PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Lowry "thinks he's leaving" the Toronto Raptors as per report

k0kakw0rld
03-08-2021, 09:15 PM
“Lowry has been telling everybody for a month that he’s getting traded, which is interesting that he’s already like ‘yeah, I’m out of here,'” Russillo said. “So I don’t know if that’s him saying it, I don’t know if that’s some understanding that he has with the front office. I don’t know that part of it but whenever you ask about Lowry, it’s ‘well, he thinks he’s leaving.’ I think they should trade him, by the way.”

VanVleet we are handing you the keys to the franchise. Don't disappoint us I am happy for VanVleet's given and taking the opportunity to shine.

Now Lowry it took a long time to really appreciate Lowry. We thank you for everything and you are forever a Raptor. :cry::(

highwhey
03-08-2021, 09:17 PM
if the clipps can make the money work...i don't even know if it would work but they could use some leadership.

RRR3
03-08-2021, 09:30 PM
if the clipps can make the money work...i don't even know if it would work but they could use some leadership.
Iirc Lowry was the Raptor closest to Kawhi so it would make sense.

BurningHammer
03-08-2021, 09:31 PM
Lowry #7 will be on the rafter first for sure.

The problem is now if Raptors can get the most value off Lowry for late playoff push.

Smoke117
03-08-2021, 09:44 PM
Clippers would be a good place for Lowry. They don't really have anything to trade, though.

k0kakw0rld
03-08-2021, 09:49 PM
Clippers would be a good place for Lowry. They don't really have anything to trade, though.

Lou is going to retire because he will be included in the package lol

Axe
03-08-2021, 10:00 PM
Lowry reuniting with kawhi and ibaka

HBK_Kliq_2
03-08-2021, 10:41 PM
I heard Lawrence Frank is aggressively pursuing Lowry. Raptors need a center, I would be happy to trade Zubac for Lowry in a 3 team deal. You get Lowry out of the East and you get a young starting center. Makes sense for both teams. Ballmer will just have to pay luxury tax and resign Lowry as well.

fourkicks44
03-08-2021, 10:59 PM
Lowry wants to play for Philadelphia.

The issue is the Clippers can put together a deal more team friendly to their own future and current championship aspirations.

The Sixers have superior young talent to the Clippers.

Morey will have to give up too much to acquire him but If he thinks he is gonna get a ring he may put all the chips on the table.

NBAGOAT
03-08-2021, 11:02 PM
I heard Lawrence Frank is aggressively pursuing Lowry. Raptors need a center, I would be happy to trade Zubac for Lowry in a 3 team deal. You get Lowry out of the East and you get a young starting center. Makes sense for both teams. Ballmer will just have to pay luxury tax and resign Lowry as well.

zubac is the only thing of value for toronto. clips dont have a pick and the other salaries are some combo of bev, lou, kennard, morris. None have any value for toronto. maybe cleveland would take them and toronto gets drummond idk. Mann Kabengele arent great prospects.

If Philly wants lowry they are easily the favorites for him imo and have maxey, thybulle and picks to offer. Ofc both teams become top 3 contenders with la and bkn. clips might be the favorites, they really are good with star power and depth besides backup center but buyout market would take care of that

Chick Stern
03-08-2021, 11:24 PM
He’s old and makes 33 million. No thanks.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-09-2021, 12:13 AM
zubac is the only thing of value for toronto. clips dont have a pick and the other salaries are some combo of bev, lou, kennard, morris. None have any value for toronto. maybe cleveland would take them and toronto gets drummond idk. Mann Kabengele arent great prospects.

If Philly wants lowry they are easily the favorites for him imo and have maxey, thybulle and picks to offer. Ofc both teams become top 3 contenders with la and bkn. clips might be the favorites, they really are good with star power and depth besides backup center but buyout market would take care of that

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

Espn's trade machine says the trade of Beverly, Lou Williams, Zubac, Kabangele for Kyle Lowry is successful.

After that, you resign Lowry in the offseason. Ballmer's rich ass isn't going to be crying if he wins a ring, pay luxury tax.

NBAGOAT
03-09-2021, 12:41 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

Espn's trade machine says the trade of Beverly, Lou Williams, Zubac, Kabangele for Kyle Lowry is successful.

After that, you resign Lowry in the offseason. Ballmer's rich ass isn't going to be crying if he wins a ring, pay luxury tax.

La does that in a heartbeat but why would Toronto do that when phi could give a much better offer lol. I’ll even throw in Denver and Boston

HBK_Kliq_2
03-09-2021, 01:23 AM
La does that in a heartbeat but why would Toronto do that when phi could give a much better offer lol. I’ll even throw in Denver and Boston

If you're still a playoff team, you want to send a player out of your conference. So you can eliminate Celtics\76ers.

I don't see how Denver could offer much better. Lowry doesn't have that much value, he's just a decent expiring contract.

NBAGOAT
03-09-2021, 07:25 AM
If you're still a playoff team, you want to send a player out of your conference. So you can eliminate Celtics\76ers.

I don't see how Denver could offer much better. Lowry doesn't have that much value, he's just a decent expiring contract.

They have a bunch of young prospects like Hampton nnaji bol bol that have some upside but will never get playing time on Denver. I was still throwing that out as a sleeper but main point is clips Cant come close to a sixers offer

TheGoatest
03-09-2021, 08:47 AM

Lowry on the Sixers would actually make a very exciting ECF against the stacked Nets, as long as they don't get further stacked by getting Drummond as well.
I just don't know who would be running the point for the Sixers if Lowry and Simmons are on the same team.

Manny98
03-09-2021, 08:56 AM
Spurs to reunite with DeRozan?

Real Men Wear Green
03-09-2021, 09:13 AM
Having him in Green would be cool but the Cs would be nuts to deal for him when they already have Walker Smart and Pritchard. Can't see any point for Toronto in a Walker trade and it wouldn't do the Cs a lot of good either although Lowry's better health does make him more valuable.

Real Men Wear Green
03-09-2021, 09:15 AM

If the trade Lowry they don't care about making the playoffs and are most likely getting ready to tank and rebuild. So they don't care if they make Philly better.

k0kakw0rld
03-09-2021, 10:56 AM
Spurs to reunite with DeRozan?
I won't say no to Dejounte Murray and Aldridge

GOBB
03-09-2021, 12:52 PM

The issue is the Clippers can put together a deal more team friendly to their own future and current championship aspirations.

The Sixers have superior young talent to the Clippers.

Morey will have to give up too much to acquire him but If he thinks he is gonna get a ring he may put all the chips on the table.

I think he’s going to be too costly for a rental player. Add him and Pj Tucker to upgrade Mike Scott. If they could somehow add George Hill. Sixers would have a legitimate chance to win the NBA title.

red1
03-09-2021, 01:20 PM
I think he's getting traded come deadline.

we need to rebuild - better for the franchise to get some assets instead of letting him walk to another team this summer and getting nothing back like kawhi

he deserves another shot at a ring on a contender while he's still in his prime. he turns 35 this month but he still has a lot in the tank and is ready to win now - so he's going to end up on the contender with the most assets

lowry is a local legend forever - they tried to call you a trash bro and you took some Ls - bounced back and now you're a champion

they cant say shit - "asterisk ring weakest champion of all time injured warriors" - no one cares even if there's truth :) :oldlol:

https://i.redd.it/n8991meke3751.jpg
https://images.dailyhive.com/20190719152635/lowry-trophy.jpg

n00bie
03-09-2021, 05:43 PM
I hated Lowry when he was playing along side DeRozan.. but after DeRozan left I learned to respect his hustle.

Dude is unathletic and fat but his hustle and determination to win is insane.

I hope he gets traded to a championship team. He deserves it.

red1
03-09-2021, 06:04 PM
I hated Lowry when he was playing along side DeRozan.. but after DeRozan left I learned to respect his hustle.

Dude is unathletic and fat but his hustle and determination to win is insane.

I hope he gets traded to a championship team. He deserves it.

agreed bro. will to win is real.

he's a true champion in my eyes.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-09-2021, 06:40 PM
If the trade Lowry they don't care about making the playoffs and are most likely getting ready to tank and rebuild. So they don't care if they make Philly better.

Raptors are 11-18 this season when Lowry plays, they are much better without him. This top player on a team thing doesn't work for Lowry, he needs to go back to being Kawhi's sidekick and he'll win rings again.

Real Men Wear Green
03-09-2021, 06:46 PM
Raptors are 11-18 this season when Lowry plays, they are much better without him. This top player on a team thing doesn't work for Lowry, he needs to go back to being Kawhi's sidekick and he'll win rings again.

I feel obligated to warn you that you have a mental illness.

fourkicks44
03-09-2021, 11:37 PM
Blue Coats are beating the Raptors 905 in the G League Semi Final right now.

Masai be watching this one close.

Does Danny Green/Mike Scott/ 'BBall' Paul Reed / Isaiah Joe + 1st get the deal done?

I assume Raps ask for more but I think this deal gets done tbh.

NBAGOAT
03-10-2021, 01:00 AM
Having him in Green would be cool but the Cs would be nuts to deal for him when they already have Walker Smart and Pritchard. Can't see any point for Toronto in a Walker trade and it wouldn't do the Cs a lot of good either although Lowry's better health does make him more valuable.

Yea kemba would be moved a 3rd team. Pelicans might have some interest if they can get off Bledsoe and add some value for Toronto

GOBB
03-11-2021, 09:19 AM
Blue Coats are beating the Raptors 905 in the G League Semi Final right now.

Masai be watching this one close.

Does Danny Green/Mike Scott/ 'BBall' Paul Reed / Isaiah Joe + 1st get the deal done?

I assume Raps ask for more but I think this deal gets done tbh.

No chance. Gotta trade Shake or Maxey.

Will Barton, PJ Tucker, George Hill wouldn’t be bad additions. On paper upgrades over Danny Green, Mike Scott and adding a vet ball handler. On paper should help. I wouldn’t be mad if sixers walked away from the deadline with these 3.

fourkicks44
03-11-2021, 04:23 PM
No chance. Gotta trade Shake or Maxey.

Will Barton, PJ Tucker, George Hill wouldn’t be bad additions. On paper upgrades over Danny Green, Mike Scott and adding a vet ball handler. On paper should help. I wouldn’t be mad if sixers walked away from the deadline with these 3.

In all probability you are right, I guess it mostly depends on what other teams are offering for Lowry.

I to would be happy if the Sixers walked away from the deadline with those 3 players. Realistically, probably a safer option than selling the farm for Lowry. Although Matisse would have to step up big time and smarten up quick to compensate for the loss of Danny Green.

GOBB
03-11-2021, 10:22 PM
In all probability you are right, I guess it mostly depends on what other teams are offering for Lowry.

I to would be happy if the Sixers walked away from the deadline with those 3 players. Realistically, probably a safer option than selling the farm for Lowry. Although Matisse would have to step up big time and smarten up quick to compensate for the loss of Danny Green.

Thybulle confidence is shot to me as far a shooting. Sucks he hasn’t carved out a 3 and D role in the NBA this far. He’s a good defender. If even settle for Danny Green like shooting from him. Just something. Guy will go whole games with 2-3 shots. Granted tonight he has been hitting lol

Delon Wright has been another name floating around. From Detroit. Any thoughts on what you think Sixers do? I’m not expecting a big splash more but upgrading Danny Green and bench would be a good start heading into playoffs.

fourkicks44
03-12-2021, 08:59 AM
Thybulle confidence is shot to me as far a shooting. Sucks he hasn’t carved out a 3 and D role in the NBA this far. He’s a good defender. If even settle for Danny Green like shooting from him. Just something. Guy will go whole games with 2-3 shots. Granted tonight he has been hitting lol

Delon Wright has been another name floating around. From Detroit. Any thoughts on what you think Sixers do? I’m not expecting a big splash more but upgrading Danny Green and bench would be a good start heading into playoffs.
Virtually 2 years into Thybulle's career and he hasn't has a real offseason yet. He needs a good, long summer of working on his shooting.

I don't know if the will get an upgrade on Danny Green this season. Which is why they need Thybulle to step up for the playoffs.

Barton would be a good pick up. He is a better offensive player and he is willing to throw up threes whenever he has half an opportunity, something the Sixers really need. He isn't the defender Green is tho.

I think Lowry is probably too costly. I think I also prefer George Hill over Delon Wright. Anything is possible tho with Morey in charge, he can get shit done.