PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy proving you can be one of the best players in the league with no 3pt shot

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-16-2021, 10:08 PM
Hes averaging 23% from 3 as a Heat player :oldlol:

Yet they play at over a 60 win pace with Jimmy playing the past 2 seasons now. And are horrible without him.

OFC you need to do other things to affect the game too. Hes a great playmaker and defender but the bulk of his offensive impact comes from slashing, attacking the rim and drawing fouls

there's not an aspect of the game he sniffs MJ in yet he's proven to easily be a top 10 player and an MVP level impact player when he plays basically averaging 20/7/7 with elite defense.

Imagine prime MJ today with the spacing now? :oldlol:

He'd get to the cup literally any time he wants. Jimmys motor stands out with his two-way impact but no one stood out more than MJ with his two-way motor.

MJ kills Jimmy in the only elite offensive aspect of his game which is driving and drawing fouls. MJ is the GOAT mid range scorer while Jimmy is pedestrian. Better FT shooter, better rebounder, better playmaker and much better defender too.

MJ would develop a great 3pt shot too but even in the off chance he was a horrible 3pt shooter like 20% (unlikely) he'd still EASILY be the best player today. Damn. :oldlol:

HBK_Kliq_2
03-16-2021, 10:43 PM
I would say Kawhi is the most like Jordan. Both have gigantic hands, both have extremely lengthy wingspan for their height, both are ripped off their ass (2nd 3peat Jordan especially) and both mastered the midrange shot.

Kawhi is also an underrated dunker. I've seen kawhi dunk on Embiid, Giannis, Porzingis, Ibaka. Just not as quick or can jump as high as Jordan as Jordan is more built like a point guard and Kawhi is more of a power forward.

Butler I think would be Scottie Pippen. Impact of a top 5-10 player but never a great shooter or scorer.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-16-2021, 11:16 PM
I would say Kawhi is the most like Jordan. Both have gigantic hands, both have extremely lengthy wingspan for their height, both are ripped off their ass (2nd 3peat Jordan especially) and both mastered the midrange shot.

Kawhi is also an underrated dunker. I've seen kawhi dunk on Embiid, Giannis, Porzingis, Ibaka. Just not as quick or can jump as high as Jordan as Jordan is more built like a point guard and Kawhi is more of a power forward.

Butler I think would be Scottie Pippen. Impact of a top 5-10 player but never a great shooter or scorer.

Kawhi doesnt have close to the two-way motor or playmaking of Jimmy let alone MJ.

999Guy
03-17-2021, 12:06 AM
I can’t believe you thought a Jordan dick sucking thread could possibly be worth sharing and unique.

you sound like you’re convincing yourself

BigShotBob
03-17-2021, 12:06 AM
MJ from 87-89 on the Heat in place of Butler is a championship. With Butler it's a 3-Peat.

iamgine
03-17-2021, 12:11 AM
Yet they play at over a 60 win pace with Jimmy playing the past 2 seasons now. And are horrible without him.

This season, Jimmy was out against a lot of good teams, and played against lots of lesser teams. If you look at the teams Miami beat with Jimmy, only 10% are above .500.

beasted
03-17-2021, 01:03 AM
This season, Jimmy was out against a lot of good teams, and played against lots of lesser teams. If you look at the teams Miami beat with Jimmy, only 10% are above .500.
Not to excuse their losses with Jimmy active, but how many of those games were without BAM, Dragić or Herro?

Miami is a good team with a glaring need of frontcourt talent. Regardless of who else has been out this season, it's clear Jimmy is an MVP class talent when you compare their results when he's been active vs not.

Butler is surely not MJ, but he's clearly a top 5 wing and easily a top 15 player.

LAL
03-17-2021, 02:30 AM
If you have skills from mid-range, you're going to do well in life. From there (middle) you can either chose to go closer and safer or take a risk from further away, all good as long as you're comfortable and can always fall back to that mid range.

That's the problem with you kids.

Axe
03-17-2021, 02:54 AM
If you have skills from mid-range, you're going to do well in life. From there (middle) you can either chose to go closer and safer or take a risk from further away, all good as long as you're comfortable and can always fall back to that mid range.

That's the problem with you kids.
Do albanians play ball like that? Please do enlighten us, master. :rolleyes:

LAL
03-17-2021, 03:23 AM
Do albanians play ball like that? Please do enlighten us, master. :rolleyes:

You're welcome my soulless, weird jewish friend.

light
03-17-2021, 04:10 AM
They would just zone MJ up all game.

Teams don't worry about Jimmy like that because he's not an unstoppable slasher like MJ was.

HylianNightmare
03-17-2021, 07:24 PM
Iykyk

Dem boys too young

RRR3
03-17-2021, 08:17 PM
The most infuriating thing about Jimmy’s 3PT shooting is that he wasn’t close to this bad until he got to Miami. Idk what happened. He’s still probably the ~10th-11th best player in the league, but if he could just get back to his usual 33-36% it’d really help the offense.

Manny98
03-17-2021, 08:37 PM
Love me some Jimmy Butler

DoctorP
03-17-2021, 09:25 PM
Butler killing it as I type this.

ELITEpower23
05-30-2021, 09:48 PM
Hes averaging 23% from 3 as a Heat player :oldlol:

OFC you need to do other things to affect the game too. Hes a great playmaker and defender but the bulk of his offensive impact comes from slashing, attacking the rim and drawing fouls

there's not an aspect of the game he sniffs MJ in yet he's proven to easily be a top 10 player and an MVP level impact player when he plays basically averaging 20/7/7 with elite defense.

Imagine prime MJ today with the spacing now? :oldlol:

He'd get to the cup literally any time he wants. Jimmys motor stands out with his two-way impact but no one stood out more than MJ with his two-way motor.

MJ kills Jimmy in the only elite offensive aspect of his game which is driving and drawing fouls. MJ is the GOAT mid range scorer while Jimmy is pedestrian. Better FT shooter, better rebounder, better playmaker and much better defender too.

MJ would develop a great 3pt shot too but even in the off chance he was a horrible 3pt shooter like 20% (unlikely) he'd still EASILY be the best player today. Damn. :oldlol:

We saw what Jiimmy Butler Jordan did this year. He was clamped.