PDA

View Full Version : Is there a case to be made for Jokic being the best offensive big man ever?

Manny98
03-03-2021, 06:15 PM
Serious question I can't think of a better center than current Jokic offensively

Shaq was physically dominant inside but he had zero shooting ability and wasn't even in the same dimension as Jokic as a passer

If you can think of a better big man on offense I would love to hear your argument of how they're better than the Joker

TheGoatest
03-03-2021, 06:19 PM
As much of a case as there is to be made for Zion Williamson being the most dominant scorer ever.

tontoz
03-03-2021, 06:24 PM
I love jokic but I still take Shaq. He was a force of nature and his post moves are underrated by people who didn't see him play.

Thenameless
03-03-2021, 06:28 PM
Not while Wilt Chamberlain and Kareem Abdul Jabbar exist. Shaq too.

Manny98
03-03-2021, 06:32 PM

Jokic is on a different dimension to those guys in terms of passing ability and shooting ability

This Nuggets team are historically great whilst Jokic is on the floor. Better than any Shaq or Wilt offense

tontoz
03-03-2021, 06:34 PM

True. I didn't see Wilt and only saw an aging Kareem.

We need to keep things in perspective. Shaq had 10 straight seasons averaging over 26 ppg.

This is the first season that jokic has been an elite scorer.

hateraid
03-03-2021, 06:39 PM
Best offensive is different from most dynamic. Shaq is the most dominant scorer despite position. Guys like Jokic are more dynamic, but not necessarily unstoppable

insight
03-03-2021, 06:47 PM
He is not even the best amongst his contemporaries Embid is better offensively and defensively.

Micku
03-03-2021, 06:57 PM
Jokic is on a different dimension to those guys in terms of passing ability and shooting ability

This Nuggets team are historically great whilst Jokic is on the floor. Better than any Shaq or Wilt offense

Eh, this era is more suited for great offense in the first place. The Mavs were the best offensive team statically last season. Better than GSW 17, better than the Showtime Lakers, and etc. The spacing, the rules, and the freedom that perimeter player has just makes things easier. Just this year alone, there 8 teams that are better offensively than the Warriors of 17, who were tied with the Showtime Lakers. And 18, the Rockets surpass them. Being the best offensive team in history gets broken every year now. So, imo, it doesn't mean really much when every team is breaking records now.

So, I don't even think you should compare it across eras.

With that said, Jokic is amazing skilled offensively. He could do more things than Shaq, but I dunno if he is better than Shaq and Kareem tho. I haven't seen enough of Wilt in his prime. Let the season end, I'll get back at you.

But as of right now, I dunno. They different. Shaq changed the league back then and probably would change the league now. They didn't just triple team Shaq, they put the whole team on him. I can't say for peak Kareem or peak Wilt. I saw Lakers Kareem. More 80s, but I saw some games of him in 77 tho. Although you can see that's his peak possibly. Anyway, I could only imagine Shaq, Kareem, and Wilt playing in this 3pt area with this much spacing and more small ball line ups.

Jokic is amazing tho, not gonn'a lie. He is so skilled. More skilled than Shaq and Kareem at passing for sure. Regardless, it's a pleasure watching him play.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-03-2021, 07:17 PM
Shaq 2000-2002 and Dirk 2006-2007/2011 seasons are up there with Jokic this season. Those are the big three in offensive big men I think.

coastalmarker99
03-03-2021, 07:22 PM
Shaq 2000-2002 and Dirk 2006-2007/2011 seasons are up there with Jokic this season. Those are the big three in offensive big men I think.

Also Wilt-1966 to 1968 where he won 3 straight MVPs plus a title in 1967 while averaging a triple-double for that entire playoff run of 15 games and he also lead the Nba in assists as center in 1968 and he also won a scoring title in 1966 in addition to his rebounding titles that he won in all three years from 1966 to 1968

BigShotBob
03-03-2021, 07:46 PM
No.

Wilt, Kareem, Dirk, Shaq, Hakeem, and even David Robinson can impose their wills offensively better than Jokic can.