PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Curry to the Lakers next year???

Lebron23
03-17-2021, 12:55 AM
https://lakersdaily.com/paul-pierce-kendrick-perkins-say-they-wouldnt-be-surprised-lebron-james-stephen-curry-team-lakers/

Paul Pierce and Kendrick Perkins say they wouldn’t be surprised if LeBron James and Stephen Curry teamed up on Lakers

https://lakersdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Screen-Shot-2021-03-08-at-12.29.34-PM.jpg

Just days ago, Los Angeles Lakers superstar LeBron James, as one of the captains of the NBA All-Star game, chose the Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry to be on his squad.

Now, former Boston Celtics Paul Pierce and Kendrick Perkins are saying that they wouldn’t be surprised if Curry teamed up with James sometime in the future.

n Lakers
By Robert Marvi

Save
Updated: March 16, 2021
Stephen Curry and LeBron James
Just days ago, Los Angeles Lakers superstar LeBron James, as one of the captains of the NBA All-Star game, chose the Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry to be on his squad.

Now, former Boston Celtics Paul Pierce and Kendrick Perkins are saying that they wouldn’t be surprised if Curry teamed up with James sometime in the future.

“We saw all the joy. We saw the laughter in the All-Star Game between him (Curry) and LeBron James, chest-bumping and high-fiving,” said Perkins on “The Jump.” “Hey look, I’m telling you, right now I don’t put nothing past anyone in the NBA. I’m just saying P, I don’t put nothing past anything could happen when it comes down to the NBA”

“Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised either,” responded Pierce.

“Come on both of you, I do not see Steph Curry joining up with LeBron and the Lakers,” responded host Rachel Nichols.

The two former Celtics were discussing if the Warriors should look to make a trade prior to this month’s trade deadline and whether they should lock up Curry on a contract extension.

At first glance, it seems like an impossibility. James and Curry have been rivals, with both facing off in the NBA Finals four straight years from 2015 to 2018.

Curry’s team won three of those four championships, putting a dent in James’ resume.

Then again, when whispers of Anthony Davis forcing a trade from the New Orleans Pelicans started in 2019, the prospect of him ending up on the Lakers also seemed like a long shot.

James is signed with the Purple and Gold through 2023. He will likely not be done with basketball at that point, as he has said he wants to play long enough to be in the NBA at the same time as his son Bronny James.

The elder James and the Lakers will face Curry’s Warriors tonight in Northern California.

light
03-17-2021, 04:25 AM
Maybe after his contract is up in 2022. If Klay comes back and the Warriors aren't the same I can imagine the then 34 year old Curry considering other options.

Walk on Water
03-17-2021, 05:27 AM
He has AD. Why more help?

Wally450
03-17-2021, 11:12 AM
Wouldn't be an upgrade because LeBron fans think Curry sucks, no?

Uncle Drew
03-17-2021, 11:14 AM
LeBron and Curry, even at this age, would be the most lethal duo in NBA history. They fit perfectly.

Kiddlovesnets
03-17-2021, 11:29 AM
You acting like Pierce and Perkins know what they are talking about, theres such a thing called salary cap you know? Or are the Lakers gonna trade AD for Curry?
:lol

Gimmedarock
03-17-2021, 01:13 PM
I’d like to see it. Team would be near untouchable. Curry is the perfect fit for Bron.

Bronbron23
03-17-2021, 04:35 PM
Wouldn't be an upgrade because LeBron fans think Curry sucks, no?

Bron stans have a convenient relationship witj curry. When it comes to comparing him and bron they say bron is way better and steph is overrated.

When it comes to rating brons chips they point to the greatness of steph and that 16 warriors team. They're a very confused group.

pandiani17
03-17-2021, 04:49 PM
You acting like Pierce and Perkins know what they are talking about, theres such a thing called salary cap you know? Or are the Lakers gonna trade AD for Curry?
:lol

It really sounds like Pierce and Perkins are basically talking trash.

Axe
03-17-2021, 05:39 PM
If the two somehow ended up being together in a certain team and win multiple rings in the process, well there's a big probability that curry will never win finals mvp with him by his side. Also, hopefully bran does not get reduced to being a mere screen setter most of the time unlike what chef dingo has done with his teammates from oakland.

Jasper
03-17-2021, 10:35 PM
nope - he heads to the Bucks

Marchesk
03-17-2021, 11:48 PM
Maybe after his contract is up in 2022. If Klay comes back and the Warriors aren't the same I can imagine the then 34 year old Curry considering other options.

Curry/AD/Zion big 3 in LA after Lebron retires.

8Ball
03-17-2021, 11:50 PM
Even these NBA players don't understand salary cap and contract lengths.

Kiddlovesnets
03-18-2021, 12:36 AM
And Lebron needs more help...
:facepalm

Mr. Woke
03-18-2021, 12:43 AM
That would be cool.

Lol at the pathetic snowflakes ITT crying about this.