probably not since you’ll reference more playoffs shit for whatever reason. I make sense when I type. I comprehend what’s said. I don’t confuse other posters comment with yours. Therefore I’m a better poster than you on here. Try it bud.

dankok8
03-01-2021, 12:29 PM
Jokic is the easy choice because he's more durable. Embiid gets hurt a lot.

tontoz
03-01-2021, 12:31 PM
Uhh...no. The math isn't hard here.

Jokic scores 22.10 pts from the field (26.7 - 4.6 fts made)
Embiid scores 19.8 pts from the field (30 - 10.2 fts made)

Embiid's EFG of 55.3% is 5.6% worse than Jokic. Jokic is clearly the better scorer from the field this season. Embiid is better at getting to the line.

Keep deflecting :roll:

Jokic scores more pts from the field on a far better percentage. Truth hurts i know.

GOBB
03-01-2021, 12:40 PM
This coming from a guy who said Embiid is showing signs of falling off based on a 3 game stretch. If you knew better you would do better.

tontoz
03-01-2021, 12:49 PM
This coming from a guy who said Embiid is showing signs of falling off based on a 3 game stretch. If you knew better you would do better.

In Embiid's career season Jokic is still scoring more from the field on a far better percentage. Any comment on this?

:roll:

iamgine
03-01-2021, 01:22 PM
Embiid seems slightly better but you can't trust his health so I'd take Jokic 100%.

Xiao Yao You
03-01-2021, 01:31 PM
Jokic is the easy choice because he's more durable. Embiid gets hurt a lot.

yep. Not even worth arguing about for that reason

fourkicks44
03-01-2021, 07:52 PM
In Embiid's career season Jokic is still scoring more from the field on a far better percentage. Any comment on this?

:roll:

GOBB deserves the first right of reply here, however I need to step in and moderate this discussion in relation to this point.

It is quite obvious that opposing teams defend Embiid and Jokic differently.

Joel is doubled and triple teamed a hell of a lot more than Jokic.

Joel doesn't see single coverage in the paint often which goes a long way to answer your point.

Ok now carry on, children.

GOBB
03-01-2021, 08:14 PM
GOBB deserves the first right of reply here, however I need to step in and moderate this discussion in relation to this point.

It is quite obvious that opposing teams defend Embiid and Jokic differently.

Joel is doubled and triple teamed a hell of a lot more than Jokic.

Joel doesn't see single coverage in the paint often which goes a long way to answer your point.

Ok now carry on, children.

Exactly. Pacers game right now first two sixers possessions embiid got ball and that sent doubles. Sh*t different over here.

Manny98
03-01-2021, 09:09 PM
Jokic is the best offensive center I have ever seen but his defense is meh

Embiid is a monster on both ends but he has the durability of a wet tissue

Both are better than any big men we have seen since the Shaq

tontoz
03-01-2021, 09:10 PM
Of course embiid is doubled more. Jokic is the best passing big in the game by far. Doubling jokic means wide open shots for his teammates all night long. Duh

Jokic has already proven that he doesnt care how many points he scores.

GOBB
03-01-2021, 11:29 PM
24pts 13rb 5ast 10-17fg for Embiid tonight. Man he’s really failing off.

Xiao Yao You
03-01-2021, 11:35 PM

hopefully he shows up on Wed.

tontoz
03-01-2021, 11:37 PM

I think a 3 game stretch shooting 26% is pretty unusual for a center. Maybe he stubbed his toe or something.

Another center had a pretty good game tonight...

39/14/9 shooting 17-28. Want to guess who it was?

NuggetsFan
03-01-2021, 11:39 PM
This season? Toss up. Wouldn't argue against Embiid. Last year it was easily Jokic IMO but Embiid has been absolutely locked in so far. I'd take Jokic because he's played better in the playoffs overall. I think that's the deciding factor so far outside of health. That can change tho. I'm curious to see what Jokic is going to have left come playoff time. He's never scored like this in the regular season.

I think the most overlooked thing about Jokic in these comparisons is his defense is nowhere near as bad as some people think and it doesn't get talked about how clutch he's been in his career. Check out his game winners.

Im so nba'd out
03-02-2021, 12:42 AM
The one who is elite at both ends of the court not just one.....kind of an easy and obvious answer :oldlol:

GOBB
03-02-2021, 12:51 AM
I think a 3 game stretch shooting 26% is pretty unusual for a center. Maybe he stubbed his toe or something.

Another center had a pretty good game tonight...

39/14/9 shooting 17-28. Want to guess who it was?

Last 2 games.

23-39 fg
3-5 3pt

66pts 26 rbs 11ast

Damn he’s falling off. 29 games, 3 game stretch - last 2 games = falling off

That legendary logic. Yikes

GOBB
03-02-2021, 12:52 AM
This season? Toss up. Wouldn't argue against Embiid. Last year it was easily Jokic IMO but Embiid has been absolutely locked in so far. I'd take Jokic because he's played better in the playoffs overall. I think that's the deciding factor so far outside of health. That can change tho. I'm curious to see what Jokic is going to have left come playoff time. He's never scored like this in the regular season.

I think the most overlooked thing about Jokic in these comparisons is his defense is nowhere near as bad as some people think and it doesn't get talked about how clutch he's been in his career. Check out his game winners.

Agreed.

Jasper
03-02-2021, 11:05 AM
kind of warms my heart to see a 5 being a first option ... .not since Shaq it seems ..(Embiid must lov Doc)

NuggetsFan
03-02-2021, 12:11 PM
Agreed.

I didn't think he'd keep it up. Not due to a lack of talent but I think Embiid's biggest issue is his stamina/durability so assumed he'd either slow down abit or start missing a ton of games. He's missed what like 5 games? That's not bad in a league where alot of superstars load manage or whatever. His splits this season of 52/41/86 while scoring more than he did '18-19 is impressive. Unless the Nuggets go on a win streak he'd be my choice for MVP right now. Can't give it to a guy on a team with a record of the Nuggets atm. I think it's pretty wild what both are doing as C's in a era that's built for guards.

I think last year Jokic was clearly better, the year before was alot closer but Jokic's durability/stamina makes him the choice. Jokic has had bad playoff games, bad quarters etc. but he's yet to put up a dud in a series overall yet. It'll likely eventually come but until than I always put lots of stock in playoff play.

GOBB
03-02-2021, 01:13 PM
I didn't think he'd keep it up. Not due to a lack of talent but I think Embiid's biggest issue is his stamina/durability so assumed he'd either slow down abit or start missing a ton of games. He's missed what like 5 games? That's not bad in a league where alot of superstars load manage or whatever. His splits this season of 52/41/86 while scoring more than he did '18-19 is impressive. Unless the Nuggets go on a win streak he'd be my choice for MVP right now. Can't give it to a guy on a team with a record of the Nuggets atm. I think it's pretty wild what both are doing as C's in a era that's built for guards.

I think last year Jokic was clearly better, the year before was alot closer but Jokic's durability/stamina makes him the choice. Jokic has had bad playoff games, bad quarters etc. but he's yet to put up a dud in a series overall yet. It'll likely eventually come but until than I always put lots of stock in playoff play.

He’s in the best shape/conditioning of his career. It’s very noticeable this season vs last. I think that issue is resolved. Missing games is a mystery. And I’m not sure if it’s Embiid really injured or load management. Maybe both? The times he misses games are just odd. And often catches media/fans by surprise. Which is why I assume sixers are tryi to preserve him for the post season. I can’t fault anyone for thinking it’s durability on Embiid part. He will miss a game and come back like a monster. Boggles my mind at where the “injury” is.

Jokic has been a stud in the playoffs. Won’t ever deny that. I was only being petty because the other guy was obsessed with Embiid playoff stats even after I already conceded Jokic has Embiid in that department. Since he kept harping on stats, adv stats efficiency I wanted to see his response at me posting that quarter. Enjoyed watching him squirm that’s all.

Definitely impressive for two big men to do the kind of numbers they have been doing. I was hoping Jokic could finish the season averaging a triple double. He’s doing video game numbers it’s amazing. Crazy to think one will only be first team all nba. At this point you have to give the nod to Jokic.

NuggetsFan
03-02-2021, 01:57 PM
He’s in the best shape/conditioning of his career. It’s very noticeable this season vs last. I think that issue is resolved. Missing games is a mystery. And I’m not sure if it’s Embiid really injured or load management. Maybe both? The times he misses games are just odd. And often catches media/fans by surprise. Which is why I assume sixers are tryi to preserve him for the post season. I can’t fault anyone for thinking it’s durability on Embiid part. He will miss a game and come back like a monster. Boggles my mind at where the “injury” is.

Jokic has been a stud in the playoffs. Won’t ever deny that. I was only being petty because the other guy was obsessed with Embiid playoff stats even after I already conceded Jokic has Embiid in that department. Since he kept harping on stats, adv stats efficiency I wanted to see his response at me posting that quarter. Enjoyed watching him squirm that’s all.

Definitely impressive for two big men to do the kind of numbers they have been doing. I was hoping Jokic could finish the season averaging a triple double. He’s doing video game numbers it’s amazing. Crazy to think one will only be first team all nba. At this point you have to give the nod to Jokic.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out with the games missed. At this point you gotta think Embiid/Philly knows how much of a chance he has at winning the MVP. Maybe there thinking championship and won't want to tire Embiid out but I think we'll see down the stretch because I doubt Embiid is going to wanna miss many games.

It's pretty wild how efficient both are from the field, 3, and FT line. Basically shooting the ball like an elite guard. With how the NBA is nowadays and C's switching alot it's not like they can just camp under the basket.

I could see Jokic getting 1st team All-NBA if his scoring maintains but the Nuggets being a disappointment this year wouldn't be upset if he didn't get it. Right or wrong with how the NBA works your getting dinged for being a 7th seed. If the Nuggets could somehow catch a team like the Suns would make a big difference. Either way it'll be hard to select one and could see Philly record coming into play with awards.

LoneyROY7
03-02-2021, 02:04 PM
Joker is having an incredible season, as is Joel...but man I'm really enjoying some of these Jokic highlights I'm catching.

His post game, with all the feints and the passing potential, but still having this full array of hooks and fading shots he can hit you with is just pretty. Him getting into shape just took his game to another level.

Rudeboy3
03-02-2021, 08:51 PM
the answer is jokic by a mile, compare jokic playoff stats to embiids, shits night and day

tontoz
03-02-2021, 08:56 PM
I I have to admit that Embiid does have a nice offensive arsenal. I am always amused watching his euro step.

Curious as to why he is suddenly shooting over 40% from 3. He has never been close to that before.

k0kakw0rld
03-04-2021, 12:18 AM
Embiid responds with a 40/19 game. Gotdamn what a battle these two have this season.