PDA

View Full Version : Would getting rid of the double step back help reduce 3 pointers?

Walk on Water
03-17-2021, 12:26 AM
Nobody in the 90s did the double step back movie. I don't care what anybody says, that is a travel in my mind. You should never be allowed to get such an advantage by gathering the ball and taking an extra step. I think getting more strict with that rule could potentially change the offense. Get rid of that move.

You need to give defenders more freedom as well, somehow. Yes hand checking should be allowed. Maybe you shouldn't be allowed to touch certain body parts or hurt someone. But you should be allowed to slightly slow your defender down at times.

And the ticky tack fouls should be left alone more often, on both sides. Stop giving Harden all those free throws. Stop allowing him to do double step backs.

If they could just make these small changes, it could make a difference. We gotta get back to real basketball.

clipps
03-17-2021, 12:35 AM
Nobody in the 90s did the double step back movie. I don't care what anybody says, that is a travel in my mind. You should never be allowed to get such an advantage by gathering the ball and taking an extra step. I think getting more strict with that rule could potentially change the offense. Get rid of that move.

You need to give defenders more freedom as well, somehow. Yes hand checking should be allowed. Maybe you shouldn't be allowed to touch certain body parts or hurt someone. But you should be allowed to slightly slow your defender down at times.

And the ticky tack fouls should be left alone more often, on both sides. Stop giving Harden all those free throws. Stop allowing him to do double step backs.

If they could just make these small changes, it could make a difference. We gotta get back to real basketball.

I agree. Touching another man's pee-pee is pretty gay and should be considered a technical.

Walk on Water
03-17-2021, 05:32 AM
I agree. Touching another man's pee-pee is pretty gay and should be considered a technical.

You're being weird.

k0kakw0rld
03-17-2021, 05:49 AM
Lillard dont use double step back to hit threes.

The reason why Steph was able to hit so many threes is because of Draymonds and Boguts illegal screens.

Lebron23
03-17-2021, 06:41 AM
Don't hate the players, hate the game. It's not the players fault we have much better shooters right now compared to those 1990's, and 2000's players.

Walk on Water
03-17-2021, 06:57 AM
Lillard dont use double step back to hit threes.

The reason why Steph was able to hit so many threes is because of Draymonds and Boguts illegal screens.

They never did illegal screens for Steph.

Reggie43
03-17-2021, 07:33 AM
I dont see the nba allowing more physical defense on the perimeter to deter shooters and slashers so I guess we are stuck with this cookie cutter modern style of play.

clipps
03-17-2021, 08:17 AM
You're being weird.

What's your point?:confusedshrug:

Gimmedarock
03-17-2021, 01:21 PM
Players need to play better D but the best are going to hit that shot. Can’t hate.

Airupthere
03-17-2021, 01:40 PM
Step back shooting is fine. It is the extra step they call gather that makes it impossible to stop. Plus the fact that the defender cant get close to the shooter. It's like the shooter is in a bubble, a safe space to shoot all the time. There is full confidence in shooting knowing that the refs are on your side.

Compare modern day step-back like Harden's, Luka's or Tatum's to the ones before. Tmac, Kobe, MJ would take one hard plant off of one foot for the step back shot. No extra steps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc369v9ES5o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKwKquEgn78

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeDQQ-ww5No

tpols
03-17-2021, 02:21 PM
I mean role players take tons of spot up 3's. In the 90's, role players would take midrange jumpers... especially 4's and 5's, they didn't camp the 3 pt line spotting up like they do now. So we'll always have a lot of 3's taken now that everybody could shoot them.