PDA

View Full Version : Where do you fall on band shirts?

Bimbo Coles
02-28-2021, 10:30 AM
a) it's okay if you simply like the image
b) you have to like the band

If you proceed, know that feelings will be hurt.

Derka
02-28-2021, 07:03 PM
Band shirts > Non-athletes who wear team jerseys with their actual name on it.

SATAN
02-28-2021, 08:29 PM
Caring what other people wear is lame.

Draz
02-28-2021, 09:09 PM
Idgaf what I'm wearing tbh. I'm married I lost that 4 years ago

Bimbo Coles
02-28-2021, 10:55 PM
I see a lot of Koreans wearing ACDC, Guns N Rose, INXS. You can tell they haven't heard a second of the band's music. It takes a fair scrotum to wear a shirt of a dogshite band, though. Ramones included.

clipps
02-28-2021, 11:04 PM
Only Creed and Nickelback.:rockon:

Shooter
02-28-2021, 11:27 PM
If you don't like the band then that's a bit odd.

Axe
02-28-2021, 11:34 PM
Imagine old men in their late 40s or above wearing One Direction shirts.

Could be hilarious or creepy at first but if that's what they like, then so be it.

Bimbo Coles
02-28-2021, 11:39 PM
The criterion should be a simple investigation. You don't even have to like the band, but you should have some context as to what it is you're wearing.

clipps
02-28-2021, 11:54 PM
The criterion should be a simple investigation. You don't even have to like the band, but you should have some context as to what it is you're wearing.

I feel like band shirts mean more to me if I get them from a live show. Anyone can go to Spencers or buy something on-line.

Axe
02-28-2021, 11:56 PM
I feel like band shirts mean more to me if I get them from a live show. Anyone can go to Spencers or buy something on-line.
:cheers:

SATAN
03-01-2021, 07:02 AM

Why?

Thorpesaurous
03-01-2021, 10:37 AM
Ideally you should have seen the band.

However, it's not easy to get to show, so you should like them enough to know a few songs, and say "I'd like to see them live."

Thorpesaurous
03-01-2021, 10:38 AM
So not like that wave a decade ago where a half the population was wearing Che Guevara shirts.

TheMan
03-01-2021, 01:20 PM
Idgaf what I'm wearing tbh. I'm married I lost that 4 years ago

Haha, I know the feeling :lol

My wife bought me an AC/DC shirt a couple of weeks ago, totally unexpected since she doesn't like rock music like I do :rockon:

About the opening post, I really don't care, I see tons of people who wear metal t-shirts who obviously never listen to it, Iron Maiden shirts are really popular with goofballs like Justin Bieber who you know can't name one Maiden song...who cares though, I mean if I were in a band and people just wore my band's because it looks cool, I wouldn't GAF, keep buying those shirts because that's more money in my pocket! I bet those bands must feel the same way. I used to wear metal shirts back when it was only for us goofy metalhead loners, now the Kardashians wear em too, lol.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRk-TYmXUwCVvPQeVKucr2z1veiCLUS1_ysq-OWkE397KPWUlCAwV8MKqIu&s=10
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSf9vPrKtguVZz9lk5ktHY0-VbXxvlW-nQ3whDfX73LSaPHNmd_IQXXQEQ&s=10

HylianNightmare
03-01-2021, 02:28 PM
if you're wearing a cattle decapitation shirt or brand of sacrifice you better be down to ****ing chat about that shit. I met some dude at the local park one day and he tried to say it was his exes hoodie and he'd never heard of the band smh

SATAN
03-01-2021, 06:22 PM
What if the person is a big fan of the artist who did the artwork? Or just likes the artwork in general?

I'm curious why some people get so outraged at this kind of stuff. Music and culture has changed to an extent. How many people wear Jordan sneakers yet are just casuals who don't play basketball? No one gives a shit.

Regarding the pop stars in rock and metal shirts: I think their labels and managers have been floating conspiracy theories about them selling their souls for a long time and the change of dress style was just more attention grabbing bs. Satanism is something people tend to pay attention to in entertainment. The "idols" rely on image and people giving them power through their attention.

Gohan
03-01-2021, 07:18 PM
Haha, I know the feeling :lol

My wife bought me an AC/DC shirt a couple of weeks ago, totally unexpected since she doesn't like rock music like I do :rockon:

About the opening post, I really don't care, I see tons of people who wear metal t-shirts who obviously never listen to it, Iron Maiden shirts are really popular with goofballs like Justin Bieber who you know can't name one Maiden song...who cares though, I mean if I were in a band and people just wore my band's because it looks cool, I wouldn't GAF, keep buying those shirts because that's more money in my pocket! I bet those bands must feel the same way. I used to wear metal shirts back when it was only for us goofy metalhead loners, now the Kardashians wear em too, lol.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRk-TYmXUwCVvPQeVKucr2z1veiCLUS1_ysq-OWkE397KPWUlCAwV8MKqIu&s=10
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSf9vPrKtguVZz9lk5ktHY0-VbXxvlW-nQ3whDfX73LSaPHNmd_IQXXQEQ&s=10

I’ll continue to rock Gucci y’all can wear band shirts

Overdrive
03-01-2021, 07:30 PM
I’ll continue to rock Gucci y’all can wear band shirts

Gucci suits or some chinese t-shirts with Gucci labels on them?

I've got quite some band shirts from gigs or regular ones, but idgaf if some people wear them without being fans. Why would I? Actually it's a good thing. Maybe they'll start listening to the bands they wear.

Obviously ACDC isn't the technical pinnacle of rock music, but chances are bigger if someone starts listening to them that they'll someday explore more complex music. Stuck on Cardi B? No chance.

fsvr54
03-01-2021, 08:11 PM
The problem with super high end clothing as you out yourself as a target for theft. The pros of being dressed casual, I can walk anywhere at any time with no worries.

Gohan
03-01-2021, 08:47 PM
Gucci suits or some chinese t-shirts with Gucci labels on them?

I've got quite some band shirts from gigs or regular ones, but idgaf if some people wear them without being fans. Why would I? Actually it's a good thing. Maybe they'll start listening to the bands they wear.

Obviously ACDC isn't the technical pinnacle of rock music, but chances are bigger if someone starts listening to them that they'll someday explore more complex music. Stuck on Cardi B? No chance.

Nah all my ish is real lmao

hateraid
03-01-2021, 08:50 PM
I think when you wear items that have certain context you should have insight about what you're wearing

People who rock Jordans but can't dribble a ball
People who wear Bass Pro Shop hats and never baited a hook
People who wear Carhartt gear and never done hard labor

All kind of fits that mold. Wearing something strictly as a fashion statement.

Overdrive
03-01-2021, 09:08 PM
Nah all my ish is real lmao

That's no answer. The shirts are real, too.

Gohan
03-01-2021, 09:15 PM
That's no answer. The shirts are real, too.

Oh ok I’m guessing the band shirts are expensive right? I thought they were some cheap shit you could buy from target or something

Overdrive
03-01-2021, 09:20 PM
Oh ok I’m guessing the band shirts are expensive right? I thought they were some cheap shit you could buy from target or something

It's not about the price. I just checked the Gucci stuff is even made in Italy. I just think it's hilarious that some people believe if the wear a Gucci t-shirt they show some kind of wealth. Nobody with a band shirt does this.

clipps
03-02-2021, 03:33 PM

Since when is it a bad thing to buy cheap shit from Target? Are you that insecure about yourself? Grow the **** up, c*ck breath.

72-10
03-04-2021, 12:32 AM
Most of the time I rock Hawaiian shirts with the overbearing tropical breezes.

Nanners
03-04-2021, 12:56 AM
"I do what I want, get all the Gucci and Louis Vuitton, outta my closet, outta my crib, I do not want it, that is for kids

That is for rappers who ask you to produce their beats for free
Pretending online like they're rich

I am not playing it safe, I said what I said, it is what it is"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHBMbZdCpSk

Axe
03-04-2021, 02:24 AM
Most of the time I rock Hawaiian shirts with the overbearing tropical breezes.
:cheers:

MrFonzworth
03-09-2021, 08:25 AM
"I do what I want, get all the Gucci and Louis Vuitton, outta my closet, outta my crib, I do not want it, that is for kids

That is for rappers who ask you to produce their beats for free
Pretending online like they're rich

I am not playing it safe, I said what I said, it is what it is"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHBMbZdCpSk

Cringe

Street Hunger
04-07-2021, 07:47 PM
It's time for band T-shirts to make a comeback.

I say this having no explanation as to why, and for all I know they are actually still popular right now