PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is your definition of "Superstar" "star" & "role plyer"

k0kakw0rld
03-16-2021, 03:45 PM
Just curious...

JohnMax
03-16-2021, 03:59 PM
Curry and Klay = Superstars
Lillard and McCollum = Stars
Lebron and Zion = Role players

Im so nba'd out
03-16-2021, 04:31 PM
Superstar Joel Embiid
Role player Pascal Siakam,fred vanvleet, norman powell,Chris Boucher

you get it OP?

Airupthere
03-16-2021, 04:33 PM
Superstar goes beyond skill. Superstars appeal to more people whether that is on/off court related stuff for whatever reason. Stars are almost if not as good as superstars basketball-wise but don't get the attention of his peers/media/fans. Superstars are more consistently on top and are more impactful. Role players are players that serve a good role in the team.

Walk on Water
03-16-2021, 09:42 PM
Superstar goes beyond skill. Superstars appeal to more people whether that is on/off court related stuff for whatever reason. Stars are almost if not as good as superstars basketball-wise but don't get the attention of his peers/media/fans. Superstars are more consistently on top and are more impactful. Role players are players that serve a good role in the team.

This is true. I always thought that Manu Ginobili and Andre Iguodala were more impactful players for winning than someone like Carmelo Anthony. Many others agreed with me. I could never figure out why Melo was considered better than Iggy if he wasn't winning a lot. Now I know why.

Axe
03-16-2021, 11:06 PM
Curry and Klay = Superstars
Lillard and McCollum = Stars
Lebron and Zion = Role players
Wrong :coleman::no: