PDA

View Full Version : Tatum & Brown can't be your superstars. They do things to help their game not others

k0kakw0rld
02-28-2021, 10:38 AM
https://zupimages.net/up/21/08/znff.jpg

Spot on. Tatum has no playing ability same for Jaylen Brown.

Real Men Wear Green
02-28-2021, 10:53 AM
Can't imagine how much a team must suck to lose to guys like this in a playoff series.

tpols
02-28-2021, 10:56 AM
They're fake news stars. I was very impressed with Tatum in his first year or two. But he doesn't have the competitive hatred you need to win. And like OP illustrated, he has no playmaking or passing skill. Was never high on Brown. Fake intellectual, doesn't have the feel for the game like true elites. By contrast, Harden has one of the best feels for the game I've ever seen.

k0kakw0rld
02-28-2021, 11:03 AM
Can't imagine how much a team must suck to lose to guys like this in a playoff series.
The quote didn't come from me though.
Your team got more talent individually which made a difference. If Kawhi was still around, no way you beat us.

Real Men Wear Green
02-28-2021, 11:17 AM
The quote didn't come from me though.
Your team got more talent individually which made a difference. If Kawhi was still around, no way you beat us.
Spot on. Tatum has no playing ability same for Jaylen Brown. Unfortunately you're stuck with Pascal Siakam... who got thrashed on both ends by Jaylen Brown who isn't good enough according to this anonymous player you're quoting but "spot on" don't agree with.

tpols
02-28-2021, 11:26 AM
Unfortunately you're stuck with Pascal Siakam... who got thrashed on both ends by Jaylen Brown who isn't good enough according to this anonymous player you're quoting but "spot on" don't agree with.

Celtics are the fakest contenders ever. Yall havent been shit since Larry Bird and you better count your blessings you had him.

k0kakw0rld
02-28-2021, 11:32 AM
Unfortunately you're stuck with Pascal Siakam... who got thrashed on both ends by Jaylen Brown who isn't good enough according to this anonymous player you're quoting but "spot on" don't agree with.
They don't make their teammates better. What's so hard to comprehend here?

Real Men Wear Green
02-28-2021, 11:33 AM
Celtics are the fakest contenders ever. Yall havent been shit since Larry Bird and you better count your blessings you had him.

There have been something like 6 trips to the conference finals to trips to the finals and an NBA championship since Bird retired. Not that I would expect you to know anything like basic information beforewriting something stupid, being you.

Real Men Wear Green
02-28-2021, 11:35 AM
They don't make their teammates better. What's so hard to comprehend here?

So they made the conference finals all by themselves? Ok.

You don't know what "makes their teammates better"even means.

Mask the Embiid
02-28-2021, 11:43 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/Ls0MZwML/43tpkmnffaq51.jpg

k0kakw0rld
02-28-2021, 11:58 AM
So they made the conference finals all by themselves? Ok.

You don't know what "makes their teammates better"even means.
I do. Putting your teammates in position to be successful for the better of the team. Tatum is averaging 43% from the field and plays a lot of iso ball. Also he needs to stop with the step-back threes. He should be driving and dishing instead of chucking 20 shots per game. Kemba has been out so Tatum and Brown need to fill that role.

tpols
02-28-2021, 11:59 AM
There have been something like 6 trips to the conference finals to trips to the finals and an NBA championship since Bird retired. Not that I would expect you to know anything like basic information beforewriting something stupid, being you.

You won one chip. Because of a super team. Don't bullshit me. Kobe ended your little stint. Yall aint been a powerhouse since Bird.

Real Men Wear Green
02-28-2021, 12:05 PM
I do. Putting your teammates in position to be successful for the better of the team. Tatum is averaging 43% from the field and plays a lot of iso ball. Also he needs to stop with the step-back threes. He should be driving and dishing instead of chucking 20 shots per game. Kemba has been out so Tatum and Brown need to fill that role.

And how many assists does Tatum average? Since you want to talk about making teammates better. His field goal percentage is not the measure for how much better he makes teammates if you are trying to analyze it by stats. It can barely be analyzed by his individual stats but if it is it would not be by the percentage of his shots that go in.

Real Men Wear Green
02-28-2021, 12:13 PM
You won one chip. Because of a super team. Don't bullshit me. Kobe ended your little stint. Yall aint been a powerhouse since Bird.

You said they have been shit since Bird. I pointed out a championship two finals and a number of conference finals. Which proves that you are factually incorrect. Further illustrating your stupidity you complain that the championship was a superteam. So? Who do you think wins championships if not the best team? Durant and the Warriors was not a superteam? James pulled a great upset one year in Cleveland and Toronto profited off of the Warriors losing their three best players. Otherwise we live in the Era of superteams. Most of the time you need 2 of the 5 best players in the NBA.

If you bother replying please try to avoid being factually incorrect or just being outright stupid. Good luck.

tpols
02-28-2021, 12:27 PM
You said they have been shit since Bird. I pointed out a championship two finals and a number of conference finals. Which proves that you are factually incorrect. Further illustrating your stupidity you complain that the championship was a superteam. So? Who do you think wins championships if not the best team? Durant and the Warriors was not a superteam? James pulled a great upset one year in Cleveland and Toronto profited off of the Warriors losing their three best players. Otherwise we live in the Era of superteams. Most of the time you need 2 of the 5 best players in the NBA.

If you bother replying please try to avoid being factually incorrect or just being outright stupid. Good luck.

Bird was organic. Don't bullshit me. The teams you referenced were super teams, furthering the point. Bird took a lotto team to dynasty status. You should be ****ing grateful.

Real Men Wear Green
02-28-2021, 12:35 PM
Bird was organic. Don't bullshit me. The teams you referenced were super teams, furthering the point. Bird took a lotto team to dynasty status. You should be ****ing grateful.

Bird's Celtics traded for Robert Parish and a number ofnother player in sure but trading the top pick for Parish (and the pick that became McHale) immediately comes to mind. How that is more organic than trading for KG and Allen I have no idea but I see no logic to your nonsense to begin with. "Be grateful?" What are you even talking about? Are you crazy as well as stupid?

tpols
02-28-2021, 12:40 PM
Bird's Celtics traded for Robert Parish and a number ofnother player in sure but trading the top pick for Parish (and the pick that became McHale) immediately comes to mind. How that is more organic than trading for KG and Allen I have no idea but I see no logic to your nonsense to begin with. "Be grateful?" What are you even talking about? Are you crazy as well as stupid?

If you think Robert Parish equals Kevin Garnett or Paul Pierce or Ray Allen... I dont know what to tell you. Maybe Ray or Paul (stretch) but Garnett?

:biggums:

Your Celtics fandom has been revoked.

Airupthere
02-28-2021, 12:41 PM
Spot on OP. Tatum and brown only create shots for themselves.

Real Men Wear Green
02-28-2021, 12:44 PM
If you think Robert Parish equals Kevin Garnett or Paul Pierce or Ray Allen... I dont know what to tell you. Maybe Ray or Paul (stretch) but Garnett?

Do you really think it matters if the dumbest player on the forum says I can't be a Celtics fan?

You probably do. Moving on.

Horatio33
02-28-2021, 01:44 PM

Youre either the worst troll ever or really stupid. Its hard to figure out.

AirBonner
02-28-2021, 02:05 PM
I think brown and Tatum can be pierce level stars but they need a 3rd star floor general with really good passing

tpols
02-28-2021, 02:57 PM
I think brown and Tatum can be pierce level stars but they need a 3rd star floor general with really good passing

Paul Pierce was way better than Tatum and especially Brown. That's an insult to the truth.

tpols
02-28-2021, 03:02 PM
Youre either the worst troll ever or really stupid. Its hard to figure out.

A lot of things are probably hard for you to figure out. But I can help you out bro. Anytime hit me up for some advice. *wink*

k0kakw0rld
02-28-2021, 03:02 PM
And how many assists does Tatum average? Since you want to talk about making teammates better. His field goal percentage is not the measure for how much better he makes teammates if you are trying to analyze it by stats. It can barely be analyzed by his individual stats but if it is it would not be by the percentage of his shots that go in.
Taking better shots within the flow of the offense is something he doesn't do. Nothing bad about it, he is a scorer, not a playmaker.
4.5 apg is not good enough. The man is taking 20 shots per game shooting inefficiently. The problem with your team is that your two stars are the same player basically. Averaging identical stats, doing the same exact things on the court. Jaylen Brown is just more efficient right now shooting close to 50% FG. They combine for 40 shots per game why? Can you believe they take more shots than Kawhi and Paul George. That he is not a good look.

dbugz
02-28-2021, 03:13 PM

sixers fans where you at? :roll: :roll: :roll:

clipps
02-28-2021, 03:52 PM
Tatum is the most overrated player in the NBA.

Mauzah
02-28-2021, 03:59 PM
I tend to agree with OP however one good game by either player could swing back in the other direction

Real Men Wear Green
02-28-2021, 04:05 PM
Taking better shots within the flow of the offense is something he doesn't do. Nothing bad about it, he is a scorer, not a playmaker.
4.5 apg is not good enough. The man is taking 20 shots per game shooting inefficiently. The problem with your team is that your two stars are the same player basically. Averaging identical stats, doing the same exact things on the court. Jaylen Brown is just more efficient right now shooting close to 50% FG. They combine for 40 shots per game why? Can you believe they take more shots than Kawhi and Paul George. That he is not a good look.

So we've given up on the "makes teammates better" business that you clearly didn't understand and are now just leveling a general criticism of his game? Fine. I don't know why you think he should be averaging more assists as a forward but whatever. 4.5 is a number that exceeds the vast majority of players at his position. They shoot a lot because they're scorers. That's the central part of their games on offense. They're supposed to be aggressive. By season's end the team will have a winning record and they'll be putting up similar numbers on offense. In a week or two when Smart returns things will go back to normal.

Kevin_Garnett_5
02-28-2021, 04:11 PM
:oldlol: An "anonymous player" is just a synonym for bitch ass *****

Probably a Jared Dudley level player just bitter that Tatum and Brown have already eclipsed their entire career by their early 20s.

Wally450
02-28-2021, 05:04 PM

Ya except that stretch when we won the championship and went to another in a 3 year span.

AirBonner
02-28-2021, 08:08 PM
Paul Pierce was way better than Tatum and especially Brown. That's an insult to the truth.

Pierce made one ecf without the big 3 calm down on the Pierce hype.

Gohan
02-28-2021, 08:17 PM

You sound stupid, it’s not like you can win the chip every year

Gohan
02-28-2021, 08:18 PM
Pierce made one ecf without the big 3 calm down on the Pierce hype.

You’re telling me pierce wasn’t better than Tatum? He could of missed the playoffs every year and still would of been better. Tatum has good players on his team

ZionDunks
02-28-2021, 08:28 PM
Gonna file this away.

Tatum is a top 15 to top 10 guy depending on whether or not he has Covid/is slumping

Best quote in the thread is Jaylen being a fake intellectual. As a celts fan that is true. Guy is a knucklehead

They need one more guy. Bad roster, bad luck to get here.

They have accomplished so much more than ______ (try me) did in their first 3 years though.

Airupthere
02-28-2021, 08:41 PM
Tatums crossovers seem ljke he is in quicksand. Doesnt really get him anywhere and he just ends up with the stepback 3. So hard to watch.

ZionDunks
02-28-2021, 08:53 PM
Tatums crossovers seem ljke he is in quicksand. Doesnt really get him anywhere and he just ends up with the stepback 3. So hard to watch.

How has he had so much success?

Why do people like Iverson and others say he’s the closed thing to Kobe?

Finally, who has been a finished product at 22 in terms of guys who landed a max deal

Airupthere
02-28-2021, 08:59 PM
How has he had so much success?

Why do people like Iverson and others say he’s the closed thing to Kobe?

Finally, who has been a finished product at 22 in terms of guys who landed a max deal

Rookie luka has a better game than tatum has now. More fluid on the offense, impact on teammates was high, iq in moving the ball was really high. KD, Lebron, Kobe are just a short list of players that were playi ng much better at the same age.

ZionDunks
02-28-2021, 09:06 PM
Rookie luka has a better game than tatum has now. More fluid on the offense, impact on teammates was high, iq in moving the ball was really high. KD, Lebron, Kobe are just a short list of players that were playi ng much better at the same age.

Tatum has accomplished so much more than LeBron had by 22

Days ago Colin Cowherd said he would take tatum over Luka

Marchesk
02-28-2021, 10:34 PM
Bump on Tatum.

ZionDunks
02-28-2021, 10:44 PM
Ya. He took that over, took it from the loss column and put it in the w.

People will say well it was the wizards.

The Celtics have no one

ZionDunks
02-28-2021, 10:45 PM

c

The Celtics have no one

He definitely created some shots there I would add.

k0kakw0rld
03-03-2021, 02:11 PM

The Celtics have no one

How did he look last night? 14 points 5/16 FG; 1/5 from 3pt in a W.

Airupthere
03-03-2021, 02:38 PM
How did he look last night? 14 points 5/16 FG; 1/5 from 3pt in a W.

Tatum's numbers swing depending on how good his shooting is on a given night. He is simply not versatile enough to create other avenues to score when his long shots dont go in.

His drive to the basket is almost always stolen or the ball tapped away from him. He does not finish strong on the drive unless it's wide open. He can't run the pnr smoothly. He can't find good opportunities for his teammates to score.

Essentially, the celtics are relying on having a good shooting night to win. If they dont, they lose. In a game 7 series they are not winning.

k0kakw0rld
03-03-2021, 03:24 PM
Tatum's numbers swing depending on how good his shooting is on a given night. He is simply not versatile enough to create other avenues to score when his long shots dont go in.

His drive to the basket is almost always stolen or the ball tapped away from him. He does not finish strong on the drive unless it's wide open. He can't run the pnr smoothly. He can't find good opportunities for his teammates to score.

Essentially, the celtics are relying on having a good shooting night to win. If they dont, they lose. In a game 7 series they are not winning.
Factual facts my brother !! :cheers:

ZionDunks
03-04-2021, 12:30 AM

It’s weird though. They have some big signature wins. They are sneaky

SATAN
06-13-2024, 12:41 AM
lol

Neal Romer
06-13-2024, 12:51 AM
lol

Well OP would be correct if the Celtics were a typically constructed team.

The fact theyre a uniquely loaded roster makes the situation an exception.

If you replace Harden and PG with Tatum and Brown they also would have lost to the Mavs. Maybe even in fewer games.

AirBonner
06-13-2024, 01:04 AM
Ah so now Boston is a superteam?

Wally450
06-13-2024, 10:30 AM
They're fake news stars. I was very impressed with Tatum in his first year or two. But he doesn't have the competitive hatred you need to win. And like OP illustrated, he has no playmaking or passing skill. Was never high on Brown. Fake intellectual, doesn't have the feel for the game like true elites. By contrast, Harden has one of the best feels for the game I've ever seen.

Three years later at age 26, he's the best playmaker on the team. Don't commit to what a player will be at age 22-23.

ShawkFactory
06-14-2024, 09:38 AM
Ah so now Boston is a superteam?

I think they're 1-5 is as good as there has been in several years. When completely healthy all of them are top 50ish players in the league. One guy in top 10, another top 15-20.

There is no weakness from anyone when discussing shooting, ball-handling/creating, and defense.

I don't know that "superteam" is the correct term because there isn't that mega top end star. But yes they are loaded.

Real Men Wear Green
06-14-2024, 09:42 AM
I feel like its still too early to be bumping all the bullshit.

1987_Lakers
06-14-2024, 09:47 AM
I think they're 1-5 is as good as there has been in several years. When completely healthy all of them are top 50ish players in the league. One guy in top 10, another top 15-20.

There is no weakness from anyone when discussing shooting, ball-handling/creating, and defense.

I don't know that "superteam" is the correct term because there isn't that mega top end star. But yes they are loaded.

RMWG does not agree.

Real Men Wear Green
06-14-2024, 09:53 AM
RMWG does not agree.
I hate when idiots follow me around. I have been saying the Celtics are highly talented for years now. What you are incapable of understanding is that there is a difference between being highly talented and being one of the most talented teams of all time. If a team only gets one All-NBA player (I disagreed with that, but that's just my opinion) and no top 5 MVP candidate, just two All-Stars overall, how do they qualify as an All-time team? They could be Champions this year...there are 75+ NBA championship teams, all of them are not going to be All-time talented.

You being too stupid to understand this is your problem, not mine.

1987_Lakers
06-14-2024, 09:58 AM
I hate when idiots follow me around. I have been saying the Celtics are highly talented for years now. What you are incapable of understanding is that there is a difference between being highly talented and being one of the most talented teams of all time. If a team only gets one All-NBA player (I disagreed with that, but that's just my opinion) and no top 5 MVP candidate, just two All-Stars overall, how do they qualify as an All-time team? They could be Champions this year...there are 75+ NBA championship teams, all of them are not going to be All-time talented.

You being too stupid to understand this is your problem, not mine.

This year's Celtics don't belong in this conversation. I personally believe that JB deserves more respect but this year's team only had 1 AllNBA player and plenty of people don't think he's top 5. Doesn't compare to a team with prime James and Wade.

The current Celtics could give them a hard time mainly due to playing style with all the threes but they've got 1 AllNBA player and only 2 Allstars. Great team but not stacked.

Nice backtrack.

Real Men Wear Green
06-14-2024, 10:02 AM
Nice backtrack.
Where is the backtracking? You just proved that you have no understanding. It's unfair to expect me to fix the fact that you're stupid.

1987_Lakers
06-14-2024, 10:12 AM
Where is the backtracking? You just proved that you have no understanding. It's unfair to expect me to fix the fact that you're stupid.

Went from saying they are not stacked to "they are not all-time great stacked".

Shameless.

Real Men Wear Green
06-14-2024, 10:23 AM
Went from saying they are not stacked to "they are not all-time great stacked".

Shameless.
Nowhere am I contradicting myself. Do you struggle with the English language? You can't compete for an NBA championship without a high talent level. All-time great talent is a higher level than that, and the Celtics, as a team with 1 All-NBA player and no one in even the top 5 MVP votes. Which Celtics made the top 75 list, if this is one of the most stacked teams of all time? Because there are teams with multiple top 75 players.

Still don't understand my point? Then you're just stupid. Your problem, not mine.

ShawkFactory
06-14-2024, 10:43 AM
I think their "stackedness" is fairly comparable to a team like the Bad Boys, although of course the approach and team construction is different. One guy bordering on elite but not quite up with the true top guys, another great swiss-army knife-type guy, and several role players each capable of being the best or most impactful guy on any given night.

1987_Lakers
06-14-2024, 11:24 AM
Nowhere am I contradicting myself. Do you struggle with the English language? You can't compete for an NBA championship without a high talent level. All-time great talent is a higher level than that, and the Celtics, as a team with 1 All-NBA player and no one in even the top 5 MVP votes. Which Celtics made the top 75 list, if this is one of the most stacked teams of all time? Because there are teams with multiple top 75 players.

Still don't understand my point? Then you're just stupid. Your problem, not mine.

Are you really using this as a point? Their two best players are still in their 20's and you are taking away points for them not making a top 75 list that came out 3 years ago? When Tatum was 23 and Brown was 24 years old?

:roll:

You are dumber than I thought.

1987_Lakers
06-14-2024, 11:26 AM
I think their "stackedness" is fairly comparable to a team like the Bad Boys, although of course the approach and team construction is different. One guy bordering on elite but not quite up with the true top guys, another great swiss-army knife-type guy, and several role players each capable of being the best or most impactful guy on any given night.

The Bad Boy Pistons are the exact team I used to compare these Celtics.

Real Men Wear Green
06-14-2024, 11:29 AM
Are you really using this as a point? Their two best players are still in their 20's and you are taking away points for them not making a top 75 list that came out 3 years ago?

:roll:

You are dumber than I thought.
Which of them should be on the list then? Which of them was top 5 in the MVP voting? Who was the second AllNBA player this year? Was there a third allstar?

FKAri
06-14-2024, 11:35 AM

Their synergy is more key than their total individual talent. Their synergy allows them to do 5 out. No one is a liability on either end which helps everyone else.

1987_Lakers
06-14-2024, 11:36 AM
Which of them should be on the list then? Which of them was top 5 in the MVP voting? Who was the second AllNBA player this year? Was there a third allstar?

Porzingis, White, & Holiday are basically borderline All-stars. Like I said in the other thread, White got a lot of all-star hype this year, both Porzingis and Holiday were past All-Stars who are still in their prime.

And your "who was second all-nba?" statement is another lazy argument.

The '86 Celtics only had 1 All-NBA player
The '87 Lakers only had 1 All-NBA player

Seriously, you continue to make yourself look like a fool.

And I'm still laughing at the horrendous "Who made top 75?" statement. :roll:

Real Men Wear Green
06-14-2024, 11:54 AM
So, no third allstar, only one AllNBA player, no one you are putting as one of the top 75. We're done.

1987_Lakers
06-14-2024, 11:59 AM
So, no third allstar, only one AllNBA player, no one you are putting as one of the top 75. We're done.

You admitted yourself that you didn't agree with them only having one.

We're done.

Axe
06-17-2024, 11:27 PM
Op is such a moron.

Wardell Curry
06-17-2024, 11:29 PM
To be fair to OP they had an entire starting lineup of All-Star caliber players + a former All-Star caliber player in Horford.

This is not a normal team throughout NBA history and I certainly doubt he figured they would be 5 All-Star worthy players deep when he made the thread. Who would? How many teams in NBA history have been?

I understand only two made the team, but come on, the level of play of the other 3 is certainly there or very close, which is extremely abnormal throughout league history.

CelticBaller
06-17-2024, 11:43 PM
op is a dumbass

NBAGOAT
06-17-2024, 11:46 PM
Stevens wasnt confident either why he got porzingis and jrue. A lot of gms would’ve seen how close they were in 2022 and stood pat banking on internal improvement. Tatum and brown also improved and add on some fortunate matchups injury luck they didn’t even need porzingis but I like the moves

Neal Romer
06-17-2024, 11:47 PM
To be fair to OP they had an entire starting lineup of All-Star caliber players + a former All-Star caliber player in Horford.

This is not a normal team throughout NBA history and I certainly doubt he figured they would be 5 All-Star worthy players deep when he made the thread. Who would? How many teams in NBA history have been?

I understand only two made the team, but come on, the level of play of the other 3 is certainly there or very close, which is extremely abnormal throughout league history.

Yup.

Brown and Tatum are GOOD players. All star caliber players, particularly as it pertains to the regular season. In the playoffs, they have GOOD moments.

But the fact the Boston Celtics won doesnt MAKE these guys top 5, top 10 type players. They're on a team where Al Horford is the SIXTH best player... and Horford's still really good. It's a great roster. Theyre part of what makes it great but they have more support than really any other star pairing I can think of ever.

If you swap Tatum and Brown with Irving and Doncic... Boston still wins, Dallas probably does not make it out of the second round.

You can be happy for these two, congratulate them, sing their praises for what they did well. You dont have to overrate them JUST because their team won the title this year.

Manny98
06-18-2024, 01:11 AM
OP is right, Holiday & White were the real MVPs for Boston all season and in the finals

Real Men Wear Green
06-18-2024, 01:19 AM
Team would not have won shit without Oshae Brissett.