PDA

View Full Version : Let me ask you an uninteresting question that’s never been asked.

Kblaze8855
02-28-2021, 01:21 PM
In 2021 would you rather have Mehmet Okur in his prime:

https://youtu.be/J8lwBL_m1sg

or

Kenyon Martin in his?

https://youtu.be/YI3C5_lCFdE

Xiao Yao You
02-28-2021, 01:25 PM
Probably Martin. He may have been able to stretch out to 3 if he had to and was the better defender. Okur would get exposed defensively. A backup today at best. Martin too if he couldn't shoot the 3 which he hit at 37% one year though on not very many attempts

Kblaze8855
02-28-2021, 01:35 PM
You know when Okur was still a piston some of the early analytics types came on ISH to explain he was better than Ben Wallace because he was miles better on offense and only a slightly worse defender based on whatever stupid numbers were being used?

Real Men Wear Green
02-28-2021, 01:43 PM
Okur is better for modern offense but I figure defensive versatility gives Martin an edge as well. And he would still be a good finisher.

HBK_Kliq_2
02-28-2021, 01:46 PM
Okur I always viewed as Brad Miller with more shooting range and less passing ability.

Kenyon Martin i think was the more balanced overall player before he had like 20 different surgeries.

I will go with Kenyon because his defense. Okur's game fits today's style better though.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-28-2021, 01:50 PM
Okur because of his shooting, a skill that is primo today.

Okur I always viewed as Brad Miller with more shooting range and less passing ability.

Kenyon Martin i think was the more balanced overall player before he had like 20 different surgeries.

I will go with Kenyon because his defense. Okur's game fits today's style better though.

What is this? You made a post without mentioning Kawhi Leonard.

Get your shit together.

Proctor
02-28-2021, 02:05 PM
We need a Brad Miller thread.

I might be remembering wrong but I feel like he had some monster games late in his career, back when they weren't an average day for Jokic. 30/18 shit.

HBK_Kliq_2
02-28-2021, 02:16 PM
Okur because of his shooting, a skill that is primo today.

What is this? You made a post without mentioning Kawhi Leonard.

Get your shit together.

I analyze the game. No favoritism. You may think i'm wrong but it's my opinion at the end of the day.

Gohan
02-28-2021, 07:57 PM
Ask yourself this; who would be a better fit with iverson? okur or Martin? If your answer was Martin than you have the right answer. He would be an upgrade of the version of Webber iverson played with

Reggie43
02-28-2021, 09:36 PM
Really hated Kmart back then but he would have been better due to the aforementioned defensive versatility. On offense he was a great athlete very well suited for todays pace and space style of play. A modern day Kenyon probably gets 20ppg 10rebounds with a couple of blocks and steals and a few dpoy nominations or even win it. All of this is assuming he stays injury free.

Nike D'Antoni
02-28-2021, 09:43 PM
Kenyon Maartin.

In this soft era probably Okur. Europeans suck defensively

Thenameless
02-28-2021, 09:49 PM
I'll take the Turkish Tre.

dankok8
03-01-2021, 03:19 PM
I today's league I'd almost always take offensive stars over defensive ones. Okur was a pretty great stretch big.

Kenyon was a very good player especially defensively but injuries cut his career short. He's a more athletic and much less offensive polished Montrezl Harrell but with really good defense.