PDA

View Full Version : LeBron picks his top 3 best players of all time 1. MJ; 2. Dr J; 3. Bird [Throwback]

k0kakw0rld
03-02-2021, 02:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GQzh1-0jx8

He is out of his mind though with Dr J.

Also Bird > Magic this is nothing new.

Airupthere
03-02-2021, 02:20 PM
Dr j at number two? Wouldnt have thought that.

bizil
03-02-2021, 03:36 PM
IF you include Doc's ABA resume, his resume THEN becomes worthy of top 10 GOAT status. Doc's OVERALL RESUME (ABA AND NBA combined) is just as good as Bird's. I think it even has a good case to be better. But from a GOAT status in general, the top 3 perimeter guys (it seems Bron is perimeter player based), it's MJ, Bron, and Magic in my opinion. BUT I just wanted to shout out the Doc mention!

bizil
03-02-2021, 03:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GQzh1-0jx8

He is out of his mind though with Dr J.

Also Bird > Magic this is nothing new.

Peak wise, I can see Bird over Magic. GOAT wise, that goes to Magic though. Magic's overall resume (which defines GOAT status) has the edge on Bird.

Micku
03-02-2021, 03:43 PM
Even LeBron disrespecting Kareem. Hahaha

With Larry Bird, I think the courtship rivals came out around that time? I think anyway. And a bunch of Bird stories was resurfacing. Plus he plays the 3/4 position. Bird was always consider to be the best at that position before LeBron. Dr. J was right behind Bird.

KD also focus a lot on Larry Bird's game around this time too. But he mostly wanted to do the 50/40/90 like him.

Regardless, Kareem man!! Kareem was amazing.

Gudo
03-02-2021, 04:08 PM
Even LeBron disrespecting Kareem. Hahaha

With Larry Bird, I think the courtship rivals came out around that time? I think anyway. And a bunch of Bird stories was resurfacing. Plus he plays the 3/4 position. Bird was always consider to be the best at that position before LeBron. Dr. J was right behind Bird.

KD also focus a lot on Larry Bird's game around this time too. But he mostly wanted to do the 50/40/90 like him.

Regardless, Kareem man!! Kareem was amazing.

Kareem has to be mentioned by anyone. He probably got caught off guard and the pressure of answering such a question. His list might be more of his favorite players.

SouBeachTalents
03-02-2021, 04:15 PM
He took mad long to come up with someone after Jordan, Dr. J & Bird were probably just the next 2 names that came to mind

pandiani17
03-02-2021, 04:23 PM
Kareem has to be mentioned by anyone. He probably got caught off guard and the pressure of answering such a question. His list might be more of his favorite players.

This. I saw the interview at the time and it seems like he is listing his favorite players, aside from having MJ as the GOAT.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-02-2021, 04:49 PM
Usually the better player you are, the dumber you are at evaluating talent.

Jordan is an idiot as a general manager/president. I'm sure LeBron would be as well.

The best gms/coaches and evaluating talent are role player white guys like Phil Jackson or Steve Kerr. Fat shit Jerry Krause drafted Scottie Pippen.

hateraid
03-02-2021, 05:18 PM
Who cares if that's his opinion ? It's subjective. I guess if Dr.J is 2 and that is insulting it should automatically discredit MJ for number 1

Gohan
03-02-2021, 06:05 PM
His second favorite player was iverson doe

2much_knowledge
03-02-2021, 07:18 PM
Michael jordan
Michael jordan
Michael jordan

Excellent choices lebron
Who knew you were that much smarter than your fans