PDA

View Full Version : They say Kevin Durant is a snake

Gohan
03-14-2021, 10:08 AM
But why do we give lebron a pass just because his plan was foiled? He was planning on ruining the nba his plan just backfired. There’s no need to call him a snake if you don’t think lebron did nothing wrong. It seems like the media is tryna cover this up. Btw this is not a hate thread on lebron so please be objective

k0kakw0rld
03-14-2021, 10:12 AM
Backfired how?

The man went to 8 straight finals and won 3 rings. He just won one last year what are we talking about here?

Gohan
03-14-2021, 11:05 AM
Backfired how?

The man went to 8 straight finals and won 3 rings. He just won one last year what are we talking about here?

I’m talking about specifically with Miami. Not two not three not 4 but.....

k0kakw0rld
03-14-2021, 11:10 AM
He won 2 and went to 4 straight NBA finals in 4 years with them? :confusedshrug:

k0kakw0rld
03-14-2021, 11:16 AM
OP just like many posters is retarded let me explain why.

KD joining the Warriors isn't the same as LeBron and the Heat. A similar situation would have been LeBron joining the Celtics with KG, Pierce, Ray Allen and Rondo. They were still all stars up until 2012.

3ball
03-14-2021, 11:43 AM
Backfired how?

Losing the Finals means you wouldn't have made the Finals from the other conference, so Finals appearances are conference-dependant affairs - only winning them matters

Heck, Iverson, Dwight, Lebron and Kidd won the East with 1-star teams from 2001-2009 - so weak teams were routinely winning the conference, yet Lebron formed a super-team to guarantee Finals appearances (cheated).

Ultimately, he's mostly lost wherever he went (lost as historic favorite in 09' and 10... 2/4 with Kobe-Pau II... 1/4 with Kyrie.. lottery in West without AD to lead team statistically)

8Ball
03-14-2021, 12:04 PM
LeBron would have won every single championship in the 90s with that garbage Cavs team he was playing with in the 2000s.

Gohan
03-14-2021, 12:14 PM

KD joining the Warriors isn't the same as LeBron and the Heat. A similar situation would have been LeBron joining the Celtics with KG, Pierce, Ray Allen and Rondo. They were still all stars up until 2012.

Get the fck out my thread ****** bitch I didn’t call you retarded or anything. But you have comprehension problems I’m not wasting my time on your team hopping ass

BarberSchool
03-14-2021, 12:16 PM
LeBron would have won every single championship in the 90s with that garbage Cavs team he was playing with in the 2000s.Keep in mind he would be playing with 90’s rules that allowed handchecking, and never rewarded flopping with anything but an embarrassing no-call. 90’s Bulls would easily beat them, 90’s Knicks would too.

k0kakw0rld
03-14-2021, 12:20 PM
Get the fck out my thread ****** bitch I didn’t call you retarded or anything. But you have comprehension problems I’m not wasting my time on your team hopping ass
It is just a thread, not a nightclub. Log your sensitive ass off this forum then, if you can't take an insult. I gave you two responses but of course, you only replied to this one?

In Miami he went to 4 straight finals in 4 years with them. I am confused when yo usay, backfired.

Doranku
03-14-2021, 12:46 PM
The team hopper is right. This would only be a comparable situation if Bran joined the Celtics after losing to them in 2010.

TheGoatest
03-14-2021, 12:52 PM
The team hopper is right. This would only be a comparable situation if Bran joined the Celtics after losing to them in 2010.

And if KG-Pierce-Ray were all about 5 years younger.

mehyaM24
03-14-2021, 12:59 PM
it was a lame move by lebron. nobody will tell you otherwise, but its still not comparable to durant. he was eliminated by the team he choked against, the same team who already won a championship, won 73 games in the regular-season and were seconds away from winning another one. apples and oranges.

the decision didn't pan out the way we thought so he's not criticized for it. miami was great but not warrior stacked when they won in 2012 & 2013. they should have lost in 2013, but the spurs amended their mistake in 2014.

3ball
03-14-2021, 01:16 PM
it was a lame move by lebron. nobody will tell you otherwise, but its still not comparable to durant. he was eliminated by the team he choked against, the same team who already won a championship, won 73 games in the regular-season and were seconds away from winning another one. apples and oranges.

the decision didn't pan out the way we thought so he's not criticized for it. miami was great but not warrior stacked when they won in 2012 & 2013. they should have lost in 2013, but the spurs amended their mistake in 2014.

Lebron's Heat had the most talent in the league by far ("not 6, not 7"), so they had the same advantage over the league as the Warriors

And since lebron's Heat and Cavs stacked the deck first, KD needed more talent to stack the deck in 2017 than he would've needed in 2010 (before lebron started stacking the deck and raising the bar for the talent needed to win)

r0drig0lac
03-14-2021, 01:18 PM

agree, however Lebron also tried to break the league, creating a super team.

mehyaM24
03-14-2021, 01:22 PM
Lebron's Heat had the most talent in the league by far ("not 6, not 7"), so they had the same advantage over the league as the Warriors

And since lebron's Heat and Cavs stacked the deck first, KD needed more talent to stack the deck in 2017 than he would've needed in 2010 (before lebron started stacking the deck and raising the bar for the talent needed to win)

they were stacked at the time of the decision, but with wade's knees and deteriorating health it never worked out that way.

lebron just happened to have the GOAT peak, rattling off 2 of the greatest game 7's ever. miami were lucky to win 2 so he & those heat teams overachieved.

3ball
03-14-2021, 01:26 PM
they were stacked at the time of the decision, but with wade's knees and deteriorating health it never worked out that way.

miami were lucky to win 2. lebron just happened to have the GOAT peak, rattling off 2 of the greatest game 7's ever. so he and those heat teams overachieved.

Bullshit

* 2011 Wade was 1st option in the Playoffs and Lebron was the "pippen"

* 2012 Wade was top 5 in PER, VORP, BPM and WS/48 - all were higher than any year of Pippen

* 2013 Wade averaged 20/5/5 on 47% in the Finals and outscored the opposing 1st option - that's prime Pippen stats (pippen averaged 19/8/6 on 42% in six Finals)

* Lebron had 2 Pippen's (2 stars) and shouldn't need prime Wade anyway

mehyaM24
03-14-2021, 01:28 PM
you need a memory refresher. 20/5/5 is a far cry from prime wade who had years averaging 30.

his knees were shot. that's backed by lebron carrying miami and the entire league in advanced metrics. or impact stats.

3ball
03-14-2021, 01:34 PM
you need a memory refresher. 20/5/5 is a far cry from prime wade who had years averaging 30.

his knees were shot. that's backed by lebron carrying miami and the entire league in advanced metrics. or impact stats.

20/5/5 is prime pippen stats

And lebron had a 3rd star in Bosh that he reduced to rubble because lebron has a skill deficit - can't produce off-ball, so his ball-dominance kills 3rd stars or certain player types

Otoh, Jordan was elite both on and off-ball, so he fit with everyone and teammates played to capacity alongside him.. this resulted in higher team ceilings (6/6)

imdaman99
03-14-2021, 01:43 PM

You're right it wasn't the same as Lebron and the Heatles. It was worse. But let's not act like Lebron doing what he did, didn't open up doors for everyone else who was a star to do the same. People have a right to work where they want to work. You can stack the deck all you want but when you're in a sport, people won't count your rings the same way they count others.

mehyaM24
03-14-2021, 01:43 PM
And lebron had a 3rd star in Bosh that he reduced to rubble because lebron has a skill deficit - can't produce off-ball, so his ball-dominance kills 3rd stars or certain player types

Otoh, Jordan was elite both on and off-ball, so he fit with everyone and teammates played to capacity alongside him.. this resulted in higher team ceilings (6/6)

it wasn't because of playstyle. they simply battled injury. if lebron got wade anywhere from 2006-2011, he 7-peats. just like he predicted.

Mr. Woke
03-14-2021, 01:44 PM
KD is definitely not a snake.

Anyone who thinks that he is a snake is a pathetic bitch.

Micku
03-14-2021, 02:02 PM
What LeBron did was definitely bad. But it just didn't plan out like everyone thought it was gonn'a.

The fans and analysis thought they could be like the Warriors of 17. Not in playstyle, but in dominance. Some ppl thought it was gonn'a take a while cuz superteams in the past didn't pan out as good as ppl thought back then too, but the difference was that the Heat were all in their prime.

What nobody really saw coming was Wade's injuries catching up to him and messing up his play. So, they weren't as good as ppl thought they were gonn'a be. If Wade continued his play like he did in 05-07, 09-11, then things would've been different. They still won, but they weren't the unbeatable team like ppl thought.

This all didn't matter cuz what KD did was worse than what LeBron did. As ppl said, he lost a 3-1 lead to the GSW, who could've won a chip and had won a chip the year prior. Then went to that team.

They did display some beautiful b-ball for sure. But it's still a lame move. Lamer than LeBron's move.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-14-2021, 02:10 PM
Yeah, its a complete double standards by LeBron fans. Don't forget that LeBron attempted to recruit Kawhi at the 2019 all-star game and wanted to form a Kawhi/Davis/LeBron trio that would of ruined the league. I don't think Harden/Durant/Irving trio would of stood a chance against Kawhi/LeBron/Davis.

LoneyROY7
03-14-2021, 02:10 PM
The snake is one of the most dangerous creatures in the animal kingdom.

One moment it's lying in the grass, the next its jaw is clamped onto a trachea squeezing the last few drops of life from its prey.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-14-2021, 02:17 PM
The snake is one of the most dangerous creatures in the animal kingdom.

One moment it's lying in the grass, the next its jaw is clamped onto a trachea squeezing the last few drops of life from its prey.

Nobody is his prey, he is the prey. 1 finals win in 9 years with thunder and then signed with the team who eliminated him in embarrassing fashion.

warriorfan
03-14-2021, 02:56 PM
It’s almost impossible for snakes to choke so LeBron can’t be one.

k0kakw0rld
03-14-2021, 03:39 PM
It’s almost impossible for snakes to choke so LeBron can’t be one.
Says the guy who roots for a guy who blew a 3-1 lead vs LeGOD. Talking about choking :oldlol::lol

fsvr54
03-14-2021, 03:42 PM

He also wanted Kawhi on the Lakers

LoneyROY7
03-14-2021, 03:49 PM
Nobody is his prey, he is the prey. 1 finals win in 9 years with thunder and then signed with the team who eliminated him in embarrassing fashion.

Should've stayed quiet.

KD vs. Kawhi in the playoffs: 27/7/4 12-8 record.

Kawhi vs. KD in the playoffs: 16/7/3 8-12 record.

r0drig0lac
03-14-2021, 03:54 PM
Should've stayed quiet.

this stat is wrong

LoneyROY7
03-14-2021, 03:58 PM
this stat is wrong

You're wrong about it being wrong.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/kawhi-vs.-kevin-durant-playoffs

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/kevin-durant-vs.-kawhi-playoffs

warriorfan
03-14-2021, 04:10 PM
Says the guy who roots for a guy who blew a 3-1 lead vs LeGOD. Talking about choking :oldlol::lol

I raise you the 2011 Finals.

Axe
03-14-2021, 05:45 PM
If kevin durant was a snake, then he could have eaten his teammates back then.

Gohan
03-14-2021, 07:27 PM
Should've stayed quiet.

The point of the thread is this: did lebron try to break the league? Yes. Did he break it? No because his plan for 7 or 8 rings backfired he only got two and rolled out

SATAN
03-14-2021, 07:37 PM
But why do we give lebron a pass just because his plan was foiled? He was planning on ruining the nba his plan just backfired. There’s no need to call him a snake if you don’t think lebron did nothing wrong. It seems like the media is tryna cover this up. Btw this is not a hate thread on lebron so please be objective

People have been stuck in meltdown mode about LeBron ever since. Not sure what you're talking about. :confusedshrug:

I still think Durant is much worse, don't give a **** what anyone else thinks.

light
03-14-2021, 07:38 PM

LeBron would've had to join Kobe, Gasol and Phil Jackson in Los Angeles in 2011 to approximate what KD did in 2017. The Lakers were coming off back-to-back championships, Kobe was coming off an MVP in 2008, etc. If LeBron did that, he would be the snake, but LeBron didn't do that.

LeBron has never teamed up with an MVP and he's never joined a championship team.

SATAN
03-14-2021, 07:39 PM
The point of the thread is this: did lebron try to break the league? Yes. Did he break it? No because his plan for 7 or 8 rings backfired he only got two and rolled out

"Break the league" :oldlol:

He wanted to win. Cleveland was a shit hole with poor management. End of story.