PDA

View Full Version : Paul Pierce, Chris Bosh, Ben Wallace headline 2021 Naismith Hall of Fame finalists

k0kakw0rld
03-10-2021, 10:03 AM
Bill Russell will also be amongst the 14 finalists as a coach. :bowdown::applause:

Link (https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/paul-pierce-chris-bosh-headline-14-finalists-for-basketball-hall-of-fames-2021-class/)

Good luck fellas :cheers:

The Hall of Fame will announce its 2021 class on May 16. The class of 2020 has not yet been enshrined due to COVID-19. They will be honored days earlier, from May 13-15. Typically, the Hall of Fame conducts its enshrinement over the summer, but has had to adjust due to the pandemic. The ceremony for the class of 2021 will be held in September.

L.Kizzle
03-10-2021, 10:31 AM
Pierce
Webber - Finally
Wallace
Bosh

Tim Hardaway and Johnson, possibly.

If Michael Cooper makes it, that opens up the role player nominees. I like Cooper but I'd hate to see guys like him, Bruce Bowen, Robert Horry get in over guys like a Kevin Johnson or Chauncey Billups.

Jasper
03-10-2021, 11:08 AM
I am struggling with Webber

jalbert009
03-10-2021, 11:13 AM

While he did make 5 all star appearances he would be a perennial all star if he played in the East like Bosh however he played in the GOAT era of PFs. In the West he always had to compete with Barkley and Malone in first half of his career and then Duncan, KG and Dirk the second half. Plus all the other 2nd tier PFs of his generation too.

pandiani17
03-10-2021, 11:13 AM
It doesn't look like the strongest of classes, does it?

jalbert009
03-10-2021, 11:24 AM
It doesn't look like the strongest of classes, does it?

Agreed. On Paper Bosh had an amazing career. X1 All NBA, x11 All Star and x2 Champ but if u watched the east from 2003-Present you know those All Star selections weren't as hard to accumulate like the West. And he barely lead his Teams to Pos in the weak east as the first option as well

L.Kizzle
03-10-2021, 01:53 PM

Why? Plenty of 5 time All-Stars in the Hall. One being his TNT partner Reggie Miller. Webber has two All-NBA 1st teams (I think. I know at least one) and a great college career though I'm not too sure of it'll even count.

999Guy
03-10-2021, 02:06 PM
The hall of fame being a yearly thing inherently devalues it. Just like NBA championships.

pandiani17
03-10-2021, 02:35 PM
Why? Plenty of 5 time All-Stars in the Hall. One being his TNT partner Reggie Miller. Webber has two All-NBA 1st teams (I think. I know at least one) and a great college career though I'm not too sure of it'll even count.

It should count, because it is the basketball Hall of Fame, not the NBA Hall of Fame.

L.Kizzle
03-10-2021, 02:37 PM
It should count, because it is the basketball Hall of Fame, not the NBA Hall of Fame.
I know that. He has a troubled collegiate career that's why I'm wondering if it's included in the voting process for him.

Xiao Yao You
03-10-2021, 02:46 PM
Pierce
Webber - Finally
Wallace
Bosh

If Michael Cooper makes it, that opens up the role player nominees. I like Cooper but I'd hate to see guys like him, Bruce Bowen, Robert Horry get in over guys like a Kevin Johnson or Chauncey Billups.

already have role players. Vlade Divac

L.Kizzle
03-10-2021, 03:00 PM
already have role players. Vlade Divac
He didn't make it for his NBA career. It helped but that's not why he's in.
Same with Sabonis and others.

k0kakw0rld
03-10-2021, 03:03 PM
Pierce
Webber - Finally
Wallace
Bosh

This.

Right now Lowry has a higher probability of getting in the Hall of Fame then Billups, crazy!!

https://zupimages.net/up/21/10/hax3.jpg (https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=21/10/hax3.jpg)

72-10
03-10-2021, 03:03 PM
sorry about making another thread my dude

Xiao Yao You
03-10-2021, 03:15 PM
He didn't make it for his NBA career. It helped but that's not why he's in.
Same with Sabonis and others.

and Cooper might make it because of his WNBA career. The basketball HOF is a joke

FultzNationRISE
03-10-2021, 03:31 PM
Chris Bosh in the HOF?

The whole thing is meaningless.

72-10
03-10-2021, 03:39 PM
Paul Pierce
Chris Webber
Tim Hardaway
Ben Wallace
Michael Cooper
Chris Bosh

all of these are fine choices

72-10
03-10-2021, 03:40 PM
Paul Pierce
Chris Webber, might have made some mistake in college, but more than made up for it in the pros
Tim Hardaway, could almost get in for his UTEP Two-step alone
Ben Wallace, a modern-day Bill Russell, might be the best at getting his hands on the ball
Michael Cooper, didn't lose his man, if Bobby Jones is in, why not put Coop in
Chris Bosh

jayfan
03-10-2021, 03:44 PM
Too soon for Pierce - not a 1st ballot hofer

Too soon for Bosh - not a 2nd ballot hofer

Gohan
03-10-2021, 03:50 PM
This.

Right now Lowry has a higher probability of getting in the Hall of Fame then Billups, crazy!!

https://zupimages.net/up/21/10/hax3.jpg (https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=21/10/hax3.jpg)

Your point? Bill ups is trashcan

72-10
03-10-2021, 03:52 PM
don't sleep on the fact that Lowry clearly had a greater college career than Billups, and helped lead what looked like might become an all-time great team

L.Kizzle
03-10-2021, 03:54 PM
and Cooper might make it because of his WNBA career. The basketball HOF is a joke
That would mean he'd make it as a coach not a player.

L.Kizzle
03-10-2021, 04:03 PM
Paul Pierce
Chris Webber, might have made some mistake in college, but more than made up for it in the pros
Tim Hardaway, could almost get in for his UTEP Two-step alone
Ben Wallace, a modern-day Bill Russell, might be the best at getting his hands on the ball
Michael Cooper, didn't lose his man, if Bobby Jones is in, why not put Coop in
Chris Bosh
Jones has 5 All-Star games under his belt tho.

k0kakw0rld
03-10-2021, 04:07 PM
Your point? Bill ups is trashcan

That's my point

Finals MVP
Chauncey Billups 1
Kyle Lowry 0

All-NBA Teams
(Total Selections)
Chauncey Billups 3
Kyle Lowry 1

All-Defensive Teams
(Total Selections)
Chauncey Billups 2
Kyle Lowry 0

I think it's safe to say that you don't know nothing about basketball.

k0kakw0rld
03-10-2021, 04:10 PM
sorry about making another thread my dude

All good my guy !! :cheers: It's just to make sure we don't end up talking about the same thing on multiple threads. It's unnecessary and it helps with the moderation of the forum.

rawimpact
03-10-2021, 04:16 PM
It's the basketball hall of fame, not NBA hall of fame.

Webber makes it because of his college days, NBA accomplishments are lacking.

Xiao Yao You
03-10-2021, 04:24 PM

He played one year of college. He should make it based on his NBA career

L.Kizzle
03-10-2021, 04:47 PM

Because of the scandal will it even be mentioned when they bring up voting process.

Gohan
03-10-2021, 05:57 PM
That's my point

Finals MVP
Chauncey Billups 1
Kyle Lowry 0

All-NBA Teams
(Total Selections)
Chauncey Billups 3
Kyle Lowry 1

All-Defensive Teams
(Total Selections)
Chauncey Billups 2
Kyle Lowry 0

I think it's safe to say that you don't know nothing about basketball.

Keep stanning different teams. Who’s your favorite team now? Portland?

Smoke117
03-10-2021, 05:58 PM
Pierce. :facepalm

KissMySwag
03-10-2021, 06:13 PM
Is there more to Webber having a tainted college career outside of the timeout? Obviously one of the worst plays in ncaa history but that shouldn’t nullify everything he did until that point. I’m genuinely asking cause I really don’t know.

k0kakw0rld
03-10-2021, 06:17 PM
Keep stanning different teams. Who’s your favorite team now? Portland?
You brought an argument, I destroyed you and now you crying like the b!tch you are.

I only root for the Raptors. That explains why I am the only person defending their honor on this forum. Every time something is said against them, I don't see any other poster but me reacting.

Favorite player = Ben Simmons (So because I like his game I got to be a 76ers fan?) Are you stupid or you dumb?
Runner-ups = Kawhi, Dame (I am assuming I am also a Clippers fan)

Moron, Kawhi won my franchise a ring. I will never ever hate on him. And Dame is simply the best point guard in the league and I really like his game.

So can you can tell me that you have never rooted for more than one player at the same time? 4500 players and you only like one?

Stop capping, shut the fk up you piece of sh!t.

Smoke117
03-10-2021, 06:18 PM
Is there more to Webber having a tainted college career outside of the timeout? Obviously one of the worst plays in ncaa history but that shouldn’t nullify everything he did until that point. I’m genuinely asking cause I really don’t know.

Webber had a nice and underrated all around game (rebounding, passing defense), but he should never been shooting as much as he did. He just really wasn’t a good enough scorer for how many shots he was taking. When he averaged a career high 27.1ppg he was chucking up 23.4 shots a game...that’s the definition of high volume low efficiency scoring.

KissMySwag
03-10-2021, 06:21 PM
Webber had a nice and underrated all around game (rebounding, passing defense), but he should never been shooting as much as he did. He just really wasn’t a good enough scorer for how many shots he was taking. When he averaged a career high 27.1ppg he was chucking up 23.4 shots a game...that’s the definition of high volume low efficiency scoring.
That makes sense I wasn’t watching college ball at the time of the fab 5, and with the players on that roster he definitely didn’t need to be putting up more shots than necessary.

KissMySwag
03-10-2021, 06:23 PM
Although I still don’t think either the timeout or the unnecessary shots would be reason to totally nullify the two seasons*

Doranku
03-10-2021, 06:26 PM
This.

Why is Kawhi's probability so low?

L.Kizzle
03-10-2021, 07:42 PM
Although I still don’t think either the timeout or the unnecessary shots would be reason to totally nullify the two seasons*
We know it's not the timeout it's the money thing. Their banner is no longer up.

L.Kizzle
03-10-2021, 07:43 PM
Not much accolades the first half of his career.

KissMySwag
03-10-2021, 07:47 PM
We know it's not the timeout it's the money thing. Their banner is no longer up.

What is the money thing? I’m sure I could google but I’m being lazy if you could explain that would be nice if not I’ll google eventually if I remember to do so I’m just not into the research right now.

Edit: You’re also one of the og’s I respect when listening to opinions. I’m quite a bit intoxicated and don’t want to study myself tonight although I know it’s a quick search away I’m using my limited time doing other unimportant things. I’ll figure it out eventually.

Real Men Wear Green
03-10-2021, 07:53 PM
Too soon for Pierce - not a 1st ballot hofer

Too soon for Bosh - not a 2nd ballot hofer

Worthy Hall of Famers shouldn't be forced to wait for whatever arbitrary standard you have for why they shouldn't be in. Paul Pierce is a 10 time All-Star. Who has ever made Allstar ten times and not made the Hall? It's not arguable.

KissMySwag
03-10-2021, 07:55 PM
What is the money thing? I’m sure I could google but I’m being lazy if you could explain that would be nice if not I’ll google eventually if I remember to do so I’m just not into the research right now.

Edit: You’re also one of the og’s I respect when listening to opinions. I’m quite a bit intoxicated and don’t want to study myself tonight although I know it’s a quick search away I’m using my limited time doing other unimportant things. I’ll figure it out eventually.

Also regarding the former half of that statement in regards to the og. We need to do another mixtape draft. I was young for the og draft and while I picked great songs towards the end I lost the message and the continuance and kind of went off track but that is one of my fondest memories of ish and it would be fun to do again someday.

L.Kizzle
03-10-2021, 08:25 PM

He supposedly took money as a college player. NCAA basically erased anything Michigan achieved in his 2 seasons there.

RRR3
03-10-2021, 08:44 PM
Webber’s prime took place in a very inefficient league, his efficiency wasn’t abnormal at all in his prime. He was also complete trash efficiency wise after he got hurt at like 29 or 30 which hurt his career numbers. I’m not saying he was ever a model of efficiency but from 97-02 he was above league average in TS% 3 times and right around league average 2 other times. Given his volume that’s fine. Iirc he spammed long twos so if he played today and replaced those with 3s his TS% would be much better. Players weren’t used optimally in Webber’s era.

Smoke117
03-10-2021, 08:59 PM
Webber’s prime took place in a very inefficient league, his efficiency wasn’t abnormal at all in his prime. He was also complete trash efficiency wise after he got hurt at like 29 or 30 which hurt his career numbers. I’m not saying he was ever a model of efficiency but from 97-02 he was above league average in TS% 3 times and right around league average 2 other times. Given his volume that’s fine. Iirc he spammed long twos so if he played today and replaced those with 3s his TS% would be much better. Players weren’t used optimally in Webber’s era.

None of that changes the fact that he just wasn't that great as a scorer. His sole post move was an ugly hook shot. Most of the time he was facing up with his mediocre little jump shot. Webber has always annoyed me because of how much he shot and how little someone like Sheed shot when he was a much more talented and skilled scorer. Goes to show how much mentality goes into what a player becomes. You can go on about the era, but that's just a cop out for Webber who just didn't really have much of a scoring repertoire. He has a career .513%ts which is awful regardless of the era he played in.

kawhileonard2
03-10-2021, 09:22 PM
Pierce, Bosh, Hardaway. Also Penny and Kemp should be in as well.

Reggie43
03-10-2021, 10:15 PM
Chris Webber at his peak was a legit mvp caliber player back in the day and was producing good/great numbers in a more defensive minded league prior to the rule changes. Crazy how underrated he has become nowadays especially if you factor in that he had that "modern" skillset that is all the rage nowadays outside of spamming threes obviously.

Smoke117
03-10-2021, 10:28 PM
Chris Webber at his peak was a legit mvp caliber player back in the day and was producing good/great numbers in a more defensive minded league prior to the rule changes. Crazy how underrated he has become nowadays especially if you factor in that he had that "modern" skillset that is all the rage nowadays outside of spamming threes obviously.

lol Chris Webber was at no point ever a legit mvp caliber player. GTFO with that nonsense. You probably think Reggie Miller was a legit mvp caliber player if you believe Webber was. :lol :facepalm

Im Still Ballin
03-10-2021, 10:37 PM
Chris Webber finished 4th in the MVP in 2001. If he didn't miss so many games in 2002, he might have won it that year.

He was a 5x All-NBA player from 1999-2003.

1998-99 All-NBA (2nd)
1999-00 All-NBA (3rd)
2000-01 All-NBA (1st)
2001-02 All-NBA (2nd)
2002-03 All-NBA (2nd)

He was beating out guys like Garnett, Malone, and Dirk for All-NBA spots.

Reggie43
03-10-2021, 10:44 PM
lol Chris Webber was at no point ever a legit mvp caliber player. GTFO with that nonsense. You probably think Reggie Miller was a legit mvp caliber player if you believe Webber was. :lol :facepalm

He finished as high as 4th in the Mvp voting while always finishing inside the top 10 in his short prime. He was the best player on teams that was winning 55 to 61 wins a season and had single season peaks of around 27ppg 11rebs 4-5asts 1.3spg 1.7bpg on 48%fg.

Reggie43
03-10-2021, 10:48 PM
Not even close to being a fan of Webber but it is very hard to deny that he was a very good Nba player.

Smoke117
03-10-2021, 10:53 PM
He finished as high as 4th in the Mvp voting while always finishing inside the top 10 in his short prime. He was the best player on teams that was winning 55 to 61 wins a season and had single season peaks of around 27ppg 11rebs 4-5asts 1.3spg 1.7bpg on 48%fg.

lol...again he was chucking up 23.4 shots per game to get that 27ppg...that's the definition of ineffiency, baby gurl.

Reggie43
03-10-2021, 10:58 PM
lol...again he was chucking up 23.4 shots per game to get that 27ppg...that's the definition of ineffiency, baby gurl.

48%fg is hardly inefficient lol what the hell are you drinking?

Xiao Yao You
03-10-2021, 11:01 PM

for a big it's not great

Axe
03-10-2021, 11:03 PM
:oldlol:

@hbk dimwit

Reggie43
03-10-2021, 11:21 PM
for a big it's not great

Its also not bad if you factor in the era and that he scored 27ppg off that. For comparison younger versions of Garnett and Dirk was shooting below that despite much fewer attempts.

L.Kizzle
03-10-2021, 11:25 PM
Similar players to Webber (inefficient bugs as you wall call it) are in the Hall.
George McGinnis
Spencer Haywood

Webber was probably better than both.

Smoke117
03-10-2021, 11:30 PM

FG% means absolutely nothing for overall efficiency. There is nothing impressive about having to chuck up 23.5 shots to average 27 pppg.

TheGoatest
03-11-2021, 05:48 AM
Big Ben... Well deserved. :applause:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaNePyiSIJ8

Pierce deserves to be a 1st balloter IMO. There were players with better peaks than him who aren't HOFers (like Penny Hardaway), but Pierce's entire career accomplishments cannot be denied.

Reggie43
03-11-2021, 06:23 AM
FG% means absolutely nothing for overall efficiency. There is nothing impressive about having to chuck up 23.5 shots to average 27 pppg.

Webber is still a very good Nba player regardless of how inefficient he is in some years. He led his team to 61 wins playing that way and was one win away from beating the Shaq/Kobe Lakers so he must be doing some things right.

RRR3
03-11-2021, 06:52 AM
The league wide TS% was 51.8% in 2001, his was 51.6% that year. Considering volume that’s fine. It was a very inefficient era as I told you.

Manny98
03-11-2021, 07:23 AM
Bosh? :roll:

ArbitraryWater
03-11-2021, 07:24 AM
Chris Bosh?

Wut?

jayfan
03-11-2021, 09:50 AM
Worthy Hall of Famers shouldn't be forced to wait for whatever arbitrary standard you have for why they shouldn't be in. Paul Pierce is a 10 time All-Star. Who has ever made Allstar ten times and not made the Hall? It's not arguable.

Yes, they should. There's a hierarchy.

"First ballot hall of famer" is a class. A category. One that Pierce is not in.

Real Men Wear Green
03-11-2021, 10:34 AM

He is getting in on the first ballot so that's factually incorrect. You can continue feeling that it's some injustice that he didn't have to wait a year but in the real world his greatness is being respected.

Akeem34TheDream
03-11-2021, 10:49 AM
I wonder when will Ginobili get in.

L.Kizzle
03-11-2021, 11:01 AM

First ballot Hall of Famers include Joe Dumars, Tracy McGrady and Ray Allen.
Dominique Wilkins, Reggie Miller, Dennis Rodman didn't get in on their first try.
It all depenfs

L.Kizzle
03-11-2021, 01:01 PM
Soon.

TheGoatest
03-11-2021, 04:23 PM
I would take peak

Grant Hill
Penny Hardaway
Tracy McGrady
Vince Carter

over peak Paul Pierce. Easily. But there's no denying that Pierce had a better career than any of them.

k0kakw0rld
03-13-2021, 01:37 AM
He is not getting in

BigShotBob
03-13-2021, 03:30 AM
Bosh? :roll:

Well deserved :applause:

kawhileonard2
03-13-2021, 11:40 PM
I would take peak

Grant Hill
Penny Hardaway
Tracy McGrady
Vince Carter

over peak Paul Pierce. Easily. But there's no denying that Pierce had a better career than any of them.

And even Kemp.

welfarefan
03-13-2021, 11:57 PM
HOF committee about to leap from over 00-05 era as they rightfully should

k0kakw0rld
03-14-2021, 12:53 AM
Chris Bosh?

Wut?
2 Ring$$$

3 20/10 seasons ? :lol
11x all star

Yeah, I think he gets in.

k0kakw0rld
03-15-2021, 02:45 PM
Soon.

He is got a 14% chance of getting in (Manu Ginobili). What's crazy is that Tony Parker got a 93% chance at getting inducted into the hall of fame.

TheGoatest
03-15-2021, 03:10 PM
2 Ring$$$

3 20/10 seasons ? :lol
11x all star

Yeah, I think he gets in.

Weakest All-NBA resumé ever for a HOF'er?

1 All-NBA 2nd team
0 other All-NBA 1st teams, All-NBA 2nd teams, All-NBA 3rd teams, All-defensive 1st teams or All-defensive 2nd teams

Hey Yo
03-15-2021, 03:23 PM
First ballot Hall of Famers include Joe Dumars, Tracy McGrady and Ray Allen.
Dominique Wilkins, Reggie Miller, Dennis Rodman didn't get in on their first try.
It all depenfs

If I remember correctly.... Reggie Miller didn't get enough votes even make it as a finalist at first chance in 2011. Then the following season he made it as a Finalist and got voted in

If there isnt a max amount allotted each year, then how the hell was his career not good enough to even be a finalist one year but good enough the following year????

That's why HOF is so shady

k0kakw0rld
03-15-2021, 03:26 PM

1 All-NBA 2nd team
0 other All-NBA 1st teams, All-NBA 2nd teams, All-NBA 3rd teams, All-defensive 1st teams or All-defensive 2nd teams

He sacrificed his career to help your precious win rings. Show some respect. Bron will be ringless without his help.

BigShotBob
03-15-2021, 03:29 PM

1 All-NBA 2nd team

Lebron teamed up with 2 HOFers in Miami. Amazing.

k0kakw0rld
03-15-2021, 03:33 PM
He is not in yet

Hey Yo
03-15-2021, 03:34 PM

Bosh.... a HOF'er just on his Toronto resume' alone??

:roll: :roll: :roll: