PDA

View Full Version : LaMelo

LoneyROY7
03-01-2021, 01:43 AM
Boi is playing some ball. 24 and 12 efficiently in a comeback win vs. Sacramento.

Lavar got one of them tadpoles to hit right.

Kblaze8855
03-01-2021, 09:48 AM
I’m still waiting for some of the “And don’t say it’s only been ____ games. You all said that about his brother and he’s still garbage” posters to admit they jumped the gun like always.

We should barely even have opinions on guys 2 weeks in and we have people here ready to call borderline children busts that fast.

Wally450
03-01-2021, 09:55 AM
I remember when he played his first game and only made 1 or 2 FGs and people were calling him a bust. :facepalm

Marchesk
03-01-2021, 12:01 PM
He's nice for a rookie and isn't a bust. Maybe even rookie of the year. But let's not pretend like 15.3/6/6.3 is some great rookie season.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-01-2021, 12:05 PM
The rookie class has sucked this season. What is it between Haliburton and Lamelo Ball for rookie of the year?

Anthony Edwards has sucked and his only highlight is dunking over Jackie Chan.

LAmbruh
03-01-2021, 12:14 PM
I'm still gunna hate for awhile because it's a MJ pick. I don't like his face or how he looks. His growth spurt happened to quick and gave him those wormy chicken legs that he hasn't grown into. To make it worse he wears mid ankle sock with low support shoes, no one does that. But most importantly his face is just everything wrong.

pandiani17
03-01-2021, 03:12 PM
He's nice for a rookie and isn't a bust. Maybe even rookie of the year. But let's not pretend like 15.3/6/6.3 is some great rookie season.

Come on, I'm not a fan of his, but those numbers are a very good season for a rookie.

pandiani17
03-01-2021, 03:13 PM
I'm still gunna hate for awhile because it's a MJ pick. I don't like his face or how he looks. His growth spurt happened to quick and gave him those wormy chicken legs that he hasn't grown into. To make it worse he wears mid ankle sock with low support shoes, no one does that. But most importantly his face is just everything wrong.

:oldlol:

Gohan
03-01-2021, 03:20 PM
Nikkas still hate on mj? Sh1t is sad that’s how you know you were good

Xiao Yao You
03-01-2021, 03:31 PM

not a fan of Butthead?

DoctorP
03-01-2021, 04:30 PM
MJ actually drafted someone good? no way

LaMelo is shocking me, I wrote him off in the preseason.

coin24
03-01-2021, 04:52 PM

Projecting wonder wheels

LoneyROY7
03-02-2021, 01:46 AM
30/8/6 tonight.

Kid is special.

RoseCity07
03-02-2021, 02:03 AM
His defense is so horrendous that the Blazers literally let him do whatever to keep him out there. Definition of a empty stat game. He was -18 and I watched this kid literally leave his many giving an open corner three. It's just a matter of time before teams start to key in on his bad defense. It's not a good sign when you're having a good game and getting blown out of the water.

Please don't tell me it's a coincidence that the Blazers set a franchise record for threes made. 24. LaMelo -18 out there. The game was literally about find who Melo is guarding and get him a shoot.

RRR3
03-02-2021, 02:04 AM
RoseCity07 just hates on every good player :oldlol:

RoseCity07
03-02-2021, 02:07 AM

He was -18 tonight. I watched almost the entire game. Blazers wanted him shooting and driving. I saw players backing off LeMelo like go ahead and shoot. Once he is fully scouted he's just be another okay player that never makes a difference.

LoneyROY7
03-02-2021, 02:08 AM

Posts reek of insecurity.

FreezingTsmoove
03-02-2021, 02:36 AM
If only Jeff didnt delete all the old threads of half the board calling me a retard for being high on Lamelo 5 years ago

Embers
03-02-2021, 02:45 AM
He was -18 tonight. I watched almost the entire game. Blazers wanted him shooting and driving. I saw players backing off LeMelo like go ahead and shoot. Once he is fully scouted he's just be another okay player that never makes a difference.

This is the "I saw 4 games and I think" analysis. The fact is if you watched him over a longer period you would see he is a good shot blocker and a decent defender. Issue is within his role in the team he is being asked to sit in the paint and collect the rebounds first and foremost as well as pick of passes that are going cross court. He cant shut out the 3 point shooter and collect the rebound at the same time. The thing is, Melo can body up against a bigger player but the current rotation of Biyombo/Zelller at C and Melo in that middle of the paint rebound looking role he is kind of in no mans land defensively. The actual way around this for Charlotte is to get rid of Biyombo/Zeller and go knee deep into a C that has the athleticism and speed to defend outside the paint (so probably PJ Washington) and a PF that can rebound help and hit a 3.

If I was Charlotte id go all in for John Collins from Atlanta. Collins wants out and a side like Charlotte can pay him what he wants as well as give him the role he wants offensively. If Collins joins, Washington can play C and sit outside the paint and simply and let Melo stay in the paint and wait for the rebound which is essentially what Charlotte want to do offensively

Charlotte are looking alright atm. They are just two pieces short of a playoffs team. One being the PF and the other being a energetic C of the bench. Maybe Collins + McGee to replace Zeller/Biyombo is the way forward

RRR3
03-02-2021, 02:47 AM
This is the "I saw 4 games and I think" analysis. The fact is if you watched him over a longer period you would see he is a good shot blocker and a decent defender. Issue is within his role in the team he is being asked to sit in the paint and collect the rebounds first and foremost as well as pick of passes that are going cross court. He cant shut out the 3 point shooter and collect the rebound at the same time. The thing is, Melo can body up against a bigger player but the current rotation of Biyombo/Zelller at C and Melo in that middle of the paint rebound looking role he is kind of in no mans land defensively. The actual way around this for Charlotte is to get rid of Biyombo/Zeller and go knee deep into a C that has the athleticism and speed to defend outside the paint (so probably PJ Washington) and a PF that can rebound help and hit a 3.

If I was Charlotte id go all in for John Collins from Atlanta. Collins wants out and a side like Charlotte can pay him what he wants as well as give him the role he wants offensively. If Collins joins, Washington can play C and sit outside the paint and simply and let Melo stay in the paint and wait for the rebound which is essentially what Charlotte want to do offensively

Charlotte are looking alright atm. They are just two pieces short of a playoffs team. One being the PF and the other being a energetic C of the bench. Maybe Collins + McGee to replace Zeller/Biyombo is the way forward
Lol you can’t play PJ Washington at center against a lot of teams. He’s 6’7 and not super buff. Collins would be the C in that scenario.

Embers
03-02-2021, 02:59 AM
Lol you can’t play PJ Washington at center against a lot of teams. He’s 6’7 and not super buff. Collins would be the C in that scenario.

Would depend on who you play for sure in that regard. They just need a C who can step outside of the paint. Collins or PJ will and could be a great combo for sure in that regard. Offensively good too

FultzNationRISE
03-02-2021, 03:13 AM

When you play in a league where more the 50% of teams make the post season, being “two pieces short of a playoff team” is probably not what most would consider looking alright atm.

Embers
03-02-2021, 03:28 AM
When you play in a league where more the 50% of teams make the post season, being “two pieces short of a playoff team” is probably not what most would consider looking alright atm.

Bit more things to consider then that. They genuinely have a pretty clear path and ability to make any moves they need or want at this stage. They are not drowning in a bad contract for example at the moment. Everyones contract is passable and they have spare space around to target who they need. They can easily make the moves they need to make to get them where they want to go and I suspect they will shortly

FultzNationRISE
03-02-2021, 03:42 AM
Bit more things to consider then that. They genuinely have a pretty clear path and ability to make any moves they need or want at this stage. They are not drowning in a bad contract for example at the moment. Everyones contract is passable and they have spare space around to target who they need. They can easily make the moves they need to make to get them where they want to go and I suspect they will shortly

How many playoff series you got them winning in the next three years?

To me they feel like a team with a 1-9 ceiling at best.

Axe
03-02-2021, 03:49 AM
How many playoff series you got them winning in the next three years?

To me they feel like a team with a 1-9 ceiling at best.
No ?, No chip.

rufuspaul
03-02-2021, 03:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTTwNPB64PA

LoneyROY7
03-14-2021, 04:10 AM
LaMelo will eventually be one of the best players in the game.

Lavar gonna be lighting cigars in a decade.

3ball
03-14-2021, 04:35 AM
MJ actually drafted someone good? no way

So let's crown Jordan the GOAT GM, based on this one pick

Since that's what we do with Lebron - they call him goat for mostly losing everywhere he goes, and over-celebrating his 1 win among the sea of losses that he has at each stop