PDA

View Full Version : Rockets say they plan on retiring James Harden’s No. 13 jersey

Nike D'Antoni
03-02-2021, 06:38 PM
BREAKING: The Rockets say they plan on retiring James Harden’s No. 13 jersey.

Do you think it's deserved? He didn't deliver a title or reach a final. But then again the Rockets are not the Lakers.

fourkicks44
03-02-2021, 06:40 PM
I have no objection to it. He deserves it I guess.

But why they need to announce it now?

Seems retarded to me. Wait till he is retired.

A little strange all in all.

Stanley Kobrick
03-02-2021, 06:42 PM
to be fair, they might as well retire KG and Pierce jerseys with their long list of franchise greats

edit. nvm thought the title said nets

SouBeachTalents
03-02-2021, 06:43 PM
You seen some of the players that have had their numbers retired? :lol Why the hell wouldn't they retire Harden's?

Gudo
03-02-2021, 06:47 PM
to be fair, they might as well retire KG and Pierce jerseys with their long list of franchise greats

Lol, I was gonna say :confusedshrug:

Gohan
03-02-2021, 07:04 PM
You seen some of the players that have had their numbers retired? :lol Why the hell wouldn't they retire Harden's?

This, whoever voted no are haters

Smoke117
03-02-2021, 07:45 PM
Considering how he left, I wouldn't retire his jersey if I were the Rockets.

Axe
03-02-2021, 08:12 PM

Makes me wonder if #30 will be retired by the warriors in the future someday

baudkarma
03-02-2021, 08:20 PM
The timing is really weird. The ink is barely dry on the trade papers and they're going to retire his number? I could see it if Harden had brought the Rockets a couple of titles and was loved and respected by their fans, but he didn't and he's not. Maybe there's some other factor involved that we're not privy to.

fourkicks44
03-02-2021, 08:41 PM
The timing is really weird. The ink is barely dry on the trade papers and they're going to retire his number? I could see it if Harden had brought the Rockets a couple of titles and was loved and respected by their fans, but he didn't and he's not. Maybe there's some other factor involved that we're not privy to.

Yeah it looks like they are trying to save face so it looks like they are an attractive destination to free agents.

Pathetic and desperate really.

k0kakw0rld
03-02-2021, 08:45 PM
I said no but I really don't care. There shouldn't be any rewards for choking on the highest stage.

Mr. Woke
03-02-2021, 09:49 PM
Anyone who said no is a bitch made mother****er.

PeroAntic
03-02-2021, 09:57 PM
Why should they retire the number of a guy who won a big fat nothing during his entire tenure, despite hosting a revolving door of superstar help (Howard, CP3, Westbrook)?

Maybe the Wolves should retire Towns' jersey too. I mean he did fill the statsheet right?

Mr. Woke
03-02-2021, 10:01 PM
Why should they retire the number of a guy who won a big fat nothing during his entire tenure, despite hosting a revolving door of superstar help (Howard, CP3, Westbrook)?

Maybe the Wolves should retire Towns' jersey too. I mean he did fill the statsheet right?

By that logic, the Hawks should not have retired Dominique's number, the Blazers should not have retired Drexler's number, etc.

Howard struggled with injuries when he was there and wasn't as great as he was in Orlando. CP3 had injuries and wasn't as great in HOU. Westbrook shit the bed in the playoffs last season.

kawhileonard2
03-02-2021, 11:16 PM
King James.

brownmamba00
03-03-2021, 05:33 AM
Thats pathetic why not retire tmac's jersey then?

nayte
03-03-2021, 07:34 AM
I guess so. He has been one of there better players.a hof for sure

Real Men Wear Green
03-03-2021, 07:36 AM
Didn't like the way he forced his way out but he's still the second greatest player in team history.

nayte
03-03-2021, 07:38 AM
Didn't like the way he forced his way out but he's still the second greatest player in team history.

I don't agree either but they sat on their hands till he called them out and then they got a trade done in minutes. He gave them plenty of notice it's on them

Real Men Wear Green
03-03-2021, 07:42 AM
I don't agree either but they sat on their hands till he called them out and then they got a trade done in minutes. He gave them plenty of notice it's on them

No he's still responsible for his own behavior. It got him what he wanted which is to go to the Nets so it worked but its still his own actions and he's responsible for that.

nayte
03-03-2021, 07:57 AM
No he's still responsible for his own behavior. It got him what he wanted which is to go to the Nets so it worked but its still his own actions and he's responsible for that.

He is and he got what he wanted. He said he wanted to go.they tried to get a team which I get but he didn't want to be there.Houston in their arrogance tried to eff teams over . They should have Simmons right now but they got all butthurt.

Duderonomy
03-03-2021, 10:30 AM
The Rockets were always competitive when they had Harden and his best years were there. I think he deserves it.

rawimpact
03-03-2021, 10:35 AM
He is and he got what he wanted. He said he wanted to go.they tried to get a team which I get but he didn't want to be there.Houston in their arrogance tried to eff teams over . They should have Simmons right now but they got all butthurt.

That's not arrogance, that's business. You try to attain as much as you can for what there is a demand for.

Mr. Woke
03-03-2021, 11:23 AM

Tracy was an inferior player.

SouBeachTalents
03-03-2021, 12:04 PM
Huh? Harden accomplished a lot more than McGrady did and played there longer. Terrible example

tontoz
03-03-2021, 12:22 PM
He won a MVP there and was a contender for it a few times. They made several deep playoff runs and were the only team in the west to put a scare into the GS dynasty. Sure they should retire his jersey.

highwhey
03-03-2021, 12:23 PM
who?

k0kakw0rld
03-03-2021, 02:20 PM
He won a MVP there and was a contender for it a few times. They made several deep playoff runs and were the only team in the west to put a scare into the GS dynasty. Sure they should retire his jersey.
That's not good enough They really have low standards as a franchise.

SouBeachTalents
03-03-2021, 02:44 PM
That's not good enough They really have low standards as a franchise.
You don't know what you're talking about. Look up the players who have had their jerseys retired, they didn't accomplish even close to what Harden did in Houston. The guy was an MVP, won multiple scoring titles and led the Rockets to the playoffs every single year. By your logic the Kings couldn't even retire Oscar Robertson's number

pandiani17
03-03-2021, 03:23 PM
Of course he deserves it. lol at people saying he didn't do enough.

FultzNationRISE
03-03-2021, 03:31 PM
:roll: