PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky lawmakers advance bill to criminalize insulting police

Code Breaker
03-11-2021, 08:33 PM
I thought Republicans were pro 1st Amendment what a joke. Also no wonder this state is amongst the poorest, dumbest and low life expectancy among the US.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/542284-kentucky-lawmakers-advance-bill-to-criminalize-insulting-police

FultzNationRISE
03-11-2021, 09:07 PM
The bill says a person can be charged with the Class B misdemeanor of disorderly conduct if the individual “Accosts, insults, taunts, or challenges a law enforcement officer with offensive or derisive words, or by gestures or other physical contact, that would have a direct tendency to provoke a violent response from the perspective of a reasonable and prudent person.”

Think about how many gimmick accounts you've made dedicated to this cringey shtick. Think about how much time you've invested.

Think about your life in those terms.

HUUUUUUGE yikes.

Code Breaker
03-11-2021, 09:36 PM
Think about how many gimmick accounts you've made dedicated to this cringey shtick. Think about how much time you've invested.

Think about your life in those terms.

HUUUUUUGE yikes.

What was the point of this post :roll:

Patrick Chewing
03-12-2021, 12:30 AM
OP's mad he can't yell and cuss at cops anymore. :lol

Code Breaker
03-12-2021, 12:32 AM
OP's mad he can't yell and cuss at cops anymore. :lol

If you don’t see where this is going you have less brain cells than I thought.

Patrick Chewing
03-12-2021, 12:39 AM

The disrespect of police across the country was going in the wrong direction. Look at New York. People throwing water on cops and berating them 24/7. Now it's time to go to jail....punk.

RRR3
03-12-2021, 12:46 AM
Chewing supporting fascism as usual. Disgusting obese Nazi pig.

Mr. Woke
03-12-2021, 01:33 PM
The insanity on the right is mind-blowing.

They seriously are wannabe fascists.

Patrick Chewing
03-12-2021, 01:36 PM
RRR3 is the above poster.

Long Duck Dong
03-12-2021, 04:08 PM
I don't like this at all. Cops are paid pretty good and are selected among dozens, if not hundreds of applicants per position. If the fast food guy at the drive in window can handle a few insults so should the cops unless the taunting interferes with their duties.

I respect law enforcement but they shouldn't be a protected class of citizens.

rawimpact
03-12-2021, 04:26 PM
I don't like this at all. Cops are paid pretty good and are selected among dozens, if not hundreds of applicants per position. If the fast food guy at the drive in window can handle a few insults so should the cops unless the taunting interferes with their duties.

I respect law enforcement but they shouldn't be a protected class of citizens.

While I agree on your position, I disagree on officer salary.

LEO may be paid well in some states, but in NC that just is not true, and neither is it in Kentucky where this is taking place.
The average salary is like 50K.

Places like CA is where they rack up six figures and then double it in OT. Same with firefighters. That poor state is bled dry...
Cal Trans is another issue I hated when I lived in CA. Slowest workers out there...

TeflonDonTrump
03-12-2021, 04:32 PM

Yet, you support censoring the president and mike linddel.

JohnnySic
03-12-2021, 06:04 PM
This is good. The police should be respected. We as a society understood this intuitively at one point. Well, most of us still do but unfortunately now there is a very vocal element with other ideas.

LAmbruh
03-12-2021, 07:47 PM
Snowflakes :oldlol:

Code Breaker
03-12-2021, 10:18 PM
This is good. The police should be respected. We as a society understood this intuitively at one point. Well, most of us still do but unfortunately now there is a very vocal element with other ideas.

Your tongue might as well be used for shoe polish with all that boot licking.

Mr. Woke
03-12-2021, 10:34 PM
RRR3 is the above poster.

Hello ZenMaster.

Kblaze8855
03-14-2021, 09:58 AM
So we yell about the constitution when a business won’t allow you to tweet nonsense or you get banned from a site you don’t own but applaud the actual government expanding limits on what Americans can say?

If a private company won’t let nuts use its property to say....plan the murder of Mike Pence...censorship. A local government says you can’t insult someone who has a badge....that’s good.

Im not sure how such a thing get through the courts. You could tie it to public safety I guess but it would be hard to argue most insults don’t risk public safety to some degree.

People worried about laws against rocket launchers in schools being a slippery slope(read some quotes from “All weapons laws are an infringement” crowd)....but don’t see the long term implications of a government limiting criticism of its employees....

You can’t flip off a cop. Ok.

How about an elected official?

Different story?

How about when it’s the sheriff?

Sheriffs are political entities. I remember reading that some in major cities were never even cops. The sheriff of New Orleans apparently. No law enforcement experience. A democrat with some ideas the right don’t care for.

Say deep red Louisiana passes such a law....

Could a Republican who hates him insult him in public like other elected officials or do conservatives slippery slope arguments limit to guns and how gay rights might lead to people getting married to crickets?

I hate how such shit gets bent to the political side of the person instead of just being a matter of principle. I said all along I don’t see how anyone should be able to tell a business they won’t follow their dress code....like wearing masks....but that the government forcing you to do it seemed like a potential violation of the first amendment. I feel the government should whenever possible stay out of what Americans can say.....or wear. But that people should be able to ask you to leave their homes and business if you won’t follow their rules.

I don’t like masks. I don’t like being told what I can say. But if I’m in your place of business and you ask me to not come in without a mask....or not to swear or insult cops....I won’t.

You as a private citizen can tell me not to curse around your kids in your home. I will respect that.

The government says I can’t in public? I’m selling “**** dem kids” shirts at city hall on general principle.

If you’re gonna slippery slope me just....keep both edges sharp. Not just yours.

Some judge is gonna come off the top rope with the elbow if this moves forward....and they should.

Some things really are a slippery slope that matters. The government limiting criticism of its employees and potentially elected officials is absolutely one of them.

Hey Yo
03-14-2021, 12:27 PM
Yet, you support censoring the president and mike linddel.

got him...

Code Breaker
03-14-2021, 02:00 PM
got him...

By changing the subject to something completely different than this thread nope.

warriorfan
03-14-2021, 03:07 PM
Freedom of speech or inciting violence?

Didn’t we just go over this one?

Patrick Chewing
03-14-2021, 03:31 PM
Respect police or get clapped up.

SATAN
03-14-2021, 08:52 PM
Everyone else are sheep though. :facepalm

Facepalm
03-14-2021, 09:09 PM

I'm sure the Capitol police were feeling very respected back in January

RRR3
03-16-2021, 03:29 AM
Why would I respect serial killers?

Nanners
03-16-2021, 08:58 AM
I dont see how this law would hold up in court... seems like a flagrant violation of the first amendment.