PDA

View Full Version : Are there still people in ISH who don't think the Nets will win the Chip?

StrongLurk
03-12-2021, 11:33 AM
Cause I don't see how anyone can think the Nets won't easily win a ring this year. They have been destroying teams for a while without KD even playing. Who the hell can beat them in a seven game series? They simply have too much star power.

Lakers have a decent shot, but that's it. Even if the Clippers made the finals, the Nets would still have three of the four best players in the series.

GOBB
03-12-2021, 11:42 AM
You’re caught up on regular season. Post season is where they will have to prove they can play defense at crucial times in a game. Offense only gets you but so far.

tpols
03-12-2021, 11:54 AM
You’re caught up on regular season. Post season is where they will have to prove they can play defense at crucial times in a game. Offense only gets you but so far.

Harden, Kyrie, and Durant all have great playoff averages for their careers.

StrongLurk
03-12-2021, 11:56 AM

It will be easier for them to play defense in the playoffs, so if anything the Nets will become better than in the regular season.

Harden and Durant are some of the best offensive players of all time and Kyrie is an elite playoff scorer without a doubt. Also Kyrie and Durant have proven themselves that they RISE to the occasion the further they get into the playoffs and have put on incredible scoring series in the finals.

To me, this Nets team is more impressive than the Miami Heat teams earlier this decade.

999Guy
03-12-2021, 12:04 PM
It’s hard to see right now but they have too many truly bad playoff players.

Jeff Green, Jordan, Shamet, Johnson.

God they scout a lot of the same types of wings.

Harden and Bruce brown are their best defenders in a playoff series. Or even Durant but that’s not good either.

They cannot stop elite offense, they have no chance at it. But almost all the elite offense is in the West. So they’re probably gonna Magic Johnson Lakers their way to a finals.

I really don’t believe they’d beat Phoenix or Utah in a series. LAL’s defense is way too versatile, and their offense has way too much rim pressure for BKN. They’d beat them in 6 easily.

All that is to say, Giannis is the rim pressure god, and Jrue Holiday’s style of slashing would kill Kyrie/Harris. And Milwaukee has enough defensive talent to come up with a decent scheme.

I hate the midgets MIL has coming off the bench though. Bryn Forbes is the worst defender in the league. He’d singlehandedly ruin a series for them.

And the fans not being in arenas helps BKN more than most teams. They are a one way team so they totally rely on hot shooting. Which is easier to do in these practice gyms.

Honestly, in the bubble they could’ve just ran the table and got insanely hot and beat everybody. But I don’t think they’ll easily do it with fans and normal travel.

Kblaze8855
03-12-2021, 12:05 PM
I don’t even have predictions this year. Let the wrong person braid your hair half your team could miss a playoff series.

k0kakw0rld
03-12-2021, 12:06 PM
They can but they gonna have to go through Embiid, Simmons & company + Giannis and company. We shall see

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-12-2021, 12:13 PM
Should be the favorites.

Prior to sitting these last 10 games, Durant looked great and put up MVP numbers.

29ppg, 7reb, 5ast on ~52/43/86 splits. Would've never thought dude came off an achilles tear.

999Guy
03-12-2021, 12:15 PM
I forgot Philly had Danny green. And Thybulle, and Simmons, and Harris. They have a lot of talent. Kinda deep too. Tons of different types of good defenders. They just don’t have the halfcourt offense to beat BKN. But what they’d do is make them really uncomfortable for a little bit.

So stupid for not getting Harden. Philly with Harden would be better than healthy BKN.

StrongLurk
03-12-2021, 12:24 PM
Should be the favorites.

Prior to sitting these last 10 games, Durant looked great and put up MVP numbers.

29ppg, 7reb, 5ast on ~52/43/86 splits. Would've never thought dude came off an achilles tear.

The Nets third option is putting up 28/5/6 on 52/42/89...the Nets are practically an all star team.

They have won 11 out of their last 12 and KD hasn't played in any of them. In fact the one game they lost KD and Kyrie didn't play.

Imagine Kawhi or Lebron or Giannis sitting out 12 games in a row and their teams winning 11 of those games? It would never happen.

rawimpact
03-12-2021, 12:26 PM
Short of injuries, they're clear cut favorites.

pandiani17
03-12-2021, 12:55 PM
I forgot Philly had Danny green. And Thybulle, and Simmons, and Harris. They have a lot of talent. Kinda deep too. Tons of different types of good defenders. They just don’t have the halfcourt offense to beat BKN. But what they’d do is make them really uncomfortable for a little bit.

So stupid for not getting Harden. Philly with Harden would be better than healthy BKN.

I think it is a well-known secret that Houston didn't want to trade Harden to the Sixers, because the Sixers new GM was the old GM of the Rockets or something like that, and they didn't want to look like bitches. Actually, the package offered by the Sixers was better than the one offered by the Nets.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-12-2021, 01:00 PM

Hardens career finals averages of 12PPG on 38% FG is very intimidating for opposing teams I'm sure.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-12-2021, 01:04 PM
To answer question, op. The nets have proven absolutely NOTHING.

- harden and scrubs can dominate the reg season. Who cares

- harden is always a choker in the biggest playoff moments

- the big 3 of Irving/Harden/Durant have proven ZERO synergy and barely played like 5 games together

- interior defense is a joke in conference with Embiid and Giannis

- Durant has only played half of his games. Why the hell are you out over a month for a hamstring injury?

- D'antoni playoff resume and Nash being a rookie coach

So yeah, they are far from a lock. This isn't the warriors.

tpols
03-12-2021, 01:10 PM
Hardens career finals averages of 12PPG on 38% FG is very intimidating for opposing teams I'm sure.

He's played in one finals... nice sample size bro. In that very same year Kawhi averaged 8/6/1 in the playoffs. :oldlol:

Bronbron23
03-12-2021, 01:12 PM
Cause I don't see how anyone can think the Nets won't easily win a ring this year. They have been destroying teams for a while without KD even playing. Who the hell can beat them in a seven game series? They simply have too much star power.

Lakers have a decent shot, but that's it. Even if the Clippers made the finals, the Nets would still have three of the four best players in the series.

I don't. Come deep ib the post season you need defense. You can't just outscore everyone and rely on offense

HBK_Kliq_2
03-12-2021, 01:25 PM
He's played in one finals... nice sample size bro. In that very same year Kawhi averaged 8/6/1 in the playoffs. :oldlol:

Don't ever compare a playoff bum like that to goat Kawhi.

Kawhi has led three different finals team in VORP and won 2 finals MVPS.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-12-2021, 01:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jox6ggZpxnI

When a James Harden team tries to get to the finals....haahhahaha

Uncle Drew
03-12-2021, 01:32 PM
Yes.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-12-2021, 01:39 PM
The Nets third option is putting up 28/5/6 on 52/42/89...the Nets are practically an all star team.

They have won 11 out of their last 12 and KD hasn't played in any of them. In fact the one game they lost KD and Kyrie didn't play.

Imagine Kawhi or Lebron or Giannis sitting out 12 games in a row and their teams winning 11 of those games? It would never happen.

Yeah. Its funny that people talk about their defense when its not going to matter.

Seen this rodeo before with LA back in 01. They were one of the WORST defenses all year up until the playoffs. Shaq/Kobe had a coinciding prime and kicked it up a gear, desecrating their comp. The Nets have three top 10 players in THEIR prime and are playing in a league where defenses can't touch you. Good luck stopping that.

LoneyROY7
03-12-2021, 01:41 PM
Of course. There's a ton of low IQs on here.

Bronbron23
03-12-2021, 02:23 PM

Bruh you stan one of the lowest iq players in the league lol.

Harden: "coach what should we do? My threes aren't falling and were losing and our game plan isn't working.

Coach: "i don't know any ideas"

Harden: "actually yeah i think i should shoot even more step back threes"

Get the f*ck out here dude :facepalm

LoneyROY7
03-12-2021, 02:25 PM
Bruh you stan one of the lowest iq players in the league lol.

Harden: "coach what should we do? My threes aren't falling and were losing and our game plan isn't working.

Coach: "i don't know any ideas"

Harden: "actually yeah i think i should shoot even more step back threes"

Get the f*ck out here dude :facepalm

Case and point, boys and girls.

tpols
03-12-2021, 02:25 PM

8 points
6 rebounds
And actually half an assist.

:lol

Same year you hate on for Harden that was your boy.

smh....

dankok8
03-12-2021, 02:27 PM
I think they won't. Partly injuries, partly chemistry, partly lack of defense.

LoneyROY7
03-12-2021, 02:29 PM
Low IQ is an infectious disease, and ISH is a breeding ground.

Mask up.

Bronbron23
03-12-2021, 02:37 PM

Ok we'll see come post season when the nets can't stop anyone.

If they get to the finals against lakers i'll put my money where my mouth is and show my bet. Let's see if your confident enough to do the same

LoneyROY7
03-12-2021, 02:39 PM
Ok we'll see come post season when the nets can't stop anyone.

If they get to the finals against lakers i'll put my money where my mouth is and show my bet. Let's see if your confident enough to do the same

I'll gladly take a permaban bet to ship your dumbass off this board.

Bronbron23
03-12-2021, 02:45 PM
I'll gladly take a permaban bet to ship your dumbass off this board.

Cool no point arguing about something that hasn't happened yet. We'll see in a few month

999Guy
03-12-2021, 02:50 PM

You’re gonna be down worse than HBK is with this level of confidence.

I warned him for months about the clippers.

I’m warning you now, it will be extremely extremely difficult for them win the ECF and Finals.

They have so much trash and their best players are really flawed.

Harden is amazing, but KD hasn’t dominated an elite defense in years. Kyrie is an unpredictable black hole with terrible defense. They have weak coaching to top this off.

They will really struggle with Milwaukee. And LeBron is on his deepest, best roster ever. They probably won’t win. Philly could scare them in a series.

If they get drummond it might push them over the East, but they don’t have a prayer against the rim pressure playoff LeBron, AD, Harrell, and Schroeder will bring.

LoneyROY7
03-12-2021, 02:55 PM

I’m warning you now, it will be extremely extremely difficult for them win the ECF and Finals.

Harden is amazing, but KD hasn’t dominated an elite defense in years. Kyrie is an unpredictable black hole with terrible defense. They have weak coaching to top this off.

They will really struggle with Milwaukee. And LeBron is on his deepest, best roster ever. They probably won’t win. Philly could scare them in a series.

If they get drummond it might push them over the East, but they don’t have a prayer against the rim pressure playoff LeBron, AD, Harrell, and Schroeder will bring.

Please don't ever compare me to an individual with full-blown autism. And please don't ever compare Kawhi and Playoff P to Harden, KD, and Kyrie.

999Guy
03-12-2021, 02:56 PM
Please don't ever compare me to an individual with full-blown autism. And please don't ever compare Kawhi and Playoff P to KD, Harden, and Kyrie.

Lol I was gonna say HBK is half retarded anyway at the beginning but I wanted to be nice.

GOBB
03-12-2021, 03:00 PM

What does that matter when it comes to defense? Durant is the only scary one tho. Kyrie has been the same scorer his career what he do for Boston? Harden post season career is documented. It’ll come down to defending not scoring with them. No shot they win 16 games backed by defense. What team has done that? Not even the Warriors who were insane offensively.

tpols
03-12-2021, 03:07 PM
What does that matter when it comes to defense? Durant is the only scary one tho. Kyrie has been the same scorer his career what he do for Boston? Harden post season career is documented. It’ll come down to defending not scoring with them. No shot they win 16 games backed by defense. What team has done that? Not even the Warriors who were insane offensively.

You're going to see why first hand when the Nets whoop the Sixer's ass. It'd be a coin flip with just Harden and Kyrie... if they are truly saving Durant load management style and he comes back fresh and good... you're going to see. The Sixers will get their ass kicked. You only have one true star. Kyrie has proved more than enough outside of Boston in the playoffs and of course in Boston he wasn't playing with anybody nearly as good as KD or Harden. You might need a memory check on what happened pre-2018. And he looks better now than when he was then.

ralph_i_el
03-12-2021, 03:15 PM
They don't have anyone who can play decent D on Giannis or Embiid. I think there's a shot they lose purely because of that.

Airupthere
03-12-2021, 04:18 PM
I'm still unsure of their D. Playoffs will be different so until then it will be hard to say. Plus, there is still that * on KD.

GOBB
03-12-2021, 04:33 PM
You're going to see why first hand when the Nets whoop the Sixer's ass. It'd be a coin flip with just Harden and Kyrie... if they are truly saving Durant load management style and he comes back fresh and good... you're going to see. The Sixers will get their ass kicked. You only have one true star. Kyrie has proved more than enough outside of Boston in the playoffs and of course in Boston he wasn't playing with anybody nearly as good as KD or Harden. You might need a memory check on what happened pre-2018. And he looks better now than when he was then.

Durant only one who can take over the series. Sixers could counter him with Embiid. Harden was locked up by Ben Simmons. Kyrie is hit or miss. He’s hitting? Tough. He’s missing? Easy. Kyrie has never done nothing without Bron. With Boston he had a good team and bombed by milw.

LoneyROY7
03-12-2021, 04:37 PM
Durant only one who can take over the series. Sixers could counter him with Embiid. Harden was locked up by Ben Simmons. Kyrie is hit or miss. He’s hitting? Tough. He’s missing? Easy. Kyrie has never done nothing without Bron. With Boston he had a good team and bombed by milw.

:oldlol: :oldlol:

Simmons has never locked up Harden. Harden's numbers against Ben in 6 career games? 32/9/7 on 48 percent.

Like I said boys, low IQ is contagious. Double mask if you have to.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-12-2021, 04:37 PM
8 points
6 rebounds
And actually half an assist.

Same year you hate on for Harden that was your boy.

smh....

Kawhi was 20 years old that season.

Harden was 20 years old in 2009-10 season: 9.9 PPG on 40% FG, 3 rebounds, 1.8 assist

Wow Harden was really blowing Kawhi away hahhahha

and Kawhi actually dominated Lebron in 2014 finals, Harden went to strip clubs in 2012 finals. No teammates crap either because Harden had prime Durant who was better then 2014 Duncan.

Kawhi beat Curry\Dray\Klay 3 different times in the 2019 finals, Harden couldn't even beat them once in 2019 and he had Chris Paul who was better then anybody Kawhi had on Raptors.

All the evidence points to Kawhi destroying that flopper, come on daffy duck? don't be like lonely roy and end up a ringless flopper.

LoneyROY7
03-12-2021, 04:40 PM
Don't worry about being around Klit though. Autism is genetic.

StrongLurk
03-12-2021, 04:41 PM
I love all the retards in this thread trying to pick apart KD, Kyrie, and Harden's playoff careers...yet the teams they think can beat the Nets all clearly have players with worse playoff careers.

Like what has Giannis or Embiid done in the playoffs compared to KD, Kyrie or Harden???

This Gobb fellow is truly spittin some dumb shit acting like Ben Simmons is gonna do ANYTHING compared to Kyrie or Harden.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-12-2021, 04:43 PM

Bubble basketball had insane shooting variance, an upset was way more likely to happen. Murray had multiple 50 point games in the 1st round i believe? That's never going to again inside real NBA gyms. Lebron and Lakers also never eliminated Kawhi\George, it was like 2006 when Dirk eliminated Duncan\Manu\Parker. In 2006 if spurs faced heat, spurs would win. Just like in 2020 if lakers faced clippers, clippers would win. Kawhi owns Lebron man. Kawhi also has the best winning percentage in NBA history despite never playing with an alltime top 20 great in his prime.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-12-2021, 04:43 PM
Don't worry about being around Klit though. Autism is genetic.

Hey I never said Harden was crap, i said he's not the playoff performer that Kawhi is. More people would agree with me then disagree with me on that.

tpols
03-12-2021, 04:45 PM

Peak Harden is much better than rookie Tatum or Jaylen Brown. Kyrie has never played with anybody great outside of LeBron. And when he did he was a FIBA and All Star Game MVP. You're going to be in for a rude awakening in a few months.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-12-2021, 04:47 PM
I love all the retards in this thread trying to pick apart KD, Kyrie, and Harden's playoff careers...yet the teams they think can beat the Nets all clearly have players with worse playoff careers.

Like what has Giannis or Embiid done in the playoffs compared to KD, Kyrie or Harden???

This Gobb fellow is truly spittin some dumb shit acting like Ben Simmons is gonna do ANYTHING compared to Kyrie or Harden.

I never even mentioned how insanely injury prone Irving has been in his whole career, as well as insanely injury prone Kevin Durant has been from 2015-present. If just 1 of those guys are injured, they will never beat either LA team.

I like to flip your question around, what has Kyrie\Harden\KD done in playoffs compared to Embiid and Giannis? Be sidekicks pretty much or just choke every year?

LoneyROY7
03-12-2021, 04:50 PM
We will continue fighting for better autism care nationwide.

Manny98
03-12-2021, 04:53 PM
Philly fans talking about the postseason :lol

Imagine getting swept by Boston in the 1st round pathetic

Manny98
03-12-2021, 04:55 PM

Manny98
03-12-2021, 04:56 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/kMsFk04N/Nikola-Jokic-Passport-STACK-2.jpg

light
03-12-2021, 05:03 PM

Defense. They don't play it.

Cancer personalities. They have many.

StrongLurk
03-12-2021, 05:06 PM
Defense. They don't play it.

Cancer personalities. They have many.

And yet they have the fourth best record in the league with KD missing 50% of the games this season so far and Kyrie missing 30% of the games.

I repeat, KD has only played 19 of their 38 games, Kyrie has only played 27 of their 38 games...and they have the fourth best record.

Bronbron23
03-12-2021, 05:29 PM
Only 3 teams in nba history won with a defense ranked outside the top 10. 95 rockets, 01 lakers and 18 warriors and all of those teams i believe were just outside the top 10 and had good defenders that could turn it up come post season. The nets aren't just outside the top 10 they're one of the worst defenses in the league and one of the worst all time. Plus they don't have guys that can just turn it up notch defensively when it matters.

Yeah they're good enough offensively to overcome their defensive issues but it isn't anywhere close to a done deal.

Manny98
03-12-2021, 05:34 PM
Only 3 teams in nba history won with a defense ranked outside the top 10. 95 rockets, 01 lakers and 18 warriors and all of those teams i believe were just outside the top 10 and had good defenders that could turn it up come post season. The nets aren't just outside the top 10 they're one of the worst defenses in the league and one of the worst all time. Plus they don't have guys that can just turn it up notch defensively when it matters.

Yeah they're good enough offensively to overcome their defensive issues but it isn't anywhere close to a done deal.
Our defense has been decent recently

We are a capable team defensivenly when we go all out.

Plus our offense is God tier to the point we don't need to be great defensivenly in order to win

Xiao Yao You
03-12-2021, 05:35 PM

Plus our offense is God tier to the point we don't need to be great defensivenly in order to win

Our and we? What position do you play?

Manny98
03-12-2021, 05:38 PM
Our and we? What position do you play?
It's a UK thing, when we refer to a team that you support we say our/we

fourkicks44
03-12-2021, 05:56 PM
This thread contains some prime bump material for the future....

Stanley Kobrick
03-12-2021, 06:09 PM
i believe this is the official thread of "i was just trolling guys, relax you know i'm huge bran stan" come summer time

fourkicks44
03-12-2021, 06:15 PM
i believe this is the official thread of "i was just trolling guys, relax you know i'm huge bran stan" come summer time

:oldlol:

Bronbron23
03-12-2021, 06:27 PM

They've had some moments recently but overall they're still not very good.

And your offence is good enough to win without a great defense but i don't think they can win with a bad one. You seem to think they can be a decent defense and i don't. Time will tell i guess

Axe
03-12-2021, 06:47 PM
/thread

SouBeachTalents
03-12-2021, 06:58 PM
The Nets are a team we've never seen before. Nobody's ever had 3 of the highest scoring players on one team like this before, and no championship team has ever approached having a defense this bad. Factor in how injury prone Durant & esp Kyrie are, anyone trying to act like they know for sure what's gonna happen one way or the other 3-4 months from now is a clown :lol

If healthy I'd agree they're the title favorites, but 3 superstar perimeter offensive players on a team with no defense is by no means a traditional, or even proven championship formula

LAmbruh
03-12-2021, 07:03 PM
Lakers are absolutely not making it out the 1st round, did you guys watch the 4 games leading up to the bubble. Donezo

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-12-2021, 07:05 PM

Nope. LA were like the 20th worst defense in the regular-season.

The biggest difference between them and everyone else though? They had arguably the 2 best players on the planet.

I'm pretty sure people with predictions are under the assumption teams are healthy. :lol So yes, barring injury, Brooklyn have three top 10 players. Two of them are probably top 3.

Thenameless
03-13-2021, 01:12 AM
I think we need to see what happens at the trade deadline.

Bronbron23
03-13-2021, 01:25 AM
Nope. LA were like the 20th worst defense in the regular-season.

The biggest difference between them and everyone else though? They had arguably the 2 best players on the planet.

I'm pretty sure people with predictions are under the assumption teams are healthy. :lol So yes, barring injury, Brooklyn have three top 10 players. Two of them are probably top 3.

That's cool but the 2 best players on the planet is better than 2 top 10 and one top 20. Sorry dude. Kyrie isn't top 10 and kd and harden aren't top 3. Kd isn't healthy enough to be top 3 and harden isn't a top 3 player regardless. Give me shaq and kobe over those 3 all day.

LoneyROY7
03-13-2021, 02:04 AM
That's cool but the 2 best players on the planet is better than 2 top 10 and one top 20. Sorry dude. Kyrie isn't top 10 and kd and harden aren't top 3. Kd isn't healthy enough to be top 3 and harden isn't a top 3 player regardless. Give me shaq and kobe over those 3 all day.

Sucks that KD and Harden are both top 3.

clipps
03-13-2021, 07:43 AM
I think OP needs to chase a bottle of sleeping pills with cheap vodka.

Bronbron23
03-13-2021, 12:23 PM

Harden isn't top 3 and kd would be but with the Achilles we still don't know if he can be on the floor enough to be that. Regardless even if you think he can that automatically puts harden outside the top 3 because bron, kd and kawhi are easily better. Than you still have guys like greek cp and steph who all have arguments for top 5 over harden

And it wouldn't suck. I like kd and harden is actually growing on me with the nets. They just can't defend is all.

mehyaM24
03-13-2021, 12:32 PM
another year where lebron is an underdog. if he pulls another 2016 his argument for GOAT is strong.

GOBB
03-13-2021, 12:46 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol:

Simmons has never locked up Harden. Harden's numbers against Ben in 6 career games? 32/9/7 on 48 percent.

Like I said boys, low IQ is contagious. Double mask if you have to.

He locked up harden this season. You clearly didn’t watch the game. Kids like you talk, copy and paste stats and didn’t see the game. Weirdos. But par for the course on this board.

We are talking Nets Harden. But you knew this right? Talk about IQ. Yikes you should work on that reading and comprehension

GOBB
03-13-2021, 12:52 PM
Peak Harden is much better than rookie Tatum or Jaylen Brown. Kyrie has never played with anybody great outside of LeBron. And when he did he was a FIBA and All Star Game MVP. You're going to be in for a rude awakening in a few months.

Kyrie is a beta. He proved that with Boston. You keep talking him up like he’s great then quickly make excuses for his shortcomings without Bron. Hilarious. Durant is key period. Not Kyrie and Harden can be neutralized by Ben Simmons. Entire series? No. Harden is great. But in critical quarters, moments in a game when sixers need it? Yes. Much like Iggy did vs Bron in the finals.

And again what team has won 16 games backed solely on offense and no defense? Still waiting. Guess Nets are the exception huh. I mean they added Blake Griffin another guy who jacks 3’s and offers no defense. Cool.

tpols
03-13-2021, 02:12 PM
Kyrie is a beta. He proved that with Boston. You keep talking him up like he’s great then quickly make excuses for his shortcomings without Bron. Hilarious. Durant is key period. Not Kyrie and Harden can be neutralized by Ben Simmons. Entire series? No. Harden is great. But in critical quarters, moments in a game when sixers need it? Yes. Much like Iggy did vs Bron in the finals.

And again what team has won 16 games backed solely on offense and no defense? Still waiting. Guess Nets are the exception huh. I mean they added Blake Griffin another guy who jacks 3’s and offers no defense. Cool.

The facts say otherwise.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bf/ee/aa/bfeeaaadea68fd83b0e71565c9cfae67.jpg

I've made thousands of dollars off suckers like you.

999Guy
03-13-2021, 02:16 PM

Yikes. This will all get bumped at some time this July.

tpols
03-13-2021, 02:19 PM
Especially saying Kyrie is a "beta".

If anything is he tries to be too alpha. Your opinion needs a red ball attached to its nose.

999Guy
03-13-2021, 02:26 PM
Brooklyn wouldn’t make it out the second round in the West. This freakshow roster only has a shot because they really only have to beat two title contenders to win instead of 3-4.

LoneyROY7
03-13-2021, 02:32 PM
He locked up harden this season. You clearly didn’t watch the game. Kids like you talk, copy and paste stats and didn’t see the game. Weirdos. But par for the course on this board.

We are talking Nets Harden. But you knew this right? Talk about IQ. Yikes you should work on that reading and comprehension

Harden had 26/10/8 on 50 percent in the only game against Philly this year. :oldlol: :oldlol: And I did watch the game.

You're actually retarded.

GOBB
03-13-2021, 03:41 PM
Harden had 26/10/8 on 50 percent in the only game against Philly this year. :oldlol: :oldlol: And I did watch the game.

Ben Simmons didn’t guard Harden the entire game. He was put on Harden 2nd half. Like I said you kids read box scores and assume all the stats went on the other player. Kids like you should’ve been swallowed.

Bronbron23
03-13-2021, 04:10 PM

You obviously didn't watch the game. Green covered him most of the game. When simmons was on him he gave harden problems. He literally scored 1 basket against Simmons and that was when Simmons got hung up on a screen. Harden didn't want anything to do with Simmons. When he was on him He either gave it up or called for a screen to get an easier defender.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-13-2021, 04:48 PM
Does LonelyandnoRings7 even believe in Harden to win a ring at this point? He has to have PTSD from all the playoff losses hahahah

LoneyROY7
03-13-2021, 05:00 PM
Imagine thinking Ben Simmons can hold Harden when James has dominated against Philly since Ben has been drafted. :oldlol:

Ben is a very good defender, Harden just happens to be unguardable. It is what it is.

imdaman99
03-13-2021, 05:41 PM
This is a 2011 type year for the Nets. They are the heavy favorites, but some team will stop them and it will be a huge upset. We will all troll them to death and then they will smack the league around for the next 2 seasons because they have offseasons where they can recruit even more ringchasers and stack the deck even more. It is what it is.

999Guy
03-13-2021, 06:01 PM
I just found out about Nicolas Claxton today somehow. Why are they looking for Drummond? Why are they even starting DAJ?

Claxton seems Clint Capela-ish. Not as strong but more mobile. Sweet baby Jesus if he is half as good as he’s played, he can push their defense that much closer to average and that’s all they need.

Ugh. This guy could top Kyrie’s impact in a series and he’ll never get the actual credit for it. KD’s career of lowkey amazing defenders who no one cares about relatively speaking annoys me. Matter of fact, the fact that his entire career he’s been surrounded by all-league guys and MVP’s annoys me. And he really has shit to show for it considering that.

Thabo, Looney, West, Dray(is somehow seen as worse in their GS years), Roberson, Old D-fish. Just crazy amounts of useful players. Now Claxton who has no shot against Embiid but can be good for them against everyone else.

No Jamal crawfords and Lou Williams fake good players.

He went through one year of Reggie Jackson, but it was prime Reggie before the league really figured him out.

Current Blake Griffin might be KD’s first exposure to real polished NBA trash. I pray Jordan and Griffin knock him out the rotation.

3ball
03-13-2021, 06:11 PM
The Nets have already won

The last 4 champions achieved goat ortg's in the Finals - so offense wins in today's league.. people are wrong when they say defense wins... NOT ANYMORE

Xiao Yao You
03-13-2021, 06:21 PM

The last 4 champions achieved goat ortg's in the Finals - so offense wins in today's league.. people are wrong when they say defense wins... NOT ANYMORE

defense won last year. The Lakers were very flawed but they defended

light
03-13-2021, 07:20 PM

The problem is that the last 4 champions averaged a defensive ranking of 5th. The Nets are ranked 26th.

No team in NBA or ABA history has ever won a title with a defensive ranking that low.

The Nets have a great offense but a terrible defense and in the playoffs a team like the Lakers, for example, will have both a great offense and a great defense.

SATAN
03-13-2021, 07:21 PM
Owned.

Jasper
03-13-2021, 08:49 PM
Nets might get to the Eastern finals , but not the finals.

Axe
03-13-2021, 10:17 PM
While will op do if they lose before going to the finals?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-14-2021, 12:53 AM

Nothing to be "sorry" about. I'd roll with Kobe and Shaq too, but that isn't the point.

What I'm saying is the Nets have 2 players in that conversation. The third wheel being as good of a scorer as any at his position. If they're healthy nobody can compete with their firepower, and the defense won't matter in a league where offense takes precedent.

Hopefully I'm wrong and rather see the Clippers or Lakers take them out.

Manny98
03-14-2021, 12:58 AM
Imagine thinking that Lakers & Philly stand a chance against us. We don't even have are best player right now yet we're still destroying top teams with relative ease.

https://i.postimg.cc/MGV82cGL/giphy-8.gif

clutchinho
03-14-2021, 01:13 AM
LAL matches up horribly with Brooklyn. Their offense is just not good enough to take advantage of nets weakness.

LAL are very dependent on getting out in transition for offense and Brooklyn can easily shut it down by playing conservative isolation basketball against them, which is a game that the Lakers won't win against the 3 best iso players in the league.

I'm sure KD will enjoy busting brans ass for the 3rd time running though.

GOBB
03-14-2021, 01:41 AM
Especially saying Kyrie is a "beta".

If anything is he tries to be too alpha. Your opinion needs a red ball attached to its nose.

Your basketball knowledge is sad sad. You ignore his beta actions and go to a game in the NBA finals he himself didn’t carry the Cavs too for what season? I don’t think you comprehend posts/arguments well. You made thousands of dollars on what exactly? Being a dumb asss? Kudos I guess. Not sure what any of it has to do with the topic at hand which is nothing.

What did Kyrie do for Boston in the post season? Oh wait your answer was excuse excuse excuse and here look what he did in the nba finals as robin. Got it.

GOBB
03-14-2021, 01:43 AM
Imagine thinking Ben Simmons can hold Harden when James has dominated against Philly since Ben has been drafted. :oldlol:

Ben is a very good defender, Harden just happens to be unguardable. It is what it is.

Imagine posting a box scores without watching the actual game and then lying that you did. Yikes. Posters in this thread love talking out their ass.

light
03-14-2021, 01:44 AM
LAL matches up horribly with Brooklyn. Their offense is just not good enough to take advantage of nets weakness.

LAL are very dependent on getting out in transition for offense and Brooklyn can easily shut it down by playing conservative isolation basketball against them, which is a game that the Lakers won't win against the 3 best iso players in the league.

I'm sure KD will enjoy busting brans ass for the 3rd time running though.

With the defense Brooklyn has they won't even make it to the finals to meet LAL.

LoneyROY7
03-14-2021, 02:16 AM
Imagine posting a box scores without watching the actual game and then lying that you did. Yikes. Posters in this thread love talking out their ass.

You just ooze low IQ. It's very unbecoming.

3ball
03-14-2021, 03:42 AM
The problem is that the last 4 champions averaged a defensive ranking of 5th. The Nets are ranked 26th.

No team in NBA or ABA history has ever won a title with a defensive ranking that low.

The Nets have a great offense but a terrible defense and in the playoffs a team like the Lakers, for example, will have both a great offense and a great defense.

Best offense wins the title nowadays - the historical record of teams winning with top defenses doesn't apply to the current format of the game because the opposing team in the last 4 Finals also had great ortg's in those Finals.. so it was a shootout with no defense, and the best offense won - this years Finals will also be a no-defense shootout where both teams achieve great ortg

Bronbron23
03-14-2021, 10:31 AM
Nothing to be "sorry" about. I'd roll with Kobe and Shaq too, but that isn't the point.

What I'm saying is the Nets have 2 players in that conversation. The third wheel being as good of a scorer as any at his position. If they're healthy nobody can compete with their firepower, and the defense won't matter in a league where offense takes precedent.

Hopefully I'm wrong and rather see the Clippers or Lakers take them out.

Yeah defense isn't as much of a factor with the new rules but it's still important. Nets have alot of fire power no dought but both kyrie and harden can go cold and shoot their team out of it. We've seen it before.

And if kd was healthy I wouldn't be as concerned because he could pick the slack but he's coming off a serious injury and he's not young anymore. We don't even know if he's gonna be able to stay on the floor come playoff time.

light
03-14-2021, 08:01 PM
Yeah defense isn't as much of a factor with the new rules but it's still important. Nets have alot of fire power no dought but both kyrie and harden can go cold and shoot their team out of it. We've seen it before.

And if kd was healthy I wouldn't be as concerned because he could pick the slack but he's coming off a serious injury and he's not young anymore. We don't even know if he's gonna be able to stay on the floor come playoff time.

Defense in the playoffs still factors in exactly the same way. The game slows down considerably and all of the faster paced teams (playoff pace) lose in the first two rounds.

Xiao Yao You
03-14-2021, 08:40 PM
Best offense wins the title nowadays - the historical record of teams winning with top defenses doesn't apply to the current format of the game because the opposing team in the last 4 Finals also had great ortg's in those Finals.. so it was a shootout with no defense, and the best offense won - this years Finals will also be a no-defense shootout where both teams achieve great ortg

Lakers won without shooters last year because of D.

Bronbron23
03-14-2021, 09:21 PM
Defense in the playoffs still factors in exactly the same way. The game slows down considerably and all of the faster paced teams (playoff pace) lose in the first two rounds.

It definitely doesn't factor in the same way but it does get better than the reg season

TheGoatest
03-15-2021, 06:36 AM
Drummond will be the X-factor. If the Nets get him, then the Lakers obviously can't compete with that type of historical ultra-stacking.

StrongLurk
03-16-2021, 05:36 PM
Nets have won 14 of their last 15 games and KD hasn't played in any of them.

The one game they lost, KD AND Kyrie didn't play.

This team became historically stacked once they traded for Harden yet half of ISH was in denial about it. I said on the same day they traded for Harden that they would win the chip. The only way for the Nets to lose would be through injuries (like the 2019 Warriors).

I love KD as a player, in my opinion he is on Bird's level and a top 10 talent of all time...but wow he legit won't have any real "legacy" since his teams have been so comically stacked. I swear, Lebron winning that ring in 2016 truly destroyed the confidence of every single player in the NBA and they just said F it, we are colluding to no end to beat this guy.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-16-2021, 05:44 PM

This team became historically stacked once they traded for Harden yet half of ISH was in denial about it. I said on the same day they traded for Harden that they would win the chip. The only way for the Nets to lose would be through injuries (like the 2019 Warriors).

I love KD as a player, in my opinion he is on Bird's level and a top 10 talent of all time...but wow he legit won't have any real "legacy" since his teams have been so comically stacked. I swear, Lebron winning that ring in 2016 truly destroyed the confidence of every single player in the NBA and they just said F it, we are colluding to no end to beat this guy.

Bucks with Giannis have been dominating the east for years, they still have never won anything. D'antoni ball has never won anything either. There's still a lot of question marks.

Durant - half amazing, half season is his new nickname

Irving - embarrassing defender that always gets picked on. I see him fouling a lot on defense and getting away with it. His last finals performance in 2017 he got embarrassed on defense with like a 117 defensive rating

Harden - playoff basketball he's closer to Paul George then he is to kawhi or lebron

So there's a lot of question marks. Lets wait to see how they perform in the playoffs.

Axe
03-16-2021, 05:46 PM

Would you tell us that you're just trolling in case things come up short of expectations?

StrongLurk
03-16-2021, 06:04 PM
Would you tell us that you're just trolling in case things come up short of expectations?

Zero trolling unlike last year. I will gladly make an account bet with anyone this year.

If the Nets (healthy) don't win the chip this year, I will never post on ISH again. And unlike some posters, I will actually uphold this bet.

Meticode
03-16-2021, 06:45 PM
I don't think they'll win a championship this year the way they're constructed.

StrongLurk
03-17-2021, 10:03 PM
No KD/Kyrie, no problem.

Nets win again behind Harden's 40/10/15 with 2 steals and only 2 turnovers.

Axe
03-17-2021, 10:06 PM
Too bad the pacers aren't true contenders tho

StrongLurk
03-27-2021, 06:14 PM

Zero trolling unlike last year. I will gladly make an account bet with anyone this year.

If the Nets (healthy) don't win the chip this year, I will never post on ISH again. And unlike some posters, I will actually uphold this bet.

Bumping this again.

Anyone will to bet their account? I will leave ISH forever if the healthy Nets don't win.

StrongLurk
04-07-2021, 09:24 PM
I don't think they'll win a championship this year the way they're constructed.

Still think that? They went 19-4 without Durant. The same Durant who is the only guy in the NBA to ever hang with Lebron over this last decade. The same Durant who is one of the best finals players of all time...his team went 19-4 WITHOUT him.

Only thing stopping this Nets team is injuries.

Axe
04-07-2021, 09:27 PM
Bumping this again.

Anyone will to bet their account? I will leave ISH forever if the healthy Nets don't win.
Bookmarked for reference

StrongLurk
04-07-2021, 09:28 PM
Bookmarked for reference

How do you have over 14K posts in like a year? Want to bet your account, might be good for you.

Axe
04-07-2021, 09:31 PM
How do you have over 14K posts in like a year? Want to bet your account, might be good for you.
It's called dedication sweetheart. Anyway, let my butt haters answer that question for you later on.

Also, no. I don't engage in those silly ass bets.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-07-2021, 09:47 PM
Bumping this again.

Taking this bet. If Leonard loses out of the bubble I'm retiring from this forum. BUT if Leonard wins then your done. From top to bottom I just see clippers as better. They have a coach who actually has a ring.

Rondo and Beverly combined offense and defense > Irving

George = Harden because George massively better defense cancels things out

Kawhi > Durant. Equal or better offense for kawhi and tiers better defense

Morris > Harris better 1 on 1 game for morris

Ibaka > Aldridge. Better defense for ibaka and he's actually won

Cousins > Blake

Zubac > Claxton

Batum > carrot guy

Xiao Yao You
04-07-2021, 09:48 PM
Still think that? They went 19-4 without Durant. The same Durant who is the only guy in the NBA to ever hang with Lebron over this last decade. The same Durant who is one of the best finals players of all time...his team went 19-4 WITHOUT him.

With a guy coming off an achilles that should be a big concern

DoctorP
04-07-2021, 10:05 PM
They win the title or it's a massive choke at this point. NO EXCUSES.

fourkicks44
06-19-2021, 11:42 PM
:lebronamazed:

And1AllDay
06-19-2021, 11:42 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/Rlxfht52POeHMUrner/giphy.gif

StrongLurk
06-19-2021, 11:46 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/Rlxfht52POeHMUrner/giphy.gif

Giannis got lucky that Kyrie and Harden were injured. Nets easily win if not for injuries, which I stated multiple times in this thread.

Mr. Jabbar
06-19-2021, 11:47 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/8223483c62308703c980029a5fc1a7fc/tenor.gif?itemid=15568675

StrongLurk
06-19-2021, 11:51 PM

Quick bump and bold for the posters who can't read.

MrFonzworth
06-19-2021, 11:52 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/4x2vJSfN/IMG-20201212-223629.jpg

fourkicks44
06-19-2021, 11:53 PM
Giannis got lucky that Kyrie and Harden were injured. Nets easily win if not for injuries, which I stated multiple times in this thread.

I think you get a pass however you do need to accept some heat.

Harden and Durant were healthy enough to play huge minutes the last three games and they had homecourt.

Thenameless
06-19-2021, 11:57 PM
The Nets. Offensively gifted, defensively challenged, weak willed flakes.

This is what you get.

StrongLurk
06-19-2021, 11:57 PM
I think you get a pass however you do need to accept some heat.

Harden and Durant were healthy enough to play huge minutes the last three games and they had homecourt.

Another bump from a different post. "If the Nets (healthy) don't win the chip this year, I will never post on ISH again. And unlike some posters, I will actually uphold this bet."

I would gladly leave ISH if the Nets lost with KD, Harden, and Kyrie fully healthy. Harden missed four games and Kyrie missed two and a half...while Bucks were fully loaded and barely won.

It's not much different from the Cavs losing in the 2015 finals because Love and Kyrie were out.

Koresh
06-20-2021, 12:00 AM

Woulda, shoulda, coulda.

fourkicks44
06-20-2021, 12:01 AM
Another bump from a different post. "If the Nets (healthy) don't win the chip this year, I will never post on ISH again. And unlike some posters, I will actually uphold this bet."

I would gladly leave ISH if the Nets lost with KD, Harden, and Kyrie fully healthy. Harden missed four games and Kyrie missed two and a half...while Bucks were fully loaded and barely won.

It's not much different from the Cavs losing in the 2015 finals because Love and Kyrie were out.

I don't want you to leave, man.

But they should have won that and you know it.

Axe
06-20-2021, 12:05 AM
Wow, what an amazing alibi from op after jinxing the said superteam.

Axe
06-20-2021, 12:05 AM
Woulda, shoulda, coulda.
:roll:

Axe
06-20-2021, 12:06 AM

That's cute. You're starting to sound like hbk in this sense even though you're a much respectable poster here.

HBK_Kliq_2
06-20-2021, 12:11 AM
I don't want you to leave, man.

But they should have won that and you know it.

They had a 2-0 lead, they had Irving for half the series and Harden for the other half the series, bucks gave them a game in game 5.

Chokejob by Durant, of course they should of won.

StrongLurk
06-20-2021, 12:13 AM
They had a 2-0 lead, they had Irving for half the series and Harden for the other half the series, bucks gave them a game in game 5.

Chokejob by Durant, of course they should of won.

KD>Kawhi no matter what you post, of course nothing you post matters anyways.

HBK_Kliq_2
06-20-2021, 12:15 AM

0 playoff series wins without an MVP. Scoreless in OT of elimination games in 2014 and 2021. Loser for life. Maybe you should go back to sucking Curry's dick again, Durant. It's the only time anybody ever cared about you.

Axe
02-02-2022, 02:01 AM
:roll:

FultzNationRISE
04-25-2022, 08:52 PM
Bumping this again.

:confusedshrug:

FultzNationRISE
07-01-2022, 01:08 AM

Here ya go buddy :cheers:

Taurus
07-01-2022, 01:19 AM
They won a single playoff series in total LOL

Axe
07-01-2022, 11:00 AM
They won a single playoff series in total LOL
Scary hours underachieved.