PDA

View Full Version : Most disliked Superstar on Insidehoops March 2021 edition:

hiphopanonymous
03-09-2021, 04:40 PM
Vote for the players you just can't seem to like :cheers: discuss below

RRR3
03-09-2021, 04:48 PM
Anonymous voting makes this thread pointless. We’re really stretching the definition of superstar if Booker qualifies.

hiphopanonymous
03-09-2021, 04:49 PM
Anonymous voting makes this thread pointless.
No pressure for backlash so hopefully we get more votes, many people won't vote unless it's anonymous

hiphopanonymous
03-09-2021, 04:51 PM
Anonymous voting makes this thread pointless. We’re really stretching the definition of superstar if Booker qualifies.

Dude scored 70

- also F that guy, never liked him ever since I saw a scrimmage where he wined about someone playing defense on him

bison
03-09-2021, 05:05 PM
You left out Rudy Tootie who seems to be this months random target for the no lifes on this forum

Airupthere
03-09-2021, 05:08 PM
No Tatum? Regardless my vote is consistent within that list.

Xiao Yao You
03-09-2021, 05:09 PM
You left out Rudy Tootie who seems to be this months random target for the no lifes on this forum

dude's a stiff

hiphopanonymous
03-09-2021, 05:18 PM
Rudy is so forgettable I forgot him. Catching lobs and doing putbacks isn't superstar offense

hiphopanonymous
03-09-2021, 05:45 PM
Currently LeBron and Curry tied as most hated - with Harden nipping at their heels. Let's see some more votes people!

fourkicks44
03-09-2021, 05:53 PM
Generally I don't have problem with any of them. I appreciate their games and enjoy watching them play.

I dislike the fact AD gets underserving awards and his defense is overrated, but I actually like his game and he seems like a good guy.

Paul George and Kyrie seem like the biggest Jerks tho.

Marchesk
03-09-2021, 06:21 PM
No Zion?

Mauzah
03-09-2021, 08:41 PM
You should have included Klay Thompson as a curveball

Airupthere
03-09-2021, 11:18 PM
Shheeeiittt

Axe
03-09-2021, 11:23 PM
Ofc our dearest king kong is the only answer here

Gohan
03-10-2021, 06:48 AM
They say lebron but harden was by far when he was on the rockets

Jasper
03-10-2021, 11:14 AM
can't believe weak 4th Quak Leonard limping to 100% did not occur ... can't imagine anyone actually liking this no talk persona guy

DoctorP
03-10-2021, 11:25 AM
I don't dislike any of these guys.

I will rag on em though.

k0kakw0rld
03-10-2021, 12:49 PM
I don't know them personally to know them. If I had to pick one guy that, after looking at his antics, tells me I would never bring him in my circle of friends, is Kevin Durant.

k0kakw0rld
03-10-2021, 12:51 PM
No pressure for backlash so hopefully we get more votes, many people won't vote unless it's anonymous

No one cares about being anonymous in a basketball forum.

k0kakw0rld
03-10-2021, 12:51 PM
can't believe weak 4th Quak Leonard limping to 100% did not occur ... can't imagine anyone actually liking this no talk persona guy

He is a winner. 2x FMVPs 2 Rings, 2 DPOYs

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-10-2021, 01:12 PM
Why is Curry disliked?

Super skilled, GOAT shooter and seems like a pretty level headed guy. Weird pick

hiphopanonymous
03-10-2021, 02:03 PM
Why is Curry disliked?

Super skilled, GOAT shooter and seems like a pretty level headed guy. Weird pick

Cause nobody likes to see a 160lb guy who's built like a muppet dominate their team and do a little dance with his mouthpiece hanging out afterwards. Half the people are convinced he only is as good as he is due to those slack moving screen and banned off-ball (let alone on ball) hand checking rules as well

dbugz
03-10-2021, 02:38 PM
libron :roll:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-10-2021, 03:00 PM
How is Jimmy not on the list when hes better than quite a few of those players?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-10-2021, 03:03 PM
Cause nobody likes to see a 160lb guy who's built like a muppet dominate their team and do a little dance with his mouthpiece hanging out afterwards. Half the people are convinced he only is as good as he is due to those slack moving screen and banned off-ball (let alone on ball) hand checking rules as well

Not liking a player for beating your team is one thing, but disliking them overall? You mentioned his "build" but the ability Curry has to get shots up should be appreciated. Same with the shooting touch and off ball movement.

Showboating is like the norm with these dudes. And Curry dominates under the same rules everyone plays with.

I don't cape for Curry and he definitely isn't my favorite player. But he gets a lot of stupid and unwarranted hate.

Smoke117
03-10-2021, 04:31 PM
Half these guys aren’t even superstars. Booker, really? :oldlol:

k0kakw0rld
03-10-2021, 04:38 PM
Who's hating on Jokic? :facepalm :lol and for what reason?

Boris Pen
03-10-2021, 04:44 PM
Lebron and Kyrie

Manny98
03-10-2021, 05:33 PM

OP said Superstar...

k0kakw0rld
03-10-2021, 06:05 PM
OP said Superstar...

If he wanted to be DeAndre Jordan's replacement you wouldn't say no or would you?

Smoke117
03-10-2021, 06:07 PM
OP said Superstar...

Rudy Gobert has a bigger impact than half the fools on this list.

And Booker isn’t even the best player on his team, OP. You left the guy who is, CP3, off the list. :facepalm

Xiao Yao You
03-10-2021, 06:11 PM
Rudy Gobert has a bigger impact than half the fools on this list.

He doesn't score or put up triple doubles though!

KissMySwag
03-10-2021, 06:16 PM
I wouldn’t say there’s a player in this list I “can’t stand” I could probably nitpick certain qualities I might not enjoy from each of them but they’re all great players and I respect what each of them bring. Maybe I’m looking at “can’t stand” at a higher disrespect than most but none of those guys make that list.

OrlandoMagicGuy
03-11-2021, 01:49 AM
Who's hating on Jokic? :facepalm :lol and for what reason?

-His stats are overrated
-He's a bad defender
-He has zero athleticism
-He's never led a team by himself
-People are propping him up to be a top 3 MVP candidate
-A past his prime Dwight shut him down in the playoffs
-Only thing he does better than Vucevic is passing/playmaking

dankok8
03-11-2021, 02:14 AM
Devin Booker looks very overrated. Every Suns game I watch he plays poorly. Maybe just by chance... but yea he hasn't impressed me at all this season.

Don't really dislike anyone though.

LoneyROY7
03-11-2021, 03:28 AM
-His stats are overrated
-He's a bad defender
-He has zero athleticism

This is what we call hating just to hate.

Jokic has been balling all year.

OrlandoMagicGuy
03-11-2021, 04:02 AM
This is what we call hating just to hate.

Jokic has been balling all year.

Yeah him and Harden got a lot in common and that's not a compliment either.

LoneyROY7
03-11-2021, 04:23 AM
Yeah him and Harden got a lot in common and that's not a compliment either.

Gotta love when someone doubles down on their low IQ.

You really didn't need to reiterate it. We get it.

Xiao Yao You
03-11-2021, 05:37 AM
Devin Booker looks very overrated. Every Suns game I watch he plays poorly. Maybe just by chance... but yea he hasn't impressed me at all this season.

Don't really dislike anyone though.

should have seen him in the bubble!

k0kakw0rld
03-11-2021, 11:37 AM
-His stats are overrated
-He's a bad defender
-He has zero athleticism

Nobody ever led a team by themselves, shut the fk up
Vucevic = 10 seasons = 0 ALL NBA TEAM SELECTION
Jokic = 6 seasons = 2 ALL NBA TEAM SELECTION

Vucevic isn't a great defender as well so why are you barking like a dog?
Orlando Tragic are 13-23 with Vucevic as the lead dog. :oldlol:
Denver Nuggets are 21-15 they will be 4th seed in the East but they are 6th seed in the West right now.

OrlandoMagicGuy
03-11-2021, 11:55 AM
Nobody ever led a team by themselves, shut the fk up
Vucevic = 10 seasons = 0 ALL NBA TEAM SELECTION
Jokic = 6 seasons = 2 ALL NBA TEAM SELECTION

Vucevic isn't a great defender as well so why are you barking like a dog?
Orlando Tragic are 13-23 with Vucevic as the lead dog. :oldlol:
Denver Nuggets are 21-15 they will be 4th seed in the East but they are 6th seed in the West right now.
Hakeem Olajuwon would like a word with you,he led a team full of nothing but role players to a chip in 94

Jamal Murray was carrying him and the Nuggets in the playoffs

You do realize the Magic have key players that are currently out right now with an injury

Vucevic doesn't have as much help as Jokic does and that's pretty obvious,Murray/Porter Jr better options than Gordon/Fultz/Fournier/Ross/Anthony

VOOCH is still a better defender than that sloth

It boggles my mind that a player that isn't even in the top 10 is getting MVP votes

Smoke117
03-11-2021, 04:51 PM
-His stats are overrated
-He's a bad defender
-He has zero athleticism

lol Yeah, it's not like Jokic averages more points on much better efficiency or anything. Idiot.

OrlandoMagicGuy
03-11-2021, 05:01 PM
lol Yeah, it's not like Jokic averages more points on much better efficiency or anything. Idiot.

Stats don't always tell the whole story and like I said before Jokic doesn't even crack the top 10 at least for me.

Smoke117
03-11-2021, 05:08 PM
Stats don't always tell the whole story and like I said before Jokic doesn't even crack the top 10 at least for me.

Then you're a moron. Jokic is dominant as fukk this season. He leads the league in bpm, vorp, per, winshares. He's a beast.

OrlandoMagicGuy
03-11-2021, 05:24 PM
Then you're a moron. Jokic is dominant as fukk this season. He leads the league in bpm, vorp, per, winshares. He's a beast.

I hope you keep this same energy in the playoffs,you guys don't do the same for Harden.

Jokic puts up inflated stats in the regular season but don't mean shit in post season because his numbers aren't game changing.Embiid is the best center in the NBA point blank period.

Smoke117
03-11-2021, 05:27 PM
I hope you keep this same energy in the playoffs,you guys don't do the same for Harden.

Jokic has also been great in the playoffs.

OrlandoMagicGuy
03-11-2021, 05:38 PM
Jokic has also been great in the playoffs.

If being carried by Jamal Murray and getting shut down by Dwight is your idea of great then okay.

Smoke117
03-11-2021, 05:40 PM
If being carried by Jamal Murray and getting shut down by Dwight is your idea of great then okay.

lol shut down? He averaged 22ppg on .616%ts vs the Lakers. That's hardly being shut down. Jokic is clearly a top 5 player in the league and vastly superior to Vucevic. Smarten up, kid.

ShawkFactory
03-11-2021, 05:51 PM

So is your take that Vucevic is better than Jokic??

And either way, your logic is faulty. You claim that Jokic isn't a top 10 player in the league (LULZ) because of the playoffs (he's elevated his game in the playoffs in the past)...and then say that Embiid, Mr. Playoff (LULZ again) is easily the #1 center. Doesn't follow.

OrlandoMagicGuy
03-11-2021, 08:16 PM
lol shut down? He averaged 22ppg on .616%ts vs the Lakers. That's hardly being shut down.Jokic is clearly a top 5 player in the leagueand vastly superior to Vucevic. Smarten up, kid.
I'd take all of these players over him

Durant
Kawhi
AD
Butler
LeBron
Steph
Kyrie
Embiid
Luka
Giannis
Booker
Dame

So is your take that Vucevic is better than Jokic??

And either way, your logic is faulty. You claim that Jokic isn't a top 10 player in the league (LULZ) because of the playoffs (he's elevated his game in the playoffs in the past)...and then say that Embiid, Mr. Playoff (LULZ again) is easily the #1 center. Doesn't follow.

At best they're on par with each other,Vucevic is the better defender and rebounder.You can literally name 10 players than Jokic it's not even hard.He also isn't better than a prime Dwight or Cousins.So that tells you his stats don't mean jack shit.He's an over glorified role player whose a perfect representation of today's soft bigs.

Smoke117
03-11-2021, 08:22 PM

Durant
Kawhi
AD
Butler
LeBron
Steph
Kyrie
Embiid
Luka
Giannis
Booker
Dame

At best they're on par with each other,Vucevic is the better defender and rebounder.You can literally name 10 players than Jokic it's not even hard.He also isn't better than a prime Dwight or Cousins.So that tells you his stats don't mean jack shit.He's an over glorified role player whose a perfect representation of today's soft bigs.

Good thing you’re not a gm then. You have to be insane to take someone like Devin Booker over Jokic. :facepalm And so I assume you think Booker is better than Chris Paul? That's another joke. Paul is clearly the most impactful player on the Suns.

RRR3
03-11-2021, 08:23 PM
Booker over Jokic :roll: :roll: :roll:

Permaban worthy

OrlandoMagicGuy
03-11-2021, 08:34 PM
Good thing you’re not a gm then. You have to be insane to take someone like Devin Booker over Jokic. :facepalm And so I assume you think Booker is better than Chris Paul? That's another joke. Paul is clearly the most impactful player on the Suns.

Jokic still hasn't proven shit,Booker is better than CP3.Did you not watch him in the bubble?

Smoke117
03-11-2021, 08:39 PM
Jokic still hasn't proven shit,Booker is better than CP3.Did you not watch him in the bubble?

lol You have an awful BBIQ.

Xiao Yao You
03-11-2021, 08:40 PM

the bubble! :roll:

OrlandoMagicGuy
03-11-2021, 09:05 PM
lol You have an awful BBIQ.

The guy that said he'd take a role player over legitimate top 10 players is accusing me of having low iq.

Smoke117
03-11-2021, 09:16 PM
The guy that said he'd take a role player over legitimate top 10 players is accusing me of having low iq.

lol You're calling a guy who averages 27ppg and 8 and half assist a role player...and then you think Devin Booker is a top 10 player in the league...yeah your bbiq is piss poor. Booker doesn't even have a 3rd of the impact of Jokic. And again...he's not even the best player on the Suns anyway, Chris Paul clearly is. I don't even know what's more insane...that you think Jokic isn't top 10 or that you believe Booker is. Both takes are equally horrible.

Also you keep bringing up defense like Vucevic is anything noteworthy in that regard. He's not a better defensive player than Jokic at all.

ShawkFactory
03-11-2021, 09:21 PM

Durant
Kawhi
AD
Butler
LeBron
Steph
Kyrie
Embiid
Luka
Giannis
Booker
Dame

So your take is that Nikola Jokic and Nikola Vucevic are about equal as players?

Well shit since all reason is off the table I might as well argue that Trae Young is as good as Steph.

Smoke117
03-11-2021, 09:32 PM
So your take is that Nikola Jokic and Nikola Vucevic are about equal as players?

Well shit since all reason is off the table I might as well argue that Trae Young is as good as Steph.

Trae is a lot closer to Steph than Vucevic is to Jokic.

OrlandoMagicGuy
03-11-2021, 10:06 PM

Both chuck a lot of 3s but the difference is Steph is actually making them more often than not.Trae is still trying to figure out who he truly is,a scoring PG or a traditional pg.

ShawkFactory
03-11-2021, 10:30 PM
Both chuck a lot of 3s but the difference is Steph is actually making them more often than not.Trae is still trying to figure out who he truly is,a scoring PG or a traditional pg.

Correct. Steph is better than Trae. Get it now?

OrlandoMagicGuy
03-11-2021, 10:39 PM
Correct. Steph is better than Trae. Get it now?

Get what?This still doesn't change my opinion on Slowkic

Smoke117
03-11-2021, 10:49 PM
Get what?This still doesn't change my opinion on Slowkic

lol So slow he's doing whatever he wants out there. Larry Bird was considered slow, too, you know, and he made an absolute fool out of defenders just like Jokic does. You should just delete this account and start a new one. There is no coming back from claiming Devin Booker is a top 10 player and better than Jokic. That's the definition of going full retard.

OrlandoMagicGuy
03-11-2021, 10:51 PM
lol So slow he's doing whatever he wants out there. Larry Bird was considered slow, too, you know, and he made an absolute fool out of defenders just like Jokic does.

Slowkic doesn't even touch Bird you're comparing a role player to the GOAT SF.

Smoke117
03-11-2021, 11:00 PM

Again, Jokic averages 27ppg 8.5apg...leads the league in bpm, per, vorp, winshares...but, yeah, he's just a role player. At this point to call you an imbecile is an insult to imbeciles. You are far lower on the totem pole. You are a retarded sewer rat.

ShawkFactory
03-11-2021, 11:00 PM

I know you're trolling now but lets try to at least make sense with it...

It's a little counterintuitive to call someone a role player who is by far the best player an a team.

The difference between Jokic and Murray is greater than the difference between Bird and McHale.

OrlandoMagicGuy
03-11-2021, 11:06 PM
Again, Jokic averages 27ppg 8.5apg...leads the league in bpm, per, vorp, winshares...but, yeah, he's just a role player. At this point to call you an imbecile is an insult to imbeciles. You are far lower on the totem pole. You are a retarded sewer rat.

The stat nerd carries a giant calculator everywhere he goes.

Smoke117
03-11-2021, 11:09 PM
The stat nerd carries a giant calculator everywhere he goes.

The irony of this statement. You ever even watched any Sun games this season? Anyone who has clearly knows Chris Paul is by far the best player on the team. You're the one looking at Booker's ppg and saying he's better than Chris Paul when that clearly isn't true by anyone who has actually watched the Suns and knows anything about basketball. Dipshit.

OrlandoMagicGuy
03-11-2021, 11:23 PM
The irony of this statement. You ever even watched any Sun games this season? Anyone who has clearly knows Chris Paul is by far the best player on the team. You're the one looking at Booker's ppg and saying he's better than Chris Paul when that clearly isn't true by anyone who has actually watched the Suns and knows anything about basketball. Dipshit.

PPG is what you were spewing at me about how Slowkic is better than Vucevic and is a top 5 player.Put the calculator down for once.

RRR3
03-11-2021, 11:45 PM
I know you're trolling now but lets try to at least make sense with it...

It's a little counterintuitive to call someone a role player who is by far the best player an a team.

The difference between Jokic and Murray is greater than the difference between Bird and McHale.
Agreed. But Murray is closing that gap. He’ll almost certainly never reach Jokic’s level but he’s probably gonna score 25 PPG as soon as next year. He’s around 22 rn on good efficiency and he’s still like 23

Smoke117
03-11-2021, 11:55 PM
Agreed. But Murray is closing that gap. He’ll almost certainly never reach Jokic’s level but he’s probably gonna score 25 PPG as soon as next year. He’s around 22 rn on good efficiency and he’s still like 23

Murray isn’t even close to Jokics impact and that’s not gonna change any time soon.

RRR3
03-11-2021, 11:58 PM
Murray isn’t even close to Jokics impact and that’s not gonna change any time soon.
Was McHale close to Bird? Because that was the comparison. Iirc Murray’s impact stats are really good this year. At least his RPM was last I checked.

Smoke117
03-12-2021, 12:03 AM
Was McHale close to Bird? Because that was the comparison. Iirc Murray’s impact stats are really good this year. At least his RPM was last I checked.

Yes, he actually was for a few years. Peak Mchale was dominant as hell.

bullettooth
03-12-2021, 12:04 AM
LOL @ LeBron with 60% of all the votes. Ouch.

Xiao Yao You
03-12-2021, 12:09 AM
Yes, he actually was for a few years. Peak Mchale was dominant as hell.

McHale was a great defensive player too. One of the best low post scorers ever.

kawhileonard2
03-12-2021, 01:24 AM
No one likes a guy who thinks they are the best but constantly goes from team to team joining stars.

Mr. Woke
03-12-2021, 02:12 AM
I do not dislike anyone on that list.

My favorite guys on that list are the following: LeBron, Kevin, Kawhi, Anthony, James, Paul, and Kyrie.

Mavsmalt
03-12-2021, 03:16 AM
My most hated player it has to be an one time all star Zion williamson. No offence to his game it is pretty fun but his athletism has not transmitted to the NBA. Moreover, I would say that his defence is pretty average if not teribble, I am not saying that he is trae young but he has the tools to become a great defender. Finally, I would like to see him shooting the ball more often

omarique$
03-12-2021, 05:29 PM
Lebron James. He is black, good role model, goes to church every Sunday, doesn't have a crime final history. Build a school for black kids in danger from white supremacy, speaks out about problems black people face. Eeucated, young black men white boys are scared off

Manny98
03-12-2021, 05:36 PM
Paul George because he's anarrogant prick who thinks he's way better than he actually is

Embiid because he's an annoying flopping little shit + he plays for a team I hate

Stanley Kobrick
03-12-2021, 06:13 PM
he can't keep getting away with it guy

BarberSchool
03-14-2021, 12:12 PM
I hate Ruffled Westbrick more than anyone on this list.

k0kakw0rld
03-14-2021, 12:23 PM
Trae is my guy but he did not make the All Star this year because most NBA players dislike his style of play.

[just thought I will leave it out there. I am surprised OP did not include him on the list.